Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.6

on 2/6/2015 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Looks great for about an hour or two but then fades into a grey. I also don't like the felt tip much. It's a bit long and after a couple of uses the tip becomes very bendy and hard to control.

Right now I wear this on days where I only have one class and I'm not going anywhere just to try and use it up. I wouldn't re-purchase after I finish.

on 1/28/2015 10:22:00 PM

As much as I wanted to like this eyeliner, it was very clumsy to wield and had subpar staying power.
I'm constantly on the hunt for the best liquid eyeliners, so I was hoping for the best with Master Precise. I bought the one in black for everyday wear. Upon first impression, I was surprised by the size of the felt tip. It was probably twice as long and, even though it's tapered, the widest part is about twice as wide as those I've previously used. The tip, I've noticed, is also not completely tapered; the tip ends off in a small, blunt cut. It usually doesn't bother me, but sometimes I need to make a sharper point that is difficult to achieve with this eyeliner. Plus, the felt tip is quite flimsy; it bends easily, which can sometimes mess up my application.
I like the pigmentation of Master Precise. It's very black, and it applies opaquely in one coat. I haven't had issues with it fading or being too watery.
Unfortunately, the staying power is a letdown. This eyeliner isn't claiming to be fully longwearing or waterproof, but this eyeliner was so easy to smudge! I have naturally watery outer eye corners due to allergies, and this eyeliner had no chance against moisture. It budged and smudged with incredible ease. That's a bit of a dealbreaker for me; staying power is very important for the 20 or so hours a day that I wear makeup, and this one didn't deliver.
Master Precise is relatively inexpensive, but it's on the higher priced end of drugstore eyeliners. They go around $10 a pop. I think it's a decent product if you don't wear makeup for too long, or if you don't mind limited staying power. Also, it helps to have patience when wielding this liner. Imo, there are some better liquid liners out there.

on 1/22/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you wear eyeshadow DO NOT but this product. The moment it glides across the shadow it dries up. After about 20 mins on this on my eyes it turns grey. Worst $12.49 ever spent.

on 1/13/2015 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've used this for a while but am looking for something different. It's good when it's new, but dries out SO quickly. The staying power is ok but it doesn't stay black all day - it fades to a dark grey, which isn't great. I would re-purchase if I were in a rush and hadn't found anything else to replace it, but ideally not.

on 1/5/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Best liquid eyeliner I have ever used! The formula is great because it applies smoothly, dries quickly, and is long wearing. The tiny felt tip is perfect for getting right up to the base of the lashes and making an ultra thin line. This is so easy to use, I don't have to wipe it off and start over because of mistakes. I will re-purchase!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I can't find ANYTHING negative to say about this liner. I have had it for over a month now and it doesn't disappoint! I have tried a few different liquid liners from the drug store (nyx,elf, etc) and NONE of them create clean, long lasting lines like this one. It doesnt transfer to my upper lid (if any liner does use primer!) And stays allll day so much that I am sad wiping my makeup off at the end of the day.

on 12/29/2014 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The eyeliner does not last for people with oily lids!! I tried it with the urban decay eye primer and the eye primer from etude house and it still smudges... It is also hard to draw thin lines because of its design.

I still prefer the maybelline liquid liner with the golden lid (which they don't sell in the states).

on 12/14/2014 4:17:00 AM

I'm just learning how to do my top eyeliner and this product has made it so easy and perfect! I LOVE this pen. The tip is firm and the liner applies easily. Before this product I hated doing my eyeliner and would avoid it as much as possible. Now I want to do my eyeliner all the time and I've only had it for three days! It's AMAZING! I would definitely recommend this product to everyone. The price is decent and the lasting power is good too.

on 12/10/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this eyeliner way more than I thought I would. I am always a little bit wary of any drug store make up, but I was out of my tarte MultilEye eyeliner, and I was in Target and this was on sale so I considered what the hell. I bought mine in black and this eye liner goes on smooth, has a dark color and stays on pretty much all day but never flakes for peels. It also dries very quickly. My only complaint is that the tip is a little harder than I like, but it works.

If you are looking for a cheaper eyeliner that still looks good, lasts and is easy to apply then this is it! I will definitely be repurchasing this once it is out.

on 11/29/2014 4:48:00 PM

I got this eyeliner with the intent to use it for a dance performance. I've been testing it out and I love how it goes on; the tip allows for precision (as the name suggest) and the pigmentation is a true black. After coming back from walking in the snow I find that the liner is slightly smudged, though this is expected as it is not a waterproof eyeliner. Overall I do like this product.