October 23, 2014 | 932 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by compacj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to walmart and was looking for a drugstore lipstick then I saw it the shade was in 065 and it was a kind of a rusty dark tone of of pink.On my lips it had a very dry consintency as the lipstick sat on my lips it left cracked lines on my lips that looked awful.So then I decide to wipe it off and for minutes I stuggle to off after that I just got baby oil and it came off.my conclusion is $7.76 is to much for drugstore lipstick and thelipstick is super dry but I do like the shades

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by missjc75

Best lipstick I have ever tried for staying power and gives nice, pigmented colour. Defintely stays on during drinking but does wear off to an extent after eating, apart from round the outline of the mouth which can look a bit odd. When this happens, I remove the remainder with a wet wipe (it won't come off with a tissue - this product is VERY resistant) and apply again. Love that I don't have to constantly keep re-applying on a night out drinking though, so would definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by nguyenp

Terrible tacky feeling and it just cracked all over my lips! I have to make sure that my lips are really moisturise and then use this. I don't usually use drugstore products but I thought I'd try. I thought at a slightly higher price point (in australia at least) then it will be better. Couldn't be more wrong.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by meggychops

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never felt compelled to write a review for a product before, but I feel so annoyed today that I felt I really must vent. I am usually a big fan of Revlon products, especially their lip products but today I decided to try out their ultimate suede lipstick without consulting makeupalley first. Big mistake! What a horrible product! It goes on blaaah. Then it dries into a horrible tacky, sticky consistency and then after an hour it cracks into a million horrible pieces showing up every line on my lips! Without doubt the worst lip product I have ever bought, and at £8.99 (around about $17!) I am so disappointed. Sadly, as I live in the UK, I cannot return unwanted makeup items and so I am going to do something I would never usually dream of doing and I'm going to bin it! A waste of money and a real let-down from the usually good quality Revlon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't find this drying and I love the colour (010) but it wears off really unevenly leaving product on the outside edges only which looks really nasty. I would like it better if it wore off evenly. The top always comes off which is really annoying. Would not buy again, in fact, I'm throwing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by KaylynElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently just got the one in the color "Finale". It's a beautiful classic red. Not too overbearing or harsh. I love how it goes on smoothly and has a nice creamy texture. The only sort of "downside" would be is when it dries. It's a bit sticky but not horribly unbearable. You will only notice it if you rub/press your lips together a lot. It has a lovely matte finish (which I actually prefer) if you like more of a glossy kind of lipstick I wouldn't recomend you buy this. All in all I find this to be a great lipstick. (:

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by jeane519

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Supermodel color 045. This has the weirdest feel on your lips when it sets. Not drying per say, but like a plastic coating. Love the color, would only wear this if it were the last tube of lipstick in the world. I was very surprised, Revlon usually has fantastic lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by gypsyqueen1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Revlon Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Womenswear from Walmart a couple of days ago and I really like it! It stays on at work for the entire day even after eating and drinking. Doesn't smudge at all. The only problem I have is it does dry out my lips a little bit but I'm willing to deal with that since the color stays for so long & it the more you put on the more vibrant the color is. Its basically like buying several different shades of lipstick in one tube. I'm not a fan of the packaging and how it snaps shut but it seems like a pretty sturdy container. Since you have to use so little each day I figure this one lipstick should last me quite a long time. Will definitely buy again. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by SeedyBiotch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried two different colors of this lipstick last week (I don't remember the names, I returned them). I them up for about $5.50 each, which is a great deal for lipstick. I loved both the colors I picked, one was a bright fushia-pink, and one was a pale salmon-pink. The colors applied nicely and were very flattering, so at first I was really excited and please with my purchase. The only thing I wasn't sure of off the bat was the packaging, very hard plastic (the kind that seemed like it would break/crack easily) and when you turn up the lipstick it snaps into place which I found odd. Anyways those things could be overlooked, but what really made me decide to return them was the fact that they dried up on my lips, which if I didn't catch and apply gloss or balm on top off, would make my lips look super cracked and fugly. I ended up buying two similar colors in the lip butters, and those do more of what I'm looking for.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

FYI the shade I bought was '05 Finale'.

I have to say that for how great these sounded on paper, and looked in the tube, I was shockingly disappointed. I was in the drug store when I spotted these and I immediately lusted over them - the word 'suede' sounded so appealing for a lipstick, and I imagined it to be like a matte formula but a bit more moisturizing. I hadn't purchased a drugstore lipstick in quite some time as I now buy my makeup from Sephora, so initially I passed it up in the store and mulled it over for a few days.

Once I settled on this gorgeous red shade (Finale), I took it home and tried it on. The packaging is amazing, BTW, which I why I even gave it 2 stars. The tube is plastic but incredibly sturdy - I'm sure we've all had that lipstick where the lid never really 'clicked' into place very well, and often came off in your makeup bag (ugh). I have some higher end brands that have worse cases than this one. But that's where the good ends, and after that, it just was...meh. The colour payoff isn't very good, and it didn't sit well on my lips. Overall it was just lacklustre for what it was built up to be. It was just disappointing to be honest, and it turned out to be nothing that I expected it to be.

I'm sure we've all had that product that we were SO excited to try, only to have it be a bit of a fail - this was 'that' product for me.