Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

on 6/26/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I overall love the product itself. It really helps the discoloration in my skin and it doesn't feel Cakey at all. I have tons of bottles

on 6/23/2015 9:42:00 PM

I wanted to like this BB cream, I really did. I am a combination to dry skin I would say, and even this set with powder made me look so incredibly oily after a couple of hours. I wouldn't dare wear it longer than that because I know I would be an oily mess. I even tried it on completely bare skin and set it with powder and had the same results. It's very hot out so that could contribute to the oiliness of my skin, but bb creams are made for the summer months. I do love the physicians formula super bb cream. It has a lot better coverage and controls oil better. I will not be repurchasing this!

on 6/22/2015 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok so this product doesn't make my skin dry or make me break out and it covers pretty well...for the first few hours of the day. By the end of my school day, my face looks so gross if I don't use powder with it. It clings to my skin and my skin absorbs it and I just look gross by the time I get home. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty okay product just make sure you use a powder with it. I have used neutrogena mineral sheers loose powder foundation and clinique acne solutions powder makeup and both work amazing. So I recommend this product very very strongly just make sure you use powder with it and it's great

on 6/12/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love love love this product! Honestly one of the only products that will work with my skin and I've been using it since it first came out. Foundation and even other tinted moisturizers and bb creams always make my skin look cakey.. I also have a fine layer of peach fuzz on a lot of my face and the makeup always shows up but this blends right into my skin, it's definitely not heavy duty coverage but it blurs all the imperfections on my skins and really evens it out. Even though it's light coverage it really makes a huge difference. My sister's trying to get me onto more high end makeup products which is great but I definitely don't plan on replacing my maybelline bb cream anytime soon :)

on 6/11/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

COVER: This product barely covered any imperfections on my skin, my redness still shone through. The product clings to my dry skin horribly, and in-fact accentuates my under-eye circles. It gives me a greasy look to my face whilst also looking cakey on my skin! Also the lightest shade they had still seemed to be too dark for my face, so the colour choice is poor.

SMELL: This stuff smells disgusting! The smell of it alone put me off wanting to put it on my face, but I did and the results were below average. Leaves my face smelling horrible afterwards.

PACKAGING: Personally, I think the packaging dispenses too much product at one time, as the product itself is very runny and lightweight. The packaging also looks too cheap for me.

USES: Did not do A N Y T H I N G to my dry skin, did not even skin-tone, hydrate, cover imperfections. It did not do a single thing it promised.

OVERALL: Would not buy this product again! Actually bought it on a whim, looking for a lightweight product I could wear without looking caked in makeup, even for the price (which is reasonable) I would not buy this again. Totally not worth it for me!

on 6/10/2015 3:19:00 PM

I love this product!
After trying a garnier fructis BB cream that I hated, I was afraid of BB creams. I stumbled upon the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream at Ulta during one of Maybelline's BOGO 50% off sales, and figured why not.
The first time I tried this product, I was in love.
It covers great for a BB cream, lasts a considerable amount of time, and is extremely weightless.
Of course, I have dry skin, so it did not get greasy on my skin, but if you have oily skin, you may want to avoid it.
All in all, it's a holy grail for me. The only reasons it has 4 stars overall is the packaging creates for a lot of product dispensing at once, and even the lightest shade is too dark for my fair skin tone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my first dabbling into a BB cream (I'm aware this isn't a true BB though and more of a tinted moisturizer).
I have very pale skin with lots of freckles, and I prefer to not cover them up. This product has been great for me so far! In addition to being super pale, I have very dry skin too. I used to use powders only, and throughout the day my skin would dry out and I would have those gross bits of skin and chalky powder all over.
Now my skin care routine is to wash with Dr. Bronner's Castile soap and moisturize with Burt's Bees hand salve (yes, on my face. I have reviews for both of those products on here as well), then follow with the BB cream. I have somewhat of a dewy finish at first if I haven't been diligent about really rubbing the salve in, but sometimes I prefer to let it sit and just work its moisturizing magic before I do my makeup.
Some reviewers have said that this product made their face oily. It IS a moisturizer, so perhaps it isn't good for people who already have oily skin. Personally though I love it!
It has yet to break me out, and I have pretty sensitive skin. A big perk for me is the SPF 30, most makeups only have 15. If I'm going to have any chance of being out in the sun, I make sure to at least have sunscreen on my face if nowhere else, and this product does that for me.
The coverage isn't great, but that's what I love about it. Every light coverage foundation I've ever used (liquid and powder) has been far too much for my freckled skin. I was looking for something to even out the texture and provide just a little bit of a "finished" look. Freckled skin is a whole different animal compared to the people who have a single colored skin tone. There is no way you would get a natural look from a foundation in my experience. My favorite part of this is that it tones down any redness from the occasional breakout, making it easier to cover with concealer after this base.
I do use this as my "foundation" on a regular basis, although I apply it with my fingers like a moisturizer. It gives you the feeling of wearing something on days that you don't want to wear makeup (most people), but it is also my "full makeup foundation" for going out at night, weddings, etc.
The packaging is ok. The product might be a little runny for being in a stand up bottle. I have to tilt it quickly and awkwardly put the lid back on at an angle while trying to not spill the product in my hands. I'm not sure what other type of package would be good for this product though. A glass bottle like a liquid foundation wouldn't make sense, and a twist off pot would be a little silly too.

TL;DR
It works beautiful for freckled skin, if you're looking for the HG product you've been searching for all your life. Can't comment on how it works for "normal" skin types.
I give it 4/5 lippies overall simply because I have had good luck with this product, and haven't ventured to try other BB creams, so I can't compare. I may edit this review in the future if I decide to branch out.

on 6/8/2015 9:05:00 PM

i hate it, it's not good for combined skin, and also I have pimples after I use it during nights when I clean my face

on 6/5/2015 5:58:00 PM

The first time I used this, I thought it was a miracle product. It minimized my pores, gave decent coverage, and matched my skin tone perfectly. It required careful application, as it almost peeled if you used a sponge or your fingers, unless you were super light. But it totally broke me out!!!! I don't have the best skin, but it was pretty clear until I used this, and now it looks awful! As this was the only change I made to... anything, really, I have to assume that it was this product. I'm very disappointed.

on 6/4/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan... too thick for my likings and light was still pretty dark compared to other products classifcation of "light".
price is not worth it

youd get more out of bb cream by garnier!!!!