Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.5

on 4/23/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my first eyeliner and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Swatching it on my hand it looked highly pigmented, but once I applied it above my eyelashes it looked really dull, as if I'd just used a pencil. Wiped off pretty easily. After a few hours of wear it was noticeably smudged. Dried out pretty quickly as well (I've read that you should store it tip down). Shocking to me considering how many people love it.

on 4/17/2015 2:09:00 AM

So I've been takin a break from my pretty-much-HG liquid liner, L'Oreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black (duh) for a little while to try pen style liners. I really appreciate that in the package this liner is stored and shelves upside-down. That just makes sense and thank you, maybelline. It's a good, dark black and the tip is pretty flexible (not quite as much as Lineur Intense, but that's one of the things that sets that one apart for me). I like that the cap snaps tightly, also. Liner doesn't stay dark black all day though and comes off easily when touched in any way so touch-ups are a must, but definitely not the worst I've tried.

on 4/13/2015 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Really good liner! Mine is a bit old so the ink looks faded, but it makes lining eyes so easy!

on 4/4/2015 10:22:00 AM

This eyeliner makes my eyes look amazing. It doesn't crease. perfect for dramatic winged effect.

Edit: this eyeliner is already dried out. Completely useless. Will defiantly not buy again.

on 4/3/2015 6:38:00 PM

I got this product so I could do all these crazy-cool makeup techniques to make my eyes look big like manga/anime. When I took the cap off, the was all dry and had hardly any product on the felt. I swipped it across my hand and the tip had absolutely nothing on it and all the product was at the base which wasn't helpful at all. The reason why I got it as so make fine designs with the tip. I tryed shaking it and the ink just flew everywhere when I took the lid off. It was a disaster! I got it all over my face and shirt. I Even tried cleaning it up and It smudged everywhere and made my counter top a watery. dark, black mess. Though, after shaking, I did get a wet tip. I tried using it on my eye and it slowly went back to becoming dry again. In the end I just gave up. Every eyeliner I use, usually ends up being dry! It's very frustrating.

on 3/25/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought this product a few months ago, It's still lasting me and it hasn't dried out yet.
Then again I only use it maybe once a week. But overall I've never had major issues with this product. It goes on smoothly, good texture. The colour is perfection, pure black. The ONLY con I would say is that if you wing your liner and if your eyes get teary or you're laying down on your side it may smudge off a bit so you'd have to retouch it. Other than that, I may repurchase it...it's been working well for me. We'll see. Hope I helped.

on 3/18/2015 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I did really like this product at first, it applied nice and evenly and the pointed felt tip made it easy to draw a nice cat eye flick. However, after a couple of weeks, the liner started becoming quite blunt so it would sometimes look a bit smudged on my eyelids. Also, the coverage isn't as good as it was initially, I have to keep adding a few coats and after a while it can look a bit watery, but that is probably because I have oily eyelids. A seemingly decent product when I first bought it, but for me it definitely doesn't last very long!

on 3/13/2015 6:36:00 PM

This eyeliner does not fade at all. It is very black, doesn't skip when applying either. Keep in mind that I don't do Wings so I can't comment on that but I love it and will repurchase.

Edit: I have tried this over eyeshadow, and yes it is true that it doesn't work well over it. I only use it to make a fine line. Makes my lashes look fuller.

on 3/1/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wasn't expecting much from a drugstore eyeliner, but I was very pleasantly surprised with Master Precise! I tried much more expensive eyeliners, but I think this performed better than a lot of them, and it's much cheaper! I used to use Stila Stay All Day liquid liner and it worked great for about two weeks and then the tip dried out and stopped working (and this liner costs about $30 here in Canada). I've been using Master Precise daily for over two months now and it has not dried up yet! The color stays put all day long and doesn't smudge or run, it's easy to remove, and I find it easy to make a precise line and little flicks and wings. I think I'll be sticking with Master Precise from now on!

on 3/1/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't recommend this eyeliner if you have watery eyes or oily eye lids. I find it smears very easily and transfers onto your upper lid. I did like that it's a very skinny felt tip with opaque color. I wish there was a waterproof version.