October 24, 2014 | 1731 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 123 Perfect Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Carolinario

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new favourite foundation! I was spending so much money on foundations :( I loved the texture and durability of the new maybelline superstay but it oxidises terribly on me. After that I got the Nude by Dior and too shiny and wouldn't cover anything. Now I'm the happiest with this 1 2 3. I have dry skin so I make sure to moisture before and that's it. No need for matte primer or powder after. Looks natural and feels so light! The smell is good and I hate most foundations smell. This is like a babyish smell. Super super light but medium good coverage. I just would like it to stay longer. If anyone have tips please tell me! But overall worked perfectly for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by nienoona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Something about myself:
Chinese ethnic lives in humid super hot tropical city
skin type: combination oily with acne prone, the yucky oily mostly appears on my T zone (a lot!), my chin and my monolid's eyelid
skin color: NC25-NC30 on MAC, with yellow undertone

I bought this foundation in no. 53, and the color matches perfectly on my skin.

Pro:
- easy to buy, available on most of drugstore at my city
- price relatively cheap (I bought around $18 which is on sale, normally it's $25)
- blend easily, I found it easier blended by finger rather than my real technique expert brush
- has a flawless finish, with semi matte I might say even some people feels it is super matte. I still see a bit glow and dewy on my cheek, or side of my nose. But I don't need powder for this though which is a super plus for my oily skin.
- Lasts ok for me though! I apply on 7am until back from office on 7pm, only need to blot once or twice. Considering I always go out on sunny day every lunchtime!
- Paraben free! which a great plus and the first reason why I tried this
- has pump on the bottle
- Good coverage for daily use, not too heavy, but cover most of your post-blemish hyperpigmentation
- doesn't break me so far, I have used this product continuously for about a month

Con:
- Low SPF only 10, it will be perfect if it could have higher SPF though.
- It gives dry patches on your dry area, specially if you have dried pimple which you need to make sure there is no dry flake skin before you apply it.

Overall, it gives me hard time to think about its cons, as I love the foundation.
On day I would like my skin to be more dewy, I used to mix it with my cc cream.
I will definitely buy this again when my bottle is emptied, or I might try Bourjois healthy mix foundation to see which one better on my skin :p

Update:
Shade 53 is a little bit too dark for me. It is oxidized. I have tried healthy mix but it is too greasy for my oily face. Hence I used to mix my 123 with healthy mix for the shade to be lighter. I have finished the first bottle and has repurchased no 52 vanilla. Hope it matches my skin better. After the whole bottle, it still hasn't broken me out yet.

I still give 4 lippies though for the packaging, they should make it more like the old healthy mix bottle where it can be pumped till the last drop. When it is running out, I couldn't see it from outside the bottle, also when I open the pump there are still much left inside so I need to pour it on my hand manually. But yeah still couldn't find any other foundation to suit my oily acne prone needs here so I am still satisfied :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS FOUNDATION!!!!
It keeps me MATTE ALL DAY
EASILY AVAILABLE AT MY LOCAL BEAUTY STORE
DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT
PACKAGING HAS A PUMP AND IS NOT HEAVY AT ALL
NOT EXPENSIVE

I love everything about this foundation because the healthy mix serum and regular healthy mix both broke me out like crazy, hated those.

But ONE CON about this foundation is that it clings onto dry patches. BUT this foundation still looks very natural, i love wearing this to school and for everyday wear!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by DjAna

I love this product! I have repurchased this foundation many times, and I will go back to it again after I finish the current one. I have tried many foundations, and I keep going back to this one. I love it so much!
Pros:
- Goes on beautifully
- Looks flawless
- Lasts all day, even without powder
- Smooth consistency
- Convenient packaging
- Feels light
- Has a slight powdery finish (some might no like this)

Cons:
- A bit pricey, $32 in Australia
- It clings to dry patches
- Sometimes need to apply powder during a hot day, as I get a bit shiny in the t-zone area

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Kimboxx

Since I have oily and acneprone skin I'm constantly looking for a matte foundation that last longer than 2 hours and doesn't break me out.
I like this foundation a lot. When just applied it looks very matte, still natural looking. I apply just one drop with a buffer brush and it covers all my blemishes, my skin looks flawless. I don't need to use a setting powder. At the end of a day at work it's a little bit shiny, but i wouldn't say oily.
The colour 53 suits me well.
I would repurchase but I like to change foundations in the hope I will find my HG (but this one is almost it! Hahaha!)
Watch out when you take pictures with flash!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Petra345

I am dissapointed with this foundation. It seemed like the perfect foundation for my combination, acne prone skin because of it's matte finish and yellow undertones. But it sets into pores, does not cover up well and is hard to apply. Not buying again.

Edit: I tried it again, with a different moisturizer underneath and was suprised how good it looked. I am currently using Avene Cleanance K, somethimes Hydrance Optimale Legere, it depends on my skin condition. It did not set into pores, I was able to cover up all of my blemishes and pigmentation with just one sheer layer. Lasted about 4 hours before I had to blot.
Now I'm using this as my daily foundation. The shade I use is 51, perfect mach for my NC15/20 skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by L4UR3Nrae

This oxidized terribly pretty much as soon as I put it on. I'm not super pale but even the lightest shade was orange, and I'm very yellow toned. This foundation also really emphasizes any dry or spotty areas and it sets pretty quickly to a almost slightly powdery finish. I'd rather powder afterwards personally. Totally regret buying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not entirely sure how this foundation performs on it's own as I have shade 54 which is too dark for me so I mix it with a lighter shade of the Healthy Mix foundation that I also own. I would say it's probably quite similar to those. maybe a little thicker. I have very oily skin and this really doesn't last well on my skin. If I want it to last longer I will mix it with my Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. It is about a medium coverage foundation. Nothing too heavy. Shade 54 is quite neutral in tone, not too pink, not too yellow. Not a great for me. I would recommend it to those with normal skin, possibly combination if you blot throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by sleepeystar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Most liquid foundations doesn't work that well in terms off keeping my T-zone from shining, because in Singapore it is often blazing hot outdoors and freezing cold indoors (crazy crazy air conditioning). I switched back to liquid foundation about 2years ago, after much research online, and was really excited that I found out about Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation. Before this, I was using powder foundation from MAC and pressed powder from various brands but these didn't help even out my skin tone. I am outdoors often and my skin tone can fluctuate a shade or 2 within a few months. I bought shade #52 Vanilla and found that it is too light, but I like the shine control and coverage, so I headed out to get a #53 Light Beige, a perfect match. It is not that accessible in Singapore stores but I found this on www.asos.com and its great cos they have regular sale promotions there and it ships free. I notice that it applies best with a foundation sponge.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by anVessa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not that great, it gives me wrinkles in my undereyes and the coverage isn't that great, if you're looking to look natural with it, don't use it. It's highly obvious that you have foundation on if you want to opt for a natural look!