September 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have dry eczema sensitive skin, after using a sample of this cream I could notice that it calmed my skin down. I have flakey skin around my eyes and lips and after using this for a couple of weeks (bought the full size) it did slowy cleared up. But for my dry skin I think it would be better if I had used the rich version because it was a little bit to light and I had to use to much product to keep my skin hydrated. A nice cream without any scent and great for those with sensitive skin problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by angelstern

My skin - Combination, gets oily through out the day. Started using Retin A in the last 3 months, skin was reacting well, no dryness etc. However in the last 2 weeks, I started developing dry patches around my mouth, chin and cheekbone area, which is so rare. I stopped using Retin A and started moisturizing like crazy with my Josie Maran Argan Oil, which did not help one bit with the dry patches. So out of desperation, I turned to a small tube of Avene's Recovery Cream sample I had gotten at a store. After the first day or two of using it, I noticed the dry patches going away. By the end of the sample tube, face was completely back to normal and looking the best it's has in years - I was using Retin A to fade old acne scars, not sure if it's the combination of Retin A and Avene but my skin was looking much clearer albeit still has some old stubborn scars fading slowly but surely. This is definitely a solid french moisturizer. Only complaint I have is the price - almost $40 and such a small bottle! Well I bought this in Asia so probably paying for exorbitant shipping fees. A little definitely goes a long way for me. This is a light weight, highly effective cream, for me at least. By far the best face moisturizer I've tried. No more Argan Oil for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by CindyAnn67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just wondering how much reading people do when purchasing a product. A lot of you were using this for acne, that makes zero sense. They have an amazing acne line, this is not part of it really. It is very important as a consumer to do your research. Avene is an incredible line designed to help the least sensitive to the most sensitive skin. I have used the product for a long time now and I am a cosmetician. I would HIGHLY recommend any AVENE product to anyone given the right direction. I had a Roscea patient come in, very severe redness and capillaries. She came in three weeks later with shocking results..she looked jaw dropping. This line works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive, very oily acne-prone skin and almost everything seems to break me out, apart from Avene's products. No matter what I use from this brand, it seems to calm my skin. I bought this during a very cold British winter, and during an even colder Christmas in Scotland. My acne was getting a bit funny too - I had one or two spots and I am pretty sure one of the makeup stuff I was using at the time broke me out - so I thought I should give this a go. Wow! My skin calmed down within a couple of days. Though it looks heavier than the usual creams I use for my oily face, it is absorbed immediately and leaves no oily residue behind - it's also excellent under makeup. I originally bought it to wear it only when the weather is very cold, but I ended up using it every day! If your skin needs some TLC, don't think about it twice! It's one of these products that make you feel 'aaah' when you use it, you know that feeling? :-) Amazing product and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Concord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a beautiful product. The texture when applying is so refreshing and soothing, but even though it feels so fresh, it's a medium-weight moisturizer. Apply a bit less than you think you need and apply without rubbing. Almost immediatly your skin feels calmer and more moisturized. A solace for angry, irritated skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I don't like Avene in general after using almost all their line (I had acne, sensitive skin and now sensitive eczema skin).

This however is interesting. I used the normal one, not Riche. I was in Japan at the hottest summer (40+C) and my sensitive face was weeping a little (a few years back, I get weeping eczema on my face easily). Went out and got this, which is twice the price in Singapore. Used it for a week. My face was normal again!

So yay, I guess? Still, I will not repurchase anything from Avene except for the thermal water.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by baileysmilk84

I got a sample of this from the pharmacy. This is amazing, the cream is moisturising yet light at the same time! It sinks easily into my skin, and doesn't feel heavy. It doesn't sting either, awesome for irritable skin like mine!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by veiolex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

i'm not so convinced with this product. i got the riche formula for my very dry skin. it's meant to soothe sensitive skin and i expected it to at least be a bit nourishing. unfortunately i didn't feel like it's overly calming, it feels really silicone-y and sits on my skin. the fact that it's got mineral oils in it puts me off a bit too. i'm fine with it in my cold cream since it very rich and nourishing, but in this formula there's just no justification for it. a bit of a let down, sorry....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a fantastic moisturizer for people with extremely sensitive or acne-prone skin. I suffer from the latter, which made it extremely difficult to find a moisturizer that will not make my skin worse. I can could in one hand the moisturizers that will not cause me to break out and this one moisturizes better than any of them. This is still a rather light moisturizer and will not completely fix the problem when my skin is extra dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by niahana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

honestly, this product is like sooooooo awesome! it spreads on my skin so easily, especially in adjacent with my cleanance k which also done a very good job too. the product somehow reduce my acne scars, sooth my skin so gently after i wash my face (which tends to tighten) and offer a great moisture for me...

HOWEVER...

it breaks me out crazily when i apply it under my bb cream, especially on my forehead with more than 3 of cystic acne which is a BIG rarity for me. but then i thought, 'oh maybe because my skin needs time to get used to it' but - ugh, how damn stupid i was. i bought the light version and really, it doesnt go that well during the day... i use this cream under my bb cream because of its tolerance to factors such as environment and weather (just like in the advertisement). boy, how wrong i was! then i go to my old moisturizer; avene anti-shine regulating lotion and it does a BETTER job. it doesnt give that much shine just like the skin recovery cream, give me a dewy look and most importantly, doesnt break me out.