Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 2/12/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a stunning foundation. The texture is neither runny nor super thick, it is smooth, creamy, lasts all day on me, and is weightless. It is a buildable medium coverage and the finish is where it truly excels. It is the most skin-like face product that is not a tinted moisturizer that I have ever come across. It comes across hyper-radiant, luminous, dewy, and glowing. My skin type is extremely dry (dry patches and all), but virtually flawless, and I'm young so I logically know that pretty much any foundation is going to look great on me and perform well, but this just is exceptional. It doesn't cling to any dry patches (which is a huge problem for me), feels comfortable and almost hydrating on the skin, and makes my skin look so healthy. Even the packaging is amazing. The pump dispenses the right amount of product and the bottle feels expensive and luxurious. The only con is the insane price tag, but even then I would keep repurchasing. YSL seriously does the foundation thing so well. They make my top two foundations (this and youth liberator). But I would recommend this to everyone except those with especially oily skin (you'd have to blot every hour). It's amazing and so beautiful.

I originally hated this foundation but now it is a staple-the key is to apply it correctly! The best way for me is to use my fingers to blend in the jelly like texture of this foundation. It gives a flawless glowy finish and I got so many compliments on my skin. Using a brush gave me a too heavy look that I hated in the beginning. I have combination skin and this is my favourite autumn/winter everyday foundation. Compared to my another favourite Chanel vitalumiere aqua this gives a heavier coverage. I nearly finish my first bottle and would repurchase! PS it is important to have no dry patches when you use this foundation.

on 2/6/2015 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The colour, finish, I love it. But I think this is breaking me out. I'm going to be so sad if it is, because I just used it like 3 times. Also I have pale skin and the colour B10 was just 'perfect'! Has this ever happened to anyone?

on 1/22/2015 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this foundation, it makes my face look fresh, it is sheer to medium coverage, it isn't dewy per se but it leaves the skin looking healthy, and natural looking too..the colors are good, it lasts quite a while, and it improves the look of my skin, which is the goal of any foubdation...it has that tiny herbal smell too, which I like..
Very nice foundation , looks real good...my skin is normal to dry, this is perfect all year round..winter, summer...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's almost unbelievable how many foundations I own. This is one I repurchase every time I hit the bottom of the bottle. My skin simply glows when I apply this with my beauty blender sponge with a mist of makeup setting spray. It's sheer to medium coverage is perfect for a natural finish that doesn't melt off my face by the end of the day if I use a good setting powder (I prefer MAC mineralize). My skin is definitely clear and normal, not too oily, but many foundations make me shiny after a few hours. Not this YSL gem! It's a splurge item for sure, but fully worth the price for the quality and performance.

on 1/17/2015 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

OMG. In my life I've used so many foundations. Probably somewhere around 50, just a guess. However, never used a foundation compared to this one.. It's amazing. Not comparable to any I've used before. My face looks 10 years younger! It's such a pretty soft finish. When I looked at my face in the mirror after first apication, I was shocked! In a good way. No one will take this gem from me; no way! I can't speak for other peoe, but I'm in my early forties, skin's good but slightly dry and I've got quite a few freckles. Coverage is good, blends wonderfully, BD40 is a perfect match for my NC25 skin tone. Most recent purchases were Bourjois Serum foundation, Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet and Diorskin Star. If I had to choose, I'd throw them all away to keep just this one.. I think I've said all I had to say, except for: TRY IT!! You won't regret it, specially when you've got slightly dry skin.

on 1/14/2015 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation, and I would repurchase again if there was a perfect color match for me, but BD10 is as close as I can get. I'm very fair but with strong yellow undertones. BD10 is a bit too dark for me, but I make it with because I love the finish of it so much. I'll finish the bottle I have, but sadly won't bring myself to repurchase.

It's medium coverage and has a satin finish that truly mimics skin. I find it hydrating feeling, yet it lasts all day on me. It glides right over my dry patches, and just looks great no matter how I apt it, fingers, sponge, or brush.

on 1/12/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Reference: MAC NC45/NC50
Product Shade: B70

Another product I received from a discount sale, I had heard good things about this foundation so I decided to give it a try.

The product had a radiant/dewy finish, which cuts into how long wear it is. I found myself getting shiny in my T-zone after a few hours. However, the finish is quite lovely.

There is a scent to this foundation - it isn't over bearing but it is still there. Doesn't really bother me and dissapates after a while but if you are sensitive to scents, you may want to get a sample before you splurge on the bottle.

Would I re-purchase? No, not due to any fault of the foundation but I find I can get the same finish in a cheaper foundation. Nothing really outstanding and it is not my HG.

on 1/10/2015 7:44:00 AM

If you have normal or dry skin, this is an awesome foundation. Pros: - Gives the most dewy, glowy finish to the skin. - Very natural looking. - Does not stick to dry patches (rather, it glides over them). - Wonderful texture - Gorgeous packaging with a good punp Cons: - Not good for oily skin (try fusion ink instead). - Staying power could be better, and this foundation tends to transfer if you touch your face. I will continue to repurchase this foundation because it makes my skin look healthy and radiant. But for days when my skin is oilier, I prefer the ysl fusion ink.

on 1/3/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Although I am not sure it is deserving of the same cult status of its highlighter equivalent, this performs quite well. I personally don't see that it is 'that' good, but surprisingly, it is when I have this foundation on that I get the most compliments. I often go for matte-finish makeup for my oily skin, but I took a chance with this foundation anyway.
Likes:
- very natural finish
- dewy, but not overly luminous or shiny
- pump applicator
- photographs okay
Dislikes:
- you would need to put on a concealer to mask any redness or blemishes, as this offers light coverage
- you will need to blot with a blotting sheet or powder every few hours if you have oily skin (I am used to doing this, so for me this isn't too bad)
- long-lasting, but does not hold well on my t-zone
- no skin care benefits

In sum, it is not my HG makeup, but will consider buying another bottle if I happen to find it at a discounted price. It has its strengths, but there are simply many good foundations out there. I think this would work best for those with normal skin with no serious concerns with blemishes or redness.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation Review: Laura Mercier, Dior, YSL by Cathies Ensemble

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy