December 21, 2014 | 1939 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Sancha82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was previously using Dior iconic Overcurl and let me tell you this $6 tube of the rocker blows that $30 Dior out of the water! I have long eyelashes but they tend to fall flat, the rocket holds the curl all day and I've been asked many times if I'm wearing falsies. I can even use this without curling my lashes and you would never know. I use the waterproof one and its a little hard to remove but coconut oil works great. Def my HG mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the waterproof version...which is usually my "go to" formula. Waterproof, for me, holds the best and lasts the longest. I bought this on a whim while grocery shopping. I've read the good things on here and online...so I thought, for $6, why not?

It's not much for volume. Which is fine with me. When I apply masacara, I want to see length, curl and separation. I applied this after curling my lashes. Then I let each coat (used 3) dry before applying another. My lashes turned out curled, long and separated.

EDIT 11/19/14: My love for this mascara is over. The first 3 initial uses, it was great. However, I've noticed that this mascara has actually cause my lashes to break. I now have a section of "short" lashes I have to fill in with a fiber powder until they grow back. Tossed this one and on to the next...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara based solely on the online reviews here on makeupalley.com. I know it advertises to add volume to lashes, but all I got was minimal length. No volume at all, actually it made my lashes look defined in an odd way. Like a bunch of skinny black toothpicks or something. The tips of my lashes also stuck together even after I tried using my lash comb. I think the formula is too wet for my liking, it also smelled strongly and stung my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Alicecarrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The brush is difficult to use and it keeps clumping.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by elitegymnasticsxo

h8 h8 h8 this mascara. I bought the blackest shade there is. Love the packaging, it is very cute. Onto the actual mascara, I hate it. The formula is thick and dry. It weighs down my lashes, even if I on a thin layer. I am Asian, and I don't have thin, sparse lashes. I have thick lashes and most mascaras tend to work on me, but this one didn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by babyyrebel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara because my lashes looks longer and also long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by karliemoore17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best mascara I've ever used! I can not rave about it enough! I've been using it for about a year now, gone through 3-4 tubes, and keep repurchasing. It applies wonderfully, the brush seperates my lashes and never leaves me clumpy, its nice and thick, and doesn't run or flake on me. Maybelline has a lifetime customer in me for this mascara for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really enjoy using this mascara. It's really black, long lasting, and easy to apply with the plastic bristles. The volume is pretty good, it's not crazy dramatic but the volume is there, my only problem with this product is how hard it is to remove! It takes a few products to take off my lashes, and even the morning after removing, I'll find residue. It's a product worth using if you don't mind taking some extra time to remove it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by jvdb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Normally buy Maybelline "falsies" masscara and bought this for a change. I found the brush very difficult to work with, combined with how wet the formula is I get nothing but clumps. Impossible to build extra coats since they just clump even more. Don't even bother trying to put on your bottom lashes with this brush... it will go everywhere. The forumula is almost a cross between regular and waterpoof even though this is not technically the waterproof version. Definitely does not smudge but difficult to remove completely even with makeup remover. Honestly I could see the forumula working well but I hate the brush so much I went out and bought new mascara about three weeks after even though I was determined not to waste this tube. I will attempt to finish this stuff off using a different brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS:
Amazing volume gives you lashes you didn't know you had
Holds curl for a while

CONS:
Takes a lot of time and work to get right
No length
Clumps lashes together
Flakes under the eyes
Holds a curl briefly but flops after a few hours on my fine lashes
Hard to remove, have to use oil-based remover or oil
Sharp plastic bristles scratch my eyes which is a potential entry point for infection

WAY TOO EXPENSIVE IN MY COUNTRY, here in New Zealand we pay 4 times you US gals pay and we don't get discounts. For just a little more I might as well buy high end