December 18, 2014 | 1244 users online

Fragrances - Lady Gaga - Fame

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mumakesmehot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only reason I bought this was because I am a HUGE Lady Gaga fan. However, I am disappointed. Here's why:

CONS:
*Generic, fruity, sweet-smelling scent. I have smelled perfumes at the Dollar Store which had more character and charm than, 'Fame'

*Misleading. I don't know why, but the first 5+ times I smelled this in store, I sniffed a sexy amber scent. Then the perfume slowly wafted into a vanilla, jasmine prose. I bought this expecting for the same thing to happen but instead I am left with a fruity Febreeze smell.

*The golden, claw cap is hard to pop or twist off. I don't keep it on the bottle anymore.

PROS:
*I love the way the packaging looks. Very bad ass.

*The scent stays on my dry skin incredibly well. I sprayed this 12 hours ago, and as soon as I entered the kitchen this morning my roommate commented on my lovely scent. Huzzah!

*Even though I can't keep the golden claw cap screwed on the bottle, I just place the golden claw cap upside down on its flat surface. Then I place the bottle inside. It sounds confusing but it looks cool. I promise.

*I absolutely love that the liquid is black, yet applies clear.

*The scent, though generic, is still good enough to wear in public.

*My mother and grandmother have chronic asthma, yet this scent doesn't bother them!

SMELL:
The smell is vanilla, belladonna, jasmine, and something else that's like Febreeze. But in a good, "Wow. Grandma's house doesn't smell like old people today!" or as in a, "Wow. This is a nice bathroom," kinda way. Generic, clean, sweet.

IN CONCLUSION:
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. Why? Even though it's not what I expected to bring home, and even though I am not one for ultra girly scents, I do enjoy the belladonna and jasmine bottom notes. Not to mention the staying power is marvelous. I also adore the bad ass packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this cheap at Marshalls (maybe Ross)

An innocuous scent, a little sweet and floral.

I expected something more dramatic.

This is nothing special. There are plenty of other nice, simple, sweet fragrances to bother with this one, but it is ok to give as a gift or grab for yourself.

I don't think it has enough "personality" to be hated, but not loved, either.

It does NOT stain your skin or clothes.

From fragrantica:

"Fame is composed in an unusual way; the fragrance does not respect the pyramidal structure of the composition, but uses so-called "push-pull technology” by which the ingredients are mixed to highlight different aspects of each fragrant note at the same time, without any hierarchy.

The fragrance is built on three main accords: dark accord, sensual accord and light accord. The dark accord includes poisonous flower Belladonna and incense, which evolve into the sensual and opulent wave of honey drops, saffron and apricot. A floral veil of Sambac jasmine and tiger orchid embody light and beauty."

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

I have yet to purchase this perfume, but I CANNOT WAIT to do so! I tested this product at my local CVS, and I fell in love. I sprayed myself 3 times with this, and it's not overpowering or overly strong. It smells absolutely amazing, lasts a long time, too. I hate any perfume that smells like flowers.. I hate the scent of flowers. I also hate anything musty or woody smelling. This smells nothing like that. This is literally the first perfume I have enjoyed. I can't wait to get it, will wear this stuff daily!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the chance to try this out at CVS and I'm glad I did. I expected something exotic from Lady Gaga but I see she has taken the safe route like many other celebrities. I agree with the previous reviews that say it smells like Haiwan Fruit Punch. It's nice, but I don't think I would reach for it that much if I added it to my collection. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by staceymercer17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume! Decent price. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Lystessa

This smelled nice until it was on me. I nearly scrubbed it off before dry-down but I made myself wait. Every waft I got smelled like bathroom air freshener. I guess it is the orchid note? Or maybe just how the perfume interacts on my skin. If I sniff directly at my wrist I still kind of like it, but even a few inches away and it's gross. I'm tired of smelling like a public restroom and I won't be buying it. :P

It's been about 3 hours and it's still going strong and resisting my efforts to get rid of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by nenagatoloco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Primero que todo su envoltorio atrapa, insinúa elegancia, lo cual a mi me atrajo enormemente, a mi gusto su aroma es dulce cosa que terminó de cautivarme, lo uso desde ya hace 6 meses, y este fue un de los primeros perfumes que empece a usar, no sé por que pero es un aroma el cual a mi parecer cae bien en los dias de invierno.
Este perfume realmente me encanto, cabe mencionar que el diseño de la botella le gustó hasta a mi abuela :D
I love it. Lo volveria a comprar a ojos cerrados <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by racheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I dont know why this is rated so low. I love it & I get compliments on it all the time. at first it kinda smells like grapes but then that fades & i don't know how to describe it after that but it's very nice. it lasts a while too, & its perfect for day or night. I can safely say I will be using the whole bottle , & I bought a 3oz.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lindalindyhop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up at Sephora the other day, really wasn't expecting much from a celebrity brand but the smell was really really incredible. I love this. It's really a versatile scent that can bring you from day to night and it's a sexy scent that's still a little sweet! So gaga.

The packaging is so gorgeous as well. Love this.

It's a little pricey but that is to be expected.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Fragrantica describes this as: Belladonna and incense, honey drops, saffron, apricot, Sambac jasmine and tiger orchid (not affiliated)

Hmm on first spritz I smell honey and apricot, possibly a little incense but it's mostly sweet and fruity on me...it dries down to a musky fruity fragrance on me, I really get no jasmine or orchid at all. And that is completely fine, as I truly love how this fragrance smells.

At first I was afraid to even TRY it in the store...the bottle looks like an alien laid an egg, and knowing Lady Gaga it could smell like just about anything--ass, death, you name it. But I gave it a spritz in Rite Aid of all places and COULD NOT stop sniffing my wrist. I went back 3 days in a row and tested it out before I decided to buy (and with my Rewards discount, got a small bottle for $15)

Sillage is moderate and longevity is really amazing, like 9 hours. I am eager to see what other fragrances she comes out with. I'm normally leery of celeb frags, but this is one I adore. I would DEFINITELY repurchase.