October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Charm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: pastel coral (turns into a bright coral pink)

Pros

- moisturizing
- long wearing
- stains lips a pretty color

Cons

- not a lot of product

Comments: I love the color I get once this stains my lips! It starts off looking like Maybelline's Coral Ambition (color whisper, very pastel) and quickly turns into a brighter shade of a pink coral. So pretty! It reminds me a lot of NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Nude Peach and they layer perfectly together, as well. Love the minty scent, too. Will be getting backups of this one!

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by bertrambabe

Great non drying lip stain! the purpley color looks great on my NC-30 olive skin. I actually use this as blush and lipstick! As a blush, it leaves a nice sheeny glow on your cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I swapped for this, after reading the reviews. I was really surprised by how nude it actually goes on. I am NW20 with lightly pigmented lips, and this goes on a soft, peachy nude for me. Once the balm has worn off, and I can no longer feel it, I get a really flattering rosy-peach stain that lasts a good while. If I layer the pencil again once the stain has set, I get an even longer lasting, stronger colored stain.
The slight minty scent reminds me of Tarte's but not as strong. I would love to try other colors, will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's times like these where I ask myself why I didn't consult MUA before buying...oh well. So I bought this mistakenly thinking that I would actually get a color similar to the color of the tube - a corally peach. I ended up having to swipe this back and forth on my lips at least twenty times in order to get any sort of color to show up, and when it did, it just made my lips an unflattering milky shade that made me look ill. And when I wiped it off, it had stained my lips a ridiculously bright orangey red color that wouldn't come off even with makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by amandamorgan

I love the revlon kissable balm stains. I have lovesick, and I adore it. This is a wearable everyday nude-peach. It's not as pigmented as the other balm stains I've tried. I wish the lasting powder was also longer. I like it though. Not a must have, but if you really like the kissable balm stains I suggest getting this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by shinycat1

I am so angry at myself for buying this product. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the Revlon balm stains. I own and am in love with five- rendezvous, romantic, adore, crush, & honey.

I wanted the pinkish nude that everyone here is talking about, but for some odd reason this thing turns milky WHITE on me. It's strange as hell because i haven't read reviews that indicate so. I'm light skinned, have fairly pinkish lips and it turns into a frosty shade of white. No pink or coral tint that others have experienced. Just an insanely milky, SLIGHT peach-frosty white.

It's absolutely dreadful because it makes me look like a corpse. I'm nc 20 with black hair for color reference.
If course this is entirely my experience so please don't let this review hinder you, I might have gotten a dud or it simply doesn't work on me. Either way, I am angry at myself for buying this at target where I cannot return it at all.

EDIT: 4.25.2013

I've had his product for a while now and yes I initially hated it but I've played around with the application quite a bit & have fallen in love with it. I realize that when I wrote the review above, I was so upset with the outcome that I quickly wrote a disapproving review.

This stuff is perfect. It's milky alright, but after some time it delivers this pinky-peachy shade that looks so angelic. I don't know how else to describe it other than angelic and sweet looking. After a few hours, it leaves a somewhat orange-pink stain like a really pretty coral. I love it so much... Specially if paired with a bit of bright red in between your lips for that gradual lip color look. So pretty!

My advice? Give it a few hours to experience the colors the balm stain produces.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's hard to predict with this one because for some people, it ends up a beautiful coral, for some it just turns into an annoying orange shade. In my NC15-20 skin, it applies very nude—almost like concealer lips—and then dries down to a peach/coral stain that looks a lot like MAC Razzedazzler lipstick. Pretty but not my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by MayOne35

I love the entire Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain line and picked this color up last night on a whim. I thought it would be a light coral, but when I opened it to put it on this morning I was shocked that in the tube it looks like some pale frosted color out of the sixties. But I figured - what the heck and put it on knowing I could take if off if I hated it. Finished getting ready and totally forgot about it until I did a last minute check before heading out the door.
BEAUTIFUL!
I guess it warmed up once it was on and looks like MLBB. More pink that I expected, but more natural looking on me that the pale pinkish colors in this line.
My new favorite!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

this burns and peels my lips like nothing else I don't think it's the peppermint flavour that does it though, more like the stain it leaves afterwards the dye seems to dry out my lips just like the Just bitten markers did. I don't really care for the shade it gives either, the range is quite limited for neutrals as most are pinks plums and reds, the initial color is similar to Lip Butter in creamsicle a pale milky orangey nude pink and within minutes turns more neon peachy and the stain it leaves is a bright pink which doesn't look attractive on me at all. Neat concept just not a great product. Highly irritating on the lip couldn't wait to remove.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by amandapleez

I'm not really a lipstick kind of girl, I usually just use Burt's Bees chap stick. I bought this because I have a small scar on my upper lip and wanted to cover it up but still look natural. I love this, it's perfect for me. Charm is kind of a nude/coral shade that looks just a tiny bit brighter than my normal shade. It goes on like a creamy lip liner and stays on pretty well. Not quite as well as the felt tip marker style just bitten stains, but I much prefer the soft texture of this balm stain. I also have it in Darling which is a cooler light pinky purple shade. I just got these light ones because I only wanted subtle color. I wear get the best look when I exfoliate first and apply a thin layer of chap stick as this by itself is not moisturizing enough for me. Still I love them!