Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Active ingredient: Octinoxate 7 Inactive ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

So after I found that my go to foundation was being discontinued I was on the hunt for my holy grail foundation. I tested NARS, By Terry, Stila, Ellis Faas, Estée Lauder Double Wear, Mac & Maybelline. Finally after 4 months I have found it. Yes, you guessed it. The first time I applied YSL touché éclat, I was hooked. A gorgeous finish, dewy looking but covers all your imperfections. I'd say it's a medium coverage but buildable. I'm colour BD50 which matches my skin colour perfectly. I will not be using any other foundation from now on. This is my favourite by a long shot.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

There are many things I like about this foundation:
- Amazing fluid yet not thin texture
- Easily to blend
- Does not highlight dry patches
- When used on top of a very matte sunscreen (Vichy dry touch) it looks natural and radiant
- Found a perfect match
- Luxurious yet practical package

But ultimately it didn't work for me because:
- On top of normal skincare or sunscreen it looks too dewy- verging on oily. It then turns oily after a while. Such dewiness is not natural looking at all. It looks like I have a sheen on my face. It would probably work on top of a very matte primer, but I don't like to use primers.

I am glad I tried a sample before committing to the full size!

A note on the shades: normally my YSL shade would be BD30. However, because this foundation makes me look lighter (due to all the reflective particles) BD40 looks better on me. BD30 made me look paler than I am. Pale and shiny- not a good look :)

Overall I think this foundation is very good and the warm colours (BD) are very natural looking and flattering... It spreads well and the coverage is surprisingly good yet lightweight. However, it did not work for my normal skin because it made it too dewy/shiny.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

W-O-W! This foundaton is so amazing! i tried out many kinds\brands and this one is so special- glowy-dewy look , light to medium coverage , amazing last powert comparing to other dewy skin foundations.

This is a gem in a bottle. The pump is great. Your get just the right amount from the pump. I dab it over my face and then use a damp bb and the foundation is so perfect that it pretty much applies itself. Its weightless yet covers imperfections. It gives you even flawless skin. I'm a BD50 which is too light for summer but bd60 is just too dark. Also you do def get a glow going a couple of hours in on ny combo oily face but never oil slick looking. Just a hydrating glow. Its one of my favourite foundations ever

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

In this I am a BD60, which is a great colour for my very yellow toned skin, however it oxidises a little dark, which looks nice with a suntan however I would consider the BD50 for winter. I have so far bought two bottles of this, and although currently on the search for something similar that offers better coverage, I will absolutely repurchase again.

I really love the glow that this foundation gives, and the lightweight feel on my skin, it photographs nicely and doesn't take much to cover small marks. I have used this throughout the summer so I am not sure how it handles my eczema prone skin in the winter, but I'm assuming it would be great as it doesn't accentuate dry patches. When I've applied this I tend to wait a few minutes for it to set, as it goes a little tacky at first, I find this goes after a few minutes.

This is currently my "go to" foundation for work etc, it is like a second skin and people are always telling me my skin looks radiant, however I work in quite a hot environment and it does need a few touch ups throughout the day/night - I don't expect this to last a full 12 hours.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My skin but better foundation! I've been using this for a couple of weeks and here are my thoughts:

Sheer coverage. Don't try to apply many layers hoping it will build up to full coverage. Although even if you tried, id doubt it would look cakey. It's sheer, so smooth and glides over the skin. I don't have problematic skin, it's normal that gets a bit oilier in summer and drier in winter. I have some dark spots, acne scars, unevenness and this foundation covered it all. I absolutely do not believe it will do the job with acne prone skin or if you really want coverage. Then you must at least use a concealer. The finish is dewy and natural. My face glows, it looks healthy, flawless.....It looks like I'm not wearing makeup. For a moment it's pure happiness in a bottle. But walk out the door without setting it? The happiness vanishes before my eyes! As beautiful as this foundation is both in formula and design, it does not last long....at all. With a setting powder I get more time but don't expect it to last 12 hours, don't expect to put it on in the morning, go to work and look fabulous in the end. You will need to touch up here and there. Another thing I don't like is that it feels tacky to the touch like it never dries. But you shouldn't be touching your face too much anyways and I just avoid that. If you have normal to dry skin you will fall in love with this. If you have oily skin, I think it will be a bit redundant using this and won't help. It photographs nicely, and overall taking photos or not, it's truly a beautiful sheer foundation. expensive, but worth it.

B10 is darker than BD10, I use this as a concealer as it is silky and blends easily but doesn't have enough lasting power as a foundation.

I'm a complete foundation junkie. I've tried them all..MAC, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Rimmel, Clinique, Bare Minerals, Giorgio Armani, Bourjois..the list goes on. YSL Touche Eclat foundation had been on my radar for a long time as I love dewy, glowy foundations and I have pale skin and the beauty world was aglow with raving reviews about this foundation catering to those wants.

I got samples of BR10 and BD10 which I was informed are the two lightest shades, as B10 is a more neutral shade and a bit more olive and therefore a bit darker. BR10 is the pinkest shade of foundation I have ever come across...it's very pink with slight red undertones which does nothing for my pale, yellow undertoned complexion. The strong oxidisation that came with it gave my skin a weird pink mask look which was very unflattering. What's more...I was completely underwhelmed by the 'glow' I was expecting to be blown away by. Therefore, I moved onto BD10 which was definitely a better match but oxidised to a horrible strong yellow colour which just made me look ill. B10 was far too dark and similarly, oxidised a crazy amount. I think it oxidises a lot due to the SPF in the foundation as the active ingredients in sunscreen can cause this...or perhaps there's just a lot of acid and PH unbalance on my skin which makes this happen. Either way I was really disappointed with this foundation and was glad I didn't purchase an entire bottle.

This foundation is absolutely beautiful! I went to the Sephora in the Florida Mall in Orlando and considered getting a sample, but I felt too embarrassed so I just decided to buy the whole product. (Please don't do this! Ask for samples!)

The lady assisting me was lovely and helped me with the process of matching my skin tone, which is a perfect match for beige 30 at NC25. I'm seriously lucky because it does not break out my sensitive skin or cause any irritation. The finish looks like my skin. It looks so natural and evens out my skin tone completely with only half a pump. The scent is pretty distinctive, and I find it really reminds me of the Chanel Vitalumiere (which broke me out horribly!) I don't know how I would describe it except that it smells like the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. Florally, perhaps?

I have oily skin and I've never had any issues with it moving, emphasizing fine lines and wrinkles, pores, or anything else. It does go shiny after wearing it for 6 hours on a normal day, give or take. The shine isn't OH GOD OIL SPILL, but it's something you would notice. It also feels like it never truly "sets" as it's slightly tacky whenever I touch it. It doesn't transfer unless you intentionally smear it, though. I do not recommend wearing this if you're going to lay on a white pillow.

However, I would also like to mention that this is not server-proofed. I absolutely cannot wear this to work. It will be gone. Whatever is left will be patchy and barely clinging on. It cannot survive a 9 hour work day going in and out of a really hot kitchen while sweating up a storm.

Since school is about to start and I'm free of being a waitress, it doesn't matter for me. It's gorgeous for everyday, trash for work. Keep that in mind.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the foundation i use regularly in day to day basis. I like that it is really lightweight and has sheer coverage so it is great if you are trying to achieve a natural look. It makes my skin look dewy, and even my skin is very oily, it doesn't make my face look greasy. It has nice, faint scent that is not irritating my skin. Definitely will repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation Review: Laura Mercier, Dior, YSL by Cathy Tra My Doan

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products