April 17, 2014 | 938 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Darling

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Rosey/mauve color. Didn't care for it on me. Probably would look lovely on most people

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In the summer when my skin was slightly darker this colour looked somewhat silly, it was a milky violet purple that looked unnatural and perhaps like something that Niki Manage or a twelve year old would proudly sport. I still had high hopes for it though, and my inkling was correct.
It lasts a decent amount of time on the lips, when it looses its slip, colour remains for quite some time. I would not say this is a stain persay as the colour it 'stains' your lips does fade out and is not nearly as pigmented as when first applied. I would say this is more like a long lasting lip balm - minus the stain bit. The texture is nice, I don't mind the minty smell as it is not overpowering and dissipates pretty quickly. I kinda like the slight tingling or cold sensation if gives your lips when first applied. I have always had a soft spot for minty products like this. The old Burts Bees lipsticks (yup, they had lip sticks back in the day) had a similar feel.
Now that it is winter and my skin is back to its pasty paper white, bordering on sickly self, I love this colour! So long purple, it now looks like a cool toned milky fruit punch-like colour. Imagine you drank fruit punch then applied a milky semi-transparent baby pink lipstick on top. Still unnatural looking as it was when I tried in the summer, but not in a ghastly way now that I have no sight of a tan. This is not one of those My Lips But Better shades. I think it pairs nicely with my black hair and fair complexion. I think I must be fairly neutral in tone as I can wear this colour quite well but I can also wear warm shades just as easily. I quite like this shade as finding a cool toned pink that does not look insane or scream "this product came for free in the box with my latest Barbie" has proven to be a challenge. I do need to pair this with an equally blue based blush otherwise I dont like the effect nearly as much. This colour makes me happy, I wear this with a heavy dosing of dark mascara and a BB cream and I feel I can take over the planet, much like the effect of high heals on some women or a pre-teen's first lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by SweetDemonic

Right now Darling has to be my favorite. I love it it's like a light purple/pink. My skin tone is pretty light so lighter lip colors look better on me. It's a pretty everyday kinda lip color :) anyone can wear it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by RoogleTash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Darling on me is like a soft purple/pink - it is more purple toned than cherish which is what I was after, colour glides on real easy and is very buildable. I also have this balm stain in the 'smitten' colour and am very happy with both!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Speculation

I purchased this product first in Cherish then watched a couple reviews of them on YouTube and had to pick up darling as the color is not what the packaging suggests. This formula is fantastic has staying power and doesn't dry out your lips the color is really pretty its soft but fades into a stain that is your lip color but better I didn't get a fuscia color at all it was more of a pretty pink very wearable. I am an NW25 and with blond hair and its a beautiful color on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the Balm Stains, but the only thing about this one I couldn't tolerate was the color. My skin is very pale, pink-toned ivory, and I found that I could actually pull it off, but it was SO blue toned I wasn't comfortable wearing it. It's pretty much a full-blown lavender to me, which isn't something I like having on my lips (or even on my cheeks). It was eye catching, even with a moderate application - just not my favorite color in the range. (Honey & Rendezvous are my favorite, and I am lately enjoying Romantic and Sweetheart.) Since it's just a color issue, I only take off 2 lippies - I dig the formula well enough and don't mind having to layer it on since the balm is kind of hard.

Oh, and I recommend applying balm *after* this, rather than before like you would with a lipstick that's drying. If you apply balm before, this won't last you more than an hour or two tops. Giving it a few minutes to set and then applying gloss or balm helps lock it in. I actually enjoy layering a thin application of a correlating lipstick on top of this balm stains for longevity.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

Please read the negative reviews of this product. All of them seem to be for pale, cool-toned girls who wanted to see the lilac shade on their lips, but ended up getting a bright berry-stain fuchsia instead. For me, this formula also stained unevenly. Not flattering at all. I do love this product line, but this shade is for girls with darker skin who look good in a dark fuchsia that looks like you just ate a berry pie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a certifiable lip stain junkie (Aura, Morpho, Vincent Longo, Laura Mercier, Nars, Liptini, and MAC), I have a positively sinful number of lipstains. I l-o-o-o-v-e them and after finding the Aura Scarlet and Liptini Framboise, I thought I was set for life. But these darn little Revlons kept tempting me and one day I broke down and bought this on an impulse. Surprise! I really love it! I went back the next day and bought two more and them a week later bought another four! I love how you can actually use these without a mirror. They can be layered and they fade evenly. Fabulous price point. I love these so much more than the Lip Butters, which for me, are gone within 1/2 hour. The Balm Stains last around 3 hours and on some of them, I like them more at the end than the beginning. I top them with a gloss. One thing that I have noticed is that they do not have a great range of intensity - it doesn't range from a lighter tone/intensity to a deeper one. On a scale of light, they would all be in the middle, regardless of hue. I am a fairly light girl and Darling is a cool tinted color, just perfect. This one and the pinks remind me of 60's colors, kicky and happy. I hope these are here to stay...as the current owner of 7 of them, I don't expect to run out very quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like all of the other pale shades from the Balm Stain line Darling is problematic! Like Charm and Precious, Darling is waxier, lower in pigmentation and has no staining effect. Life other reviewers have said, Darling also has the tendency to change colors- occasionally I'll wear it, and it'll be a pale, milky lilac (with no staining effect!) and sometimes it'll change to a bright fuschia (with great staining!). If you're looking to buy a lilac shade, I'd recommend Revlon lip butter in Gumdrop or L'oreal Rouge Caresse Violet Chiffon (oddly enough, this one also can turn fuschia!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I love this product you can do a light layer or go a little thicker for a more pronouced llavender i don't know what up with all the comments saying this looks fuchsia I guess it depends on your lips natural pigment but on me (pale/brown hair) it's a pure lavender color maybe that why they say fuchsia.I love this color it makes you look so modern and fashionable.

If you don't like mint the smell of these will so annoy you way too minty!