October 20, 2014 | 1944 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lilylivi

So this was one of my first mascaras, and for a while, I hated it. The formula was incredibly clumpy and thick, and I ended up with spider-leg lashes. In addition, the big brush made it easy to mess up. However, in a youtube video, a beauty guru talked about wiping off the mascara wand every so often help the mascara apply better. I tried it, and it turned out, there was a thick layer of gunk that I had to rinse and scrape off. After doing that and putting it in hot water for a bit to make it less gunky, it works infinitely better. It goes on pretty easily now, and while if you pile it on you can still get spidery lashes, it doesn't flake or smudge. It stays on for 7+ hours and still looks decent. However, this doesn't give that much length, and while it does give volume, it is not very dramatic.

To sum up:

Pros:
-long lasting
-super black
-gives volume

Cons:
-thick, sometimes gunky formula
-can cause spider legs

In my opinion, this works great as an everyday mascara. Just make sure to wipe off the brush every so often.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is s very nice product! One of my faves but my go to is the maybelline great lash lots of lashes :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by suncicagogic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have long, not so thick lashes, and this didnt do much for me. It didnt clump, and lashes looked good, but nothing special. Every lash was coated on its own, providing volume, but it looked too natural in my opinion. It doesnt smudge, lasts all day, but its hard too get off.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Elianaleehah

I like this mascara but personally in my makeup routine I don't use it alone. I like to first apply my Elizabeth Arden lengthening mascara then top it off my a good one or two coats of this. I feel it doesn't clump really holds up well waterproof and is quite easy to remove with the right makeup remover. It has lasted me a long time and I will definitely buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by 13jhlee

i had high hopes for this mascara but i did not like it. i have short, straight lashes and this didn't do much for me. i have the waterproof formula which usually gives me more volume but this basically did nothing. would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Emmalouhoo

The first mascaras I ever bought were maybelline and I had no problems with them, but I also was looking for anything beyond covering my blonde lashes up. As I got older I bought other brands. Now I decided to give this particular mascara and I've found that it's pretty good but has a few flaws. I personally liked the creamy and thinish texture. The brush was good at lengthening but NOT separating at all. The bristles hurt a bit as they touch the lash line. I found that is was very good at getting to the roots of my lashes though. I liked that it came with the brush separate from the tube (very sanitary). It gave me a chance to see what the bush looked like. I found that I got the best look when I layered it over Clinique high impact mascara. Overall, the rocket volume mascara is very good with other mascaras but not especially good alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Catalinaaa

This so far has been my favorite mascara! It makes my eyelashes really pop!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Kerae

This is one mascara that I'll purchase over and over. I love everything about it. The brush is perfect for volumizing lashes and doesn't clump up on me either. No flaking or smudging either. Great gem from the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Hollylolly123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the best mascara I've had so far! It's great! The only issue I'd say is that it's a bit pricey but it's worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after seeing it on a You Tuber and it gave her that false lash effect. I will not repurchase.