September 23, 2014 | 1050 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Shine Control Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddicta

So I bought this foundation a week ago with high hopes it would give me a good coverup for my oily/dry skin and I was satisfied for the first half hour or so, now I say I'm extremely disappointed. Yes it did give a pretty good coverup, but the issue is the oil came back and to me it seems alot more than it usually does on my skin alone. This bothered me because I "supposably" bought a shine control foundation (which I paid 11.97 for) but it didn't do crap, if anything, it increased the oil! Plus, the formula seemed really grainy which annoyed me, but then again, it IS a rice complex formula so that explains it. The 3 things I liked was the thickness of the formula, not liquidy but definately not too thick and the coverup/brightening (it does take much blending to make it look great though.) So am I happy? No.

1.) Price was too expensive.
2.)Made skin oily and drier.3.) Sortof irritating smell

I will not be repurchasing this product unless the price went down to what it might actually be worth, then MAYBE I'll reconsider.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not the worst foundation that i have tried.. but far from the best. This foundation applies well, but towards the end of the day, my face just looks dried out, and yet somewhat oily at the same time. If you are looking for a good coverage foundation at the drugstore that works for oily skin, get Covergirl.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by zayntomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is by far the worst foundation I have ever purchased for my skin. I've got oily/ dry and sometimes it just gets really oily and shiny so I have to blot a lot. I got this product for $13 so I thought it would have been great because I've been using their skincare and makeup products for the longest and honestly I was so disappointed. It was really thick and it felt like I was wearing a cake. It was so hard for me to get out of the bottle. If anything it made my skin even more oily than it already is. Wouldn't recommend at all !

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Killviolet13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was not impressed. The formula was grainy. It actually scratched my skin when I would apply it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by starviolet01

having an oily t-zone I decided to give this foundation a try... pros: nice, buildable medium coverage initially a natural satin finish color matches me perfectly cons: DOES NOT control my oil! packaging is not ideal fades throughout the day as a whole this foundation doesnt live up to its shine free claim. perhaps if it wasnt marketed as this it wouldnt bother me as much. if u dobt have oily skin though you may consider trying this!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Craftingal84

I so wanted to love this foundation. I have oily combo skin and was looking for a foundation that wasn't going to make me look like an oil slick in my T zones an hour after applying. Unfortunately, this did not do the trick for me. I felt more oily after applying this foundation than I did without any on. I did use a primer and setting powder and spray and still I was touching up an hour after application. For the cost of this, I was hoping for a better performance out of it. It did give great coverage though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by feistytinytoo

I wanted so badly to love this foundation but it's just weirdly not good for oily skin. In fact I think this would be fantastic on dry skin. It's also great if your skin is sensitive like mine as it didn't irritate at all and in fact felt a bit soothing but I'm afraid it does nothing to control oil, it left a lot of shine right at application even with a primer. The texture of it is great but they put it in a glass bottle with no spatula at least to get it out. Lucky my pinky is small enough to fit in. Otherwise if it just had the spatula I'd love the packaging. Glass is so much better than any other packaging. Bottom line this would be great for sensitive, dry skin with little to no acne. I will say though on a good less oily day once this stuff settled it looked lovely.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Disnep

I get some sample and I use it over a week. Do not like it at all. I feel it is more like a moose consistency. it doesn't keep me matte at all. I have to blot my face after only 2 hour. So disappointed and I
am glad I didn't buy it

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAndNatureByMe

i was looking for a nice matte foundation and when i saw the words shine control i obviously thought matte but it wasn't it made me look shiny and I'm not really oily and when i tried to apply it it didn't come out at all i had to dip the end of the brush to at least get none product out and it was grainy and there weren't much shades to choose if your a medium like me i got 60 and it was still too light which was a disappointment I wont buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Trealiana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was a nice idea to gear a makeup line towards those with oily skin, however, I found this product extremely disappointing. I bought both the finishing powder and liquid foundation - the powder was great, but unfortunately, the foundation, one dried, caked up and instead of looking like normal liquid foundation, looked more like I excessively applied colored talc powder to my face. It, and I at this point, were horrendous. I immediately returned the foundation and exchanged it for L'oreal True Match liquid foundation, which was much better. All in all, the only product worth buying (only on sale though) was the finishing powder.