April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by chellybean19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this colour! The texture is great as well. I often mix this with MAC So chaud to create and orange-red. I love the finish as well. My go to red when I wear a red lip

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

MAC Red packs the creaminess you crave from Ruby Woo. It is pretty similar as a blue-toned red and does wonders for the teeth. The glossier finish allows it to be worn comfortably all day. I prefer MAC Red to Russian Red because it is a little cooler and I gravitate toward cool reds. That said, I prefer Ruby Woo to MAC Red despite its infamous dryness. MAC Red kind of slips around on my lips and I feel nervous wearing it without a liner. Ruby Woo is dry as sin but definitely stays put once on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by elka_knits

I am so bad at the 1-5 scale things.... Le sigh. Okay so I went to the MAC counter looking for a bright cherry red to please my husband. I tend to wear the plummy, blackened or burgundy reds and he wanted to see me in something bright. I tried all the heavy hitters: Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Viva Glam and they all pulled too burgundy or orange on me. The saleslady pulled this one out and voila! Perfection.

I have been wearing MAC since before it was available in the US so I consider their packaging and price to be standard hence the 3's there. The overall is a 5 because the color is so perfect. In my head Glam is the only MAC red that beat it and well Glam is no longer available {not Viva Glam just plain Glam from oh 15 yrs ago kay?}

Now to find a nail polish to matchy matchy ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I will start by saying that I am no MAC head. With that being said I think MAC provides one of the best quality and colors (lipstick wise) available in the US.

Mac Red is a head turner, I've never seen any red like it. I'm tan/dark right in the middle of those shades an I must say that it isn't subtle but at the same time not loud (for my skin). Although, if someone with a more fair, or olive skin tone were to wear this, I would still be turning my head.

I find this lipstick to have a very "classy" but social persona to it, and that's what I like about Mac Red.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Shin786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im so pleased my hunt for the perfect red pout is finally over thanks to this lippy! It's just so fab I look forward to wearing it. It gives a lovely stain when dabbed on giving your face an instant perk and can be blended with other colours to create either a fuchsia - Add a plummy colour or even an orange by adding a nude or coral! Or you can ramp up the voltage and add a couple of coats to give you the best red pout ever and be the envy of all your friends! It has great staying power and will not leak even without lipliner. Its s siren red that will look good on all skin tones!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by thor7262

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When my favorite red lipstick, Mary Kay Red Salsa was dc'd a few years ago and now it's going for crazy prices on e-bay (for old lipstick), I gave up and had to try a bunch before finally finding Mac Red. I love the color! It's a true blue vibrant red. It could last a little longer, but I think that's the trade off for a moisturizing lipstick versus a staining, drying formula. I use it whenever it feels like it's worn off during the day. It doesn't dry my lips out at all. I'll keep buying this because I know it's always fresh when I get it and the price isn't bad. Love this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful! I consider MAC Red to be the most perfect, classic red lipstick one can have in her collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Nurselaine03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am fond of red lipsticks and this is definitely my new favorite! I've just purchased it a few days ago and it is one of my first mac lippies (my first was girl about town which is excellent too) & I am inlove with it. I now call it my 'happy' lipstick coz whenever I feel unpretty or gloomy i just put it on and voila! I am turned into the prettiest, sexiest and most sophisticated lady in the world :p but kidding aside, this is a very pretty lipstick, very pigminted, only a little dab and it looks amazing or u could build up the color for a more dramatic look ;) I love the texture and for me I find it moisturising and I am glad with the fact that i can wear it without anything else on and still look fabulous :) the staying power is excellent too and it wears off quite nicely as it leaves a pretty natural looking reddish tint. Excellent value for money. Highly recommended! ^_^

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by rachaelvictorious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh M.A.C!

I love you I really do. You give me options with and without shimmer, your "Red" shade is my personal holy grail. You are somewhat reasonably priced, and your products are consistently pigmented enough for me to trust you on and off camera.

Here's the rub. You consistently break out my clients. Lipstick and liners are the worst. At first I thought it was me, not you. Had I somehow gotten sloppy with my hygiene? Not a chance. Old products? Nope.

My Ben Nye, Mehron, and Kryolan don't break clients out. MUFE doesn't break my clients out. Cinema Secrets has never so much as given me a single blackhead, no matter how many times I came home from the club and passed out in it.

WTF M.A.C.?!

I took you home! I let my parents meet you! I sometimes think you like my friends better than you like me. I thought we had a future together, M.A.C!

How could you betray me like this?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by new1013

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd been on the hunt for a while and tried all of the HG red's that people swear by, Russian Red, Ruby Woo, etc. Unfortunately, I found them too matte or too orangey, making me look like a clown. Finally, I decided to try MAC Viva Glam I. I liked it, but it still wasn't giving me that pop of bright red that I was craving. After viewing a blog post where the girl who was featured had just the color I was searching for, I decided to try MAC M.A.C. Red. It is fabulous! Definitely not for the faint of heart, but certainly makes a statement.