L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 11/14/2014 9:49:00 PM

This is my second favorite US BB cream from the drugstore. I'm in the color medium & it blends perfectly for me. It's one of those that come out grey but then blends into your skin tone so don't be alarmed when you first squeeze it out. I don't care for squeeze bottles but I like that this one has a tapered nozzle so it really helps control how much you squeeze out. The coverage is light to medium but it's really light on the skin & great for those good skin days were you just want to even out your skin tone.

on 11/14/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love this BB cream! I usually wear a very light layer of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation, so I am used to light coverage. I think this cream works great for what it is--basically a tinted moisturizer. However, it does not moisturize. I do find that my skin feels a little tight immediately after application, but it doesn't look dry at all and has no negative lasting consequences. It helps to even out my skin tone and I like to wear it during the day on weekends when I am just running errands. The packaging has a very small hole for dispensing from the squeeze tube and I find that I use quite a small amount to cover my face. I have normal skin and it does not look oily or orangey (I'm in the fairest shade for winter). I would recommend this BB cream to a friend.

on 11/14/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this and i like it. I like it for days where i just want to even out my skin tone. I also at times use it as a base before applying my foundation. Its better than other bb creams I've tried, it keeps my blush on all day, it does get a little oily but not too excessive, I do like it and I would recommend it, even if it's just used as a base.

on 11/10/2014 11:40:00 PM

I love this product!! It gives me the right amount of coverage without making me look all cakey. What I love about this, is that its build-able. It also doubles up as a primer and a concealer! This saves me so much time in the morning to do other things!

on 11/8/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this BB cream! (if you can call it that). It's really not a BB cream in the true, Asian sense of the word. It's more like a tinted moisturizer. The coverage is very light. It mainly just evens out your skin tone. I love using this as my daily go to makeup when I am just running errands or working (I'm a nurse). It feels like I'm not wearing any makeup at all and keeps my oil at bay better than a lot of other BB creams. It says it hydrates on the tube, but I have not noticed much in the way of hydration (which is good for me). I am light olive skin toned and in the summer I wear the color "light" and in the winter I wear "fair." Both have yellowish undertones, with the light color being more yellow, and the fair is more neutral.
I will definitely continue buying this as long as L'Oreal keeps making it!!

on 10/31/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my Holy Grail BB Cream. I have wanted the Dream Pure BB from Maybelline but haven't been able to use it due to my picking out the wrong shade. When I went to wal-mart the shade "light" the lightest shade was out of stock, like everything at wal-mart is. I saw this l'oreal bb and assumed I had picked up the shade "light" when really I had choosen the shade "fair". I tried it thinking that it would be far too light/pink but it matches my skin tone perfectly (very yellow undertoned) which means that very pale girls won't be able to use this product; I am a light-medium Hispanic skin tone and "fair" is the lightest shade they offer. One lippie off. Other than that, this is perfect for my dry skin. It's not very moisturizing but it covers my acne and scars like a foundation. That being said I am someone who hydrates a lot at night and prefers something matte even though I have dry skin. This, however, feels very light on the skin and I would repurchase.

on 10/29/2014 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Iam IN LOVE with this bb cream! Ive tried many bb creams in the past that turnt me oompa lumpa orange! I saw the loreal magic skin beautifier bb cream being praised by beauty gurus over the internet and decided to give it a chance,i live in the uk (product not available here) so i shipped it over from the us.when i first swatched it on the back of my hand...(shade 812 light) i thought oh my god its orange!!! However i decided to try it on my face just to get a proper look before i ditched it in the bin...i dotted it onto my forehead,cheeks,nose and chin (you really dont need a lot) and just rubbed it into my skin like i was applying moisturiser....boy was i surprised when i looked in the mirror...i was expecting a huge orange mess but what i actually got was a nice glow and no hideous orange at all!! My skin tone is like pretty much porcelain and this did NOT make me orange! Praise the lord! It covers all my redness and blemishes without feeling heavy and its not cakey at all nor does it leave you a shiny mess,it goes matte pretty quick and i do not have to set it with powders at all,my face looks great hours later after a day at work literally like ive just done my makeup! I cant rate this product enough its my holy grail!!

on 10/26/2014 12:07:00 PM

I was at Walgreens, about to purchase Rimmel Stay Matte Primer when the cosmetics section employee goaded me into purchasing this instead. She issued me with a couple of coupons that resulted in this BB Cream being two for the price of half of one, so I went ahead and selected a Light and Medium. Now, I'm pretty much Medium in every skin cosmetics brand known to womankind, but somehow I am a Light in this range. Go figure.

This BB Cream is evidently one of the more opaque ones and I suppose I am inclined to agree, despite not having tried any of the others (aside from mismatched samples). I have a fair amount of redness and acne scars and while this obviously didn't completely conceal my imperfections, it did help minimize their usual stark appearance. I don't particularly enjoy that this product dispenses white and "transforms to your perfect shade," which is certainly not true. I'm rather yellow-toned and this tends to look quite orangey on me, especially after it oxidizes after an hour or so. I follow up with my usual concealers and they seem to at least play nicely with the BB Cream.

This dries down to a mostly matte finish with provides a bit of lumosity in my T-zone, due to that area's oiliness, which request a moderate dusting of powder to mattify. Lasting powder is so-so, but I tend to touch my face a lot and most foundations are simply no match for my T-zone. Nonetheless, this is a good quick face perfector whenever I'm feeling more inclined to look more polished, but still natural and fresh-faced. I'm sure this would be fine to use as a base/primer for my foundation, but I have yet to use it as such as I suspect it may impart an obviously cakey look.

I typically apply this with my fingers since it is a thinner more workable texture than your tradition foundation. The packaging is at least a hygienic plastic squeeze tube, although an actual pump would have bene better. I probably won't repurchase this after I've used it up.

on 10/22/2014 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

the color range is very limited. I wear w7 in the foundation. I am similar to Beyonce or Halle Berry in skin tone and this barely matches in Deep. It has a lot of shimmer, which makes me feel like a kid. I guess that's supposed to *luminize* but it gets on everything and I'm not 21. Medium coverage and doesn't break me out.

on 10/20/2014 10:12:00 PM

I'm saying yes to buying again, although I'm on the fence with this product.

On one hand I really like the ease of use, the performance, and the long lasting, trouble free results and my skin looks pretty good in pictures (tho is it a bit 'glowy'? I can't really tell.) -

On the other hand, I think the colour is just a bit too dark for me. Like another reviewer I went to Walmart, and they also only had the med left. I bought it, tried it, and kept using it occasionally because I couldn't decide if I loved it or hated it, so I didn't I didn't return it.

I have paler skin, with rosy undertones - sand beige is usually my best range. I tried the sample medium on the back of my hand (though not ideal for a colour match) and liked the way it disappeared.

I just went on a 5 day trip to a spa resort and used this and liked the trouble free wear - however I also wasn't able to check my skin up close in my lighted mirror, but when I did check myself out in the available mirrors, I felt like I looked just fine - after baths, and scrubs, and whirl pools, and long walks, etc. And I was able to apply this in full natural daylight and thought it looked great.

However I don't feel perfectly confident it's not a wee too dark and maybe it's not matching with the skin on my neck. Since I'm now at the end of the tube (see!? I use it.) I may try buying fair, or med and fair (or light) together and doing a special blend.

What I don't like for sure is the tube dispenser. The product can be both watery and thick and could probably do with a good shake before dispensing. Many many times I've tilted the tube to my fingers and with a gently squeeze had bursting blobs of the cream shoot out - and once it landed on the fluffy white robe I was wearing - luckily there were two robes in the room. Tragedy averted!