September 1, 2014 | 1950 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorstay LipColor

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by lizzym22

Revlon has really taken my breath away with this lipstick. The formula of the Revlon Colorstay Lipcolors are amazing, and remind me of MAC's cremesheen formula's. They apply so easily, so smooth and long lasting. The lipcolor in red is my favorite! If you're looking for the perfect red lip and looking for a cheap alternative this is definitely a product you should look into. It's an amazing product!!!! Lovee! Definitely going to buy all of them!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by moggi

When Colorstay lipsticks first came out, around the early 90s, they were dry and cakey and smelled awful. But since then, they have improved a great deal. They go on smoothly and don't have that dry feeling. The scent is hardly noticeable. The colors are nice; I especially like the ones with a little bit of shine. I wish they had not changed the packaging, though. The clear top allows you to see the colors without opening the tube. But I thought the old design, with the skinny tube, was easier to handle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by hemmerlyv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love all of these! I tried the sheer and the regular and love them both. They last all day and they don't wear off, I have to use makeup remover at the end of the day to remove the color. The sheers are not too sheer, they still have color. The little glitters in the top coat do not show up as glitter! It's very soft shimmer. I love every color I bought.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by teknoturtl

I purchased Natural Cashmere on a whim when it was on sale, and right now this is my favorite lipstick. It looks very natural, and I can apply this lipstick easily, without blotting or layering or anything like that. It stayed put all morning (no eating or drinking though), and still looked as good as the moment I put it on. I normally do not wear lipstick, but I am so happy with this product that I would like to get more in different shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, I can still be surprised....who knew? I'm ready to travel halfway across the country, and stepped into a drugstore today looking for a reasonable lipstick that won't kill me to lose if I get separated from my luggage. I stumbled upon a Revlon BOGO free deal and said, why not? I chose Mocha Silk, along with the ColorStay oil-free foundation, took my toys home and began to play.

Let me be clear: I have my "cheap thrills" like anyone else, but I generally don't invest in a lot of drugstore makeup. But--already pleased that I'd gotten the lipstick for nothing--I was not prepared for my own reaction after I put it on. This little delight puts some of my high-end lipcolors to shame. I like a full-coverage, creamy lipstick with good body and good color payoff. This fills the bill, and then some. The last ColorStay lip product I tried, some years ago, left my lips dry and uncomfortable. Not this one; it's smooth and soothing to apply, extremely well-pigmented, with an ever-so-slight tack to it (which I like, so that I know it's still on). One application went through a considerably large cup of coffee, left my lips feeling soft and smooth, well-hydrated and still pigmented.

My one problem is: I have to find another lipstick to take on my flight--I don't want to lose this one, either. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Natural Cashmere and it looks great with my PPP skintone! Looks like MLBB! I recommend this shade for any very fair skinned girls! It lasts pretty long, even through eating. The only time it really wears off is if DF kisses me too much lol. I'll repurchase once I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2009 5:39:00 AM More reviews by hayleythomson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product because it does what it says it will do - stays put.

I find you have two choices with lipstick, either: moisturising, feels nice to wear, like a balm but wears off very quickly OR color lasts a long time, but feels dry. I have never found a long lasting lipstick that feels moisturising, or a lipstick that lasts that doesn't feel drying.

So I knew to expect dryness when I purchased this, and it wasn't nearly as bad as some others I'd tried (Maybelline in particular). It really does stay on, and the shade I have 290 - Heavenly Mauve is beautiful. I'm PPP with dark hair and cool undertones, and it looks great. I found that with this shade the sticker is the same as the end result, but couldn't comment for other shades.

For me this is a daily staple, I put it on when I get to the office and don't worry about it all. I just apply balm when it feels a bit dry, but my colour stay put. I don't use it at the weekends as it is a more a 'look presentable then forget about it' lipstick than a HG which makes me feel amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ajababy

love the red one !!!! smooth & long lasting

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by leprechauns

I buy the colorstay lip color over and over and over again! It stays on ALL day. I put it on at 9 am and don't EVER reapply and I have to scrub to take it off at night!

Being a redhead I got for neutrals and I love the Bare Maximum color although the packing might show it to be a bit darker than it actually goes on. Also my pink undertones help down play the orange tint to it. The next color over though always comes off too pink for me.

My complaints are that Revlon doesn't make this product in enough shades! Also if you think it's wearing thin at the end of the day and are going back out for the night...if you reapply it can get a little gross for lack of better description. It just seems to clump up.

I love that at 3 pm I can put on chapstick over it and it's like a fresh glossy coat!

And I especially love that Revlon puts it on sale every quarter with "buy one get one free" at the local drugstores. The only thing is, this product DOES tend to expire quicker than other lipsticks if you open it. After about 2 months (yes one bottle can last that long since you only put it on once a day!), it starts to get a little gunky (like old mascara almost).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this lipstick for years. It stays on all day and looks natural. I found that when I blot my lips with a tissue before it dries it looks best. I don't use the gloss either.