L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've used the regular L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation for several years but have become unhappy with how it settles into and accentuates my fine lines near my eyes and mouth and how it isn't moisturizing enough in wintertime. I decided to try the new True Match Lumi in the hope that it would be as good of a match to my skin tone and solve the above issues. Unfortunately it does not, and it adds more issues that I never had with the regular True Match. Right off the bat on dispensing onto the back of my hand the color was terrible. I used n1-2 which is supposed to be the equivalent of the regular True Match in n1 (my regular shade) or n2 but it was very unnaturally orange. I went ahead and applied it anyway using my fingers. It felt very oily and like it was just sitting on top of my skin and as if it wasn't allowing my face to "breathe". It also managed to somehow appear cakey at the same time. Despite that suffocating feeling and cakey-ness the coverage was light - too light. And it did exactly what I was looking to avoid: it settled into all my fine lines and accentuated them and my pores (and vellus hair). Grr! I did leave it for a bit and it never seemed to set and it smeared easily. If I didn't have any other makeup to remove I probably could have wiped it all off with a tissue and never even bothered with remover. The one positive is that it comes in a pump dispenser which is so much nicer and more sanitary than screw-top foundation bottles. So unfortunately I can't recommend this product and I'm still on the hunt for a new foundation.

I have read and heard great reviews on this foundation, so I decided to give it a try.

***In case you ladies want to know your exact foundation shade without having to try it on, I recommend the website, http://findation.com/. You just have to have atleast 1 or 2 of your exact match or close match foundation for this site to provide recommendations for you.

Anyway, I have bought 3 shades of this foundation just trying to find my actual shade for season like winter or summer. First, I bought the shade W6 (All "W" since I am of warm undertone) and found it just the right shade in the middle of summer when I am in my most tan tone. But once summer fades out and the weather becomes cooler, I am suddenly the shade of W5. I also bought W4 for winter when I am much more lighter toned.
At first, I think I am dry skin, but I have observed that I become oily in some parts of my face, thus, I do believe I am combination skin already. I just set this foundation with any light powder and all is good.
Applying this foundation by sponge or fingers, it looks good either way. Smooth and hydrating. I feel that this is my HG drugstore foundation. But we can never tell, till we find a better product again.

Packaging is great too, comes in a pump so its hygenic to use and its in a glass container.

Will definitely be buying this again once I ran out of my W5 shade. Love this foundation!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Greasy mess. I love the pump but that's about it. The foundation never felt like it set, also i have dry skin but this made me shiny after about an hour. It especially faded around my nose and didn't cover my redness. Also L'Oreal tests on animals so a big thumbs down for that. Wet n Wild coverall costs less than half of this AND works better so this is going in the trash.

Seriously wish I could love this product 😥 at first, I thought it was great. As the day went on, the coverage became less and it felt little slick on the skin (even though I am pretty dry). Shade selection is spot on, but this broke me out like crazy! I'm talking after wearing it one time, three huge new pimples on different parts of my face :( on the plus side, I really do love the magic lumi primer!! Just wasn't a fan of this, although the packaging is great in my opinion

It does not have good coverage, even if you try to build more layers it did not cover any blemishes I had. Even in the information sticker it says to reapply every 2 hours which I would totally agree you need to do for this foundation, I think it's good if you're in doors 90% of the day and RARLY out in the sun.

I bought this product after reading rave reviews about it online. For a drugstore foundation, it's okay. It doesn't accentuate dry spots and leaves a healthy looking finish but it's pretty light coverage. I was hoping for something a little more concealing. Wore it to work at a restaurant today and after 6 hours, the foundation has separated and I look pretty greasy. I used powder and have dry skin, so this is somewhat unusual for me. Overall, not my favorite product. Probably wouldn't buy again. my search for the perfect drugstore foundation continues.

So I got this foundation for school since 2 of my closest friends use and swear by it. I have combination skin, usually oily with some dry patches here and there, and my skin did NOT like this foundation. It sticked to my dry patches, as well as looking caky all over my face. A girl I go to school with even asked if I was wearing foundation due to the cakiness of the product. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is because of the pump. That is the only thing I like about this product.

** UPDATE**
I have to say, I have radically changed my opinion of this foundation. I have been using a lot of long-wearing products recently and was happy with the performance. However, I did not like how these were thicker and tended to mask my natural skin texture. Switching back to Lumi I was blown away by how natural this looks and how it enhances my skin rather than covering it up. Yes, it does not last as long as I would like, but I would much rather have luminous beautiful-looking skin than look like I am wearing obvious foundation. I absolutely would buy this again and I would recommend for those who prefer lighter coverage with a gorgeous glow.

**Original Review**
I purchased N1-2 and this is slightly too dark for my NC15 skin. I thought that L'Oreal would have more of a shade range in this, especially since the True Match line is touted as having 33 different shades.

The finish is lovely, light coverage and a lightweight feel. But as other reviewers have stated, this is not transfer resistant and will come off when blotted, when you accidentally touch your face, and it will also come off on clothing and sunglasses/eyeglasses.

I need foundation to last, and although this is not advertised as being long-wearing, I expected more than just a couple of hours wear. I will use up but not buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation. For me it's a dupe of Smashbox Liquid Halo HD and is like a quarter of the price. Nice sheer coverage, easy to blend, looks really natural. Such a great drugstore foundation - totally on par with fancy high end ones.

I like the pump on this. Very nice to see a pump bottle foundation in the drugstore, and it nice to see that it looks like pump bottles at the drugstore are finally coming to fruition.

This was just an okay foundation for me. Stayed true to color, did not break down until a good 6 to 8 hours, and did not irritate my skin or break me out. It did feel a little greasy or slightly oily when applying it, but did not notice an oily feeling once it was applied. It did feel a little bit like it 'sat' on my skin during the day, and that is even going light-handed.

All in all, not a bad foundation, but won't re-purchase. It sits in the back of my foundation collection, I may turn to this in the Fall or Winter, but it is just too heavy for the Summer.