November 1, 2014 | 817 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by SamwoW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this mascara. It is great for creating plump eyelashes with as little as one or maybe two coats depending on your lashes. Have stuck with this brand for over a year now. Fave cheap mascara fo sho.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by scfiakhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

oh my god, maybelline released a great drugstore mascara!!

honestly, i have a really hard time finding a good mascara. i have pretty nice eyelashes, thick and a good length, so obviously i'd like a mascara that really bring them out, right?

i really hate clumpy, thick mascaras that give a tacky doll eye-d effect. the six spidery lashes thing isn't my style at all, so i always look for mascaras with a very fine brush.

i was so happy to find a mascara with a good smooth consistency like this one, and a brush that left clumping and blotting to a minimum, and even gets small on the ends to use in the corners of your eyes for the longest lashes. it washes off pretty well, not impossible waterproof, but it wont melt onto your face when you're crying (ahaha...)

it's the best mascara i'll ever buy from target, lemme tell you that hahah. definitely reccommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by taral001

I had high hopes with this mascara especially with all the hype it receives from the beauty gurus of youtube. Unfortunately, it let me down. It darkened my lashes and gave them a very natural look, which is fine, but not what I look for in a mascara. I want length, volume, and drama. This had none of that. Also, the packaging is huge and bulky, which I find to be extremely annoying. Bigger is not better when it comes to packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I like this mascara a lot but in all reality it's just like cover girl lash blast and I personally like that better then this one. I bought the rocket to try out and I was pleasantly surprised but I hardly use it. Not the most impressive but good

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lilylivi

So this was one of my first mascaras, and for a while, I hated it. The formula was incredibly clumpy and thick, and I ended up with spider-leg lashes. In addition, the big brush made it easy to mess up. However, in a youtube video, a beauty guru talked about wiping off the mascara wand every so often help the mascara apply better. I tried it, and it turned out, there was a thick layer of gunk that I had to rinse and scrape off. After doing that and putting it in hot water for a bit to make it less gunky, it works infinitely better. It goes on pretty easily now, and while if you pile it on you can still get spidery lashes, it doesn't flake or smudge. It stays on for 7+ hours and still looks decent. However, this doesn't give that much length, and while it does give volume, it is not very dramatic.

To sum up:

Pros:
-long lasting
-super black
-gives volume

Cons:
-thick, sometimes gunky formula
-can cause spider legs

In my opinion, this works great as an everyday mascara. Just make sure to wipe off the brush every so often.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is s very nice product! One of my faves but my go to is the maybelline great lash lots of lashes :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by suncicagogic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have long, not so thick lashes, and this didnt do much for me. It didnt clump, and lashes looked good, but nothing special. Every lash was coated on its own, providing volume, but it looked too natural in my opinion. It doesnt smudge, lasts all day, but its hard too get off.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Elianaleehah

I like this mascara but personally in my makeup routine I don't use it alone. I like to first apply my Elizabeth Arden lengthening mascara then top it off my a good one or two coats of this. I feel it doesn't clump really holds up well waterproof and is quite easy to remove with the right makeup remover. It has lasted me a long time and I will definitely buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by 13jhlee

i had high hopes for this mascara but i did not like it. i have short, straight lashes and this didn't do much for me. i have the waterproof formula which usually gives me more volume but this basically did nothing. would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Emmalouhoo

The first mascaras I ever bought were maybelline and I had no problems with them, but I also was looking for anything beyond covering my blonde lashes up. As I got older I bought other brands. Now I decided to give this particular mascara and I've found that it's pretty good but has a few flaws. I personally liked the creamy and thinish texture. The brush was good at lengthening but NOT separating at all. The bristles hurt a bit as they touch the lash line. I found that is was very good at getting to the roots of my lashes though. I liked that it came with the brush separate from the tube (very sanitary). It gave me a chance to see what the bush looked like. I found that I got the best look when I layered it over Clinique high impact mascara. Overall, the rocket volume mascara is very good with other mascaras but not especially good alone.