April 18, 2014 | 573 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by brazilrebecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am IN LOVE with this foundation...seriously IN LOVE! I mix it with a bit of argan oil to sheer it out a tiny bit because otherwise I feel that it's way to heavy for me but otherwise it's amazing!! Absolute perfect full coverage foundation, doesn't break me out (not many things do though), doesnt look cakey..unless you really cake it on. Love. Love. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lilaznkitty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. It gives a medium or near full coverage. I don't think its quite a complete full coverage foundation just because I have A LOT of redness, especially near my nose area. Although the foundation does a pretty darn well job of evening out my skin tone, I still have to use a concealer. For those who doesn't have redness like me, this can definitely be a full coverage foundation.

I have EXTREMELY oily skin and it's hard for me to find a foundation that doesn't break me out and keeps me from looking like a grease ball by the end of the day. With that being said, this foundation has amazing staying power. It lasts all day for me (7-8 hours) with a primer and powder and minor touch-ups.

I don't think this foundation will be good with those with dry skin because it tends settle into dry spots. The foundation itself is quite thick and I like to apply it with my fingers instead of a brush. Also, I've been using this for almost a year and no breakouts.

In conclusion, if you have VERY oily skin and need a heavier coverage foundation, I definitely reccommed this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by DiamondsAndWhiskey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is extremely cakey and whatever flaws you have on your face, I can promise you this will accentuate them. Not only does it make you look nasty it clogs your pores really bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love love love it's my holy grail !!!! I have been In Foundation hell and I just fell in love . I have hyper pigmation on my chin with some acne scaring and I do suffer from monthly breakouts . I have oil skin and have never found a foundation I don't need to reapply by afternoon . We'll this is amazing . It is very thick so you only need a tiny bit and I have tried all methods to apply (beauty blender . Stipple . Flat top . Angle foundation ) my small stipple brush works best to biff this to. Nice finish :) I follow with powder . I can see my pore still through this but who cares when the rest looks this awesome . Iam 30 years old and work all day and bartend at a night club at night and this lasted . No touch ups!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by itskatiexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation didnt work for me at all, but a large part of the reason that this failed miserably for me was because my skin type is dry. This foundation looks and works best for people with oily skin. If you have dry skin and use this product, even with a good hydrating primer, it will completely dry out your skin and appear patchy, especially through the day. I tried to make this work for my dry skin by adding a really enriching BB cream with it,and even just a dime sized amount of moisturizer, but it still did the same thing to my skin. The coverage however is amazing, it really does cover all the redness my sensitive skin has, as well as the dark circles under my eyes and few acne scaring I have. I would never repurchase this, but would totally reccomend it for people with oily skin! The packaging is really appealing, you're drawn to it the second you look at it. There are also a lot of different shades so its more than likely you will be able to find your shade in Kat Von D's Lock-It tattoo foundation brand. I also found that the foundation has a really strong smell, almost similar to paint. Its also very thick, but if you use a small amont you will still get good coverage and not feel like it's cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by mermaidprincess1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So i bought this foundation at sephora in the mall a long with her mascara, and a few other goodies in the summer of 2013 just URGH!!! i tried so hard to like this foundation considering how much I paid for It. Let me start of by saying I love Kat Von D, and I was so stoked to buy this after watching countless reviews/demos on youtube. Full coverage foundation has always appealed to me, because who doesn't love flawless looking skin right? well I've had my foundation for almost a year and There's still about a little under a half left. The first month or two I really enjoyed this foundation. I thought it looked awesome on me, and It almost gave me a bit of a confidence boost when I looked in the mirror. I thought to myself " holy crap my skin looks porclein, and clear, I look like a god damn doll" I honestly I don't know what the hell happened. Maybe I wasn't in the right lightening to realize how awful it looked on me, or maybe over time the foundation just went to shit. either way I feel like i wasted almost 50 dollars on a foundation. I have tried so many makeup brushes (real techniques, and sonia kashuk) I've tried using my hands, I tried mixing the foundation with a bit of moisturizer considering how thick it is. but nothing has worked. It's almost painful to use the rest of what's left up. I will admit the coverage is amazing, but other then that the foundation was a huge fail. It just Goes to show it really doesn't matter how many good reviews a product gets, it can still end up being a dissappointment for someone else. I have senstive skin, sometimes my skin can get a little dry but for the most point it's fairly soft, and moisturized. This foundation just settled in to my fine lines, and made my skin look really dehydrated. It looked cakey, dry, and you could tell I was wearing makeup. i even tried layering it. maybe this would work out for someone who has oily skin. Like i said though it is really full coverage, and the packaging is really nice on the eyes. If i do buy anything from kat von d line at sephora again it will probably be her eyeshadow palettes because those are actually worth my money.

I have seriously been using my revlon foundation over this crap. I remember I was wearing it in the summer one day, and I had a long walk over to my friends place, and I stopped a public restroom to use the bathroom, and I looked in the mirror and my foundation looked horrible. I had to remove it with a wet cloth, rub it off, and apply conclear and powder. It looked so cakey and when I rubbed it off my skin looked really red, and the thing is I wasn't even applying a lot on to my face that day, and I know how to apply makeup properly I don't know. I don't want to discourage everyone from trying this out because everyone's skin is different. But at the same time after seeing so many people rave about this product, and ending up having a bad experince with this foundation...something needed to be said.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Pinupcortney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily Tzone and dry chin area, acne prone , combination , sensitive skin and I LOVE this foundation! I was in the search for a full coverage foundation that wouldn't break me out, and I swore by Revlon Colorstay for years but this past year my skin had just went to crap. I decided to give it a try and it is now my most favorite makeup! A little goes a long way, and some good blending with a beauty brush but worth it. Flawless coverage, no concealer needed , even on under eyes and acne scars. No break outs and even noticed better skin since I started using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to Sephora and told them that I needed a full coverage foundation for dry skin, and they recommended me with this. They matched me with the shade 49 and it was way too orange and dark on me (I have light skin tone with beige/yellow undertones).

I gave this foundation one lippie it's because it's too thick, it sticks on dry patches, it doesn't blend well, and it's very drying. It says full coverage but I guess the formula is so thick that it doesn't actually blends well and does't covers my blemishes. I just really don't like it. Just remember that I have normal to dry skin and this review might not be right for ladies with oily/ great skin.

There are much better foundations out there with this price. I ended up returning it and getting the Smashbox 15 hour foundation. I did a in-depth review on that, so if you normal to dry skin ladies are looking for a good foundation, head over there and read my review.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by rachael1230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super full coverage , hasn't broken me out, covers scars and used with a mattiffying primer you stay matte throughout the day. I like the color choice although in some light I do look a bit yellow. Other than that love it covers all my hyperpignentation. I use sephora brush #56 to apply and roll my beauty blender around the area between my eyebrows where it can look too fake. Otherswise def love this foundation. Price is decent, I pay a little more than this for my clarins skin illusion so this saves me about $5 in the end. Will update if anything changes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the shade Light 48 and it matches me perfectly. The names are misleading because I have light-medium hispanic skin so I'm nowhere near the darkest girl ever but I am certainly not pale. I took my Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup in the shade Nude 40 (my perfect match) into Sephora to make sure I got the right shade. I had been eyeing this "tattoo" foundation for so long and was so happy when I finally picked it up. Applied with my Ecotools BB Cream Brush (great for foundation) it does look cakey; with a cheap drugstore wedge sponge it looks natural while still providing such full coverage. I have a horrible dark spot on my jawline that is murder to cover up but this foundation met the task at hand with great confidence. It feels heavy when applied with the brush but with the sponge it only feels slightly sticky. I'm never picky when it comes to packaging but this one is so sleek and pretty. For $34 it is expensive but a little product goes a long way so it'll be long before I have to repurchase. This goes way beyond my Rimmel Liquid Mousse which is my drugstore HG; so HAPPY!