July 31, 2014 | 2173 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Lipstick

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by msdee1224

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With all the hype I expected this product to perform much better then it has. Color - good, staying power - falls way short of the commercial promise. The first hour was the best for me, within 3 hours it looked like nothing. Packaging is poor as all you need to do is twist the end, any one can open it and touch the wand. Need a tamper-proof seal on it. Will stick to the competition that begins with "R" for my lip stain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I am reviewing Sheer Linen - a fabulous pinky mauved brown (slightly browner than their all time fave Fairest Nude) however the texture is a bit glossy/greasy for me and melts all over the place and gets in your hair (I am not a gloss fan) but still a lovely product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Had such high hopes after reading some raves here but it was a fail for me in terms of performance. I did choose a light pink and a light mauvy shade, maybe they are less pigmented? Nice packaging, and feels wonderfully velvety going on, My lips are not dry at all yet these lasted less than a half hour and left no stain at all. I felt cheated!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love these lipsticks. I have the shade "Merino Mauve" and its a perfect, nude - baby pink color. I was a bit skeptical about purchasing these because I did not enjoy the Revlon lip butters - found them to have little to no pigmentation and not moisturizing at all. But I took the plunge and decided to try this out and I am so glad I did.
First - the packaging is lovely & certainly feels high-end. It reminds me of the YSL lipsticks, I absolutely love the gold. Unlike the Revlon - which were silver with a cheap plastic cap.
This glides onto the lips like a creamy oil, almost. The best thing I could compare it to would be like taking a room-temperature stick of butter and applying it to the lips. The shade is pigmented and can be built up. VERY MOISTURIZING TOO!! It looks like i'm wearing a baby pink lip gloss, and the glossy finish it leaves makes my lips look pale pink and plump/lush. Mine also smells/tastes like a watermelon lollipop.

would repurchase! But i hate that these are like 7-8 dollars near me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Jglazee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in Blushing Sequin.I first saw this color on Barbara Palvin in my Allure Magazine. Like someone else said, I feel these are L'Oreals answer to the Revlon Lip Butters. The packaging is totally adorable and reminds me of the YSL lipstick packaging. Unlike the lip butters, these are more like a lip balms as they are much lighter and silkier, while the Lip Butters are more the a butter. These give medium coverage to my lips. These wear for about 3-4 hours. These are not the best drugstore lipsticks, but they are quite nice and I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by oldjuicythewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

The bright colors leave a nice stain but it's not a product for everyday wear simply because IT DRIES MY LIPS! Ow. Cracking lips after two days of wear and lots of reapplication. I won't repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, ended up throwing these out. They dried up my lips bad, and they sink into fine lines and I usually don't have that problem. Plus that packaging is just too fug. I like the concept and the colors and these really are a dupe for the Dior lipsticks but I'll stick to glosses, Liptars and regular lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Where have these been all my life!?!?!?
I tried the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm first and loved it. I normally stick to balms (Blistex, Chapstick...etc) and colored balms. Lipstick and lip gloss hate me. I usually don't like glosses because they're sticky. Lipsticks tend to be dry, they stick to dry parts of my lips, and then randomly wear off looking like crap (inner part of mouth has no lipstick outer ring has all the lipstick). It's not a pretty sight. So when I found this I thought of the balm version, how much I loved it and if I didn't like it I could return it. Well I guess I'll never return this. I bought this in 181 Sheer Linen and it's a hair lighter than my normal lip color. Looks pretty natural and nice on me. I do have to reapply this like a balm but it's worth it. It's a really creamy lipstick that doesn't cling to any dry spots on my lips. I don't feel an urge to put balm over this like I do with lipsticks. I cannot emphasize enough how much this is creamy and nice for lips. Unlike lipstick. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a non-drying lipstick.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by rosa2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

So I am not a real lipstick gal. I don't like how heavy they feel and how most of them dry out my lips. I then saw these and thought it might be better then Revlon lip butters(Which in my opinion is)
I got "Rose Taffeta" and its a very pretty sheer mauve rose/ very little brown to it color. I love how it glides on my lips and it doesn't feel heavy and wax like. It doesn't make my lips feel that moisturized for being a balm like lipstick but that's okay.
It doesn't dry out my lips or enhance dryness if its applied before lip moisturizer. I do love the look by itself or with lip balm underneath.
The bad part is it doesn't last very long at all but I don't mind applying it a couple times through the day because I like how it feels on my lips and how pretty the color is on me. For some reason with my olive/medium complexion I don't like a lot of colors on me but this was a win.
I did find it to be a little expensive for a drugstore lipstick/lip balm but I see this lasting me quite a while.
And I love the packaging because its very stylish. A long gold tube. I can use the case as a little mirror. Which is helpful at work because its not exactly professional to be pulling out my compact in the middle of the day to reapply. Sometimes I can just apply without because I can swipe my finger of my lips and easily remove any excess.
It's a definite buy again once I run out, because I love the color so much.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by ymfoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love these.
Incomparable to Revlon's lip butters, simply for the fact that I seem to be using these almost every day, unlike the Revlon balms which are collecting dust.

These glide on effortlessly, and provide moisturization long after they fade. They don't feel waxy but rather have a light buttery feeling.
The pigmentation is very good for a glossy balm, yet I can wear these over peeling or dry lips without it setting in the cracks. In fact, I usually wear these if my lips do look a bit chapped to create the illusion of hydrated lips and after an hour of wearing them, my lips seem to feel much better.
Good pigmentation yet thin consistency creates almost a plumping effect.

My favorite colours so far have been:
Silky Java: the perfect colour to accentuate Mauve coloured lips.
Rose Taffeta: very natural rosey pink
Fiery Veil: bright light-orangey red