April 17, 2014 | 1116 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Star

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by callforbeauty

Makes glamorous lashes! One of their best! Second to definicils which has been number one for over 15 years! The best thing about this mascara is the flat brush! You can easily get to the lash roots to place the color, which is what makes your lashes look their best! I have short lashes and have tried hundreds of mascaras, but Hypnose Star tops all:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by MES

This mascara give lashes a very defined, almost doll like appearance. It didnt make my lashes clumpy at all. I didnt care much for the scent, it's very strong, smells like roses. I've noticed several Maybelline and L'oreal Mascaras have this same scent. Even 20-30 minutes after I applied this I could still smell it. I didnt find this to be a bad products, and I did like it to a degree but I am not sure if I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually like Lancome mascaras. But as I get older, and my tastes and styles change, and given that I am 32 years old, my experience in applying makeup has improved (drastically) from my younger years, I look for different things than I used to. My Definicils that I used throughout high school and my early 20's just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I have come to realize that I already have the length in my lashes and I wanted a more soft and sophisticated, voluminous look so I had switched to Dior Blackout, which I always went back to. So when I saw this at my local Sephora, I decided to give it a try. First of all, the packaging is gorgeous. Who isn't a sucker for packaging like that right? The formula itself is just a tad too thick for my tastes. However I did not experience any real clumping or flaking which is a positive. It was really the brush that I had a hard time getting used to and much to my dismay, did not like. The trick to applying this is that you have to use the flat side of the brush at the base of your lashes. This is where the thickening and volume comes from. Then you have to finagle to the wider thicker part of the brush as you come through the length of your lashes. This was no easy feat for me because the handle of the brush makes that transition a little cumbersome (again, at least for me and the way I like to apply my mascara). I finished the tube, but have decided that I will not repurchase this. Once you get the technique down though, it did give that effect that I was looking for. It was soft, sophisticated and quite lovely. I wasn't a fan of the removal. Again, because I felt that the formula was a little thicker than I am used to, and I got the best results with 2 coats, getting it all the way off was a small project for me. Additionally, I like to use products for daily wear that you don't have to work with too much. Most of the time I am flying around the house trying to get ready for work, that I cannot be spending 15 minutes just doing my mascara! The same goes for trying to get it off. After a long day, I just want everything off my face so I can feel relaxed. I don't want to spend a long time getting it off. So for the same $27.50, I ended up repurchasing my tried and true Dior instead. It's really a shame because I wanted to love it. It's a good product, just not practical for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by galsunday

I got this with Lancome beauty box holiday set 2013 last month (waterproof version). I applied HS over Mac Zoom Fast Black Lash last nite and went salsa dancing. Omg! No smudges despite all that sweaty dancing!!! I read so much bad reviews abt the cone tip wand but i didnt have any problems with it. I just applied the wand like a regular mascara. I didnt even follow the instruction technique recommended by Lancome.

Made my lashes look wide and spider long. Honestly, it looked like i was wearing fake lashes! Application is easy and i find the cone tip allows me to coat the lashes individually. It comes off easily with eye makeup remover. I like the starry tube packaging. Very sophisticated. I wld def re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kamilamik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! It doesn't clump for me and the formula and wand really works for my lashes. Plus it's really easy to remove, unlike they're real which almost took my lashes out! I biked in the rain with this on a few times and it didn't make me look like a crying panda, which I appreciate.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by keitoaren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this mascara as a gift in exchange for beauty insider points with Sephora. I am a huge fan of Lancome, and I'd read good reviews about this product beforehand, so I figured I'd take the jump and get it. I mean, it was (kind of) free, after all!

Unfortunately, I find this product to be rather clumpy, and it makes my lashes look spidery. I also feel like the brush is a little bit awkward to use, given that I'm used to the symmetrical, straight brush of my HG mascara, Benefit's They're Real (I know, I know. It works for me, really!) Also, like all Lancome cosmetics, this product is heavily perfumed, but while I can usually cope with the strong scent of their other products, this one is simply too much for me!

Ultimately, it's not totally horrible, but I would not go out and purchase a full size given my experience with the sample size. Maybe I'll carry this in my purse for touch-ups, or just use it up, as I'd hate to waste it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by beth2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i didnt like this. it flakes and thats a no in my book

glo minerals waterproof mascara is a great one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I forgot I had gotten this as part of a GWP a while back until I was reading some reviews on here, so I decided to pitch my 2 cents in...
For starters, to me, the formula is not too wet or too dry, but just in the middle, which I like. But the brush does tend to pick up a lot more product than it should, which makes it go on clumpy if you don't wipe the excess off it well. If you go to Lancome's website, there's a trick to putting this mascara on, & what you're supposed to do is use the flat side of the brush along the base of your lashes & zig zag it just along the base. Then you turn the brush to the round side & pull the product from along the base of the lashes to the tips, again, zig-zagging it as you go towards the ends of the lashes.
I've put on this mascara following their directions, & it does make a difference, but there are other mascaras out there that give me more volume than this does, & I don't have to worry about using the correct side of the brush. What I have found that works pretty good for me is if I use this just on the ends of my lashes after I have already applied my regular mascara, it gives just enough more length to them to make them pop.
I don't think it would be worth spending $28.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by AMMC

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the worst mascara's I have ever used. Clumpy mess. Smears like crazy, takes forever to dry & does NOTHING to give volume. Would not use if given for free.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I had a sample of this and didn´t like it. I don´t aim for a overly natural look, I expected this to give some volume and length at the same time. Somehow it did both, but it never managed to look good, because it fattens up each lash to the point that they stand there like broom-bristles, not very elegant, no nicely "fanned out" fringe of lashes, and definitely not subtle. I always had to follow up the application with using a clean mascara wand to separate lashes, fan them out and take away a bit of the residue. Not the right product for me.