October 1, 2014 | 1915 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have incredibly dry skin and I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It provides medium coverage and looks like bare skin. It wears well on me throughout the day. The only issue is if I have some really dry patches, it can cling to them, but every foundation does that.

I read this described as a powder foundation for people whose skin is too dry to wear powder foundation and I truly have no idea what that's supposed to mean. This doesn't look like my skin is powdered. It looks like I'm not wearing anything at all. I've seen people apply it with a brush, but I get the best results with my fingers. It is very runny, but the little dropper makes for easy dispensing and keeping the product sanitary (unlike the L'Oreal Magic Nude foundation which is an ungodly mess to try and dispense).

I'm not crazy about the round bottle just because it doesn't play well with the rest of my makeup storage. But it is a heavy glass bottle and quite resilient.

The only problem for me is that I was color matched at a counter to a shade 5.0 and it's way too dark for me. I'm NW15ish and I will admit that I love this foundation enough to make it work. I'll either wear a scarf and long sleeves in the winter or I'll bronze my neck in the summer. I would love to try a lighter shade, but at this price point, I will finish this whole bottle before I do that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Silfor

It goes on smooth and gives a great natural look. I don't think it provides enough coverage however, I don't have particularly blemished skin, but I do get small red patches now and then, this foundation is only for people with already flawless skin. I changed to the luminous silk and found it a much better in regards to coverage however with a natural look still.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by oolala30

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this foundation to work for me but it didn't. What I like about this is that it was color matched perfectly for me. I used color #10 and it looked like my skin but better. I love the way that it applied because it felt like I was putting silk over my face. The finished product was really everything I wanted my foundation to look like. The problem? That look lasts for all of an hour. I have been using this foundation for 2 weeks and I'm done!! I cant take it any more. I would do my makeup in the morning before work and by the time I get to the office and settle in, its time to blot. I work 20 minutes away from my home!!!

When I tried this out at the store, the SA advised me to not use my Beauty Blender but instead, put some on my fingers and rub them together to warm the foundation a bit, and then apply with. I did as she instructed and I did get a beautiful finish but sadly that is all that I got. I used it with primer - I got oily; I used it without primer - I got oily; I used it with serum - I got oily; I used it without serum - I got oily; I used it on bare skin - I got oily; I used it with MAC blot powder - I got oily. It took me a while but I think I finally got the message.... this stuff will always make me oily no matter what I do to prevent that from happening!

I'm kind of sad that this does not work for me because as I've said a few times, I LOVE the way it looks, but I've learned my lesson. I AM GOING BACK TO ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR!!! ELDW never lets me down. I tried Armani because I wanted something a bit more luxurious than ELDW but at this point I'm ready to throw in the towel and say 'screw luxury!!' Besides, ELDW is fantastic. I will learn to be satisfied with just that. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right??

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It covers very well and feels like I am not wearing anything. I was so in love with this at first!

The only problem is it breaks me out so I had to discontinue!!!

If I wasn't prone to breakouts this would be my HG!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so silky and thin that at first I loved it a ton.

The staying power is god awful.

After about 4 hours it gets greasy and becomes itchy on my skin.

I don't see the point of keeping this in my regimen and definitely will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

The ingredients in this are nearly identical to L'oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder. Basically same product, same feel, same result and I own both and cannot tell the difference. Considering L'oreal owns Armani, no surprise there.

This has a very water-y, thin liquid feel that evens out skin and provides sheer to light coverage. If you have flawless but oily skin this may work for you. You need to be careful as you can't just put some out on the back of your hand, it will dribble and run down your hands. I just dab it into different sections of my face quickly and blend it out. It sets to a powdery finish. Not very much lasting power - the most I can go without it fading is about 3 hours. It seems to just vanish on my skin, in both the oily and dry areas.

Initially I liked how it looked but in natural light, it just appears kind of "dusty" or "chalky". I have combination skin and this seemed to accentuate my drier patches & make my skin feel drier in general. I don't really like the powdery finish because it's not the most natural appearing. Also it's very difficult to build up. It is buildable per se but not enough to cover much and because of the drying alcohol and chemical sunscreen it's too irritating around my eye area and stings on my cheeks a bit. Again if you have oilier skin that isn't sensitive this could be perfect for you.

I would not repurchase, because although Armani has some other great foundations, this one is just not in the same league for me. Also the identical L'oreal is way cheaper, but even that I probably won't repurchase. I think this can work for other skin types but for me it is a fail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has a unique texture and gives you medium to heavy coverage.

It blurs your imperfections and evens out skin tone with out looking like make up. I asked my friend what she thought of this foundation and it was his favorite since she cant see the make up and she hates foundation.

The product preforms well but I just feel whelmed about it on my skin. It did not rock my world, I might prefer a more dewy luminous finish then what this gives. For me its a little flat. I feel like I need to dress it up with extra contour and blush to make my skin look alive. I don't plan on returning it but I will not re purchase.

It is a good mixer and can go well with a moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by FIFI67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this foundation as I'm so over heavy looking bases and want my skin to look natural but polished. Armani Face Fabric has done a really good job and is my fave base so far, so I thought Maestro Fusion might be a step up again and even better than Face Fabric but alas ...no!
Maestro Fusion applys like a dry oil and spreads beautifully giving my skin a light veil of colour (4.5 for my fair skin). However it's completely unpredictable and some days looks great but on most days it's dull, flat and disappears to nothing after a few hours. It will accentuate any dry areas so beware. I've tried all combinations of primer/no primer, finger/brush application, waiting for moisturiser to sink in/not waiting and on the days where I'm happy with it, I've totally forgotton what method I applied grrrrr!
To sum it up....it COULD be great but for me it's too much hard work to get it right and when I pay THAT much for a base it should be perfect. I recommend anyone to test first as this will look amazing on some skintypes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

I hate this foundation. I don't know how this can cost as much as it does. one of the worst foundations I have tried.

First of all, its super liquid-y, so obviously coverage is minimal. but it also accentuated my pores alot. I don't have too big of pores, but it made my skin look rather old; and I'm only 22.
the finish was really weird too. it wasn't matte, dewy, illuminating, but rather powdery and ugly.
It also smelled like men's after shave fragrance;
I don't know. for the price, I expected something that goes on sheer, covers the basics, feels nice and light on the skin, and glowy. it also broke me out. great.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by TamaraD87

It is very light, provides minimal coverage, even if you try to build it, it doesn't make a difference.

It comes on looking very powdery, it can make the skin look really dry and dehydrated.

It is so expensive, I paid $98 in Australia, and it is not worth it. I think for that much $ you should get a miracle in a bottle. This is not a miracle in a bottle. I expected a lot more for the price.

When i bought it my skin wasn't that great, It was after a few too many nights out and my skin was looking a bit dehydrated, broken out, so I thought I will give it another chance once my skin improves, and it did, and when I tried it, it still didn't do much for me, just made my skin look dry, dehydrated and not glowing like i was expecting.

It is very thin and the application can be very messy. The man who sold it to me recommended application with fingertips as this foundation is very liquidy it sinks into the brush so you end up wasting alot of it.

This foundation is great if your skin has NO imperfections and no dryness. SO if you have perfect skin and just need a very light coverage it's great.