October 23, 2014 | 1062 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Star

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by xMadHatterx

Background on my lashes: I have short, thin and almost non existing eyelashes which is in need of volume, boost and thickening.

I saw this and in all honestly I bought it due to Lancome being an amazing brand that hasn't disappointed me yet and also the packaging was beautiful!

Pros:
1. Packaging.
2. Lots of product.
3. Black as night.

Cons:
1. Applicator takes out too much product on the brush.
2. Brush extremely poor design
3. EXTREMELY clumpy
4. Difficult to apply. I tried the "wiggle method", the "just apply it" method, and "apply from the tip" method. nothing seems to work!
5. Flakes

I thought that I had bought one that was a fluke, and also the sales rep who I talked with told me that she was wearing the product and it looked amazing on her, So I went and bought another one. Nope, same thing happened. So I don't know if she just has amazing make-up skills or used a different applicator, but this was way too expensive and failed too many times for me to count.

I would not repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Background info - My eyelashes are terrible, they're straight and thin and don't work with most mascaras.
Overall - This is my HG mascara!! :) I see a lot of reviews on here saying they hate this, but, wow, this is the first one I've ever tried that I honestly love.

PROS:
1. True black.

2. The tube is really really pretty with its silver glitter.

3. a. Holds curl extremely well
b. Can be built up with multiple coats
c. looks AMAZING!
with all those being said, this is my routine with this mascara: Curl lashes, then apply 1st coat. Let dry, then curl again. Apply 2nd coat, let dry, and curl for the final time. This is the ONLY mascara I've found that holds curl this well, and can be built up this well also, especially with my less-than-great lashes.

CONS:
1. Price - I usually pay $28 - $30 for one tube.

2. It can flake occasionally but usually I don't have a problem with that.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by colormepinkenblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

A little background info: Asian with average lashes, not puny but not "wow, I can fan you with my lashes" lashes, hooded lids, super oily skin on my entire face.

I got a sample of this from Sephora and it is one of my least favorite mascaras. It is down there with the original Great Lash. I set my mascara with ELF HD Powder so this mascara doesn't smudge on me. If I didn't, it will smudge on me about as much as any other mascara.

The wand is pretty cool, but the scraper (I'm assuming the sample tubes will have the same scraper as a regular size tube) doesn't scrape off enough product so I have to scrape off the excess mascara else I will have clumps.

Formula wise, it has a strong floral smell that I don't mind and I can get good length. Normally, length is enough to make me happy, but this formula flakes on me horribly. That great length I can get when I first apply, disappears as the day goes on because it flakes on me throughout the day. After 8 hours, it looks like I have nothing on my lashes and little black specks on my cheeks.

The sample tube went into the trash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I typically find drugstore mascaras superior over highend. Still to this day, I haven't found a HG highend mascara. But, like a true mascara junkie, I continue to search. I saw a presentation of this mascara on HSN and liked the results the models were getting. I ended up getting a mini tube at Nordstrom's for free during a GWP event. I was so excited to try this out! Sadly, this wasn't worth the obsession and lust I developed leading up to getting it. Now, it does have several pros and I'm not going to say this is a complete fail. However, the cons really bother me and I won't be purchasing a full size of this.
PROS:
1. Brush design. I love how the brush is made up of the traditional bristles. Also, I love how the brush is shaped like a Christmas tree. The brush makes it a breeze to get to those tiny lashes at the inner corners of the eye.
2. Results. My lashes are short, thin but very curly. I love how this mascara stretches out my curl to provide a lot of length. Also, I like how this mascara provides some volume, not much but enough to provide a "day" look.
3. Pigmentation. True deep dark black.
CONS:
1. Flakes! This is by far one of the worst flaking mascaras. Even when I'm applying the masacra, flakes fall down my cheeks. By the end of the day, most of the mascara flaked off.
2. Smudges. This mascara smudges very easily. Just sitting around and I don't have watery eyes, this will smudge all along my lower lash line.
3. Scent! Worst ever smell. I can't even handle this mascara on days I don't feel well. It is such a strong floral scent. I really hate it. I find all Lancome cosmetics to have this same nasty floral scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I only have a sample of this, and I totally like it. It gets a bit clumpy and does ok for length, and I typically prefer to layer it with another Lancome mascara I have, the definicils, which provides a lot of length. The smell is funky, which I find common to a lot of Lancome mascaras. Being a high-end product, I don't love it enough to repurchase it - a lot of maybelline volum express mascaras run close to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by LemonCitron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe this gets such poor reviews!! This is my HG mascara. I love the way it applies. The bristly side is used for length and then if you wanted more volume you can use the flat side over top. It doesn't clump. Best mascara in the world.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Non-waterproof mascaras always make me look like a raccoon after only a few hours so this one definitely gets a win for very minimal smudging after all day (12+ hours) wear and I appreciate not having to scrub my eyes out with makeup remover at the end of the day to get it off. I really like the tapered brush, which is perfect for getting into those lashes at the corners of the eyes. This gives great volume with no clumping. It does not hold a curl as well as waterproof, but much better than most other non-waterproof mascaras I've tried. It's also got a pretty strong scent as far as mascaras go--almost kinda floral-y--but I actually really enjoy the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Tara24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

it's just okay. Wouldn't buy again because there are others that are better. I threw this one in with my traveling makeup....makeup that I don't care if it gets lost while traveling.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Iez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Cons:
Clumpy,
tacky,
flaking,
smudging,
hard lashes.

Price

Pros:
This can be made to work using a separate clean mascara brush but who has time for that?

Lancome sucks in my experience, I was gifted this, would never buy their animal tested c**p. Gave it to a teenager who atm enjoys looking like a sampler of make-up-no-nos. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

I received a sample of this mascara and I must admit I dont like it.
-dries really fast once applied, if you try to put another coat, the first one starts to fall out!
-pretty clumpy and thick