Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 5/1/2015 2:42:00 PM

I really like this mascara! I use it in the non-waterproof formula on a daily basis. It provides a nice amount of length and volume. It leaves my lashes clump-free and soft - no crispness whatsoever. The lasting power is INSANE... I wore this all day while I was sick and my eyes were watery, AND I fell asleep in it. I woke up to find my lashes looking just as good as when I had first applied my makeup. I was so pleased! However, I wish this thickened my lashes a bit more, and I wish the chubby wand was a little smaller. I've poked myself in the eye with the wand before and boy, that was not a pleasant experience.

i dont like this mascara at all...i specifically bought this mascara for volume ,yes it does lenghtens your eyelashes a bit,but it heavily clumps them toghter..my eyelahes are very thin and rare,and i want a mascara to give the some fullness and volume but nope this only made me look like i have huge holes(empty spaces )between my eyelashes because it clumps..it aso leaves nasty flakes if you try to aply a second coat..you cant build it..deffinitely wont repurchase but im realy dissapointed because from what can i see some people rave it..maybe a bought an unlucky tube i dont know

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Product does not give much volume at all, I would definitely not call this a volumizing mascara, would not buy again, I have to scrub my lashes so hard to get any coverage.

on 4/22/2015 12:02:00 AM

I LOVE this mascara. I have used many mascaras and by far this one is my favourite. It adds a realistic length (not thick tubes at the end of my lashes like some mascaras) and separates my lashes perfectly with no clumps. The brush is amazing for this. I have fallen asleep with this mascara on and reapplied it in the morning and it still looks amazing. I have never had smudging or flaking problems with this mascara and I have been using it for over a year now. I usually just take it off with dove soap in the shower or coconut oil and it comes right off.I am super impressed with this mascara and will continue to buy it :) I pray that it does not get changed or discontinued. If so please warn me so I can buy a life supply lol.

on 4/10/2015 5:43:00 PM

Top 3 drugstore mascaras FOR SURE.

1. Bought it on a whim when I got invited out and hadn't put mascara on that day. Was SHOCKED at how SUPER BLACK it is and how 1 coat is PERFECT (...when the tube is brand new).

2. I'm a very very very bad person, who is often guilty of sleeping in my mascara. This stuff stays on throughout the ENTIRE NIGHT and is buildable in the morning. Doesn't irritate my eyes at all.

3. For the girls who like to remove with water, you're not gonna be happy. Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup Remover is my go-to to remove EVERYTHING though.

4. Wish the brush was a LITTLE smaller just because I feel like I can maneuver that better. But overall this mascara is pretty damn amazing.

on 4/7/2015 4:27:00 PM

Packaging is necessarily huge, the wand is a little bit too thick. The regular one that i have is way too liquid and the brush it self does not avoid clumps. I have long lashes and because this takes so long to dry, it would get on my eye makeup. A good thing about it is that in never dries out. I used with some of my friends that have short lashes and it definitely worked better for them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is NOT a high-end, no flaw product, but it is the best drugstore mascara in town. I'm suprised this didn't get higher reviews, but my guess is that this happened because people are expecting a BANG in the face. It's got the name ROCKET after all! Be aware- don't expect a punch in the face, but instead a natural looking eyelash push-up. Great natural product, so beautiful and formula is thick and luxurious, hardening as usage goes on (and gets better).

This has been my HG mascara for about 2 yrs now. It makes my lashes look thick and full without clumping. Even the nonwaterproof version holds a curl. I like to try different mascaras but I will always have a tube if this in my makeup case.

This is a really good mascara. It gave my lashes great volume and great length. There's a few setbacks though. They're not really big dealbreakers, which is the reason why I gave this mascara 4 out of 5 lippies :) First, the nonwaterproof version can't be removed with just soap and water. I had to use coconut oil to completely remove it. Second, It does flake a little bit after 8 hours, which explains the smudging after my 12-hr shift. However, it still made my eyelashes look amazing all throughout the day. It just needed a check in the mirror by mid afternoon, but my job doesn't even give me that kind of time (unfortunately) >_<. Third dealbreaker, which may be related to the first, is lashes falling out. I've used a lot of mascaras (both waterproof and regular formulas), but this is the only one that made it sparse after removal. If I reapply the mascara again, the Rocket still made it look like they're full blown camel lashes.

on 3/29/2015 8:03:00 PM

There was a lot of mascara on sale at Boots this week because they had ordered too much. It only cost me 1.59. I really liked it. One coat won't do, but if you use 3 it works wonders. I found it have me a lot of volume. Especially on my bottom lashes. Will purchase more when I run out for sure.