L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 3/11/2015 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have been using this foundation off and on for about 2 years and I keep coming back to it. My Mac shade is NC37-40 in the winter and NC42 in the summer and I find that W5 - W6 suit me the best. I usually apply this with my beauty blender and get a medium coverage with two pumps. This gives me a naturally looking skin with a bit of a dewy look which I don't mind so much. I've foregone setting this recently because I love the slight dew it gives, and it tends to last me all day at work.

Overall, I love that this is not a full coverage foundation and that it gives a natural look to the skin (no cake-face business). The pump it comes with is mighty handy and when you're down to the last bits you can just pull the pump off and put it back on just as easily. Setting it with a powder will make it last longer but it looks and lasts just as nicely without it.

on 3/7/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got the lightest shade availible but it was too dark, which was dissapointing and confusing since the lightest shade in the original truematch liquid was too light. I got this because the original made my face dry patchy and yet did not cover any blemishes. This foundation did the same thing even though I have combo skin. It also oxidized and turned orange which looked terrible because I am very white. It does not last and it turns greasy after a hour or so. very expensive! The good: very blendable, great bottle.

Unfortunately, after using this for two days I had already broken out from this product. My skincare regime is very successful at controlling acne, but I looked in the mirror today and saw that I had a ton of little bumps on my T-Zone and cheeks as well as a few enlarged pimples on my face! :(

I liked the blendability of the foundation. It went on smooth and did have a nice, luminous and dewy finish as advertised. I had primed my face prior to application and powdered after application as well, but the foundation always seems to disappear after a few hours. I also find myself with an even oilier face. The packaging is great (includes a pump) but I did find it on the pricier side of drugstore products as I live in Canada. I paid around $15 for this foundation.

I had high hopes for this foundation as I was looking for the perfect dewy foundation and it seemed to have great reviews but this did not work out for me. Don't risk it if you have oily, acne-prone skin! If you have normal to dry skin this would probably work better for you.

on 2/23/2015 2:27:00 PM

I absolutely adore this foundation. It lasts all day and, as promised, provides a beautiful luminous glow and at the same time does not feel heavy on my skin. N1-2 matches my complexion perfectly. It evens out my complexion, covers small blemishes, and softens my under-eye circles without looking at heavy. It's also buildable, so if you need a bit more coverage you could get it. All in all, I'd call this a medium-coverage foundation; more coverage than a BB cream, but less than a more heavy-duty foundation. The smell is also mild but pleasant, which I also appreciate.

For the price, I honestly don't think you can do better. I'd put this up against any high-end foundation I've tried. Love it!

on 2/21/2015 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I mostly wanted to write this because a couple of other people commented saying that this foundation has sparkles and it does NOT. It's sparkle free. The regular true match in pour bottle has tiny gold sparkles, which I normally hate. But since the W2 is a perfect match for me, I've been using it for 10 years anyway. I wish I'd found the Lumi sooner because it looks way better on me. If you have oily/acne prone skin you don't want tiny sparkles illuminating every large pore or blemish, and making you look even shinier then you already are! For some reason since in's called "Lumi" I thought it would have even more glitter. Other than that, except for the smaller shade selection, they are very close to the same. It is a pretty dewy finish but I set it with powder. It looks very natural. Very pleased. So glad I tried it anyway :)
Update: My skin is much too oily for this makeup :( A couple hours later I look like an oil slick.

on 2/21/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think this is a lovely foundation. It's rare I give a foundation a full five stars because I have dry skin (so things tend to last), my skin is virtually flawless, and I'm young. All of these things mean that pretty much any foundation looks good as long as I research it and make sure it won't make dry patches stand out too badly, and stand-outs are far and few. This foundation is one of those few standouts. The formula is not very runny or thick and it is quite smooth. It goes on quite smooth and blends easily and evenly. It looks amazing, too. The coverage is medium-buildable with a radiant finish. However, I don't think only dry skinned people can use this. I think all skin types will love this. It lasts all day, and while most foundations do on me, I think this will on most people. Honestly the only fault I can find with it is that the packaging is kind of bulky, but I would never fault the product for that. One of the best foundations I've come across, I definitely recommend it.

on 2/18/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation for my lighter make up days. Its gives a nice luminous finish without looking too oily or shiny. I set my foundation with a powder for the most part anyways but I love this because it layers nicely without looking cakey or like "too much". It has a light - medium coverage that is easily buildable. It doesnt last as long as I would like to to even though I do wear a primer, set it with a powder, and spray a setting spray over it. When it starts to wear it usually starts fading on my upper lip and around my nose.. which is a super bummer because I dont like to carry my makeup around with me for touch ups unless its a lippie. The price is a little high for a drug store foundation but it is one of my favorites when it comes to foundations. The formula is pretty runny compared to other foundations I own. The packaging is perfect, a glass bottle with a pump! A pump is always a plus!

on 2/11/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo/oily skin but I really wanted to try this foundation because I already liked the regular true match. I love this foundation! In fact, I choose this one far more often then I choose the regular true match. I have 20+ foundations, and this one is definitely in my top 5. It makes my skin look beautiful and healthy. It has light-medium coverage, but is decently buildable. It's never caked up on me and doesn't seperate on my face like the regular true catch tends to after 4 or 5 hours. If I wear a primer underneath this foundation will usually last for a solid 7-8 hours before fading becomes an issue. It doesn't do a perfect job of concealing my acne scars, but I have concealer for that. I also really love that this foundation comes with a pump. My regular true match has to be poured out into my hand which I hate. I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

I've been using this product for a couple of weeks now and I'm really liking it!

I have pretty normal skin with some redness in my cheeks, around my nose, and on my chin. i apply the shade Creamy Natural with my fingers to start and finish off with a dap Real Techniques beauty sponge. The formula of this foundation is liquidy, smooth, and very easily blended with good coverage. I'd say medium coverage but very buildable.

What I like best about this foundation is its finish. it gives sort of a dewy look without looking glittery, shimmery, or oily. It lasts almost all day in work and that's with a finishing powder and rosewater facial spray to finish.

This is my new favorite drugstore foundation and will absolutely purchase this again.

on 1/28/2015 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Excellent, affordable everyday foundation for dry skinned girls.

If you are like me, and have dry, dull skin, the 'lumi' effect in this foundation will do wonders to brighten up your face and add that sun kissed, dewy appearance.

I apply this with a beauty blender, on top of my usual moisturiser and primer. Love it!