November 27, 2014 | 1283 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Shine Control Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueenstylebaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First all, it's really dewy and takes like 45-60 minutes for it to settle without setting powder on my skin. I didn't find any grains of glass or rice powder - yet - but it actually is really difficult to get onto my hand, and I'm scared of what would happen when i'm close to running out. The coverage is actually really good though, so possibly, I would repurchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by gracieb0912

I'm on day 2 of wearing this foundation. I washed my face as usual. Applied my loreal youth code moisterizer. Let it set then applied my neutragena rice complex primer. Once that was in good I applied my concealer and eye brightner pen. Then the foundation with my beauty blender. I don't like that it's not in a pump or squeeze bottle. That's my only dislike so far. I applied it at 3ish got home a little after 8. Like a loser I was asleep before 9. I fell asleep without washing it off. I woke up with minimal oil. Which is weird bc I'm total grease ball. It applied well. I didn't have any drying as others have mentioned. I used it again today. I was in a rush and didn't apply it the way I wanted to. I forgot to add my makeup forever HD finishing powder to finish it off. Although I do have the neutragena oil free translucent powder that I plan to use throughout the day if needed. So far so good. I'll review again in a few days to let y'all know if I would repurchase or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

This is a thick paste in a tiny hole with broken glass chips all in it lol That is literally the only way I can explain it properly. Could they not have ground up the rice protein BEFORE adding it to the foundation?! Just a thought :-) As far as shine control, yeah, that ain't happening! It's just gimmicky crap in a glass as far as I'm concerned. It went back to the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by veelui

too thick for my tastes, grainy like the primer. but it does control my oil and has good staying power. can be messy if not careful

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Lo1089

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about four days ago. I had been using a BB cream by Covergirl that I found out was basically their tinted moisturizer just repackaged and sold as a BB cream and was looking for better coverage. I went to Walgreens and was just trying to find something to get me by until I figured out what I really wanted. I have used Neutrogena in the past (Healthy Skin makeup) and was satisfied but with our change in weather here in Chicago, my skin had been getting really dried out and then my skin was over producing oil and I was a complete grease ball by 9am. I could not for the life of me remember what shade of the other makeup I had used before was so I took a chance on a lighter shade considering I haven't been in the sun and it's soon to be winter so I'll be as white as a ghost soon. The shade that I grabbed (buff 30) ended up being perfect. Didn't have any pink undertones, or making me look orangey. Even my boyfriend mentioned that my face looked great and matched my skin tone on my neck. An approval from the bf is always good. As far as the oil control- it's worked out well. I do end up becoming a little oily, but I work 12 hour days, so this means I'm a little shiny towards the end of my day. Not a big deal to me. As long as I'm not shiny by 9am, I'm happy. Coverage is great. I have freckles and large pores and this beautifully covers those. I'm left with very smooth, even coverage. Any redness from acne spots is also covered as well. I felt that it was a little gritty, which is fine. It didn't feel moisturizing in any way which I was use to from using their Healthy Skin makeup. But I'm assuming if you want oil control, more moisture from a makeup isn't what you need. I put on a moisturizer before to help balance my skin, and then put this makeup on after the lotion has settled, and it's flawless. All in all, I am very happy with this spur-of-the-moment purchase. As long as my skin has this need to over produce oil, I will be buying this makeup. If anything changes with my experience, I will be sure to update!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddicta

So I bought this foundation a week ago with high hopes it would give me a good coverup for my oily/dry skin and I was satisfied for the first half hour or so, now I say I'm extremely disappointed. Yes it did give a pretty good coverup, but the issue is the oil came back and to me it seems alot more than it usually does on my skin alone. This bothered me because I "supposably" bought a shine control foundation (which I paid 11.97 for) but it didn't do crap, if anything, it increased the oil! Plus, the formula seemed really grainy which annoyed me, but then again, it IS a rice complex formula so that explains it. The 3 things I liked was the thickness of the formula, not liquidy but definately not too thick and the coverup/brightening (it does take much blending to make it look great though.) So am I happy? No.

1.) Price was too expensive.
2.)Made skin oily and drier.3.) Sortof irritating smell

I will not be repurchasing this product unless the price went down to what it might actually be worth, then MAYBE I'll reconsider.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not the worst foundation that i have tried.. but far from the best. This foundation applies well, but towards the end of the day, my face just looks dried out, and yet somewhat oily at the same time. If you are looking for a good coverage foundation at the drugstore that works for oily skin, get Covergirl.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by zayntomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is by far the worst foundation I have ever purchased for my skin. I've got oily/ dry and sometimes it just gets really oily and shiny so I have to blot a lot. I got this product for $13 so I thought it would have been great because I've been using their skincare and makeup products for the longest and honestly I was so disappointed. It was really thick and it felt like I was wearing a cake. It was so hard for me to get out of the bottle. If anything it made my skin even more oily than it already is. Wouldn't recommend at all !

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Killviolet13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was not impressed. The formula was grainy. It actually scratched my skin when I would apply it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by starviolet01

having an oily t-zone I decided to give this foundation a try... pros: nice, buildable medium coverage initially a natural satin finish color matches me perfectly cons: DOES NOT control my oil! packaging is not ideal fades throughout the day as a whole this foundation doesnt live up to its shine free claim. perhaps if it wasnt marketed as this it wouldnt bother me as much. if u dobt have oily skin though you may consider trying this!