Chanel Coco Noir

3.6

on 3/27/2013 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Editing this review to add that this has become my signature, along with Chanel No. 5 (I can't pick just one, both fit into the different facets of my personality).

This is just amazing! It has all my favorite notes... patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla, rose, tonka bean, and bergamot. It's incredibly well-blended. My husband loves this and he says it smells like lavender. I fell head over heels in love with this fragrance as soon as it hit my wrists.

Everyone who knows me, knows that Coco Noir is my scent. It's sophisticated, elegant, modern, and incredibly alluring. Men love this perfume and I am constantly asked what I'm wearing by men when I have this on. It's sexy without being in your face and overpowering. It can work during the day because it is soft, but it would be the perfect date night or romantic evening perfume as well. There just isn't anything wrong with this perfume, it is incredibly versatile and works for almost any occasion. I would bathe in this if I could!

Coco Noir is my outward personality, it is what I convey to everyone I know: confident, sophisticated, and glamorous. Chanel No. 5 (my other signature), is my private personality, where I feel a bit more vulnerable, romantic, womanly, and whimsical.

For modern sensuality and elegance, I would wear Coco Noir.
For timeless romance and the ultimate femininity, I would chose Chanel No. 5.

on 3/19/2013 6:26:00 AM

hell no!
Coco is probably turning in her coffin from embarrasement for this one..
this is totaly lame, boring,fruity-patchouly combo not unlike Chanel Allure Sensuelle, but Sensuelle has some kind of aristocratic feeling to it, it definitely has the Chanel DNK,whereas this piece of c..p has zilch character,zilch feeling and nothing oriental whatsoever..
fruity concoction wrapped up in a beautiful bottle, isn't nearly worth the hype...
this to me is like someone tried to analyze connection between a reputational name such as Chanel, beautiful bottle and awful liquid...so, if this is popular, people just don't know what a good perfume is..(sorry this is my opinion)
I'm as objective as I can be!

horrid experience...

and, yeah, it is simillar to Coco, as Lagerfeld is to Brad Pitt...

on 1/19/2013 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yuck! And by the way, SHAME on you Chanel!!! To sully the name of Coco with this grape pop treacle fest is comtemptible. Best watch your step and remember your customers expect better of the name Chanel. Awaiting Les Exclusifs 1932 release with great anticipation (don't disappoint me!) And thank you for Cuir de Russie in EdT and Extrait (an absolute bargain), I still love you!

on 1/12/2013 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Feels to me like they stopped working on it half way through and said "good enough, they'll buy it anyway". This could have been a beautiful perfume but its a sorry excuse for a chanel fragrance. Lasting power is non existant, dissapears have 10 minutes.

on 11/3/2012 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really anxious to try this fragrance, as I read it is inspired by the time that Chanel lady resided in Venice (by the way, I wonder why she's such a huge icon, despite that she's known to have been a pretty awful person). I am the hugest sucker for anything that's supposed to have anything to do with Venice, as it is by far my favorite place on earth and I just love everything about it, so I was more than ready to fall for this scent.
Like most people, unfortunately I am underwhelmed. Not that it's bad; it's actually pleasant to me. The thing is, the marketing leads you on to believe that this is a dark, sensual, heady evening scent. But in reality it's subtle, inoffensive and dignified, if that makes sense; I don't think anyone will hate it, but I don't think many will remember it either. It does give off an elegant vibe and it has its share of the soapy clean note most, if not all, Chanel scents seem to have. It dries down much better than it starts off: at the very beginning it smelled like a watered down version of another classic Chanel that I cannot put my finger on; as some previous reviews state, maybe Coco. I was not amused. But then it dried down to a warm, comforting, close to the skin scent that I really did enjoy a lot. But not for the outrageous price tag. This amount of money should go towards a strong, memorable, statement scent.
Bottom line: if I received this, say, as a gift, I would be excited and wear it gladly. However, would I shell out such a large chunk of money to make it mine? I'm afraid I wouldn't.

on 10/20/2012 10:51:00 PM

Didn't buy, just sampled. Didn't like the way it smelled on me, too powdery.

on 10/16/2012 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The advert says ‘Through black….light revealed’. Is this a pretentious way of saying ‘the bottle looks luxurious…but the fragrance is bargain basement!’?
I have never been able to wear Coco - beautiful as it is - because it feels a little serious to me. There are no worries about Coco Noir being being ‘serious’. It is cheap and cheerful all the way for the first hour and can only be described as the sort of generic fruity froth so popular at the moment. However, it does dry down to something with a good amount of apricot-ish lushness.
I am middle-aged and miss Deci Dela by Nina Ricci. Coco Noir eventually develops along similar lines and for this reason I may actually buy some!
UPDATE: I am warming to this and would go the three and a half lippies! What is off-putting about Coco Noir is the name (Noir) and the black bottle. It creates expectations of something darker than the original! On reflection I think that 'Coco Noir' is to 'Coco' what 'Tendre Poison' is to 'Poison' - lighter and a very long diversion from the original.

on 10/15/2012 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very surprisingly sexy but still on the border of lady like. Reminds me of Frederic Malle's Noir Espices but with a more delicate statement. This could be worn for day also.

on 10/15/2012 10:32:00 AM

When I was 24 I discovered Coco Mademoiselle and ever since I tried lots of other fragrances, most of them I didn't like at all, others I liked but I made sure I never ran out of my Coco Mademoiselle.
I also tried Coco once, I smelled it on a friend of mine and I liked it a lot, nothing like CM but it intrigued me in a way. But after using it a few times I gave the bottle to my mother, on whom Coco smells great, it just didn't suit my body chemistry I guess...
When Coco Noir came out here in Belgium in august I was curious what it would be like and went for a sniff. After having it on my wrist for a while it started to annoy me, so it turned out to be a no go. At least at that moment that was. Last week I decided to give it another try and sprayed it on my wrist for the second time. Boy was I surprised that this time I couldn't stop myself sniffing my wrist! I absolutely adored it!! I went back tot the store the next day and bought a bottle of Coco Noir and I don't regret it!
When I wear it I feel devine and realy feminine and chic, and that's how I want my perfume to make me feel!

on 10/2/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow, what a big suprise that people less liked this products! I already try this perfume, which i got this from Chanel counter in Sephora and i really fall in love with this products. I got a lots of compliments from my colleagues,friends and some random pass by persons. Haha.So, yesterday I purchased this perfumes at Sephora and yess I am continuing happy with this perfumes! Totally going to buy this products again.

Popular Fragrances