September 23, 2014 | 1929 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The perfect summer blush, in my opinion. This is quite similar to my natural flush (I do turn into a tomato when I blush, unfortunately, and I also go quite pale... it isn't the best look) and applied lightly on the skin- by this I mean a touch-and-tap policy- this has the most beautiful effortless glow. I wear this neutral make-up or a bright lip, a fresh eye, and it just makes you look and feel effortless yet glamorous.
I apply this with a MAC 187, usually reaching for a 168, and I have to admit, that I find almost always find myself buffing it out for that natural finish with my RT Buffing Brush.
Big thumbs-up from my side to this bright-red, sexy, but chilled siren of blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Lumiele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i deeply in LOVE with exibit A, i wasn't sure at first because i have a redness cheek problem and i'm very fair nw05-nw10. But then i love NARS product so much so i give a try on it. it was scary red with coral hint (i think it's called terracotta? cmiiw), just need a little slightly 1 swap for me and viola it refresh my face instantly. this is were my favorite number 1 to go blush. the color is last for long time, no need to touch up. also i belive it gonna be last forever unless i broke it lol. yes definnetly gonna buy this when it hit pan.. (well mine still 90% i guess). recomended for all skin tone ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I said yes to purchase again but I highly doubt it as this stuff lasts FOREVER!
I really do lI've this blush, it warns up my face. I live how there is no sparkly flecks so it looks very natural and flushed. It is warm and beautiful on. Don't let the color and pigmentation scare you.

UPDATE - I soooooooooo love this blush. I think it's my favorite from Nars. This morning I wore it with Laguna as a contour....it's just such a great color. It has such a natural healthy flush..just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by tutlitu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start with that this isn't the first blush you should buy if you haven't got any. It's is a bright red, extremely pigmented blush, that very possibly will make you look like you've got a bad case of sunburn.

It needs to be applied in very, very small amounts, and then carefully blended. If you do it right, you get a wonderful, flushed look, but if you overdo it (very easy to do), you look, yeah, very red. I barely wipe the blush brush in the blush, then wipe off the excess on my hand, and then apply the blush in light strokes, before I blend. It's long lasting, and if done right, you look great the rest of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oooo!!!! This one looks like a colour you would use at halloween, but really, it is a super flattering red that brightens up those little cheekies. Yes, you must have a light hand when applying, but once you figure out what brush you want to use (stippling, perhaps) and how much product you can use without looking like a clown, it will become your favourite face-brightening blush. I love it & will buy it again if i ever run out. An overall lovely, matte blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by NYMakeupJunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product just looks over the top in the pan, but an artist at Lord & Taylor suggested I try it with my signature red lip. She had very natural, minimalist make up and I was shocked that she wore this shade. She used a long hair fluffy blush brush to apply this to the apples of my cheeks, tapping the pan so lightly, and shaking off the excess on a tissue. This warmed me right up and looks a lot better than a bare cheek when wearing red lipstick. If applied with a light hand, this shade can work on a lot of skin tones, I was shocked and also thrilled to find a new beauty staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This blush interested me for a long time, and I'm SO glad I finally have it in my collection. For anyone frightened of the color in the pan, don't be! It's such a gorgeous, healthy, naturally flushed color on the cheeks. If properly applied that is. It can also be sunburnt if you go overboard. I apply it with a duo fiber stippling brush, or a fan brush to pick up as little product as possible. I touch the brush to the back of my hand to remove any excess, and sweep the color on my cheeks. This one pan will last me a lifetime considering how pigmented it is, but assuming I could ever use it up, yes I would repurchase in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by 11233

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As an artist who does a lot of portraits, I know that cadmium red is THE color that brings skin tone to life when painting. Exhibit A is cadmium red and yes, it has the same effect on real skin.

As others have noted, use soft brush and be careful when applying but color will make you look warm, alive and vibrant.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by LavenderPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

~DDD, neutral-to-warm w/ yellow undertones, MAC Matchmaster 8.5~

I know that many tout Taj Mahal as being THE absolutely-need-to-have NARS blush for people of color. I haven't experienced that one yet (it's on its way to my house as I type this, eee!), but let me introduce you to what I feel is a definite must-have for any complexion, especially my DDDs! I would have never thought this would be one of my go-to colors, but it's simply lovely.

NARS Exhibit A is a super intense, matte red blush. In regards to undertone, it definitely leans on the warmer side and could even be classified as a red-orange. Did I mention this sucker's intense?! It's so saturated with pigment both in the pan and during application that, if applied incorrectly, it can easily lead to the dread "clown cheek." However, this is honestly one of my favorite everyday blush colors! When used lightly it just adds a liveliness to my face that looks extremely natural, and the product melds so nicely with my skin that people think it IS natural. I seem to always get compliments on my skin while wearing this color :)

Now, there is such a thing as overpigmentation, but I wouldn't say Exhibit A falls under this category unless you use a heavy hand/brush. The brushes I like to use with Exhibit A are: the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, MAC 168, and Real Techniques Buffing Brush (from the Core Face Collection). I especially love the latter because its shape allows you to blend the color while applying, which allows for a more natural finish as well as prevents overapplication. For all of these I go about applying it the same way: 1) DAB (and I MEAN dab!) brush ONCE in EA, 2) tap brush on wrist (tap off excess) 3) stipple/tap along cheek toward outer edge of face, 4) blend, blend, blend! With the RT stipple I sometimes go in for a second round, but the other two usually pick up enough color in one tap.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Vlayra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Love love love this blush! It's wonderful. I use it almost everyday. It looks natural and healthy. It's very pigmented so you have to be careful or you will end like Heidi.