April 18, 2014 | 902 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by gypsyqueen1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Revlon Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Womenswear from Walmart a couple of days ago and I really like it! It stays on at work for the entire day even after eating and drinking. Doesn't smudge at all. The only problem I have is it does dry out my lips a little bit but I'm willing to deal with that since the color stays for so long & it the more you put on the more vibrant the color is. Its basically like buying several different shades of lipstick in one tube. I'm not a fan of the packaging and how it snaps shut but it seems like a pretty sturdy container. Since you have to use so little each day I figure this one lipstick should last me quite a long time. Will definitely buy again. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by SeedyBiotch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried two different colors of this lipstick last week (I don't remember the names, I returned them). I them up for about $5.50 each, which is a great deal for lipstick. I loved both the colors I picked, one was a bright fushia-pink, and one was a pale salmon-pink. The colors applied nicely and were very flattering, so at first I was really excited and please with my purchase. The only thing I wasn't sure of off the bat was the packaging, very hard plastic (the kind that seemed like it would break/crack easily) and when you turn up the lipstick it snaps into place which I found odd. Anyways those things could be overlooked, but what really made me decide to return them was the fact that they dried up on my lips, which if I didn't catch and apply gloss or balm on top off, would make my lips look super cracked and fugly. I ended up buying two similar colors in the lip butters, and those do more of what I'm looking for.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

FYI the shade I bought was '05 Finale'.

I have to say that for how great these sounded on paper, and looked in the tube, I was shockingly disappointed. I was in the drug store when I spotted these and I immediately lusted over them - the word 'suede' sounded so appealing for a lipstick, and I imagined it to be like a matte formula but a bit more moisturizing. I hadn't purchased a drugstore lipstick in quite some time as I now buy my makeup from Sephora, so initially I passed it up in the store and mulled it over for a few days.

Once I settled on this gorgeous red shade (Finale), I took it home and tried it on. The packaging is amazing, BTW, which I why I even gave it 2 stars. The tube is plastic but incredibly sturdy - I'm sure we've all had that lipstick where the lid never really 'clicked' into place very well, and often came off in your makeup bag (ugh). I have some higher end brands that have worse cases than this one. But that's where the good ends, and after that, it just was...meh. The colour payoff isn't very good, and it didn't sit well on my lips. Overall it was just lacklustre for what it was built up to be. It was just disappointing to be honest, and it turned out to be nothing that I expected it to be.

I'm sure we've all had that product that we were SO excited to try, only to have it be a bit of a fail - this was 'that' product for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Mayl1ng

I got this lipstick in the shade 'Front Row' and it's nothing amazing, but it's not bad either. Consistent with some of the other reviews, the product settles into my lip creases but is by no means drying, for me at least.
My main gripe with the product is that it's quite tacky in texture and I can feel my lips sticking together every time I move my lips.
The price is not high, but there are other drug store products that perform a lot better and cost less, which is a shame because the shade I got is very wearable as an every day lipstick.
I'll likely keep it in my purse if I forget to put lipstick on at home but won't be re-purchasing in other shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by sleann22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's splotchy, drying, seeps into the crevices of my lips making them look prematurely aged. It's awful. I really hope I can return this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I own this product in several shades, including Backstage, Couture and Muse, plus three more. It's safe to say I like them. I hate always having to reapply lipstick every twelve seconds.
It does remind me a bit of the old Colorstay lipsticks in the black tubes I used to wear in the 90s. Not as drying, not as matte. For me, this is a good thing.
I use them underneath a similar shade of Revlon Lip Butter sometimes. I have a thin upper lip I cannot stand, and I kind of use them as a lipliner sometimes to help make my lips look more full, then put the lip butter over. When the butter wears off I'm still left with color on my lips.
Are they drying? A bit. At the end of the day I have to put a balm on my lips but that's the extent of the drying for me. If you have problems with dry lips these may bug you a bit. They last a couple hours through eating and such (not like, oily sauces or anything of course) before they fade in the middle but if I don't eat a ton I have fallen asleep for the night with it on and wake up with a flush of color in the morning still. But unlike other stay on lipsticks they don't feel like paint (like the ones with the balm that goes over), don't feel sticky or heavy. When they come off they don't come off feeling like paint is being peeled off.
I don't know I like them a LOT better than the Maybelline stay on ones. Personally I like them, a lot. I loved the original Colorstay lipsticks, and these are a lot like them but better. I find the colors are versatile and flattering. I have about 6 of them so far and the only one I don't really like is 'Private Viewing' as the color looked a bit frosty on me. 'Couture' looked more blue-red in the store but when I put it on, it was a more orange-red. Otherwise, I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Georgia8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I looove this it lasts forever if i apply it in the morning it will last me throughout the day even if im eating. It goes on really smooth and gives a nice matte finish. The only con is the packaging which is really annoying to open and the last time i tried it took a big chunk off the side.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by petiterugger

I absolutely love this long lasting, beautiful lipstick. I own Backstage, which is a deep berry red. It looks gorgeous on my full lips against my ivory skin. It hasn't dried my lips out yet!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by raemcp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a dupe for Limecrime's 'Babette' and when I spotted this in the color 'Front Row' I thought I'd give it a try. The color was great, maybe not a great dupe for 'Babette' but I wasn't expecting to get it right on the first try. When I first applied the product (after exfoliating and moisturizing my lips) it went on nicely and looked fine, nothing spectacular. It set after a few minutes and it looked horrrrrible. I have full lips that dry out and peel easily. Any trace of dead skin on my lips was extremely noticeable, it accentuated any lines in my lips and it had this really tacky feel. The color turned patchy and as much as I tried to blend it out it just did not look good. I tried it again the other night over a layer of Revlon's lip butter and it looked better when it set but once again, nothing spectacular. I probably won't use this product much and will definitely not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lcarr7uk

I have the colour Preview and for my fair-medium skin tone it just warms my lip colour and defines my lips. Great colour for everyday. Great price for how long lasting it really is; i apply at 7:00 before i leave for work and after lunch, drinking and dinner im taking it off with makeup remover in the evening before a shower at around 18/19:00. I hope they bring a wider range of colours out as its quite a basic spectrum. My only con is when i twist it down the casing shaves some of the product off which can be messy but as ive realised it always does it, i apply less and put the excess on instead. a small fault so wont affect me buying another as i love it too much!