April 19, 2014 | 1885 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - La Vie Est Belle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I totally do not get all the negative reviews. This does smell sweet but in an "adult" kind of way. It also smells expensive and slightly floral so it's definitely not all gourmand. It's strong at first spray, and you only need a little, but after 5 minutes it dies down a good bit and stays with you for a long time throughout its different and wonderful phases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I am so in love with this right now! It smells incredible. I even spray it on before I go to bed so I can cuddle up and sniff it when I go to bed. It is incredibly long lasting and all I need is one spray on my wrists.
It is quite sweet, but I don't think it smells "young". It has a similar dry down to Flowerbomb but I love this so much more that I sold my Flowerbomb on ebay. Yep, it's that good.
Love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by underage

I like this perfume a lot but it is very SWEET. It smells almost like candy. My mom said I smelled like a lollipop. It's a nice scent but I prefer something a little less sweet and more musky.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Dcruz26

This perfume falls into the Flowerbomb...Jimmy Choo family. If you do not like those perfumes, this will not be the right fragrance for you. I love the bottle and think they did a great job with presentation. I love this perfume for the first few hours. After that, something about it does not sit well with me at all. Perfumes do not smell the same on everyone so I don't think the same will happen to everyone. It ends up smelling very baby powder like on me. I just don't know how to explain it...only that I just don't like it after a while. You will definitely get compliments and people will ask what you have on. I definitely recommend requesting a sample and trying it out before you commit to buying. I will definitely go through the bottle but would not repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Busra30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG LOVE! Everytime I spray it so many strangers ask me what I have on and some actually note it down!! (I also found out about this perfume when I smelt it on someone. This perfume turns into heaven on skin!)

I tested it, and It is the first and only perfume that stayed on my skin until the next day, so about 16 to 24 hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Birkina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having 30% off coupon on my hands I came to Shoppersdrugmart with a strong intention to buy this perfume. I am glad I took time for reading reviews on this board last night. I totally agree with the lady who wrote it smells like a candle. If you like vanilla smell this perfume is for you. Unfortunately, I didn't notice anything else except straight vanilla and it does smell like a candle.
Ended up buying Jadore as it always work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lancome La vie est belle is a very pretty, elegant smelling perfume for the younger set. I get the patchouli first, it's sweet and soft, not overpowering at all. It's a patchouli for beginners mixed with a candy-like flair. From beginning to end, La vie est belle is soft, never in your face, never too sweet. The pralines lay low and everything is mixed together so well that it almost becomes difficult to discern any notes or evoke any particular images. This is more of an elegant perfume to me, one to wear to dinner, to the theatre, but certainly not out shopping, camping, hanging out or to work. It seems more suited for genteel occasions, linen , silk and lighter fabrics. Not a heavyweight by any means, with the tonka beans exacerbating its vanilla presence, this Lancome addition is better suited for those who prefer quieter perfumes of patchouli leaves, a sweeter vanilla with a powdery overtone. It's not a heavyweight, not a ground-breaker, and not one to be noticed, either. It's similar to many on the market today rolling off the perfume presses. It's just another similar fragrance that others won't be able to put their finger on because it smells so familiar. The juice inside, being pink, probably appeals to a younger set, but don't let a color dissuade you from trying a perfume. Sits closer to the skin and lasts a number of hours. The bottle is pretty tho, very feminine to match the pink inside...pretty for a very quiet perfume if that's your preference.
Top Notes: Black Currant, Pear.
Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Orange Blossom.
Base Notes: Patchouli, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Praline.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by kukundrela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very very SEXY smel!I love it!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by SuburbanSue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is Angel, 20 years later. The fruit-patchouli accord that inspired a thousand imitators (earlier ones being Sonia Rykiel, Flowerbomb, Prada) has evolved into something smelling like a cross between Lanvin Rumeur and Coco Mademoiselle. It also, oddly enough, smells slightly like Narciso Rodriguez. Notice the trend? All new fragrance releases are starting to smell alike. La Vie Est Belle does not break any new ground, but if you're looking for a sweet, strong, rosy, yet youthful fragrance that has notes of fruit to make it more playful and patchouli to give it depth, you may want to give this a try.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Teochasse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am lucky enough to live on the US/Canadian border so I buy my perfumes at the Duty Free Shops on both sides of the border at truly amazing prices. For example I purchased today Forbidden Euphoria /3.4 ounces/ by Calvin Klein for the unbelievable price of $64.50 and Eternity Summer/3.4 ounces/ by Calvin Klein for $ 49.60.Thus being said ,I was really looking forward to try on LVEB, as I was obsessed with the bottle. This is like, the prettiest perfume bottle I have ever seen, so classy and elegant. However, when I sniffed the tester card ,it felt like I've got a punch in the face........ I must have made an instant grimace of repulsion. This fragrance is so sickly sweet, sugary and cloying......I could not sense patchouli notes, just loudly pronounced burned sugar with a flowery twist. Some people here compared it to Flower Bomb by Victor & Rolf, so I sniffed the Flower Bomb too. Ouch! Too heavy, overpowering and powdery flowery. I don't think both fragrances are similar , their only similarity is that they are both nauseatingly strong and intense scents, almost suffocating. So if you like to make a statement by smelling like a woman from a Turkish harem or a Burlesque dancer, these both perfumes are the way to go. But not for me. I love beautifully made,elegant, understated scents that are pleasure to wear both for me and the people around me. So, Thumbs Down for LVEB. Too bad, I really wanted to like it , the bottle is gorgeous.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No