July 31, 2014 | 1902 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by tweetytot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Really good volumizing mascara! I totally recommend! The wand is awesome, but i hate the shape

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Lalasmooch

The brush is really good. It spreads your lashes right out and gives volume, the brush is also really good at getting your tiny inner and outer lashes. It's not the best mascara I've ever used but for the low price I would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kathiekoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately I went from using Benefits They're Real to this so I was bound to be disappointed. I much prefer Maybellines other mascaras as I don't get much lengthening from this product nor much volume

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. I wear brownish black in the non waterproof formula. It gives me the look of soft, long fanned out lashes. Never any flakes (until it starts getting old) and I have repurchased 3 times. Finally something that actually does what it claims!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by solamewha97

My friend had let me use her mascara because I forget mine. After swiping the brush once over my lashes, I immediately fell in love. I will never stop repurchasing it and it is my all time favorite mascara. I really like the formula and brush and it doesn't really clump unless you add more than 3-4 coats. It flakes only after I get out of school so you have 7-8 hours of no flake. Maybelline has the best mascaras and this one is the best of them all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although I like this mascara, I can understand the negative reviews; it isn't for everyone. I feel like it's very hard to get people to agree on whether or not they like any mascara because people have different needs and preferences in terms of formula, brush, desired results, etc., so I'm getting to a point where I don't really give much thought to mascara reviews. I think, if I like it, great. If not, no biggie. I also feel like people tend to buy too much into the claims. Many mascaras, both high and low end, perform very similarly, and companies make far fetched claims about the effectiveness of their product (Too Faced even went as far as calling their latest mascara "Better Than Sex." Ahem, I think not).

Volume Express' The Major Plush claims to contain much less hard wax than the usual mascara, which leaves lashes feeling light (and plush) rather than stiff and crunchy. It's not a fancy mascara-- it will not give you the false lash look (I use other products for that). What it will give you is feathery light lashes and a fairly natural (though still done up) polished look. I have fairly long eyelashes already, but this adds additional length, and does not smudge or flake at the end of the day. I have it in Very Black- and it is just that, very black (basic rich black). Removal is easy--no need for scrubbing and tugging, which helps prevent lash loss. This is the primary reason I purchased this. The formula is on the wet side, much like other Maybelline mascaras, and yes, the brush is kinda flimsy (not my favorite, but it'll do), but I can apply multiple coats without getting clumps or stuck-together lashes. It's my everyday, basic mascara. It's affordable and does the job.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lizknowsbest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this mascara, I'm currently on my second tube.The brush is huge...I love it.The formula it a tiny weiny bit wet but if you wipe off the excess off in the bottle it applies nicely. It's also buildable with out clumping. I recommend trying it out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review of the new "Mega Plush Deep Velvets" which come in purple, blue and green. I didn't think it merited my starting a new category just for this. If anyone comes across this review before buying these coloured mascaras, let this be your warning.

I got the purple and the blue. There is absolutely NO colour when I put it on the lashes, whether on dry, bare lashes, or on top of black mascara. There is not even a hint of blue or purple. Unbelievable, because if you put the tip of the wand on your hand, sure enough it is blue or purple. On the lashes, it just looks like a rather ineffectual, almost useless plain light black mascara which does a barely adequate job of coverage.

Let's remember the stunning CoverGirl mascaras which came in colours a few years ago. I used the claret one as long as it existed - it was a fabulous, beautiful and subtle purple/brown, and gave a soft yet warm glow to the lashes. I miss it every day and hoped this would be almost as good. Nope!!!! I just don't get how it is even possible for a blue or purple creamy substance to look like absolutely nothing on the lashes. Not even the slightest HINT of colour. Yes, it does slightly lengthen and thicken the lashes. But not enough to feel even dressed. You have to add some other brand on top, to even leave the house.

Update: I used three coats of only the blue and took pictures: no hint of blue. I wore it all day and had a very natural look which made me look hideous, and there was some flaking. I guess this would be suitable for someone very young with naturally long lashes. No one else!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This wasn't the worst mascara I've ever used. But it isn't that great. Heck, it isn't even that good. It clumps and flakes within a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara. Although, the flimsy/flexible wand is something to get used to. This makes my lashes nice and full without looking dry or cakey. Does exactly what I expected.