October 21, 2014 | 922 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Iam very oily and acne proneand this is now my new primer . Normal face primers have a tendency to leave me very oily and slick this as a face primer works beautifully I find it's almost a little bit tacky it really holds my foundation into place .as a normal BB cream I would probably pass on this product it does not provide enough coverage for a BB cream to be worn alone but as a face primer it's absolutely fantastic my skin is oily and I usually have to blot every 2 to 3 hours anyway but is definitely holds my make up in place all day long so as primer I give it a five , as a BB cream I give it a two.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by RiS123457

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Before I get into this review, I'll just tell you about my skin. If you don't feel like reading this long review, I'll have a summary at the bottom. I have combination skin, really dry cheeks and oily t-zone. So it's hard to find a product that works with that. Also, I'm extremely white, no joke. So it's also hard to find a product that doesn't oxidize on me. The first time I tried this, I hated it. I applied it with my fingers and it was so orange I looked like an oompa-loompa. It also didn't blend very easily. But other than that, I really liked the way it felt on my skin. It didn't accentuate my dry cheeks or look greasy in my T-Zone. THEN I tried it again. This time, I washed my face with Cetaphil, let that sink in and then I mixed this with my clean and clear moisturizer on the back of my hand. I applied it with my hands and this time, it actually worked. It wasn't so orange and it didn't take long to blend. It's very buildable but if you need medium to full coverage, this is not for you. However, it's very light for summer. I just go over my troubled areas with my HG revlon concealer in fair. If you're looking for an easy, simple, lightweight BB cream, this is defintely the one for you!

Summary: If you have very fair skin like me, this will be fine as long as you mix it with a white moisturizer to lighten it up. If you have dry skin, this might not work for you unless you moisturize very well before. If you have oily skin, this will be good for you. This is NOT a full coverage BB cream. No BB cream is. However, it does do a great job at evening out the skin and cancelling out any redness. If you have any troubled areas, you can put concealer on top of this and you will have a nice natural makeup. As for coloring, even if your skin isn't that fair or pale, I'd still get the lightest shade because it's still quite dark. However, if you do get dark in the summer, then get the second shade.

If my opinion changes, I will definitely update this review!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I've tried Maybelline's BB cream and loved it, but I read positive things about this one, so I decided to try it. It's a rather small tube, which I didn't like. It makes portability easy, but you don't get as much product as you pay for. What's unique about this BB cream is the way it comes out of the tube. It's white with small beads in it. When it's applied to the skin, it changes color and it matched my skin very well. I got it in medium and I am always tan, so I think I could use this during winter.

I don't like to wear foundation because it's too heavy at times, so I enjoy using BB creams, but they don't offer much coverage if I were to have a blemish, so you'd have to build this up or use your concealer to do that. This BB cream does not have SPF, so moisturizer underneath is a must. I know BB creams are similar to moisturizers, but applying moisturizer under it will make your skin look smoother anyway, so it's a vital step.

When I apply this BB cream, I apply a thin layer to my skin and then I conceal under my eyes and then use the BB cream again to blend the concealer out. BB creams are pretty good as concealers too, but apply it gently under the eyes, or it might sting a bit. After that, I apply translucent powder, and I like to use Coty Airspun as setting powder. The BB cream dries matte-like, so it's very good for oily skin types, but a setting powder will increase how oil-free your face can be. After applying all face makeup, my face feels smooth and I am ready to take on the day. After about seven hours of working in a kitchen with heat, lifting things, and not sitting down, my face appears dry and matte, but when I touch it, I can feel a little oil or sweat. This BB cream does a good job on staying matte!

All in all, I really liked this product and would purchase it again, but Maybelline's BB cream is also an option. Maybelline's does come with SPF, but it doesn't dry on matte. It depends on what your skin needs. I like to give my skin a lot of moisture, but my skin is combination. It's also possible to switch BB creams during the winter and summer to deal with skin issues that come with these seasons.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by simplieelegant

I think that this bb cream is very nice especially for those with nice skin. The coverage is light but you can build it up. The only thing I don't like is the color selection. I believe there were only 3 shades. To me this bb cream oxidizes one shade darker than my skin tone so if anyone is thinking of purchasing this bb cream maybe buy one shade lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by vmccarthy01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this BB cream a lot. Does not make me break out and i have never looked orangey in it. I have very fair irish skin w/freckles and am prone to break outs. Very light color to it and it blends right into my skin. a little goes a long way, but it is pretty pricey for a small amount though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by kimbySS

I bought this and the first time i used I was LOVING IT! I felt that the color looked really nice on me. but i had a tan in the moment.
When I used it to school, a second grader asked me Why i was looking so orange!!! Then i checked in the mirror and i did look way more orange than I remember it to be.
If only the color was better!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Bellarose3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Thought I loved this stuff..I came on here to write a review about how great it was, thankfully that didn't do thru. The first day I wore it, I was asked if I had a facial. (By my hairstylist!) I also used a drop of glycerin in my moisturizer that morning, which may have a lot to do w that. Anyways, I like how it feels lite, makes skin glow. I can't use around my mouth bc for some odd reason it burns..??? Anyways, that's how I know it's clogging my pores. I've broke out everywhere EXCEPT around mouth. I look like I have red sideburns bc of the acne!! I've never gotten a breakout there!! Also, I can see my pores filled up. I wouldn't say blackhead... Yet. I've never had one, but this is the closest I've got! My skin is too dry to allow anything into my pores.. Or so I thought. Such a shame. I wanted to love this stuff! Oh, and I only wore it for a couple hrs also. 5 max

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by krislovesmakeup

First off I bought the medium and it was so light! Secondly it broke me out so bad! I don't know what did it, but i'm throwing mine out!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by meghanlaine

I had this product in a sample and I tried it out because I was looking for a light weight foundation type makeup for the summer. I put it on and I fell in love with it!! It was so silky and velvety and soft! I just loved how it felt against my skin. I had the color light and it was perfect for me. I am a nc20 in Mac. I could instantly see that my skin tone was more even and my redness was almost completely gone! I love love this product to use alone or to prime underneath a heavier foundation because it evens out my skin color so well! I defiantly would repurchase this! By the way I have normal to dry skin and I only get oily around my t zone with this product so a setting powder is ideal :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by musicamyy

I saw my mom using this and i thought why not give this BB cream a try. This was when it first came out. When i tried it i thought what the heck its not even my skin tone. i actually started wiping it off my hands and realized it was a light foudation color. haha. i applied it to my face thinking it will be really good for me. but nope ! the SPF in it give me a scary white pale finish (as if i was apply white face paint) i even waited to about 3 hours later and it made no difference. was really upset it didnt work as well as i thought. a year or two later i saw my sister purchased it. i thought, okay i should give it another try. i did , and it made my skin look nice....not great. Nice. i actually went out in public with this !!!!! not once but twice!!!! the next day i wore it again and i walked in my bathroom to finish my hair, saw the BB cream this time with natural lighting and saw that the BB cream has been sliding the whole time !!!! the worst part it was clumping up too !!!! never again with this BB cream ! >:/