December 21, 2014 | 898 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by radnan16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You could wear this as a sheer red or you could build it up to make it a bold red lip. It's super moisturizing and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I RIS, chose it on a whim and have been so surprised by how much I like it. It is the perfect red for my GGG/DDD skintone and it is sheer enough for a more natural look. I find that it lasts for a fair amount over my aquaphor (goes under everything due to a bad eczema outbreak this summer) and the color remains as a stain even after the initial moisture is gone. I can reapply the aquaphor over the remaining color to maintain the look. I saw one on ACW and ordered it to have two! One in the purse, one in the makeup bag...I have gotten compliments from strangers on this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by expira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim, and have been pleased overall. Surprisingly so, in fact.

Pros:
*this is my absolute favorite product in terms of application. Easy to put on, no need to sharpen, gives a great glossy finish, can put on quickly when I'm on the go. I wish more products came out in this form, because wow.
*not a large color collection, but very pretty. This color in particular was a very natural-looking red (I have neutral coloring, FWIW).
*the quality for the price was excellent. I've tried a bunch of stains (Josie Maran, Tarte), and this is easily as good as theirs.

Cons
*Not much staying power, on me at least. I'm not sure what's wrong with my lips but almost NOTHING lasts more than an hour on me, save Mac Pro Longwear, and even that isn't guaranteed to last more than a few hours. This product did last a good few hours as long as I didn't drink or eat anything, including water.

Overall, I would definitely buy again. What a fun product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Favorite lip product of all time for reds. I'm going through a phase of bold lip colors (despite I have to wear nudes/pinks for work). I always pick a bold lip color whenever I'm heading out to meet friends or just running my own errands around the city area. I love this so much better than the Revlon Ultimate Suede lipstick in Finale which kind of sucks imo now.

It's a simply idiotproof product, it's basically a really pigmented lipstain with a teeny tiny bit of lipbalm properties. It is minty but no tingling or cooling effect. It doesn't dry out my lips which is a major plus because I hate dry cracking lips. It applies on smooth with great pigmentation but I love to build on the color for more intensity.

Romantic is a beautiful red, slightly leaning towards a warmer spectrum of reds which complements with my yellow undertones really well. I don't even need to use a red lipliner underneath because it will stain my lips red over the time. Fair warning, it does wear off a little during eating/drinking but I love the product so much that I don't mind whipping it out of my bag and touching up my lips after.

My friends said that they will never expect me to wear something so bold but they liked it on my lips! To me, it's a great compliment because this is a product that makes me step out of my comfort zone and be a little more bold and brave.

I do have to say, you can't just rely on this balmstain alone. It's best to have an actual lipbalm that you use regularly before using this product. I wouldn't say this is all that moisturising despite it doesn't dry out my lips.

I also like to use this balmstain as a base for bold lipsticks since this does stain my lips. What I would do for such steps: Regular lipbalm (I have a couple that I rotate around), Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic, let it sit for a while, best would be a a min or two, then blot off lightly, and apply the bold color with a brush. I love pairing these with my Maybelline Bold Matte lipsticks.

I would definitely repurchase this, and probably try out Rendezvous next time round because I love orange lip colors so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am very, very pleased with this product. There is nothing bad I can say about it. The color is really nice, a reddish-orange color (I was a little hesitant to buy this because it looks red and i was looking for a red-orange color but when i wear it it is actually red orange).

I have very dry lips that peel and flake and this doesn't emphasize that at all. I put chapstick on and then apply this. Then i let it sit for a few minutes and I blot it once or twice. After that, i have a nice stain that lasts for many hours and doesn't transfer onto anything. I am so impressed with how long it lasts. The smell is minty which is also nice. This isn't moisturizing but it also isn't drying. If you have dry lips i suggest you wear chapstick underneath. In terms of texture, it is kind of like a smooth wax.

I'm just starting out with pigmented lip products and i think this is a great beginners product for people who want to experiment with a red color. It looks like a nice natural red not some glaringly obvious color. The color is also buildable which is also nice.

I would definitely repurchase this if i did run out but i think this will last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Mimichat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ohhh god I am so glad I bought this shade! I already am in love with the Honey one but girl, this shade is no far behind! I always loved a good classic red lips look but I am not a huge fan of regular lipsticks - even if I have some I really like - cause I think they sometimes look too much on me or don't look good on my lips. But this crayon gives a nice red spirit to the lips - that can be even more build up - that achieves the bold red lips look without being too dramatic. Don't get me wrong, the dramatic look is amazing but if appropriated in my case. This crayon allows me to rock red lips anytime since it is just the right amount of red to not look overdo for day time. Regarding of the product itself, as the others just bitten kissable balm stain, it has a subtle fresh mint sent and goes on smooth - but not really shiny - without settling into the little imperfections of the lips (which is my major issue with some lipsticks) and therefore provides a quite amazing natural kinda look (not cakey like some might) to the lips even if it is not a neutral shade! It is not too dry to the lips, but as the stain remains for a long time, I like to reapply or put some lip balm later through the day or night. I also love the packaging and the crayon shape, which I think is funny and so convenient. Well, enough said, it is my HG red lipstick and recommend it to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Mariekehc

At first, I thought the product was kinda hard to apply, but after a few times applying it, it became really beautiful and easy to apply.

COLOR - It's really beautiful especially for someone with pale skin
HYDRATATION - It doesn't hydrate your lips that much so you shoudn't buy it thinking it is gonna make your lips fuller/healthier.
PRICE - It's kinda expensive for a balm but I got it for my birthday so I don't care ;p

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is just "meh". I was hoping for a product that would stay on long term without looking heavy. At first this product applies in a light red color, feels nice on the lips for about 15 minutes, then dries to a boring strawberry pink color. It does stain your lips, but it has a "worn off" look when it does. The more natural nude colors in this product look good.

Pros: smells minty
good packaging with "self sharpener" feature
Does not feel "gritty" or "sticky"

Cons: not true to color
Quickly dries to a matte, worn looking finish
Too drying for a "balm"
Too expensive for what you get

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by poopinpants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am half black and believe it or not this color looks beautiful but it looks like i ate a cherry popscicle xD it stains really well and last ALL DAY i love them so much great dupe for clinique chubbies. planning on getting crush soon <3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

OMG i love this so much!

This is actually used for my signature look which is retro and this is amazing! This stains my lips very and lasts forever but the only bad thing is that when it fades it leaves a lip line which i hate!