April 19, 2014 | 809 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by katebollinger2

I did a foundation color scan at Sephora and this was my best match. The color matched well with my skin. I got the Warm Sand and I am a MAC NC20. It didn't make my skin look wrinkly which was good, However, my skin which rarely gets a pimple broke out in cystic acne on my nose. It was awful. As soon as I stopped it went away. Then I started using it again just to be sure since I didn't want to waste an expensive foundation, and it broke out again. On top of that, this product is tested on animals! I am definitely going to get something from Tarte, Two Faced or Urban Decay which isn't tested on animals and won't give me acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by veronika2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

love this foundation. doesnt irritate my sensitive skin. i have oily skin espicialy my t-zone and didnt get shiny. i wore it with a primer as i usualy do, looked very natural, not cakey at all,, will repurchace again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by HollieDahhrlinn

Personally, out of all the foundations I have tried recently; this is one that I would buy again. This foundation is long lasting with a good powder over the top, something like Laura Mercier translucent powder but it does get a little greasy during the day with my combination skin.

The finish is quite matte but has a lightweight finish, not looking heavy on the skin. I like this foundation because of all the shades that are available as well as its smell, its fragrant cucumber scent smells divine.

Its a great mixer foundation if another brand is too dewy, I'll mix this in or sometimes I use this to lighten another foundation that I have. Once I run out I do think i'll be sad but don't know if i'd buy this again to wear on its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Shamar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I think this is a great foundation in terms of coverage and its long wearing abilities. However, it contains lavender oil. Lavender oil is scientifically proven to aggravate the skin and can lead to increase in redness and breakouts. This ingredient alone ruins the whole foundation for me. It just isn't necessary at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by jackiekane

I was looking for the "long lasting natural finish foundation" of Bobbi Brown, the vendor gave me this product and its totally different from what I was looking for.
She gave me the same color as I had in the old foundation but when I compared them the new product is darker. In addition to that it's thicker and I'm not feeling comfortable at all with this make up. It's heavy und every time I touch my skin, it feels sticky. And it smells like lavender.

I would never ever buy this again
I think the main reason why I "hate" this foundation is because of the disapointment that the old foundation was so awesome and light so that it is impossible to compare these two foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by PearlsGirl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg I don't usually buy foundations without testing and lots of research first, and I broke my rule and bought this anyway. I had asked for a sample but the makeup counter guy basically ignored my request and went on about how they like to apply it for you at the counter and you see it that way. So I thought I may as well get him to apply it, go shopping for a few hours, and then see what it's like after a few hours. The colour match is was great (Warm Natural 4.5) and the formulation gave a good natural coverage. So I was happy. There was some shine, but I thought that might have been because I had been in and out of shops and various warm and cool temperatures. So I thought screw it, I'll buy it since Bobbi Brown is so highly rated.
Now, I am a moron for not going with my instinct of using samples for a few days first because my skin is horribly oily and something a lot of people don't understand (they thing you're just exaggerating but in reality I am an oil slick.) The foundation is full on shiny all over in under an hour, and the worst bit is that it is STICKY. I have never had a foundation that feels sticky to the touch. And no matter how much powder I put on top, it is still sticky and shiny. How is that even possible?! For £30 it was an expensive mistake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I guess my skin is 'different' but this foundation is my no. 1 fave. It does not look like i am wearing foundation when i have this on... just like i have perfect skin. I've tried em all from Dior and Guerlain to MAC to cover girl, and I never even had an interest in BB's foundations because I don't like how they are all yellow based. Well my NW 20 skin was matched perfectly to 'warm beige' and the shade somehow works quite well. It does cancel out my redness which is the reason i wear foundation, my redness! But the formula is what got me. I bought this last winter and, always looking for the next best thing, tried like 5 more foundations in the meantime (yes, I have a problem haha). When I recently revisited this, every problem I had w every other foundation was none existent. I can apply a HEAVY face w this and it never ever looks Cakey. Or, it can be more of a medium coverage. It has the EXACT right oil control/moisture balance for my particular skin. It's been oily lately so I've been using murads oil control mattifier SPF 15 as my day cream and its helped a ton: I tried the Immaculate foundation and it actually dried my skin out in flakes! This seems to control oil and moisturize my dry areas. Its intuitive (jk). MAC pro longwear is another foundation repurchase that's a close 2nd to this but there's just that glow I get from BB that MAC doesn't give me. I do however use the pro longwear concealer in nw20 on my dark circles. I like to apply this w a damp beauty blender the best. I apply my makeup in the am and it stays on til 9 pm. Key words: stays on. I will repurchase this forever. Now, what to do with my other 25 foundations... (Ha!!)

I don't get all the hatin'... If you're curious about it try a sample! Maybe it will become your HG foundation too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by heymitchy

I decided to try out a long lasting foundation since I am in school from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m, and don't get home until about 9 p.m.

So I can say applying this foundation can be a pain. I have tried Sephora's airbrush concealer brush, the airbrush precision foundation brush, and both casued way too much streaking due to the fact the Bobbo Brown foundation is extremely thick.

The best method I have used to have a perfect finish with the foundation is with clean fingers, dot the foundation on my face, and slightly blend it out, and the with my beautyt blendy blend it out completly in bounching motion only! don't slide it! Do it as if you are patting your face!

This is the only foundation that has ever been true to my skin color, omg it is beautifuly matched to my neck. Looks VERY NATURAL!

So I have very oily skin, so regardless of what foundation I use, I procduce oil, All i do is blot and the foundation sticks well to the skin, so it doesn't fade or rub off at all during the day.

This does not feel heavy on my skin at all, and like I mentioned before is the perfect shade, I am in natural tan 4.2. I was skeptical because it sounded too dark, but the yellow undertone is perfect.

The only thing that I am worried about is that it is causing small bumps throughout my face, which I think may be due to the Lavender in the product.

I will finish my bottle, and as much as I love it,it is pricey and has been reacting with small breakouts on my skin :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by hoarec

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation. Once you get into your 40s it can be really difficult to find a foundation that don’t show up the lines. I have some wrinkles but I still can get an oily Tzone, but this seems to balance it all out. I dont understand why this has had some bad reviews. I love everything about it, it looks natural, it covers very well, it makes your skin look alive and clearer, not a dried out dead mess. I would defiantly purchase this again. I was previously using MAC Studio Fix in NC37 and now using the Bobby Brown in Warm Natural. I still love Mac too but I think every now and again you need to switch because I think your skin gets used to it and seems to get lazy and not work so well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by VelvetDoll

Okay well first of all the texture of this foundation is pretty good. Its not to thick or to runny. This foundation has a very annoying smell. it has a overwhelming lavender smell that gives me a headache. Some people might like the smell but personally i like foundation to smell clean not like cheap perfume. If you have dry skin this foundation would be better for you, but if your skin leans more onto the oily side like me be ready to have it slide of your skin within a hour or two! This foundation has a wide variety of color choices so that is a plus but thats about it. I mean there are worse foundations out there but this one definitely isn't good in my opinion. Its relatively easy to blend and looks pretty good on skin at first. This foundation is not worth the price at all.