August 2, 2014 | 1015 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by salzhu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought two of these products on sale in both 'honey' and 'adore' and i love both of them so much!

Honey is a mauvey, pink colour that is absolutely perfect for everyday wear. I thought adore was a deep red colour from its packaging but the colour was not quite as deep as i thought. It also has gold shimmers in it which i didn't really like as much (but its fine if you only apply one or two layers of the stain/balm). So I find myself reaching for honey more than adore.

The product itself is actually quite moisturising (not 100% like a lip balm, but pretty good) and it glides smoothly onto the lips. It really stays on for the whole day without having to reapply as it does actually stain the lips, which is great for lazy people like me.

Overall, i think this product may be the best lip product i have ever tried as it really does do everything it claims to. I would definitely repurchase it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by amourir

Absolutely LOVE this product! Makes my lips so soft, and the stain really lasts for hours! I need to get every shade - I currently have the Honey one and I am addicted. I use it almost every day, as it is simple to apply and goes with almost anything. The packaging could be better, but I honestly don't mind. I always find Revlon's pricing really reasonable for the quality of their products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by sylveirettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have seven shades of this range because I love it so much. My HG lip product, no doubt. They stay on and on and not drying.

The honey shade is the first, I repeat, the first lip product I have ever finished. This is the perfect pink for my skin (Asian, yellow undertone, NC25-30), and I never liked pinks on me until this heaven-sent lip stain.

On me it looks slightly mauve (I have quite pigmented lips) with very subtle brown, but still mostly pink. Really pretty. MLBB for most people but not on me though (still, it's a natural pink). Not that it's a bad thing, on the contrary, I really really like it! Very versatile for most makeup looks and the staying power is OUTSTANDING. I usually do my makeup at 6 AM and at 8 PM the color is still there. Faded, yes, but it leaves a really pretty stain underneath.

Pros:
- Versatile color, very natural pink
- Not drying though not overly hydrating
- The glossy effect is adequate (I don't like glosses on my lips, sticky and makes my full lips look so much bigger)
- Crazy staying power
- Minty smell which I find quite pleasant (and for you guys who don't like scented makeup products, no worries, it disappears in less than a minute)

Cons:
- Wish Revlon had more colors!
- The silver print of the product name on the packaging needs to be improved. Faded prints on makeup packagings don't look very appealing, you know, even more when you're out and want to reapply in front of strangers.

This is just perfect. Great formula, great price, great staying power. I'd go on a killing spree if Revlon ever discontinued this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this balm stain! Out of all of the ones I own, this one is by far my favorite. It's a lovely neutral shade, that adds a bit of colour, warmth, and shine to my lips. When I wear this I get people telling me my lips look so healthy! For such a light/nude/MLBB shade it leaves such a lovely stain! It lastes four hours on me, with an extra hour with the stain. It doesn't make my lips feel dry and tight. It feels like a light balm on the lips. It does have a strong peppermint scent, but it will go away after a few minutes if you dislike it. I personally love it! I'v worn it down to about half way!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by michelanicole

I recently purchased the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm in honey and I am really enjoying it. It goes on very sheer but has a great texture. The colour is a "my lip colour but better" type of colour, so it is great for everyday use. It is quite moisturizing however, I still put a lip balm underneath because of my very dry lips at this time. I think these are great dupes for the Clinique chubby sticks. I have a few but they are slightly pricey at about $20 I believe. So, I can buy two of the Revlon ones for the price of one Clinique chubby. I will be purchasing these in more colours very soon and would definatley repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by petitelove

Love, love, looove this product! From its cute "crayon" packaging to how build-able and lively the colour is, I will definitely be repurchasing this product once I run out. For $11, it isn't exactly dirt cheap, but is reasonably priced for how smooth the product applies onto your lips. Plus, it's true to its name "Balm Stain" since the honey colour of this product stains onto your lips usually after second use.

The one thing I'm not quite sure about, is why Revlon named this colour "Honey", since it's more of a deep mauve. Nevertheless, I can envision anybody to wear this colour since it totally fits an effortless look. (But to go a bit bolder, you can keep on building the colour to make it bright).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

Don't get the raves. I thought this would suit me but it does not particularly. Darker than the container suggests and drags on the lips so does not feel like a balm. I like these chunky lip pencils as a concept and have several from other brands, but I would not get this brand again. This cost 7.99 pounds in Boots. If you are UK based I would recommend the chunky pencil lip glosses from the Autograph range at Marks and Spencers, particularly the nude shade. They cost two pounds more but compared to the Revlon it is the difference between a glass of cava and a glass of champagne.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color - Aaaaaaaa (in a BAD way). Went on a LITTLE more bright pink than I was expecting but not too bad. Color was also more opaque than I expected. Color CHANGES though. I guess the stain is different than the balmy glossy part. The color then was bright Barbie pink. Ladies if you are over 30, do not buy. Not flattering.

Texture - very balmy and pleasant. Not too heavy. The initial balm that goes on is very much like lipstick. It will transfer to cup until it dries/wears off. Once this top layer wears off, lips are still stained with color.

Length of wear - does stay on. Even after eating but COLOR CHANGE is deal breaker for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by radnan16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a really nice mauve-pink color. It's an everyday lip color-super moisturizing and it lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ggalie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HOOOOOLY GRAIL. This product actually stains my lips - I can get through 2 whole meals without it starting to leave an outline around my lips. It looks great freshly applied, and although I donʻt think the product is meant to be moisturizing it definitely feels that way when first applied. I can use this product even when my lips are chapped, but I donʻt let too much dead skin accumulate so it doesnʻt settle into any crevaces on my lips.

I gave it a 3 for price because I currently live in East Asia, where American products get a steep price hike. I paid $13, and Iʻm already half out after using this for only a month and a half. However I do use it practically every day, and I would absolutely repurchase.