Revlon Photoready Cream Blush

3.8

on 1/7/2014 5:45:00 PM

I know one lippie is a strong dislike, but that's how sub-par I thought this product was.
I tried a brand-new color: Charmed, which is a dark-yet-muted berry color.

what I did not like:

1. it settles into pores really badly, turning them dark pink.
2. it wipes off really easily so I can't imagine it having good lasting power. (it wipes off more easily than my CG Cheekers blush!)
3. it starts as a cream but turns into a powder. (I prefer my cream blushes to remain creamy.)
4. contains dimethicone, which I just personally can't tolerate on my own skin.
5. it contains fragrance! yuck. I do not want perfumes in any of my cosmetics, but I definitely did not expect to find it in my blush!

on 12/31/2013 12:01:00 PM

As a blush, it is rather sheer and could be build up. I like the scent of this, a faint rosy smell that is not artificial. The blush looks lovely when applied, but the downside is the poor lasting power. I don't like to re-apply, and rather low maintenance on my makeup during the day. I don't see myself use it all the time as a blush.
However, I have recently starting to use this as a lip tint over my lipbalm, very smooth and the color is pretty and appropriate for work.
When I use it up, I don't think I would buy it again.

on 12/23/2013 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This cream blush is very moisturizing, has great pigmentation, and is easy to apply. It also did not break me out and has an adequate amount of product. It leaves a natural and beautiful flushed look to the face.

The problem is that it lasts only for a short while after application. After about a 2-3 hours, it disappears. Either way, I still like this product and can see myself buying it again.

on 12/6/2013 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, the color seemed perfect! but, it has really bad staying power. it wore off within an hour of putting it on.

on 11/26/2013 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I own this in Flushed. Don't let the intensity scare you away. This blends out to a gorgeous, subtle shade but can be built up for a more colorful look. I'm not a huge blush aficionado, I just use a bit to look alive since I'm quite pale. This fits the bill for my everyday look. It's really a spectacular drugstore find. Thanks to Emily McCombs from xojane.com for tipping me off!

Previous favorites are NARS Orgasm and MUFE HD blush in Nip Slip.

on 11/14/2013 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

In one word? Gorgeous. I have this in all 3 (flushed, pinched and coral reef) shades available and if there were more nice shades. .I would buy them in a heartbeat.

The only one I could do without is "Pinched" - it's very light in colour, and requires more than one layer - but it's workable. Would be best for fair skin in my opinion.

I have yellow-toned NC25-30 skin and my favourite is "Flushed" a bright hot pink. It's very buildable and sets to a soft slightly powder-y finish that doesn't dry out skin. I put this on right over foundation and blend for a soft sheered-out look. Or if I'm going out I will apply contour first and then this. Really it's impossible to mess up. Texture is like silk -wonderful and easy to work with, very light, non-greasy and feels like nothing is on your skin. It's very pigmented so start with a small amount and build up as needed. No mess either like with powder blushes. Easy to travel with. Lasts all day - haven't ever needed to touch up in all the months I've been using this during 10 hr workdays.

I've used this on my mother, who is in her 60's and it looked so nice on her too! She liked that there was no tell-tale "blush" look, no harsh edges. Didn't cake up on her skin. I can't find a single bad thing to say about this. . .and it's inexpensive for the good quality. Win-win in my books.

I would recommend this to anyone - any age, any skin type.

on 11/12/2013 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like Revlon cream blush very much. A bit expensive for drugstore but you get sooo much i can't imagine runing out. I do wish they had more shade selection though. I have the fushia and the peach shade called 'pinched'. I love pinched. It is a foolproof blush. Very light but buildable. Pretty peach color. Probably wouldn't show up on dark skin tones. It is nice because it is about impossible to over do. As for the fushia color it is sheer but still quite bright. I did not find i liked the color on my pale winter skin. It seemed like i always used too much and it looked like a clown. The shade seemed to exaggerate the redness in my cheeks. As for pinched it is one of my HG blush because its so easy to use anywhere. Hope revlon starts making a few more cream blush shades.

on 9/17/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Revlon Photo Ready Cream blush. Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh Laaaa Laaaa. I am in love with this magnificent blush. Prepare yourself the colors are horrendous! You will think there must be some other selections available. And who thought of these colors? Red, Purple and Peach? Your options are limited but the creamy delicate soft milled texture is stunning. The colors change as you use them, think of a thin gossamer silky veil of color over your skin. And these blushes are easy to work with. You can go for a transparent flush of light elusive hue or a dramatic Lady GAGA bold rash of pigment that rocks the world. They blend, smooth, mingle and harmonize with your skin or your foundation. I use a brush but I have used my fingers and either works with this product. Today, I am kicking myself as I recently bought a Dior Rosy glow and that was not cheap. This Revlon Photo Ready in Coral Reef is far closer to my true color tone. I love Dior but this price is more my style and the smoothness is yummy. Dior is a better product but for $12.00 Revlon is a steal.

on 9/14/2013 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I got coral reef and flushed for AUD$20 as part of sales. I like the cream texture but the pigmentation is a bit lacking. I have to reapply the blush 2-3 times to get good saturation on my cheek. Package is a bit annoying due to screw on top, although small enough to fit in my makeup bag.

I have "flushed".. and it's gorgeous!

It looks intimidating in the jar, but it's so light and gorgeous, perfect colour for rosey cheeks!
I personally like applying with a brush rather that my fingers. Since it is a cream blush it does last longer than powder blushes, perfect for those long days.