L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

4.2

Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ceresin, Caprylyl Methicone, Silica Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Tin Oxide, May Contain (+/-): CI 77491, CI 77492, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica

I LOVE this, I am super new to the liquid and gel eyeliner and wanted to give it a try. I bought this because of the reviews and I can see why. I am starting my mornings with a nice cat eye look and it lasts all day. It's great. I will touch it up if I really need to and even use the cheap $3 ELF liquid eyeliner for a little touch up too but this is a really great product on it's own without having to cost me $$$.

When it comes to eyeliner, especially gel, I don't like to spend a lot of money because it's not a product I use everyday and therefore I feel like it's wasted because I don't like to keep liquid/gel eye products for more than a year. Kinda like mascara which I toss after 3-4 months regardless of how much I've used it. I've had MAC fluidliners but was never able to finish up an entire pot in less than a year. So when I saw the L'Oreal liner I thought, why not. So far this is my favorite black gel liner and is similar to the MAC fluidliner in backtrack, but only costs around $10 AND it comes with a brush that I use to apply it. I really like the brush! The formula is very smooth and easy to apply to the lash line. I only use a small amount so I can see this pot lasting quite a long time and I don't think I'll be able to use it up in a year. It does take a couple minutes to fully set, however once it's set it lasts all day leaving a nice matte finish. I actually like that it doesn't dry immediately because sometimes, after I apply it, I'll take a pointed eyeliner brush and smudge the line into the outer v and crease to create a smokey eye. I also have this in the shade Espresso which don't glides as smoothly as Blackest Black but still works great. I highly recommend these and will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great product! Very black, long lasting, and makes a good crisp and matte eyeliner! LOVE IT! The only reason I gave it 4 is because it takes it a while to dry completely (3 minutes at the least).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

For a drugstore gel liner this is amazing. The pigmentation could be better but it does last - with minimal bleeding. Consistency is ok to work with, get get a little dry but can be fixed.

this is a great gel liner, let me say I have used Maybelline and did NOT like it nor did I like Wet n Wilds but I do enjoy e.l.fs 3.00 cream liner. but this one is so black and so creamy glides on almost without me fully pressing my angled brush against my lids. a nice deep black this lasts all day no smudging and no creasing or transfering. I love this.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I'm not sure I understand the great reviews for this product. I find that it falls out under my eye within a couple of hours causing the look of under eye darkness or a black eye. It's odd in the sense the line will remain and look intact through many hours and even until the next day, though the color will just darken (as in undereye fallout) as the day goes on, necessitating constant clean up. It's not my mascara either as I've tried it without mascara and the effect is the same. Mine is made in Korea. I don't know if it's always been made there, but my color in espresso is as well and does the same thing. I have a better effect and no fallout with a slant brush and dry black or brown eye shadow. Even maybelline's 24 hour cream tattoo shadow in black (leather) or brown suede (leather) work better and stay put until you remove them, though you must fuss with them a bit more upon application to get proper payoff for eyelining. I don't mind as it never smudges or moves, which to me is the most important feature of an eyeliner. If it does smudge/move, it's never worth it, no matter how great it's other qualities/feature/attributes are.

I do not understand how anyone compares this to MAC blacktrack. It's runny, it doesn't go on smoothly and it doesn't last. I really was hoping this would be comparable as it is so affordable but I just can't endorse this product. To me, it is nothing like the holy grail gel eyeliner, the amazing MAC blacktrack. Blacktrack is just thicker, longer lasting and easier to apply. My only pros are the package is suitable and it includes a brush.

I have this issue with neglecting my gel eyeliners. I absolutely love the longevity and opacity of black gel liners, but sometimes (and by that, I mean often) I just can't be bothered to dig out an eyeliner brush and allocate the extra 3 minutes to perfect even winged eyes. That being said, my gel liners are prone to drying out on me, so I thought it was probably wise to start using more inexpensive drugstore gel liners.

The gel liner isn't exactly dirt cheap at around $10, but drugstores have frequent sales and it's a good quality made in USA gel liner, totally worth the $7ish dollars I paid for it. The packaging is the typical glass reservoir pot with a cool gold plastic cap. Always remember to cap these very tightly and possibly store upside down. I actually stow my away in the refrigerator as I'm currently focused on using up some black pencil liners, the consistency hasn't seemed to be affected and no product shrinkage thus far - success!

I think this has to be one of the creamier gel liners I've tried, you definitely have a bit of play time should you desire a smudgy or smoky eye look. However, once it sets, it definitely sets into a beautiful inky matte true black. This eyeliner will indeed crack and peel if you apply too many layers of it on your eyelids or if you are impatient with letting it set before you curl your lashes. With Too Faced Shadow Insurance, this eyeliner lasts all day on me, without it, it does start smudging after a few hours, but I have rather oily eyelids. I think this works rather well as a tight-line product as well, but my actual eyeballs have been rather dry lately, so that could be the reason for that.

Anyway, I am rather pleased with this product and am thinking about purchasing the slate shade for my mother, who's in dire need of a long-lasting charcoal liner for her mature hooded eyes. Hopefully she'll enjoy this eyeliner as much as I do.

Wow. Not to bring race into this, but as an Asian woman, it has been such a struggle to find that one eyeliner that would actually sit tight on your lids without smearing, smudging, or bleeding from sweat, oil, or the mere act of blinking. Lo & behold, I've finally found it.

This eyeliner sat on my lids for 12 hours (10am-10pm) without the least bit of smudging. Note: I read from Paula's Choice Beautypedia's review of this that you must give it time to set, and once it does set, it'll not budge. That's what I did. I made sure to let this product set, which took about 10 minutes, and in that time period, I checked by lightly pressing my fingertip against my lids. It's not completely set if product transfers onto your fingertips (duh). I wore it super thick, and the liner didn't budge at all. After 12 hours, the color also remained black as ever. So, my friend, the formula is near perfection, if not so. It's not just the staying power, no. The formula allows for a smooth application that works with the lightest stroke. No flaking. No smudging. No tugging needed.

Color: Matte finish

Price and packaging: Ehh, no issues. Even if the price was too high or the packaging too ugly or whatever, I think the formula itself makes up for any cons of this product. The brush that comes with this liner works great/beautifully. Not dinky whatsoever!

Removal: Definitely doesn't remove with just soap/cleanser and water. Tried it on the back of my hand and, wow, I had to use a toothbrush to scrub it off. Ouch. What I did use to remove it from my lids was simply what I normally use to remove my makeup. Pond's Cold Cream and wipes. It melted the liner like magic, with so much ease, I was quite surprised. Then I just wiped it all away with my (diy) makeup wipes. Easy breezy :)

Definitely an HG (drugstore) eyeliner and absolutely a recommended product.

The ONLY gel liner that sticks to my oily Asian mono lids. I use this to do a natural eye every day, keeping the line extremely thin on top. I also use it to tightline the eyes and it doesn't budge all day. If I use a thick line on top, it does end up smudging all over my lids. There is nothing to stop that from happening, sadly. My eyes have met with many liners and they have all smudged, but this particular liner stays on a lot longer than the others. Plus, the brush it comes with is awesome!