Cover Girl Professional Waterproof Mascara

Price: $

on 9/7/2012 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love the original, non-waterproof Professional Mascara. But it was a sticky, humid summer, and I was getting some smudging under my eyes with it. So I switched to this. It's been pretty great. Slightly stickier than the original, but I'd expect that with a waterproof. This stuff has stayed put at steamy yoga classes, very sweaty roller derby practices, and swimming excursions. It is really great for defining eyelashes. It doesn't add tons of volume or length or crazy drama, so if that's what you're looking for, you might be disappointed. It is fantastic for an everyday, natural look.

on 6/27/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After reading the review I thought I would give it a try since it was so cheap in price & the reviews were ok. I tried it & did not add any volume to my lashes, I needed to go over my lashes with another mascara I had, it was not waterproof. Also the ends of my
lashes turned to the side. Not a good look. So I won't be purchasing this again.

on 6/11/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this @ drugstore.com for less than $3. So to me, that is really dirt cheap compare to my MUFE and Dior mascaras. Though I actually love this more than those HE brands. First of all, I have those traditional Asian lashes - thin & short, that you can barely see if I don't use mascara at all LOL Of course, I would LOVE to have mascara that could add volume to my lashes and make them look full like a dolly eye. But usually mascara that add volume will just weight down my lashes right away. But with this mascara, it does NOT add volume, however, it does add length and make my lashes look visible. And best of all, it does not weight down my lashes at all. Once, my friend even thought I had some fake lashes on since it just looked so visible and keep my curl up.

As of staying power, I would say not bad. I usually do my makeup at about 6.30am, and i don't see any smudge at all by 4pm when I get off work. Removing it isn't hard neither, you just gotta use oil based eye makeup remover instead of the water based one. Leave the pad with makeup remover on your eye lashes for about 15 sec then wipe and it's gone :]

on 6/10/2012 5:46:00 PM

My mom (55) and I have been testing waterproof mascaras for over a month now to find one for the graduation of my son from high school and for his graduation party the night prior. We knew it would be 90 plus degrees on both occasions as we live in the south so this is the ONE mascara we were very pleased with...there is one more that I haven't tried yet. However, I cannot believe that we tried high end and yes, my favorite in the non waterproof (Rimmel Sexy Curves) was horrid in the waterproof section. I gooped and got all over our faces. As a MUA, I know waterproof mascara can be difficult as the formula has to be so tacky, but this one is the one Covergirl that sits alone and you never hear about. I grabbed about ten mascaras in Walgreens that night and this one was amazing!!!! I have no idea what these other girls are doing for it to run other than being at a waterpark. These waterparks sometimes put chlorine in their water so that would be in essence a mascara remover, so just a though for anyone going to a waterpark that treats their water. You may just need to be naturally beautiful that day with a lipstain:)

on 5/3/2012 2:45:00 PM

Got mine today, and I already love it! Completely waterproof, makes your lashes super duper long, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge, but comes off easy with make-up remover or olive oil. :) I got mine on sale for $4.50 at Kroger, so definitely great price. It's got a nice small brush to get all those lashes in there. Only thing I didn't see was the volume it promised. But it kept the curl nicely. I love it. Def a superb product. ^-^

** A month later I have found that although it does provide spectacular length and very good staying power, it will dry your lashes out to straw unless you use a primer under it. So if you want long and strong gorgeous lashes, use this in addition to a good eye lash primer. Not changing my rating though. ^-^ It's my go-to waterproof mascara.

on 4/9/2012 5:45:00 PM

CG is my favorite brand for affordable mascara. I bought mine in "black brown." The color popped, my lashes looked longer and thicker, and I felt it wore well through the day. I did have some issues with it crumbling on my under eye area during application, but this did not happen during the day. The only real issue I had with this is that it's not waterproof. It will smudge and run when wet, so be warned. Otherwise, it's a pretty good mascara for lengthening and thickening.

on 3/12/2012 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not waterproof at all smudges like crazy and the curl tends to disappear towards the end of the day. If you don't want to look like a panda do not buy this

on 2/9/2012 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this mascara!! My favorite is this with the Natureluxe mousse mascara layered over it :-) DIVINE!! (I wear only black/brown and this is a beautiful combo)

on 1/15/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would have loved this mascara if it had lived up to its description of being waterproof! It didn't clump at all and it added length and volume with a few coats. However, about midday at school I would notice it had smudged around my eyes. I have oily skin though. If you don't have oily skin, I'm sure this could work for you. If you were to cry though, I doubt it would work.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very natural mascara, I liked this when I was younger. Now I love dramatic lashes with anything; full eye makeup or just some tinted moisturizer. If you want a very subtle lash look, this is perfect. It has good lasting power, and gives you just enough length & a bit a volume.

Popular Mascaras