Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.7

on 10/17/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMGosh…. NO!!! I liked the way it smelled in one of those magazine samples, so I bought myself a small bottle. Oy! Don't know how I could have taken this all wrong, but I know I won't trust magazine samples anymore! Ha, ha! This fragrance is very potent (did I stress, "VERY?"), and I would not recommend wearing this to the office- especially if you are in tight quarters. It stays put all day long, just as strong as the first moment you sprayed it. Normally, I would consider staying power like that a GREAT quality in a fragrance; but not when it is so strong, it brings on a sinus-induced headache. By the end of the day, I could not wait to wash it off of me. The next day, I could still smell it on my clothes (the jacket I had on), although it was not as horrible because it was more faint. I think La Vie Est Belle had the potential to be a pretty floral, but only if it wasn't so strong. Something in it caused my nostrils to sting and brought on a terrible headache by late afternoon. Unfortunately, this is going to be returned.

on 10/2/2014 7:05:00 PM

This perfume reminds me of that line in a Devil Wears Prada..
'Florals for spring? Groundbreaking'
Obviously this fragrance takes 'inspiration' from other popular fruit/choc/chouli scents like Angel, Flowerbomb, Candy, Coco M but I personally think it does it best.
Its everything I hoped Coco Mademoiselle should be even though I have purchased La Vie Est Belle many years after Coco Mad. The first spray of LVEB reminds me of Coco M the most then slowly fades into Flowerbomb, then Candy and Angel.

It doesnt last very long on the skin but you will get a waft of 'yumminess' that doesnt come from anywhere specific throughout the day. This is a great perfume to lightly spray on to your clothes.

Wear it and the compliments will pour in!

on 9/26/2014 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love this scent for fall and winter. It is sweet and warm and very feminine. It lasts beautifully and I get compliments on it all the time. I don't feel there is anything old lady about it at all, but rather new and sophisticated. Surprised at the negatives on here. I'll be wearing this one for a long time!

on 9/17/2014 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Well, I am on my fourth bottle. I bought this perfume when it first came out and I'm still buying it, even though I've tried many others in between. This is a quality fragrance that lasts forever on my skin. I also like that I don't have to search the world over in order to find it. This juice is everywhere and that's okay. When I open the walk-in closet I share with my husband, I laugh because La Vie Est Belle greets our faces with the sweet, creamy, musky deliciousness still on my clothes. My guy never complains. One day, I found him smelling my pillow and knew this fragrance is "the one." I still wear a drop of Idylle or a dab of Shalimar Parfum Initial on occasion, but when those who know me best catch a whiff of La Vie Est Belle, they wonder if I'm near. I'd say that's a signature all right. Yes, life is good.

on 9/17/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Too strong and cloying. Sillage is high on this one. It's too bad that Lancome gave all the marketing dollars to this headache inducer and literally none to the new Tresor Lumineuse, which is so much more complex and beautiful than this one. I am a true blue Lancome Girl but this one just can't get my vote. This fragrance is like a 30 or 40 year old woman trying to dress like a teenager. I just don't get it. It's completely inappropriate.

on 8/20/2014 8:19:00 PM

Cute smell in a cute bottle for a small fortune. Worth the money though. I love sweet perfumes, and this one is sweet and girly. Had to have it the moment i sprayed it in the shop. taken aback that it has quite a few poor reviews as i got many compliments on it, friends even went nd purchased it after asking me what was that lovely perfume i was wearing! i generally don't really wear perfume unless i find one i really like and there are very few of those, but this one is really nice. love.

on 8/7/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too strong and mature. The body lotion is better. But this one is not wearable tome. It is moderately expensive but the bottle is a masterpiece. I think the only way to describe this perfume is NOT LIGHT. It is pretty but it needs to be diluted down. It is nothing special. I find it rather generic. Having said that I would not turn down a free bottle and I have turned down many free bottles.

on 7/1/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm torn... On the one side I do like this scent a lot. It's sweet, very feminine and a bit on the heavy side (which is a good thing in my book), but still very wearable for both day and night. On the other side it smells a little too much like other perfumes I've had, it has some Angel in it, and some others of which I cannot remember the name right now (sorry, I'm getting on a bit ;) ). Also it doesn't seem to last..? Well at least not on me :(...

on 6/4/2014 8:07:00 AM

I like this scent a lot because it is sweet without being cloying. Two spritzes is all I need to achieve a moderate effect. This scent is very feminine. It reminds me a little bit of Hanae Mori's perfume (but is about half the price). It is sweet and powdery. I like this for daytime or evening wear. It transitions well from daytime use to nighttime use.

on 6/2/2014 12:29:00 PM

My mother wears this everyday. She always smells so fresh but not overwhelming. I spray a little on when I go there and it lasts all day. Just lovely!

Popular Fragrances