February 1, 2015 | 1127 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by NJCathi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a new foundation and instead of spending a fortune at Nordstrom or Sephora like I usually do, I decided to give the drugstore a try. I had used Revlon Age-Defying liquid years ago but it didn't really do the job. I bought the ColorStay Whipped Cream Makeup because it looked like a good bet for my dry skin coming into yet another cold winter in the Northeast.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that this foundation is perfect for my skin. The coverage is full which I like and it stays put all day. In addition, my skin stays flake-free throughout the day.

The jar is heavy glass which is not the best packaging but I transferred it to a small travel jar for my business trips and leave the glass at home. This week was 40% all Revlon at CVS so I purchased a second jar even though I am not even halfway through the first one. Definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Gadgeteer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried Colorstay liquid way back when Revlon first launched the line and it was a disaster for me. It dried almost too fast to work with and the finish was super matte. I never went near it again, despite the raves it gets on YouTube, until a co-worker's flawless face prompted me to ask about her foundation. I've never done that vefore, btw. I don't know how the liquid would work for me but the Whipped Creme is easy to work with and provides a finish that's near matte but not completely. it goes on easily with brush, sponge or fingers and it covers pores very well, even without a primer. I always use a setting spray so I can't say if that's why it looks as good as it does at day's end but it's still perfect when I take it off at night. Because the finish is near matte, using a blush with a hint of sparkle and bronzer in the usual places is necessary to bring dimension back to the face. A jar of this will always be on my makeup table from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Amberrrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I had been using Revlon produt for years. Initially I absolutely LOVED the Colorstay liquid foundation, until they changed the formula in around 2013? (FYI they changed the formula again recently with the Time Release Technology).

So, I live in Singapore - hot and humid all year round. Plus, I have oily and acne prone skin with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Not pretty.

I do notice that I get a better finish if I use my beauty blender to blend this product rather than with a stippling brush.

Pros:
Medium coverage, definitely not buildable to full for me.
Lasting power is quite good, but it does get oily around my nose area.
Doesn't get blotchy.
Doesn't break me out.
No strong smell in particular (I'm hate foundation with fragrances)

Cons:
The jar is very bulky and heavy
Doesn't fully cover my hyperpigmentation
Feels heavy on the skin if I layer it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have incredibly oily skin with large pores. And, no mattifier, foundation, powder, primer, setting spray, etc. has ever fully kept my oil at bay. With that said I have pretty reasonable expectations, and I must say that I do love this foundation.

I do have to blot on average once a day, but instead of using 3 oil-absorbing sheets, I just need one. I can honestly say that this foundation controls my oil so much better than other popular, oil-controlling foundations, like Estee Lauder's Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation. And, what I'm most excited about is that it does not oxidize -- a problem I have with so many foundations! I have large pores, so with almost all of my other foundations, in order for me to cover my pores up and keep them covered throughout the day, I have to really buff in my foundation; but, with this foundation, I can quickly apply it with either my fingers or a Beauty Blender and I am good to go! (I prefer the Beauty Blender because it's less of a mess.) Weirdly enough, this foundation gets better looking throughout the day and beautiful melds into the skin. And as the day progresses, instead of looking super matte it just looks like good, healthy skin. It's also medium coverage, but can be built easily to full coverage with about 2 layers. I've heard that this foundation is great without a primer, but putting on primer is second nature to me at this point, so I've never tried.

I'm NC 20-25 at MAC and I wear the shade 150 Buff.

Pros:
-Medium-to-full coverage and easy to build
-Great for oily skin
-Stays on all day and melds into the skin beautiful throughout the day
-Doesn't oxidize
-Great for covering up large pores
-Blendable

Cons:
-Packaging is a heavy, bulky, glass pot
-Taking out the product can be a bit a nuisance
-Color matching solely by looking at the product at the store is not reliable. Make sure to do some research online first!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by tiparing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had first tried this back in the hot Texas summer and it was no bueno.....but brought it out again now that it's winter(ish), and my oily skin gets dry and tight in the cold air. Wowsa - huge difference - it appears the epic fail in the summer was just my oil slick skin and not this product. This stuff lasts all day - if I don't touch my face, I don't have to powder at all (maybe my nose once.....). So far me likey.....new (winter) HG foundation?? Quite possibly. Like everyone else (haters) I have to say the packaging for this sucks royally - you don't get much for the price - and it's in a glass container that feels like you're lugging around a cement block. But unless it starts mysteriously breaking me out, Imma keep this going for the winter. Win!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm confused about this foundation. My skin tone is medium, maybe NC 25. I bought the shade 330 (true beige) in this and it was a bit dark but it was so moisturizing for my dry skin that I went back and got the 320 shade (warm golden) and it's a perfect match. But for some reason my dry skin feels drier and after 2 hours the dry patches start to show, and I'm not doing anything different. I don't know if I got a "bad one" maybe old the second time around but it doesn't feel the same as the first one at all. I am so disappointed because I really really loved this foundation but it was too dark on my face. It lasts a long time once is set, usually after a 9 hour shift my makeup is still intact and it gave me the dewy look I want. Too bad it was too dark for me and now the one that matches me doesn't feel the same. :-/
I will repurchase this though and maybe see if as I said I got one that was old or something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

One thing that I hate the most about this product is that is comes in a glass jar which is not biodegradable! It will sit in a landfill waaaaay long after I'm dead and people probably won't even need makeup by the time it degrades, because of transhumanism. Anyway.

It has a very rich and creamy texture, so it's more than easy to accidentally apply too much. So far, I have used a flat kabuki brush, my fingers, and an ecotools flat brush to apply this foundation. I think the ecotools flat brush has worked best for me so far.
It's like apply butter to my face. Both butter and this foundation have a greasy feel. You have to use a primer and a powder overtop to set this. I have naturally very dry skin and it doesn't help that I live in an all-year around desert region, but this foundation helps my skin feel moisturized while wearing it! It also blends flawlessly into my skin and it's very good at letting me use liquid bronzers and illuminators over top.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by darknessdarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Okay lemme start by saying this: I have NEVER, EVER, EVER in my like 10+ Years of wearing makeup ever had a foundation last as long on my skin as this. Never. I have oily, hormonal-acne ridden skin that also has large pores, reddish scars, and occasional dry patches. I can literally, if I do it right, go from 8AM-6PM without looking like a trashcan rolled in oil.

I mean, I really didn't think it was possible. I've tried many, many foundations. My go-to for a few years now has been True Match in W1, maybe W2 if I have a tan. Maybe. In this, I wear Buff/Chamois. It is a nice pale shade and blends out lighter than it looks in the jar. Ivory was far too pink for me. Buff has a yellowy undertone. I have tried some 'almost HE' brands like Clinique, but those too were a no-go.

I like the jar, BUT it is not a full ounce of foundation like most are sold as. .8, to be precise and I feel like for the price, the extra .2 would've been nice but at the same time, I love it SO much and I only ever buy it on sale at Rite Aid or Ulta, so it kind of evens out. I also dislike that the lid is plastic, but I'm just nit picking.

HINTS: DOOOO NOOOOOOTTTTTTT use a lot of this base!!! The first time I applied it, I used way, way, way too much. I looked like I was wearing a slick mask and it was awful. The trick to this is to 'dab' or 'tap,' if you will, the top of the foundation and then 'tap' it around your face. I start wth under my eyes and then go to forehead, etc. The texture is kinda gel-y...but like not pudding? But it's silky? I don't know, I've never used a foundation like this before it. True Match is very runny, and I was used to that but it never lasted more than about 2 hours before separating, 'lifting' from my skin and sinking into my pores. I tried to wear it the other day and was grossed out with myself in just a few hours.

The key, for me because i am oily and like very VERY full coverage, is to use a powder foundation on top. However, I am VERY light and careful when I do. Too much powder on top can make it appear mask like or strange. I use a damp blending sponge from RT and Physicians Formula pressed powder (not the mosaic, the speckly one) in Translucent Light. I don't sweep it on, I try to press it on gently in places like under my eyes and along my jaw, then will 'sweep' a little towards my neck to blend down and prevent weirdness. This gives me almost 100% coverage. Almost. If I have a particularly zit or a healing spot and it's very red, it does show through.

I love the way this foundation looks on my skin, but it looks best without a primer (weird, right?) and right after my moisturizer 'mattifies.' I used St. Ive's Collagen Elastin in the tub and it kind of soaks right into my skin and dries? but after that, this base will go on so beautifully. Again, for me. After three or so hours, it looks dewy and beautiful. I get shiny on my nose and between my brows still, but that's nothing a light dusting of loose powder won't fix (Usually the old lady smelling Coty brand. Idk why, I love it.)

The only Cons I see are the jar being less than an ounce, the crappy plastic lid, the lack of shades and that it does have some fragrance or something. The first few times I put it on, my eyes burned but now I have no problem at all. I do NOT think this would apply well with a blush, but it blends nice with a sponge. BUY THIS IF YOU SEE IT ON SALE. It runs for about $12-14 here and I can get it for like $9 if I find a good sale ad at Rite Aid or Ulta, or Ulta's coupons. It really is worth the $$ even not on sale! This is my new Holy Grail product. Actually my first I guess? I don't know, I just really love it. I kept talking about how pretty I felt to my boyfriend and he was like 'you've told me this like sixteen times already babe, I get it, makeup, yay.'

Other notes: I do not need to use concealer with it since i find it doesn't really blend well or adhere to each other? I typically get the coverage I need with this and the pressed powder. Again, use very light layers and build up if you can.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MirandaMMK

I have been through way too many different foundations and this is really great for combination skin and it works very well with my super dry areas just moisturizer first of course. it really doesn't come off it lasts forever it has very good coverage and isn't too thick or thin. my skin isn't bad for acne but I do cover my red cheeks and nose it's amazing just set with a powder. Good to go I only will get this for my foundation so they better not change it or discontinue lol

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by AmazingAnnie

my skin is acne prone and somewhat sensitive. I bought this in the color nude and thought it would a fantastic product because it was a hydrating foundation. Its okay not the best foundation. it kinda dries my skin out and it sticky. The amount in the bottle is very little. they don't fill it to the top like commercials or pictures portray. Maybe half. I give it a three. I would not recommend