Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this recently because I disliked the Revlon Normal/Dry skin liquid foundation. When I opened the packaging I was hit with a terrible chemical scent. The coverage of this foundation is medium but don't try to go full because it will cake up and your wrinkle/pores will show up. It felt sticky on my skin. The only thing I liked was the texture of it. I don't think this product was worth the money. I thought from all the review that it would've been great, but it really wasn't.

So this foundation is super beautiful. It's a medium coverage easily build able to full coverage. Not cakey. Super flawless and even. I keep looking at my skin and thinking wow this is sooo flawless I don't even wanna take it off!!! I've worn this foundation many times and I find the best primer to wear under this is the maybelline blur and smooth primer!!! The foundation is kinda of sticky at first. But it sets and stays all day long!!! Give it a try you won't regret it!!!

I am so in love with this product that I just have to buy three shades of it!

At first, I bought the natural tan. Little did I know that the Natural Tan in the Colorstay Liquid line is so much lighter than the natural tan in the whipped creme line. The color shade guide that I used when I purchased this online was for the Colorstay Liquid. Note to buyers: refrain from doing this! The whipped creme line has a different shade guide.

So anyway, the natural tan was like 5 shades darker than my skin tone. I was desperate so I ended up using a very thin layer on my face and compensated for a lighter face powder. The finish is semi-matte and flawless. I love how smoothly it glides on my skin. I applied this first with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and then buffed it with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.

A few weeks later, I got my hands on a couple more shades-- warm golden and medium beige. I just can't get enough of this whipped creme foundation! I have not found the perfect shade for me so I do a little bit of bronzing for these lighter shades. For reference I am an NC 35 but Warm Golden still seems to be a tad light on my skin with pinkish undertones. I expected Warm Golden to be more yellowish.

This foundation gives me a medium to full coverage without feeling heavy on my skin. The price is a bit expensive but a little goes a long way! Definitely an all time love!

I have to say, this is a really, really good foundation. I just recently spent over $200.00 on hi-end foundations. I basically burned that $. Neither of them come close to giving me the coverage & length of stay during a day at work like the ColorStay Whipped Crème foundation does. It is honest to good foundation. I had gotten away from buying over the counter foundations & went to the hi-end brands. Now I am back. So glad I took the chance & tried this 1. it is really good foundation. Nice, heavy glass jar. Reasonably priced. Just good all around. it actually does, no kidding, stay on all day long. Doesn't bleed into my eyelids & cake like so many I've tried. Doesn't grab to my dry spots either. If you are looking for a new foundation, I totally say, "give this 1 a try".

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

HG FOUNDATION! I was using the revlon colorstay liquid foundation on buff for almost 2 years. The colour was too dark/yellow and the ivory in the liquid looked way to pink. I tried the ivory in the Colorstay whipped and I love this stuff!!! I recently tried 2 Maybelline foundations once this was gone and I hated them both and bought this one! It works wonders on my skin and stays a flat matte with my powder all day long! It is a little expensive for a drug store product, but it lasts me 4 months!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my HG foundation for a couple of years and then I got tired of it and went on a search for something different... However, I just recently picked it back up and HOLY COW I forgot just how much I love this stuff. It's light to medium coverage which is all I need for slight discoloration issues. The texture is so creamy and amazing. It goes onto your face like butter. I love it so much and I hate that I've wasted all this time without it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

No. Just no.

I got this a while ago and I tried to make it work so many times. It's super heavy and cakey (and I usually like full coverage foundations). It doesn't blend into your skin; it just sits on top of it. It basically feels like you're wearing a mask. You can feel yourself wearing it and since it never sets, your face feels really sticky.

The packaging sucks - it's super unhygienic and heavy. The foundation smells like strong paint too.

Terrible product. Cakey and accentuates pores like crazy.

It gets splotchy and clings to dry patches.

Unhygienic balky container doesn't help either.

I honestly hate to give this product a bad review but I do want to honest . I had high hopes for this foundation because a lot of people love this foundation and I love Revlon Colorstay foundation so I thought this foundation would be a great alternate. The color selection was only a few I think they have about 12 colors . I actually liked the packaging and price point. The texture was nice and it looks great on the skin but it does not last as long as Revlon Colorstay . It is not waterproof or sweat proof . I did not last 8 or 10 hours. I purchased it twice and will not purchase it again unless they change the formula. The price point would be good if it had the same staying power as Revlon Colorstay but it does not so I would pass on this but maybe you may have a different experience.

Yes, this foundation has pretty good medium coverage and staying power. It goes on smoothly and stays smooth without settling into lines or pores and I don't notice any oxidizing. I'm pretty fair and buff 150 suits me really well, the color range is quite nice.

You don't need a primer with this (it contains silicone though, if that matters to you) , and because of these things I know that some people will really love this foundation but I personally wouldn't repurchase it.

First, it smells like paint. Liquid lipsticks that smell like paint don't bother me and I frequently apply them and reach for them regularly. Yet this foundation just puts me off. Despite the seemingly easy application I rarely reach for it.

The container is large and heavy and glass: for some people that might seem really fancy and luxurious, but my only thought is that despite it being a one-and-done foundation I would never be able to bring this travelling as is.

Price: Drugstore foundations are getting pretty pricey, this one is no exception. I don't think its exorbitant or anything, but its pricey.

TL;DR: Not for me, but not bad. Packaging is large heavy and glass, price average for drugstore foundations, contains silicone, no primer needed, stay all day, medium coverage, doesn't settle or oxidize, smells like paint.