November 27, 2014 | 1537 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Greensmoke

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this colour because of the great reviews here on MUA, but I find that Greensmoke has a difficult texture to work with. The colour is beautiful in the pan and I wish it showed up better on my NC25 skin. It looks just greyish on my skin and isn't very pigmented. I will keep trying to make it work for me though, as I love the colour but I will probably avoid Lustre finishes from now on.
Update: I gave this to my friend who is NW20 and it looks beautiful on her. I'm glad it has found a good home.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by ki1312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Do you have brown eyes? If yes, then you NEED this eyeshadow! It is a greyed, dark green which is surprisingly wearable even on my warm toned skin. Yes, it is a lustre finish but it is well pigmented and I can't see significant fallout!

On its own or paired with carbon, humid, sumptouous olive and even knight divine - this colour is a winner!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It may seem pretty obvious from the name but Greensmoke is really great for a green/olive smoky eye. I just used it today - on the lids, with All That Glitters as a highlighter and black eyeliner smudged at the outer corners. Lots of mascara, tinted lip balm and an olive scarf.
I think I fancied myself a little tonight.
There's more glitter in Greensmoke than most people like. You can always blend it all away. But if you don't want to, Sumptuous Olive is a nice alternative, it's ever-so-slightly brighter but just as warm (I'm NC 40)..
Greensmoke also goes well if all-gray smoky eyes make you look like you've been socked in the eye - the green is luminous and the shimmer counteracts the flatness of the black/grey. You don't need to pack it on - Green always gets noticed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

#1 green eyeshadow!!! It can be built up to either stay lite or go dark. I have hazel eyes n thes color just emphasizes my green. Great 4 the smokey eye too. i use Grand Entrance/Retrospeck 4 highlighting. :) will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lulu1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a great day to night eyeshadow for darker skinned women. I'm a C6 with very dark brown eyes. A light hand makes this wearable as a contour shade for the office. A light application shows some shine but it's not frosty like it appears in the container. I just got this yesterday but layering on more of this MAC lustre shade would make an excellent choice for a night out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by tan0h0lic

What an amazing and versatile shadow! I first wore this on a night out, paired with my MAC Green-brown pigment, MAC Lucky Green and UD Virgin as a highlight, and it looked amazing. Today I used Greensmoke as my main color on my lids with UD Sidecar in the crease and highlighted with sin, and again, amazing for a day look too. I LOVE a green shadow look, but it can be a bit much for every day wear. Greensmoke walks the line of a neutral, but still retains that green hue.. without really being "olivey." It kind of has a chameleon effect, when paired with more brown toned shadows it takes on a more soft color. It has just the right amount of intensity too. My eyes are mostly green (sometimes take on a grey/blue color) but this REALLY turns up the green in them! Basically, I am just in love with this! Only con is there is a bit of glittery fall-out (nothing major like UD shadows - just a bit more than an average MAC Lustre.) I am very glad I swapped for this, and will continue to use this and repurchase if I run out! If you are a green lover, try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by silverplum13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color in the pan, but you really do need to pack it on to see the intensity. This color will look great on any skin tone. I love pairing this with woodwinked or gorgeous gold. It's a beautiful green that's not over the top or garish looking. I definitely recommend it for those that want to try green, but may be a little timid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My fav mac e/s, i love khaki greens and this is the nicest one i have found its beautiful for wearing during the day or on a night out can make a lovely smokey green eye. I would buy this again in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Stunning! There in nothing like this color on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by kimberly1904

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my fave eyeshadows of all times. This color is beautiful and would be flattering on anyone. I have darker olive toned skin and sometimes its hard to find shades that arent too light on me. This is a perfect medium. Its great to pair with a dark brown in the crease for a smokey eye. And if you put a dark base under the greensmoke, you can use it by itself for a smokey eye. You can also use it for a more natural look if you use it alone. Its a beautiful color and I absolutely LOVE it. This is one of the few shadows I will probably hit the bottom of the pan on! :-)