Lady Gaga - Fame

3.2

LOVE this scent! As soon as I put it on my husband was going crazy! This scent is sexy, dark and perfect for a date night! This is the only website with a ton of negative reviews...everyone I know loves it! Actually, I am pretty shocked at all the negative reviews. I think people are WAY off in their description of the smell, but whatever. The less people that buy it the better for me since it is my new signature scent :)

on 12/29/2013 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was tempted by the after Christmas sales and this was one of them. This appears like Vanilla extract in the bottle and I was very curious, at first it seemed interesting as I tried to sniff the body lotion. I had to think about it because I instinctively felt I would be dissapointed and prefer to stick to what I know I like, (Madini, Pink Sugar etc.) The next day I happened to be in the same store again and this time someone else had opened up a bottle so I sprayed. Thank god I did because after a few minutes it dried down to a horrific and cheap chemical smell. I have experienced fragrance oils at 3 bucks an ounce that was better than this. This fragrance smells extremely cheap and obnoxious.

on 12/15/2013 11:51:00 PM

I agree with the rest of the negative reviews. This smelled cheap and gave me a headache.

on 12/14/2013 11:41:00 PM

The only reason I bought this was because I am a HUGE Lady Gaga fan. However, I am disappointed. Here's why:

CONS:
*Generic, fruity, sweet-smelling scent. I have smelled perfumes at the Dollar Store which had more character and charm than, 'Fame'

*Misleading. I don't know why, but the first 5+ times I smelled this in store, I sniffed a sexy amber scent. Then the perfume slowly wafted into a vanilla, jasmine prose. I bought this expecting for the same thing to happen but instead I am left with a fruity Febreeze smell.

*The golden, claw cap is hard to pop or twist off. I don't keep it on the bottle anymore.

PROS:
*I love the way the packaging looks. Very bad ass.

*The scent stays on my dry skin incredibly well. I sprayed this 12 hours ago, and as soon as I entered the kitchen this morning my roommate commented on my lovely scent. Huzzah!

*Even though I can't keep the golden claw cap screwed on the bottle, I just place the golden claw cap upside down on its flat surface. Then I place the bottle inside. It sounds confusing but it looks cool. I promise.

*I absolutely love that the liquid is black, yet applies clear.

*The scent, though generic, is still good enough to wear in public.

*My mother and grandmother have chronic asthma, yet this scent doesn't bother them!

SMELL:
The smell is vanilla, belladonna, jasmine, and something else that's like Febreeze. But in a good, "Wow. Grandma's house doesn't smell like old people today!" or as in a, "Wow. This is a nice bathroom," kinda way. Generic, clean, sweet.

IN CONCLUSION:
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. Why? Even though it's not what I expected to bring home, and even though I am not one for ultra girly scents, I do enjoy the belladonna and jasmine bottom notes. Not to mention the staying power is marvelous. I also adore the bad ass packaging.

on 11/20/2013 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got this cheap at Marshalls (maybe Ross)

An innocuous scent, a little sweet and floral.

I expected something more dramatic.

This is nothing special. There are plenty of other nice, simple, sweet fragrances to bother with this one, but it is ok to give as a gift or grab for yourself.

I don't think it has enough "personality" to be hated, but not loved, either.

It does NOT stain your skin or clothes.

From fragrantica:

"Fame is composed in an unusual way; the fragrance does not respect the pyramidal structure of the composition, but uses so-called "push-pull technology” by which the ingredients are mixed to highlight different aspects of each fragrant note at the same time, without any hierarchy.

The fragrance is built on three main accords: dark accord, sensual accord and light accord. The dark accord includes poisonous flower Belladonna and incense, which evolve into the sensual and opulent wave of honey drops, saffron and apricot. A floral veil of Sambac jasmine and tiger orchid embody light and beauty."

on 10/25/2013 1:31:00 AM

I have yet to purchase this perfume, but I CANNOT WAIT to do so! I tested this product at my local CVS, and I fell in love. I sprayed myself 3 times with this, and it's not overpowering or overly strong. It smells absolutely amazing, lasts a long time, too. I hate any perfume that smells like flowers.. I hate the scent of flowers. I also hate anything musty or woody smelling. This smells nothing like that. This is literally the first perfume I have enjoyed. I can't wait to get it, will wear this stuff daily!

on 10/5/2013 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got the chance to try this out at CVS and I'm glad I did. I expected something exotic from Lady Gaga but I see she has taken the safe route like many other celebrities. I agree with the previous reviews that say it smells like Haiwan Fruit Punch. It's nice, but I don't think I would reach for it that much if I added it to my collection. I will not purchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this perfume! Decent price. I would definitely repurchase.

on 9/24/2013 10:55:00 AM

This smelled nice until it was on me. I nearly scrubbed it off before dry-down but I made myself wait. Every waft I got smelled like bathroom air freshener. I guess it is the orchid note? Or maybe just how the perfume interacts on my skin. If I sniff directly at my wrist I still kind of like it, but even a few inches away and it's gross. I'm tired of smelling like a public restroom and I won't be buying it. :P

It's been about 3 hours and it's still going strong and resisting my efforts to get rid of it.

on 9/22/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Primero que todo su envoltorio atrapa, insinúa elegancia, lo cual a mi me atrajo enormemente, a mi gusto su aroma es dulce cosa que terminó de cautivarme, lo uso desde ya hace 6 meses, y este fue un de los primeros perfumes que empece a usar, no sé por que pero es un aroma el cual a mi parecer cae bien en los dias de invierno.
Este perfume realmente me encanto, cabe mencionar que el diseño de la botella le gustó hasta a mi abuela :D
I love it. Lo volveria a comprar a ojos cerrados <3