September 21, 2014 | 1886 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Star

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I typically find drugstore mascaras superior over highend. Still to this day, I haven't found a HG highend mascara. But, like a true mascara junkie, I continue to search. I saw a presentation of this mascara on HSN and liked the results the models were getting. I ended up getting a mini tube at Nordstrom's for free during a GWP event. I was so excited to try this out! Sadly, this wasn't worth the obsession and lust I developed leading up to getting it. Now, it does have several pros and I'm not going to say this is a complete fail. However, the cons really bother me and I won't be purchasing a full size of this.
PROS:
1. Brush design. I love how the brush is made up of the traditional bristles. Also, I love how the brush is shaped like a Christmas tree. The brush makes it a breeze to get to those tiny lashes at the inner corners of the eye.
2. Results. My lashes are short, thin but very curly. I love how this mascara stretches out my curl to provide a lot of length. Also, I like how this mascara provides some volume, not much but enough to provide a "day" look.
3. Pigmentation. True deep dark black.
CONS:
1. Flakes! This is by far one of the worst flaking mascaras. Even when I'm applying the masacra, flakes fall down my cheeks. By the end of the day, most of the mascara flaked off.
2. Smudges. This mascara smudges very easily. Just sitting around and I don't have watery eyes, this will smudge all along my lower lash line.
3. Scent! Worst ever smell. I can't even handle this mascara on days I don't feel well. It is such a strong floral scent. I really hate it. I find all Lancome cosmetics to have this same nasty floral scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I only have a sample of this, and I totally like it. It gets a bit clumpy and does ok for length, and I typically prefer to layer it with another Lancome mascara I have, the definicils, which provides a lot of length. The smell is funky, which I find common to a lot of Lancome mascaras. Being a high-end product, I don't love it enough to repurchase it - a lot of maybelline volum express mascaras run close to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by LemonCitron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe this gets such poor reviews!! This is my HG mascara. I love the way it applies. The bristly side is used for length and then if you wanted more volume you can use the flat side over top. It doesn't clump. Best mascara in the world.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Non-waterproof mascaras always make me look like a raccoon after only a few hours so this one definitely gets a win for very minimal smudging after all day (12+ hours) wear and I appreciate not having to scrub my eyes out with makeup remover at the end of the day to get it off. I really like the tapered brush, which is perfect for getting into those lashes at the corners of the eyes. This gives great volume with no clumping. It does not hold a curl as well as waterproof, but much better than most other non-waterproof mascaras I've tried. It's also got a pretty strong scent as far as mascaras go--almost kinda floral-y--but I actually really enjoy the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Tara24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

it's just okay. Wouldn't buy again because there are others that are better. I threw this one in with my traveling makeup....makeup that I don't care if it gets lost while traveling.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Iez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Cons:
Clumpy,
tacky,
flaking,
smudging,
hard lashes.

Price

Pros:
This can be made to work using a separate clean mascara brush but who has time for that?

Lancome sucks in my experience, I was gifted this, would never buy their animal tested c**p. Gave it to a teenager who atm enjoys looking like a sampler of make-up-no-nos. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

I received a sample of this mascara and I must admit I dont like it.
-dries really fast once applied, if you try to put another coat, the first one starts to fall out!
-pretty clumpy and thick

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sandie1992

I received a sample of this. It was ok but nothing special. It just didn't really do much for my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by HannahKatex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been wanting to try this mascara for ages but are a little put off buy the price, where I am it's $52 but luckily I was able to pick it up in a set for $37 and I was not disappointed, i ADORE this mascara as it makes my lashes look really curled, definitely a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by tayaferriss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those typical teenage girls that has probably about 30 or more mascaras in my makeup collection but I could never really justify spending more than $15 on a tube of mascara so most of mine are drugstore. I think my eyelashes are one of my best features but I've never really found a mascara that I absolutely LOVED until now… I usually use maybelline the falsies which I did quite like but today I decided to splurge and buy this Lancôme mascara which was $37! But I'm glad I did! It's PERFECT for me. Not only is the packaging adorable but it gives me long full lashes and just looks amazing. I haven't worn it in public yet but I'm sure I'll get lots of compliments when I do. I think I just found my HG mascara! Finally!