Lasts on me for about 3 hours while regular lipsticks only last 1 hour. I have very thin lips and lipsticks just don't wear well on me. Nice selection of colours though I would like a darker pinkish orange (intense coral or salmon shade).
I love the similar product YSL has - Vernis A Levres. It lasts a bit longer and it doesn't feel quite as sticky as the L'Oreal. And the colours are a little more sophisticated. But it costs more than 3 times as much ($10 vs $35). I use the YSL #29 as my goto but have a lot of these L'Oreals for fun looks.
I have the shade Lolita. Is this the most ultimate lipstick/gloss? Nah!
But the colour is divine, the perfect shade for everyday, moisturising, not sticky- great
I really do find myself wearing this lippy often, more often than I originally though; as I'm not a gloss lover. That being said the smell I hate, it's really sweet ( but I can adjust) and the lasting power is not anything to write home about.
That being said, if you love a natural pink, then Lolita's your gal
This is A STAIN not a gloss, so the title is very misleading which it states that it is a "wet shine" were there is no shine what so ever. I have it in the colour Rose on and on, which looks like a beautiful medium pink it dries to be two shades darker than what it is in the tube. Despite all the midleadingness! it is still a gorgeous colour!
I bought Rose On and On; the color in the tube is a pretty medium rosy pink, but after I applied, the dry down caused it to turn much brighter than expected. So next time I first applied a thin layer of foundation to my lips & then the stain - better, the dry down was much more muted & closer to the color in the tube. It did leave a subtle pretty stain for a/b 3-4 hours, but the finish was neither shiny or glossy, as my lips felt dry & kind of "gummy." It clings to every little flake of skin on your lips, even when I thought my lips were smooth & in good condition, I'd apply & be horrified at how this settled in every little crack/crevice! Not impressed at all & would definitely not repurchase.
I have these in the shades Lolita and Princess and they're probably my favourite lip product. They're sorta the kinda things that you use once and you're like 'meh' but you find that you keep coming back to! I have naturally pigmented lips and Lolita is totally my everyday MLBB shade. Princess I would save for going out as it's brighter and more dramatic. The colours slide smoothly over my lips with ease and they're never patchy, which I find happens with quite a lot of my other lip products. Feels almost like a super watery gloss at first and then gets slightly stickier, but never so sticky that you think it's going to glue your mouth shut! I've heard people complain about the 'gloopiness' of the product but I like it; feels like it's really sticking to my lips. I normally apply one coat of Lolita and don't have to worry about it for at least 4 hours before I find myself wanting to touch up. They do transfer quite easily but I can overlook that. Love the cute packaging and while the flowery scent may be a turn-off for some, I love it!
I have this in the color milady and it's gorgeous. Applies easily and not too sticky or running. Just enough shine without being too overly shimmering. Color stays well even after eating or drinking. I would love to try the other colors but currently have too many lipsticks and lip glosses still hanging around. I think for a drug store lip stain this is definitely a good buy and a must try.
I have the colour in Bella. It looks sheer on the lips, not very glittery which is nice. Im not fond of the taste though. Overall a nice everyday colour.
love this stuff! i have very red, pigmented lips, which i am thankful for, but they do limit my lip color options since light or even bright colors can make them look pale or just weird. these caresse stains really adjust to my lip shade and make them look colorful and nice, not weirdly pale or over the top i just ate something pigmented and now my lips are unnaturally stained this color bright. theres a variety of shades, and all the packaging is a little plasticky and not as nice and metal as it looks, i think you're getting you're moneys worth.
I got this in berry persistent. The swatches I found online looked very nice but actually on me it was very patchy. My bottom lip somehow got darker/more color than the upper lip & I have never had this issue with any other gloss, stain or lipstick
I'm not sure if it is just this color but there is a fruity scent to it that I don't mind.
The texture is really goopy & sticky. It only looks good after 2-3 layers. However, it does NOT look like the color in the tube at all. I have to let it settle for a bit before adding another layer or pressing my lips together or the color moves
I wanted to like this. It isnt terrible & I will use it but I will not repurchase.
I bought "Lilac Ever After" over the weekend and my first impressions are very mixed. So far:
1) Packaging is elegant and appears durable but not practical.
2) I like the applicator. I have slender "kitten lips" and this applicator allows me to apply product without hitting skin around my mouth. I'd say it's one of the best, most precise applicators I've ever used.
3) Product itself has nice texture -- very lightweight and non-sticky. It glides on, "sets" and wears pretty well. Several hours. ALSO, I ate spaghetti and meat sauce while wearing this. Despite several napkin blots, the light glossy color held on to my lips. It's not SUPER SHINY like more traditional lip gloss, but it definitely shines.
4) I've noted other consumers have complained of dryness. I haven't experienced that BUT I DO moisturize my lips with a light mauve tinted balm prior to applying lip color, so that might offset product dryness.
5) Here's the "dealbreaker" -- Unattractive, inaccurate colors. I purchased "Lilac Ever After" and it's not lilac, rosy, pinkish, purplish, or anything remotely resembling lilac. It looks like a soft, cool mauve in the container but it sets to a very obvious peachy nude. I have cool undertones, so this color "drains" my face and makes me look tired and sallow. I'm considering exchanging it for an alternative color, but I'm unsure a new cool color will be any less warm/peach/orange. UPDATE: I've found that layering application makes the product closer to its designated color. Still... Even layered this really doesn't look lilac or cool-toned to me. I look less "washed out" due to the deeper color but the finish doesn't look like gloss or stain, it looks like shiny creamy lipstick.
I suspect L'Oreal deliberately produced this product in inferior, inaccurate colors to steer customers to YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain (the "high end" equivalent selling for $34). Perhaps these are more color true? I've not sampled them so I couldn't say, but I've CONSIDERED checking them out to see if I can get a better color.
This annoys me, and it doesn't help that the L'Oreal stain isn't exactly cheap.
I tried another color -- Stubborn Plum -- and liked it better. It applied more a pale-medium fuchsia pink than plum -- again! Poor color consistency! It lasted pretty well and left a natural, rosy pink stain. Didn't dry my lips out and it layers well. If I'd bought this one first, I'd probably be reasonably satisfied with the product, but I still think the color issue is a problem.