Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 3/21/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This brush is absolutely amazing! It's dense and soft and is brilliant for both liquid and powder foundations. I prefer using this brush with my powder foundations over using my MAC Kabuki brush! However it still blends liquid foundations perfectly and this has so far been the best product for me to use with my MAC Prolongwear foundation and L'Oreal Infallible. The shape is really great too and helps to get products around the nose and near the eyes. I personally haven't had a single hair shed onto my face, or noticed any shedding. I've owned and regularly used + cleaned this product for approximately 5 months now. I will probably pick up a second one soon just so I don't have to wash it as often.

If you live in Australia like I do DON'T pay the exorbitant price charged by Priceline and the like. Search online for reliable drugstore makeup stores and get them for US prices!

on 3/21/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this brush for liquid foundation and concealer application! It's flawless! It's also a pretty brush, so it's fine to leave lying around. Although, my brush is bamboo not the pink from the pictures. It doesn't shed and leave dreaded bristles on your face during application, and it's also soft enough to use around your eyes and if you have sensitive skin. LOVE.

on 3/20/2015 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This brush works really well with liquid foundations. I have not tried it with powder, but I have seen some people use it for powder foundations as well with excellent results. The brush is very soft and very enjoyable to use. My foundations apply evenly and look very natural. Before I found this brush, I had a hard time with my foundations and almost throw them away. Thanks to this brush, the foundations can reach their maximum potential. Don't hesitate to buy this brush.

on 3/17/2015 3:32:00 PM

OBSESSED with this brush! no streaking and gives you the perfect buffed finish.

on 3/17/2015 2:55:00 PM

An absolutely fantastic face brush, worth every bit of hype. I use it daily to blend foundations, concealers and the result is quite flawless. Has a nice dome shape and the bristles are soft and feels good on the skin. Very easy to wash and dry and has a clever flat broad handle base so that it can stand just like that. And another good thing is it does not shed.Very happy with this brush, it's my desert island brush now. Will definitely re-purchase.

on 2/26/2015 9:28:00 PM

I love this so much. Putting on foundation is fun with this brush! I just smear some streaks of foundation on my cheeks, nose, and forehead, then I blend and buff them in. Perfection! I use way less product, and it even helped me cover my perioral dermatitis. The way this brush just buffs over the skin seems to keep makeup from being ground into the drier areas. I used to use the Shiseido foundation brush, which is like painting your face. It left streaks that I had to fix with my fingers...what was I thinking?? THIS brush is the way to do your face.

on 2/25/2015 10:06:00 AM

Wow, now this has officially replaced my Sigma F80!! The F80 was my HG, but within a year it fell apart and I refuse to repurchase a brush yearly, crazy. So I've been on the hunt for a great replacement and I've tried the following: Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Multipurpose Brush #4...Sephora Pro Bronzer Brush #48...Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The SK was a bit too small and I didn't like the flat top, it was awkward compared to the Sigma. I also didn't like the feel of the curvy handle in my hand. The Sephora one was too heavy and I didn't like how it applied foundation, plus it took FOREVER to dry. The RT brush on the other hand, has the most perfect rounded brush head that is neither too small or large, it's not heavy, and it applies foundation smoothly, leaving a lovely finish. It also washes easily and dries fast. I love that I can stand it up on my counter after I use it since it has a flat bottom. It's also the cheapest of the bunch! Highly recommend.

on 2/20/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS BRUSH. I finally splurged and bought this after years of using Elf brushes and being unsatisfied. This blends my foundation beautifully, liquid or powder. Some days I don't like to wear a full face of liquid foundation so I use this brush and just pack some powder in my tzone. It works wonderfully! This brush is also the perfect size, not to tiny and not too big, gives great control of the product. It also cleans up nicely after washing, doesn't shed. Would definitely repurchase!

on 2/16/2015 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Where has this been all my life??? Now, I "came of age" during the time when you used your fingers to apply foundation. I have never really liked sponges, seems they soak up a lot of product. So, I usually like to apply with my fingers, and blend with a brush or beauty blender (kinda getting to like those!). And I just don't get the flat foundation brushes; seem to pile it on too thick.

This brush just...perfects the finish. Plus, it's magical when it comes to ensuring a seamless blend between foundation and cream blush (usually Stila Convertible Color, Poppy). I recently got a second one (sale + coupon!) so I could wash more frequently; if there is ANY drawback to this brush, it's that the very dense bristles take more than a day to dry fully. Oh, and it washes up like a dream.

on 2/15/2015 10:32:00 PM

My favourite foundation brush! Have had mine for over a year now and still works as good as when I first bought it. It does not shed at all and has still held its shape even after regular cleaning. It applies and blends my liquid foundations and bb creams flawlessly and so quickly. Will buy it again if it ever loses quality (which it hasn't showed any signs of yet)

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products