September 17, 2014 | 897 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Hope62

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros: Great Package, Improves Skin
Color: C3 - Creamy Natural (I mix it with a touch of Almay's CC primer! Makes it last!)
Prior Foundation: Neutrogena Healthy Skin in Buff.

Have to give it time! If you don't like it at first, don't give up quite yet!

Originally I wrote a very negative review. I bought this product because my skin was horribly dry and I thought it would help since it was a dewy finish. My skin was in bad shape, very dry, patchy, red spots galore. When I first tried this product it barely covered the red spots, my dry spots looked nasty, and it made my face look dull. I was disappointed after all the raving reviews but since I spent the last of my makeup budget for the month on this I kept using it. Glad I did!

Over a period of two weeks my skin has improved so much! Even my acne is better! The texture of my skin has gone from scaly to baby smooth; something I thought I'd never see again! With all the improvements to my skin I have to say it covers wonderfully now. I look polished and bright without looking like I'm wearing makeup, which is my favorite look anyways.

So long story short - if you try it and hate it's coverage, give it a little bit of time and you'll be amazed. I've never had any product, not even lotions and creams designed to improved texture, improve my skin this much. I thought the "Healthy" part in the product's title was just a gimmick. Apparently not! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Camille0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Having tried L'Oreal True Match foundation, I have to say this product is far below. The ONLY pro I found is the pump applicator, which is great to measure the amount of product you apply as well as keep it clean and far from bacteria.

Other than that I found this product does not even cover minor imperfections, made my pores look bigger, and looked cakey after a couple of minutes of application.

This foundation would be good o dry/mature skins, but I mark that its coverage is poor.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by GabbyT15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with this foundation. An excellent alternative to high end products. Don't get me wrong, I love my MAC studio fix foundation and MAC BB cream but I find myself reaching for this foundation all the time. Has exactly what I'm looking for in my makeup--quality and longevity. A must buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT:
I originally gave this product 4 lippies but i'm reducing it to 3 now that i've been using it for a while longer. Although the coverage is buildable without getting cakey and it makes my skin look naturally radiant and smooth this foundation is just IMPOSSIBLE to set! No matter what setting spray or powder I use, no matter how thinly I apply it, it slips and slides everywhere. As well as my having to be careful to never touch my face or i'll be leaving beige fingerprints everywhere. Its such a shame because everything else about this foundation is wonderful. If anyone knows a good powder for setting this i'd love to know!

My original review is below:

Although this product has faults, it's truly what my skin has needed! I have combo skin and I'm on the oilier side with dry patches around my mouth at the moment. For whatever reason this summer, no matter what foundation i use it dries my skin out more and more. I even went back to buy foundations that i previously thought were too dewy for me (true match) but even that didn't cut it. I finally decided to but the True Match Lumi and i LOVE IT! I'll note that i wear N1/2 and it's a perfect match for my skin tone, but in the regular true match i wore W3 so be aware that the lightest of the neutrals isn't exactly light!

I get medium coverage with one layer and full coverage with 2 while it still looks natural! I do have to powder it, which leads to my biggest issue with the foundation: it's so slippery. It is definitely a foundation where i need to be mindful of rubbing my face on anything otherwise I'll be leaving a beige mark behind. It also takes a bit longer than I'm used to to set on my face, but the regular true match already took AGES to set (once it sets i need to smooth out where it's set into my smile lines, but once i do that and powder I'm good to go for the day). But these negatives don't make a difference to me, because this is the only foundation i can wear right now that doesn't make me look like Herman Munster!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by raachel07

I used this pretty much until it ran out (or at least until I gave in and bought something new to try, which means I used to for about 3 months).
Overall, a pretty mediocre foundation. Although I haven't used Loreal's regular True Match foundation(s), I have tried other Loreal foundations in general and this stands out as one of the best.
The formula is very liquidy/watery but it's nice because it means that the product doesn't feel heavy on the skin, although it does feel dewy so I wouldn't really recommend it for oily skin. I would buy the foundation again, but I would possibly buy it in the winter because since my skin is leaning more towards combination and it gets drier in the colder months. It didn't make me break out, which was good; I actually thought my skin improved overall while I was using this. Staying power is pretty decent, although, like I said, it gets oily/slippery so it lasts longer with a powder and a primer would probably help, too.
Price is reasonable. It has a pump, which is a plus, except the cap falls off sometimes. Merrp :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

This product is nice but not the full coverage I was expecting it to be. I feel like I need to do 2 layers to get the desired coverage and then it looks cakey at that point. I have dry skin and was expecting this to be more moisturizing. Not the best foundation in the world but good colors. If you are having trouble getting the perfect color, try mixing 2 shades!! You will be amazed at the difference. Cheap enough to purchase 2.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

im really not a huge fan of this makeup. For the price it really doesn't do much for me and it doesn't do the best of covering impurities and stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by WonderWoman

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is based on my having oily skin. If you have dry skin this might work great for you.

Pros:
- Sunscreen
- Decent medium coverage

Cons:
- Greasy, slick, overly shiny. If you put a thin enough layer on to spread out the greasiness, then you have no coverage.
- You know how most liquid foundations will dry somewhat after being on your skin a few minutes? This doesn't. Applying eyebrow pencil wasn't working well because you get a little bit of foundation right up against your brows, and it was too much greasiness for the pencil to go on as normal.

If you're very oily at all, stay away from this. I actually resorted to using it as a moisturizer before I put on foundation for real, because this is so greasy I only need a very thin layer for that. I hugely regret losing my receipt after purchasing, or I'd have returned this after giving it a really fair try over a week.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just tried this on a whim and am very pleased with it. It gives medium coverage with a glowy finish that I think works well for the summer. I purchased in nutbrown/cocoa which is slightly too dark but will match my summer tan. This rare shade is deep enough for my chocolate complexion but neutral and not too red toned. I like that it has no smell and feels light. It goes on very nicely -- creamy, but not heavy and blends really well . Layering gives more coverage without caking. It reminds me of the Smashbox Halo but less sheer. It is glowy, dewy, radiant but not greasy-looking. On my combination skin, primer and/finishing powder helps to keep it in place, but does little to matte it down. By the end of the day, it has mostly worn off my t-zone. There's no shimmer; it really looks like moist/moisturized skin. It comes in a nice bottle with a controllable pump; I use about two applied with a stippling brush. My biggest con is that it transfers really bad - even with primer/powder it still rubs off with the slightest touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sharon11501

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have dry skin in the winter and most foundations look flaky and dry on me... this one does not! This literally gives you a natural glow which looks amazing in the summer time. In the summer I lightly set this foundation because it does come off if I don't set it. That being said, this foundation does last me through the day in the winter without powder (I'm just sweaty in the summer). This foundation is meant to be used as light/medium coverage, giving a natural look for everyday, not something you would wear out to, let's say, a club.