Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this. Was looking for a wearable, daytime red and I found it. I love matte red lipsticks for night but I wanted something that would be less maintenance and easier to touch up. Romantic is a perfect tomato red, which pulls slightly warm but not orangey. It's super easy to apply, doesn't feather, and does leave a nice hint of a reddish stain behind. "Just bitten" is a very appropriate name for this one. I like to retouch it every couple of hours for glossiness but I think the stain would stay for an hour or so longer if I didn't. Love the packaging too.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Really love this balmstain, itís a beautiful and very wearable neutral red, neither too pink or orange but just right. You can layer up for opacity or swipe some on for a flush of colour. Lasts about 3.5hr with light snacking and drinking then it wears away but the edges remain; this is not as bad as reapplication allows for easy blending into what was leftover from initial application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all, I love these stains in general. They're so awesome because they give you color with shine until the shine inevitably comes off and you're left with a legit stain. With that said, the color your lips get stained is going to be much lighter than the color you start with. Your lips will be kissed gently with color, not saturated. So if you're someone coming from the likes of Sephora or Stila lip stains (liquid lipsticks), then you'll be disappointed. I used to love stains like that until my lips decided to go all Mojave desert on me and looked disgusting after a couple hours. Now about the color, this red is definitely a bright, koolaid-esque shade. The stain ends up being like an orange-ish light red. It is really pretty but I personally don't like it on me. If you like the color, get it :)

My first red worn on my lips!! It does have a moisturizing effect on my lips. 1 single application is able to last me about 4 hours. I make it a point to re-apply every 4-5 hours to moisturise my lips. The only bad thing about this product is that the it is a little bulky as compared to a normal lipstick. Nonetheless, I will still continue to purchase this product for its colour-staying ability.

Will be trying out other colours soon!

Being on the darker side I was worried this would look a little weird on me bc I always thought fairer girls were only able to pull off a bright lip but this color makes me hush my mouth. I loved the way this looked on me as so did my friends who usually only see e in plum and berry tones.

I love this! So easy to use, great colour and I love the mint scent. Staying power isn't that great though. About 1-2hrs.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it!it very adaptable-worn over a red pencil(outline and fill-in using pencil)and follow with this terrific Balm Stain and you gave a perfect red lip!Used alone its a red gloss!Best of both worlds.

This is my current go-to red lip product; I've been wearing it several days a week.

Firstly, the Revlon Balm Stain formula is awesome. I love that there is a bit of a balmy feel to the product at first and that even as it wears away, a red stain remains. I typically drink a fair amount of coffee and water over the course of the day, and even through that, the color stays true. I'll touch up if I eat a meal, but I usually don't have to much. I will say that lately I've been wearing this with a primer to add extra staying power and to keep the color from feathering. (After a long day, I usually find that my favorite bold lipsticks feather, but I don't often wear a lip liner, so there's that.) This doesn't dry my lips out too much, but it's easy to apply a lip balm on top.

I also really like the crayon packaging. It makes the product super easy to apply -- I just line my lips and fill them in. The color is also beautiful, what I'd consider a true red. The packaging is an accurate reflection of the shade that will show up on your lips. As others have mentioned, the color is easy to build, so it doesn't have to be super opaque, but that does tend to be my favorite way to wear it.

Overall, it's a great product at an excellent price that I would definitely repurchase. Mine never leaves my purse.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

You could wear this as a sheer red or you could build it up to make it a bold red lip. It's super moisturizing and lasts all day.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I love this! I RIS, chose it on a whim and have been so surprised by how much I like it. It is the perfect red for my GGG/DDD skintone and it is sheer enough for a more natural look. I find that it lasts for a fair amount over my aquaphor (goes under everything due to a bad eczema outbreak this summer) and the color remains as a stain even after the initial moisture is gone. I can reapply the aquaphor over the remaining color to maintain the look. I saw one on ACW and ordered it to have two! One in the purse, one in the makeup bag...I have gotten compliments from strangers on this!