September 2, 2014 | 1926 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Truth or Dare by Madonna

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

as a huge perfume fan and one who goes and tries everything new I have to say that this fragrance although well balanced it simply way too old fashioned. It is way too strong like Fracas and Black Orchid. If it was diluted say by 20x it would be lovely. As it is i do not hink anyone should dare wear it. I heard many stores sent their stocks back because people thought it smelled like their grandmother's scent which was Madonna's aim. What do you excpet from Madonna? she wears Fracas and I think Youth Dew.....money does not mean good taste i guess. having said all that, i think it will smell great on darker skin tones. Kim Kardashian has one similiar to it but much more beautiful and lighter. Shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by parisbyrum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying i am the biggest perfume snob out there, so celebrity fragrances are just a no go (usually) but when this got released i was drawn to it oddly, being someone who actually does like madonna and has followed her career this is not a biased review at all. the fragrance is very much how i imagine madonna to smell, its strong stuff! i like many other's here love fracas and its strength, and although this isn't as strong, its still a great perfume, not the typical 'celebrity fruity' perfume crap they sell! I usually mix this perfume with michael by michael kors and i have had soooo many compliments while mixing the two together its unreal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love a scent that is so polarizing. As others who love this have said, if you do not enjoy the smell of white flowers, stay away because this is a bridal bouquet and then some! As someone who finds Fracas too overwhelming, it also gives my husband migraines, this is a perfect tribute to a classic with an exquisitely creamy tuberose and muted (thank goodness) jasmine in the forefront with the caramel, amber and musk giving it warmth and depth. It has monster silage to be careful how much you apply. It dries down to an innofensive white floral musk. I took a lippy off for the musk, it would have been wonderful if it had been either left off altogether or replaced with tonka. This is purely personal as my skin turns jasmine to toilet spray and musk to, well, musk. I truly hope they do not discontinue this as there are rumours out there saying it will be and I cannot wait to try her new naked perfume when it finally arrives in NZ.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by artsypirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off I should say I'm no fragrance connoisseur so this review may not tell you what you want to know if you are. I used the tester of this perfume one day while passing through Macy's. It was nice...sweet and flowery smelling but nothing memorable and I took the perfume bottle shaped piece of paper I'd sprayed it on and tossed it in my shopping bag and forgot about it. Ten minutes later my husband and I were in the car headed home trying to figure out where the amazing smell that had enveloped the car was coming from.

I bought a bottle the next day and I am extremely happy I did. I know it has a lot of negative reviews but I have yet to have anyone crinkle their nose at me and ask what perfume I'm wearing. No it doesn't smell like something a little old lady would wear either. Yes it is strong--at first. I saw a review where someone described it as being punched in the face with a bouquet of flowers...while one spray is enough it is not that overly strong a scent and it dries down to a lovely quiet scent.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I’d initially feared getting “tuberose-flavored candy” when I read the scent description, but was happy to still find the rich, tart-and-creamy characteristics of tuberose very apparent. The amber and benzoin play softly in the background and only add an extra dimension of warmth and sweetness so the heady white florals are inviting and less hoity-toity.

I’m even going to say I like this more than its supposed reference-scent Fracas, which is so overwhelmingly floral and high-pitched that it often gives me a headache.

Sure, it’s sorta sweet, doesn’t have a French or old-Hollywood pedigree, comes in a borderline-tacky bottle, and you won’t find a half-dozen starlets claiming this to be their signature scent. But the fragrance itself is well-composed, lasts very well, doesn’t fall apart within 10 minutes (a la Paris Hilton Tease) and comes with a not-so-pretentious pricetag.
Other than this, I really don't care whose name is on it or why they made it this way.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by babydumpling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample by request and the saleslady said it wasn't a nice smell but I took it home and wore it to work. My friend said I smelled like a funeral home with that flowery strong scent. I am surprised this is Madonna scent. I don't think I will purchase this. My Grams might like it......I gave her the rest. I will let u know her opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you are a lover of big white florals you will love Truth or Dare. Gardenia and tuberose galore. I have always been a big lover of those two notes and they are abundant in Madonna's first fragrance. Truth or Dare is a classy, traditional fragrance to me. Not two words most people would associate with Madonna but i think she is more classy and traditional than she makes herself out to be. I cant really detect any of the vanilla but maybe that is because it blends so seamlessly into the gardenia and tuberose notes. To me it is a dark fragrance. Not a happy, joyous one. I love the fact that this is a hawian lei type of fragrance or a fragrance you would smell stepping off a plane onto an island in Hawaii. I love the opaque bottle too. It fits the fragrance perfectly. Also, i think this is very wearable by guys. I got a bunch of compliments on how good my "cologne" smelled when i wore this yesterday. It is very strong and lasts and lasts and lasts. One more thing about the bottle/sprayer. It may just be my imagination but as i was spraying the fragrance on me it sounded like a tiny xylophone plinking notes. It sounded musical. It probably was just my mind playing tricks on me but i thought it was pretty cool.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Kayla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am a fragrance addict, and anytime something new comes out that has a lot of hype around it I like to try it if only out of curiosity. That curiosity didn't kill me this time, but it did almost choke me, because inhaling this was like a fistful of gardenias punching me in the face. REALLY HARD. Oh, phew. I have tried hordes of fragrances and this is no doubt the most obnoxious perfume I have ever experienced. Before you try it, make sure there is fresh air and Excedrin at hand. Trust me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Lola452

Initially, I liked this fragrance well enough, although I wouldn't say it knocked my socks off. As for the top notes, I picked up strong gardenia and a general "fresh" scent, almost like dryer sheets. This fragrance definitely has some staying power, which I appreciate - I could still smell it at least 6 hours after I put it on. The problem for me came in after I had had it on for awhile. Eventually, it started to smell like stale cigarettes masked by a spritz of Febreze - not what I want to smell like. I haven't read that this happened to anyone else, so it must just be my body chemistry. Unfortunately it just didn't work on me.

I don't like the bottle at all. It looks very cheap and tacky, and doesn't reflect the maturity of the fragrance at all. Major fail on that aspect, in my opinion. I really wanted to like this, but it just doesn't work for me. I could see it being a fantastic, sexy scent on others, however.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a Madonna fan I was excited about this perfume. One smell brought back images of my childhood visiting elderly neighbors, my senior relatives, and my grandmother giving me hard candy.. no thanks.