April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

Pretty good for the price. Nice light/medium coverage and gives a nice dewy look on my skin without looking too shiny. Love the packaging and the squirt pump. My only complaint is that it isn't as long lasting as I'd like it to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by nikkii18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm 38 with very large pores. This foundation works great, as long as you use it with a good foundation primer. I've tried it without a primer and it doesn't work as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by gothica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried to like this foundation, but it simply looks terrible on me. It's easy to apply and blend across skin, being quite watery. The problem is that I can see it on my face, because this foundation seems to sit on top of the skin's surface, rather than soaking into the skin. I hate it for that. It looks like I'm wearing foundation, which I despise. It also badly exaggerates my pores, which normally do not show much, and after a couple of hours it makes me look like I have lines I don't even have--I think because it works its way into my expressions. And any time I touch my face, it feels slick and comes off. I no longer have oily skin, so it's not rubbing off due to that. I've tried setting it with powder, which does not help and only makes it look slightly cakey. It rubs off more easily than any foundation I've ever used, because it's just sitting on top of the skin. It also seems to change color slightly after a few hours.

I'm lucky to have farily good skin, so I look better without any foundation than with this on, I'm sorry to say. I only use it when leaving the house for no more than a couple of hours and want to minimize some minor imperfections or uneven tones, since the longer it's on, the worse it looks. It does give a nice sheen, but that effect is completely ruined by the other negative effects. I'm not a fan of pumps (because they sometimes break), but this pump works really well so far, which is the only good thing I can say about this product, for me personally. For those of you it works for, good for you! It's just not for everyone. I may try mixing it with another foundation to see that improves it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Megz13

I first saw this product in Walmart while looking for a new foundation. Naturally, being attracted to new things makeup related, I purchased this product. As for the price; I bought mine for about $11 dollars. The packaging was nice, and it even has a pump! That's always a good sign right? As for the product though, I didn't entirely like it. Personally, it left me shiny. I believe that's because of my weird normal-combination skin. On me, it wasn't very good, but on someone with dryer skin, it would probably be better. Other then that, the good side to this product would be it's wide range of skin tones and light to medium coverage. Overall, I would recommend this product to someone with dryer skin and advise to avoid this product if you have oily/combination skin. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Yoginibekah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

W1-2 very pink and light with a huge jump to w3. Can't make these colors work for me. In addition, very oily for my combination skin that tends towards more dry in winter (which is when I tried it.) Huge downer because it got such good reviews by Jaclyn Hill.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear shade w6 sun beige in this foundation. (I am an NC42 in mac sff and golden caramel in revlon cs) It is a perfect match for me! However if you have a warm undertone and are darker than nc42, there aren't any shades darker than w6 in "warm" so you might have to try a neutral or cool shade and risk looking too pink. So that might be a problem for you. I have combination skin (oily t-zone, normal to dry cheeks, chin). If you have combo, oily, or even normal skin you WILL have to blot/powder your nose area. This foundation is called "lumi" so it is supposed to make you look luminous and radiant, which is does, but it has no oil-controlling properties what so ever, so keep that in mind. I love the way it looks and feels and how healthy and glowy it makes me look. The staying power is okay and my oils start to show through in less than an hour. Another thing is, when I have this foundation on, my blush applies in the most beautiful way! That's a plus. I got it for $13.79 at cvs which is a tad pricey for a drugstore foundation but I probably still will re purchase, especially if I find it cheaper somewhere (like walmart or target) 5 out of 5. thanks for reading this long review!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Nope. Shade W1-2 is PINK. VERY PINK. No go.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

If I could give this a negative review, I would! I literally did nothing but watch t.v. after I applied this & it down to patchy, cakey coverage in 5 hours :( Also what the H is up with the color range??? W1 & W2 is combined & there's like a 5 shade jump to W3. How does that even make sense? I looked dead in the lightest shade. because it's way too light for me, but the next shade over is way to dark! I tried it anyway, because I figured I could skip highlighting & just contour, this way. This is going back to WalMart.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by amandashorts

I heard that L'Oreal owns Lancôme. So, I thought I would try L'Oreal foundation thinking I would get the same quality of product. However, I was extremely disappointed with this foundation. The packaging was great because it's in a squirt bottle like your department store make-ups. The consistency of this make-up is horrible. It was almost like putting a watery lotion on my face. Typically I use Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H, but I am tired of paying for their extremely expensive products. I bought lipstick from them the other day that was $30. But I guess you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been eyeing this foundation since I became a loyal subscriber to the gorgeous Jaclyn Hill on YT last spring/summer, and saw her repeatedly use this product. I have no idea why it took me so long to actually buy into this, but I guess I do everything on my own time. Lol. I bought the original TM, and it was a tad too dark, even though I'm probably the only one who would really rnotice. I bought it in w7, so I knew to get the Lumi blend in w6, and luckily, it was perfect.

Upon first glance, after application, I was seriously in love. Had to look at mysef in every reflective surface as possible. it really does give your face that candlelit glow, sans sparkle. It's seriously gorgeous. My concealer and everything just melted into it, and I was in love....until three/four hours later. I'd read other reviewers comments that said it wears off easily, but I have dry skin, and didn't think this applied to me. However, I think the foundation in general, isn't meant to last very long. :(

UPDATE: So, I didn't want to give up on this foundation, because I felt like I could make it work for me somehow. Originally I mixed it with my Revlon colorstay (Toast), doing half & half of both. That didn't work so well, either, bc the Lumi messed with the usual longwearing of the CS! So, a few days ago, I decided to mix about a fingertip's worth of CS (since it doesn't have a pump), and a pump and a half of the Lumi, and mix them. PERFECT!!! Everyone has different expectatiions for their foundation, as we all have different skin, but I personally need full coverage, and along with my dry skin, I yearn for a healthy, yellowy-golden glow. WIth this mix, I get just that. Flawless, glowy coverage that literally lasts from morning until night, I was ready to return this, but I'm so glad I thought of custom mixing. Seriously, try this, either with the CS or another foundation, before you throw it out. :)