November 23, 2014 | 1933 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Darling

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

UPDATE: All my Balm Stains and Lip Butters are getting tossed, as they cause tiny pimples/blackheads on my lipline. Invariably by the end of the day when I wear these. Bizarre, and no thank you!

For me -- very cool-toned, fair skin, and pigmented lips -- this is the most wearable of these Balm Stains that I've tried. Initially, it applies as a blue-undertone, lavender pink -- do not bother if you don't like very cool tones. The stain is a deeper pink, but still similarly toned, so it's easy to wear. It doesn't get too overwhelming if you reapply once the balm wears off, though I usually apply a non-staining balm or gloss instead.

I like the wear of this product -- the feel of the balm is nice, and the stain is good without being over the top.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Suli8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely lip product. First, the packaging is great, in a pencil form that you need not to sharpen. Easily fits in your purse/bag. Smells like peppermint, which I like! It smells fresh. This colour is nice, I find that it's a purple/pink colour. But the less you apply the pinkier it looks and obviously the more you apply the colour gets more intense. So it's very build able. I find that on me, when I go over my lips a couple of times to achieve max colour, it turns almost a fuchsia pink, but it does have purple in it. But I like it. It's not actually a stain at all for me... if it does stain my lips its ever so slightly and its not with a purple tinge, its like a pinky red, but I'm not sure... my lips just get red a lot of the times from rubbing the product on them so much.. but they don't feel sore or anything so perhaps it is a slight stain. But either way I can't agree with the stain part that much, but other than that it's a nice product. I find it's not drying or anything like that, the colour is nice, you can definitely tell that it's a purpley shade, although I find its a lot on the wearable side.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by bethywoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This a amazing product and I would love to purchase more but I don't think the colour selection offers more colours that I will love as much as this one, it offers a beautiful light purple and the colour intensity can be what ever is preferred depending on the pressure is you apply the retractable pencil with, it stains only slightly because it is a light shade from the collection which is to be suspected and I imagine it the darker shades stain better. The title says 'balm' although it isn't as moisturizing as you may think, I must say it is the least drying stain I have ever tried and that may be why I love it so much although the title suggests that it is comparable to a lip balms but it is not as nourishing however with this all in mind I looked this so much and shall repurchase once it run some out, there is a limited amount of product in the packaging but I believe it shall last a while, overall I would recommend this! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I bought this the other day and they didn't have a tester so I picked this and hoped for the best.
My lips are pretty pigmented so it just shows up as a light lilac on me. I do like the colour and I do find it stains after the balm wears off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Rosey/mauve color. Didn't care for it on me. Probably would look lovely on most people

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In the summer when my skin was slightly darker this colour looked somewhat silly, it was a milky violet purple that looked unnatural and perhaps like something that Niki Manage or a twelve year old would proudly sport. I still had high hopes for it though, and my inkling was correct.
It lasts a decent amount of time on the lips, when it looses its slip, colour remains for quite some time. I would not say this is a stain persay as the colour it 'stains' your lips does fade out and is not nearly as pigmented as when first applied. I would say this is more like a long lasting lip balm - minus the stain bit. The texture is nice, I don't mind the minty smell as it is not overpowering and dissipates pretty quickly. I kinda like the slight tingling or cold sensation if gives your lips when first applied. I have always had a soft spot for minty products like this. The old Burts Bees lipsticks (yup, they had lip sticks back in the day) had a similar feel.
Now that it is winter and my skin is back to its pasty paper white, bordering on sickly self, I love this colour! So long purple, it now looks like a cool toned milky fruit punch-like colour. Imagine you drank fruit punch then applied a milky semi-transparent baby pink lipstick on top. Still unnatural looking as it was when I tried in the summer, but not in a ghastly way now that I have no sight of a tan. This is not one of those My Lips But Better shades. I think it pairs nicely with my black hair and fair complexion. I think I must be fairly neutral in tone as I can wear this colour quite well but I can also wear warm shades just as easily. I quite like this shade as finding a cool toned pink that does not look insane or scream "this product came for free in the box with my latest Barbie" has proven to be a challenge. I do need to pair this with an equally blue based blush otherwise I dont like the effect nearly as much. This colour makes me happy, I wear this with a heavy dosing of dark mascara and a BB cream and I feel I can take over the planet, much like the effect of high heals on some women or a pre-teen's first lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by SweetDemonic

Right now Darling has to be my favorite. I love it it's like a light purple/pink. My skin tone is pretty light so lighter lip colors look better on me. It's a pretty everyday kinda lip color :) anyone can wear it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by RoogleTash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Darling on me is like a soft purple/pink - it is more purple toned than cherish which is what I was after, colour glides on real easy and is very buildable. I also have this balm stain in the 'smitten' colour and am very happy with both!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Speculation

I purchased this product first in Cherish then watched a couple reviews of them on YouTube and had to pick up darling as the color is not what the packaging suggests. This formula is fantastic has staying power and doesn't dry out your lips the color is really pretty its soft but fades into a stain that is your lip color but better I didn't get a fuscia color at all it was more of a pretty pink very wearable. I am an NW25 and with blond hair and its a beautiful color on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the Balm Stains, but the only thing about this one I couldn't tolerate was the color. My skin is very pale, pink-toned ivory, and I found that I could actually pull it off, but it was SO blue toned I wasn't comfortable wearing it. It's pretty much a full-blown lavender to me, which isn't something I like having on my lips (or even on my cheeks). It was eye catching, even with a moderate application - just not my favorite color in the range. (Honey & Rendezvous are my favorite, and I am lately enjoying Romantic and Sweetheart.) Since it's just a color issue, I only take off 2 lippies - I dig the formula well enough and don't mind having to layer it on since the balm is kind of hard.

Oh, and I recommend applying balm *after* this, rather than before like you would with a lipstick that's drying. If you apply balm before, this won't last you more than an hour or two tops. Giving it a few minutes to set and then applying gloss or balm helps lock it in. I actually enjoy layering a thin application of a correlating lipstick on top of this balm stains for longevity.