Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Squalane, BIS-Behenyl/Isostearyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triisostearin, Diisostearyl Malate, Cera Microcrystallina ((Microcrystalline Wax) Cire Microcristalline), Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyamide-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mentha Piperita ((Peppermint) Oil (Mentha Piperita Oil), Limonene, Sorbic Acid, May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Orange 5 (CI 45370), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)].

on 1/26/2015 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

These Balm Stains feel good on the lips. Honey is a pretty pinky-mauve that lasts a fair amount of time and leaves my lips soft and smooth. The only caveat is that the stain that is left behind is a little bright, but I'm pretty good about reapplying. I will try some other colors from this line because I do love how my lips feel after wearing it.

on 1/24/2015 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love the shade, it's a tad darker than a nude more of a warm muted mauve. These remind me a lot of Tarte's lip stains but at a fraction of the price. Like Tartes product this also has a bit of a minty scent/taste to it. I was torn between this shade and the lacquer balm in Coquette, but Coquette seemed like it might be too light. Wear is a bit better than a traditional lipstick, but it won't last all day. The formula is quite smooth and glides on lips pretty easily, but there does seem to be the potential to drag on dry lips.

on 1/23/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

If I could only have 1 lip product (aside from aquaphor), it would be this! Honey is a mauve neutral-toned deep pink. It's moisturizing and feel comfortable on the lips. It stays on for a good amount of time and of course the stain remains for at least 6 hours. You need to go out and get this!

This is a great product for the price. I have always liked the idea of lip stains but never the dry texture associated with them. The felt tip marker stains commonly would dry out in a couple weeks ending up in wasted product. I also could never find a lighter color that looked natural. I have a light skintone. Sephora would rate it 2R07, neutral/cool. "Nude" lip products are something I have a hard time with because my lips have a fair amount of natural pigment and I look strange when it veers too light or too warm. This color is sheer enough to look natural and actually is close to my lip color. I have tried on a hundred or so of these sticks from Clinique, Tarte, Stila, even Boots, NYC and Wet and Wild. Nothing comes close to this color. It goes on nicely, moisturizes, stays on a long time, is easy to apply and just looks plain nice which for 8 dollars is a great thing. The color went on a little darker on me then settled into my lip color. It's not nude in an Angelina Jolie sense. It's nude in a actual lip color way. It has neutral mauve undertones. I like it. I don't know about the other colors, they weren't what I was looking for. The product description is accurate, it is a balm stain.

on 1/22/2015 6:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I truly love this product. I own it in romantic (warm red), adore (brick red), crush (somewhat deep berry), and cherish (very pink).
Firstly, the product in general is the best! I wear it over lightly exfoliated, bare lips and it always hydrates them perfectly. It feels light on the lips, slightly creamy, but never goopy or sticky. I generally apply a moderate layer and let dry for 10 minutes. Then I lightly dab off the excess with a tissue and reapply a very light layer. After a few more minutes, it's completely dry and transfer resistent, and I truly do mean TRANSFER RESISTENT. It doesn't budge easily even through eating and drinking. It lasts for 5 to 6 hours before I need to reapply, even then, it's only a very light touch up. The product itself is decently pigmented, not sheer bit not quite opaque. It does not have the pigmentation of a lipstick so if that's what you're looking for, this is not the product for you. However, it does tend to layer well if you let it dry and blot between layers.
As for the colors romantic, crush and adore, they all have the same consistency. They have a decent amount of pigment, but are a bit more sheer than cherish, which is a bit more opaque. The first the shades are truly balm stains in my opinion. They stain wonderfully, which can removed with eye makeup remover. Cherish, on the other hand, is more creamy and opaque, more like a lipstick, almost chalky. It doesn't stain the lips quite like the darker colors. It does, however, dry nicely on the lips and does not transfer much thereafter. Unfortunately, cherish, due to its more lipstick-like consistency, settles into lines and has a tendency to exaggerate any dryness. The other three colors don't have this problem. Regardless, all shades are beautiful and universally flattering, in my opinion, due to their slight sheer-ness and ability to be applied heavily or lightly. However, I do have a slight preference for the darker colors due to the consistency.

on 1/10/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this stain is somewhat durable and long-lasting, but not as much as similar products revlon makes that are not advertised as a lip stain. it makes my lips feel very dry so i usually use it with lip balm. otherwise i really like this product.

on 1/9/2015 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My oh my, I am really loving this product. I watched reviews on YouTube of this before I purchased it, and I have to say that I am glad I did.
First of all, the packaging is just simple. It's nothing too fancy, which is okay because the product inside is pure perfection. When you apply it, it feels like a lip balm (hence the name of the product) and it's really moisturizing on the lips. I tend to get really dry lips and most of the time I will have to apply a lip balm before any lip product, but not this! It's amazing! And the colour/shade "honey" is beautiful. It's a mauve/pink, almost like a "my lips but better" sort of colour, and it definitely goes well with my fair skin tone. It's a colour that would also work well with all skin tones because it's one of those universal shades that compliments everyone and helps pull your entire face or makeup look together in one swipe. It's wonderful!
And the smell- PEPPERMINT! Ahh this is amazing and wonderful and I feel like I have fresher breath when I apply this because it's just really enticing as I apply my makeup and I feel like it's more fun and pleasurable, if that makes any sense.
The stain part of this lip stain lives up to its name. It's nice and lasts all day, but I like to reapply because it's just so darn good!
The ONLY thing about this is the price. I paid $9.99 CDN for this an did it while frowning. It's a simple tube that I paid ten bucks for (plus tax, too!) and I wasn't too impressed.
Overall, I love this and it will be an everyday staple because I like a classic nude but put together look. I like this!

on 12/31/2014 2:25:00 PM

This shade is the perfect every day lip. My lips are a darker mauve and thus makes them a better slightly pinker version. It has a bit of shine to it and its really easy to apply.

I love wearing this paired with the other balm stains in the line, it tones down the louder colors.

on 12/14/2014 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A nice natural color on me if a little dull, and I like the minty smell. However, after I use it each time, I find my lips drier than before. But it's a nice every day work color, so I'll finish it, but I won't get stains anymore.

on 11/30/2014 11:37:00 AM

PROS
* Color - versatile, healthy, your-lips-but-better
* Longevity - lasting color
* Packaging

CONS
* None!

This is one of those products/colors that everyone should have. I'm on my second tube and will continue to repurchase this as long as they keep making it!

Recommended for Medium Skin