MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

on 9/26/2011 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I love this color!! I have so many MAC eyeshadows I hesitated to buy this one bc it looks chunky in the pan- boy am i glad i finally caved in! its a pretty white/gold shimmery color that is super complementary on my light tan/olive skin!! I think it comes in second after woodwinked which is my all time fave. I wear it during daytime just on my lid, but i can see myself wearing it for a night out as a sparkly highlighter. although the glitter particles look chunky in the pan, they dont fall out if you tap the excess off your brush before applying. I doubt I'll run out of this anytime soon since eyeshadows last so long, but I will def repurchase once I do. gorgeous!!

on 9/16/2011 11:24:00 PM

This seems to be such an overlooked gem--a perfect shimmery neutral.

on 9/16/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found the best dupe for this--but YMMV: it's the golden pastel yellow shimmer in the Sleek Original Palette. I like to have a coordination of colors when I do my makeup (less thinking), and I find them very similar to each other. This is slightly more pigmented than Sleek but since I only use this shade in the tiniest amount it doesn't bother me.

on 9/11/2011 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

One of my favorite highlighters for NC based skin tones (yellow/olive). For some reason, the sales people don't ever seem to dig this shade and always try to steer me toward Ricepaper instead, even though I'm asking specifically for Retrospeck (strange, huh?). Works very well with Woodwinked, in my opinion.

on 9/1/2011 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The best thing about it : This is a golden beige color without any orange. I hate oranges, they makes me look swollen or sick. If All That Glitter is not working for you then try this one.You'll forget your disappointment with ATG and fell in love with Respospeck.

I will repurchase this indefinitely! This has a permanent home in my 15 pan pro palette bc it is so versatile. Looks great with soooo many eyeshadows on my NC25 skin and makes the perfect brow highlight. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the few MAC eyeshadows I have had to repurchase. It is one of my go-to highlighting shades (along with MAC Pigment in Vanilla and NARS Albatross). It's a frosty champagne/golden color. Definatley a good color to have in your collection.

I so far have 15 MAC eyeshadows and this is probably my favorite colour to wear as its nearly finished. Its gives a nice silvery/goldy glimmer to my eyes which is not too in your face and a little goes a long way as with all MAC eyeshadows. It's a eyeshadow I wear to have a more neutral look but to make my eyes pop a little at the same time.=)

on 4/25/2011 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this eyeshadow a while ago as I was looking for a cool-coloured Gold and this seemed the closest to what I was after. It's an ok colour but it's not very pigmented, which means there's not much colour pay-off on the lid, even after packing it on. It's not very smooth or buttery and I find it a bit chalky. I'll keep searching for a better gold - both colour and texture wise.

on 4/13/2011 10:25:00 AM

This eyeshadow has been my favorite for years. It's not only my favorite, but my sister's too! It would travel back and forth between our make-up bags (get stolen!) every time we visited each other! It's perfect alone as a subtle eye brightener or a great highlighter shade with darker shadows! I highly recommend this shadow and it will always be in my makeup bag!