Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Beige

4.2

on 12/6/2012 2:58:00 PM

This is a gorgeous, neutral,and versatile cream shadow. I use this either as a all over lid base, stand alone eye lid colour, and/or highlighter for the inner corner or brow bone areas. This soft beige with a golden frost finish has excellent pigmentation, dries quickly, and stays all day without budging or creasing. (An FYI I always wear an eyelid primer underneath all my cream or powder shadows.) I've heard this is a dupe for MAC's Bare Study Paint Pot. I was curious and swatched them side by side as I have Bare Study. They are very similar, but Maybelline's isn't what I would call an exact dupe. MAC's feels creamier and has a smooth texture with a slight more pinky undertone. Where's Maybelline's has a more metallic finish and of course is significantly less expensive as I paid $8.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart. Both are beautiful and welcome addition to my makeup collection.

on 11/12/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After having been highly disappointed with the Tough As Taupe shade (which was completely my fault being that I don't really find the color flattering on myself) I went on a wild goose chase on the hunt for another. This limited edition color seemed to be the perfect slightly shimmery, pinky-nude, everyday base for my favorite shadows. Once again, I was let down. Although the color was stunning, the wear was not. I had read multitudes of reviews comparing them to MAC paint pots. People said they wore well and did not crease. Being that I have extremely oily lids and am not ready to dish out $20 or more for the Nars primer (which I've been lusting after) I decided to give it a shot. I had noticed some creasing with the taupe one I already owned, but felt optimistic anyway.
No matter how sheerly I apply it (or how heavily; I thought maybe it wasn't enough) I still have creases after just 2 hours! The only people I would recommend this to are those who, a) don't have an oil slick on their eyelids, b) don't have hooded lids, or c) generally don't have problems with creasing.
On the upside, this product did keep my eyeliner in place beautifully and acted as a gorgeous brow-bone highlight.
It's not a complete flop, but don't read into the "creaseless" claims, it does crease!

on 10/26/2012 11:35:00 PM

this color is a great base for the eyes,with a little shimmer it is a great color just to look wake up without having to much makeup on (5 minutes face). I prefer the texture of barely beige then the permanent line which are harder and stiffer. it goes smoothly and blend well (but you need to be fast!)

on 10/24/2012 9:27:00 PM

I searched stores and online, finally gave in and got it on ebay -gas isn't cheap! I love everything about it- color, texture wear, shimmer which is not too much ( I'm almost 57);would love to try other colors!

This product is incredible and in the month that Iíve owned it I have used it pretty well every day. This makes for the prefect base colour under your everyday eye makeup look but can also be worn alone with no shadow. This product has never creased or faded on me, even if I donít wear eye primer or eye shadow over top! Barely Beige is officially my favourite of the 6 Colour Tattoos that I own in my collection...too bad itís a limited edition product!

on 10/19/2012 9:12:00 PM

this is great for a base
the color for me personally was too light to be worn alone
it does intensify any colors put on top of it so thats why i give this 4 lippys
it does last all night! so thats a plus
but you must work with it quick because it does dry pretty fast
will not buy again since this pot will last me forever but its overall a good color to have in your collection

on 10/18/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Barely beige is a satin nude-peach eye shadow. It goes well on the application,it last verry long! It goes well with a little brush for the application and it blends well with the fingers! It goes well with any neutral eye shadows!

on 10/15/2012 5:46:00 PM

This is such an amazing base colour for your eyes!! Luckily I got this from a friend in the US because I haven't been able to get it in the UK... I just love it so much.. It really stays on for a long time.. I love the shimmer in it.. it comes out as more of an off white ivory shimmer.. I love it..

on 10/13/2012 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with all colors from Maybelline color Tattoos. highly pigmented. staying power is superb, ideal for base, multi tasking product . you can use this as base for eye shadows or you can use this even as an eyeliner. I am so loving these all. I have bought three and i am planning to buy more.Highly Recommended!!!!

on 10/13/2012 2:19:00 PM

Barely beige is my favorite color out of the Color Tattoo line. I wish Maybelline would have come out with more nude colors in their original line. With how popular this color is, it would be a good idea for them to make it permanent along with other nude shades.