October 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Milchfrau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was incredibly hyped for this product, and it actually took me quite a while to find it. When I finally did, it was In Switzerland, where everything is expensive, subsequently I can't comment much on the actual price-value relationship of the product, but the Price in CHF was over-priced in my opinion.

This mascara comes with an unforgiving little plastic applicator; I'm not too keen on using it, since it is difficult to get product onto the roots of my eyelashes. When I did try, I was scared that I might smear it all over my eyelids...It worked out fine, but I can imagine a better brush, especially for this kind of formula.

Clump Crusher is difficult to remove. No matter how much I rubbed around on my eyelids I would always end up with little mascara shadows under my eyes the next day.

On the clumpiness; this mascara really does have less clumps than your average one, but it is not. clump. free. For a mascara, who's main appeal is to be clump-free, not being clump-free is... problematic.

Most importantly, the biggest reason for my disappointment: this mascara made my eyes swell. I have never had that kind of problem with any mascara, and I am kind of sad that it had to be this mascara.

TLDR: I really wanted to like Clump Crusher... but I didn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

For the first time in a long time, I repurchased a mascara. A long journey ladies. I was steadily working my way through many incarnations of high end and drug store brands, until I tried this about a year ago. Now I have been going steady with the Clump Crusher. This baby lengthens, volumizes and defines each lash with no clumps! It does what it says! The flexible brush works fine on my lashes, I find it separates them coats them just fine but I like a natural look. If you want took like you are wearing falsies this isn't going to do that.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by oliviamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eh, ok. I am a huge fan of Cover Girl mascaras and this one just didn't do it for me. First off I don't like a curved wand. Second, my lashes stayed wet longer and I curl mine after I apply mascara and it left a weird product-clump kink that's never happened before. My eyes seemed more irritated than usual, and I like more lash drama. I miss Cover Girls discontinued mascaras Fantastic lash- that one was the best!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would have to 100% agree with the most recent review on this mascara just below mine. I wasn't super thrilled with this mascara either when I first got it. Then I realized its true purpose. It's an everyday, normal eyelash, pretty mascara. It doesn't give me massive volume or length. But I can wiggle it into my lashline very well and it darkens the line. It's also great for lower lashes. No matter how many coats I apply -- no clumping. I like to use this as a base mascara for others that provide more volume or length. But I tend to grab this when I'm in a hurry or just want a minimal look. When I go to the gym, I don't want it to look like I've put makeup on -- but I MUST put mascara on -- and this is the one for that job. It's a pretty nice mascara and I will continue to purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

When I first began using this, I wasn't thrilled with it. I thought it was average, even below average at times. But as time went on it really started to grow on me. I prefer more of a full lashes kind of look. This provides more of an everyday look. In order to achieve more coverage you need to apply several (3/4) coats of this. I will say it doesn't clump even with the amount of coats I apply, which is the main selling point here. I should have realized this is because the formula isn't super thick. The packaging is a bit bulky and obnoxious (lime green) but that's not a deal-breaker for me if the product performs well. I began alternating this with Tarte's Amazonian Clay Mascara and ended up throwing that one out after a short period of time and favoring this one! Sometimes classic/drugstore is the way to go! Would definitely repurchase for daytime/work days!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ATay7

I don't like using this on my top lashes, but the shape of the brush and the dry non-clumping formula allows it to be a great inexpensive bottom lash mascara! I definitely will purchase again because I can't stand all my other mascaras that work well on the top but smudge easily on the bottom

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Mikkimouse12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Average , good at first but eventually clumps like every other mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked the formula and the no clumps but the brush wasn't useful for me.. It hurt my eyes where my lashes meet my lid and because of that, I couldn't wait until I was finished with the tube so I could throw it out (I don't like wasting beauty products if I can help it). I also felt like my lashes weren't as fully coated compared to other mascaras.
If you don't think the type of brush will irritate you then by all means try this mascara out!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by buddhaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice mascara. That being said, it does have some downsides. It makes my lashes look amazing, full, and lengthy, but it smears all over my eyelids. This could be something I'm doing wrong, but no matter what technique I try I still notice a thin (but noticeable) line right above my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I've always been more of a Maybelline mascara person, but I'm always trying new mascaras. Two months ago, my local CVS was running a buy one get one 50% off so I picked up my usual Lash Blast Fusion, and then grabbed this one as well. I like the scooped brush which really helps grab all the lashes and coat them evenly. I have no preference really for plastic wands over bristle wands or vice versa. I like them both because I think they achieve a good look regardless. I like big lashes and I usually use on any given day about 2-3 different types/brands of mascara. I like this one because the little "bristles" grab each lash and coat them without clumping them all up. The formula is pretty good and not too wet, it seems to be the standard cover girl formula. I like the bright green packaging too, it helps me go for it every time I'm applying mascara because I'm instantly draw to bright, fun packaging!