November 27, 2014 | 1202 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Femmeboi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, I'm really pleasantly surprised. This is a beautiful, natural-looking lip color that is so wearable and appropriate for everyday use. Usually, these sorts of pale nude colors wash out my fair, Irish skin and make me look a little sick, but I may have found my perfect neutral. This is lovely-- a sweet neutral color that has rose pink undertones. It lights up my face, and makes my complexion look really healthy when I wear it. The type of lip color that doesn't look like I'm wearing lip color-- it just looks like I look good and have my shit together. I had already bought a Revlon Balm Stain in "Darling," and I love the color and formula on that one too. I'm so glad I gave honey a try! It has become a staple in my work / professional makeup arsenal.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my first Revlon Balm Stain. I tried various application techniques but I just cannot like this color. It turns out a very garish pink that's not flattering for my skintone. The stain it leaves behind, after 90% of its disappeared, is a more flattering color, though. It's on the drying side but I guess that's expected with a stain. It'd still like to try the other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by chaoi39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Balm Stain and I've bought six more (another tube of Honey, Adore, Lovesick, and the lacquer balm in Tease and Ingenue) because I love it so much!

Honey is a MLBB on me - it's a mauvey pink that's not too light nor too dark. However, as the shine fades away, it turns a medium rosey pink if applied heavily, which is still nice. The texture of Honey isn't heavy nor is it dragging when applied, and it feels like I just have lip balm on. I gave it four out of five because the color sometimes clashes with certain foundations, especially when I put on the L'Oreal Lumi Magique in N5 - Ick. I look ashy and washed out if both are paired! :(

I gave two lipsticks out of five when it comes to the price because it's too damn expensive here in the Philippines. It's Php575, which is around 13USD. I think it's only 10USD or less. Plus it's rare that we have discounted price on this product.

I like the packaging - very handbag friendly! I haven't experienced its cover popping off randomly, and I hope I never will.

Overall, this is my favorite lip balm/lipstick hybrid! Considering the raves found online, I'm guessing it's not just mine too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Raefit

I love this so much. The color looks great on my light medium ski tone. When I get tanned the lip color is so beautiful. Very moisturizing

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the worst lipsticks/lip pencils I have tried. Really, really dry, made my lips irritated. The color is also quiet bad, have to apply couple of times to get some ugly color.
I tried Honey and Cherish (had to buy them both as there are no open pencils and the color looked nice from outside) and then returned them both in an hour.
Canot compare to MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil that is fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kayparisfilm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Reviewed below, meant to rate a 3, so rating a 2 to even it out. Sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by jlxinle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon's balm stains are my favourites!

I got my balm stain from Watsons at SGD 18.90, reasonably priced for such a good product!

On days when I want to look really natural, I'd use the Just Bitten Kissable in Honey Douce. It moisturizes my lips well and stays on for a good couple of hours. It also has a little minty scent, in which I really like.

5/5 for this product, no complaints about this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

This color pulls more brown-purple on me upon application, but dries to a lovely and natural-looking rose. The balm component makes it easy to apply in a rush or without a mirror, and imparts a temporary peppermint sensation, which does sting or "bite" a little. The stain left behind wears comfortably, fades evenly, and lasts several hours and through meals. The retractable crayon is convenient for carrying with you and doesn't require a sharpener, but the plastic construction is lightweight and loose and the silver lettering rubs off quickly. I haven't had any problems with the product melting or the cap coming off in my bag.

I like Honey for layering under other brown-nudes and pinks. Most colors in the Just Bitten line seem too light or cool-toned to suit me, but for 10 I'm persuaded to try one of the reds next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a serious MLBB color on me. I am a NW20 with very dark brown hair and hazel eyes. This is a rosy color on my lips and at first I thought I don't see any color. Then I noticed yes its just slightly darker than my natural color and enhances them.

It leaves a great stain and wears for hours. Very natural for me and an everyday color.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these in three colours Crush, Charm and Honey.

Of the three shades only Crush works with my NC45 complexion and pigmented lips. Charm is super light and looks 'deathly' on pigmented lips. Honey goes on a lovely pinkish-brown nude but becomes a bright-ish pink stain. I don't mind the pink but the change in hue means I need to do much more upkeep on it e.g. a liner and gloss, which is annoying.

I purchased these hoping they'd be lasting colour without being drying and they don't work for that. Once the creamy application feel dries down I found these very uncomfortable to wear - more so than other stains. I have dry lips which can flake easily and these accentuate any rough spots. They will stay until removed in some sports and fade oddly in others so I have to continually retouch them.

I like the packaging, the price isn't bad and found them very easy to apply and I will use Honey and Crush until they run out but I wouldn't repurchase or recommend them.