September 2, 2014 | 1893 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at how many bad reviews there are on this foundation! I never heard too much about it, but I needed a foundation that actually matched my skin tone (I couldn't find a very good match in MUFE or NARS, unfortunately), so the sales associate at Sephora helped me match a shade in the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish foundation in both natural daylight and store lighting, and we found that "Golden" is perfect for my tan, olive skin. It looks JUST like my skin.

I consider this foundation to be a light to medium coverage. I don't have hyper pigmentation, but I do need a little bit of evening out of the skin, so this is a great option for perfecting my skin without being heavy. It has a satin finish that looks very natural. It is definitely long wearing, and I don't even use a primer.

I love that it comes in a pump, which makes it easy to measure out how much of the product you actually want to use. I usually use one whole pump for the entire face. I apply this product with a damp beauty blender or the real techniques buffing brush.

I am acne prone, and this doesn't break me out. However, I do take care to use a very effective makeup remover after using any makeup item!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie. I have to admit to it. I tried everything from the cheap wet n wild to the most expensive Dior at $85 a bottle and everything in between. I have always had a curiosity with BB because of her statue as a well renowned make up artist of the stars and top models, but i never tried it. I would see her brand at my local sephora and just dabbled some in the back of my hand and thought, "eh, just another foundation.. nothing special." I didn't go back to get it. Well one day i was looking for yet ANOTHER foundation that would make bigger and better promises than my current foundation and i ended up at nordstroms. the SA insisted i sit down in the chair so i could get the "full bobbi brown effect". So i thought, 'ok- i got off work so who cares if i end up looking garrish- i am just going home.' she matched me with warm natural 4.5 and it ended up being a pretty good match. i wanted a medium to full coverage and something that will last 15 hours. This delivered. I wouldn't say this was HG status, but i can't beat the color match and it does last quite a while. I do have to use a primer first and set everything w a setting powder, but at the end of the day i don't have that ever so famous "cake face" or some areas (around my mouth and chin) the foundation seem to disappear by hour #6. Of course i will continue to use it until i get that itch to find something "better" out there and the hunt will start again, but for the time being, i am really liking this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Leila31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color: almond 8... Terrible foundation. I usually wear MAC studio fix (NW47) and wanted to try bobbi brown as it's well known for "natural looking" foundation. 1. Had a bad reaction to my skin (probably because of the lavender) 2. Price - ridiculous $80 (Australia). 3. After an hour or two, it gave me an oily face look. I don't mind a dewy/natural look but the look it gave me was disgusting. It just made my face look soooo incredibly oily and got worst throughout the day. Waste of money, terrible for the skin and gives you a shockingly bad finish. The only positive thing is the packaging, bottle comes with a pump. If you're looking for a natural light coverage foundation, I highly recommend you try the NARS tinted mosturzier. Absolutely brilliant.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by alcambrit

Broke me out immediately. Agree with others about the Lavender oil. Will be returning.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Jkristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation sometimes when I'm at work. I find it has really nice cover and is great for soothing redness in the skin. I don't like the lavender in it at all and that's a big thumbs down from me, I suffer cystic acne and although it has been active before I started wearing the BB longwear, I worry that the lavender will irritate my skin. Something I don't like about it is I find that on my skin it can sit in pores a bit and it tends to be a bit sticky especially round my nose which can leave it slightly itchy. Apart from these minor things tho, it is a really nice foundation, good cover and nice Matt finish but doesn't look Cakey or like a mask. The price is a bit steep but pump bottle makes it easy and not messy to use, really nice on normal skins, def needs a bit of help with setting powder/retouching powder for oily skins!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this in Porcelain and went back to ask for a refund after noticing the smell- lavender. It's highly fragranced with it and potentially irritating. I swapped it for Moisture Rich which I have some issues with too but at least I can use it without it being an irritant.

This covers well, but as someone with normal-dry skin I found it too matte- it's probably best for very young oily skins.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by cmiw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this foundation. It lasts up to 12 hours, it doesn't make me look like an oil slick (I have very oily t-zone), and the coverage is perfect. It leaves a very nice second-skin finish. I don't find the spf 15 to be very reflective in flash shots either.

Cons are that it's pretty expensive, it's in a glass bottle (I'm just counting days till my clumsy hands let it slip off), and it kinda feels tacky if you don't set it with powder. Which is not a problem since I always set my makeup with powder anyways.

I also don't feel like it's clogging my pores, breaking me out, or irritate my skin in any way. Lavender scent is pretty strong so sensitive-skinned ladies should use with caution

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by thebenefitsofboredom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, it's pricey, but it matches my pale skin well, provides a nice light coverage, and lasts pretty much the whole day when I set it with Bobbi's sheer finish pressed powder.
The bottle is quite large and lasts well. I only use two small pumps per day.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Jlouise123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm an nc15 and bought this in the shade sand, I have dry to normal skin. I used Laura Mercier primer underneath and used a foundation brush to apply, it's a light to medium coverage I would say, it is build able but starts to feel uncomfortable on the skin if you build it up to much. It lasts around 5 hours on me if I don't powder it, I found that its quite a flat finish and I needed to add some highlighters to revive my skin again. It dries very quickly and is very watery. This isn't the best foundation and it isn't the worst that I've tried. I would get a sample first and see how you go with it xx

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Although I gave this the lowest rating, I've not used this Bobbi Brown product other than her powder blush that I returned after finding it to fade and appear blotchy. I want to reiterate GoingCoen's comments about the lavender oil which is very bad for the skin in any foundation. (Alcohol too!) Several months ago, I was using Shiseido's perfecting liquid foundation that clogged my pores and noted it had lavender oil. I was able to return it.

IMO, the cosmetic industry has become a racket that warrants regulation and scrutiny. Since the recession, I believe cosmetic lines across the board have altered ingredients in many of their products lowering the quality of some of their products. Buyer beware.