April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

Love it! Pricey but so good quality. Havent found a cheaper dupe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product. I have it in 9 and 11. There's really nothing to compare this too. You get nice opaque color and shine with one stroke. The applicator is shaped to precisely line the cupids bow and apply with minimal strokes. It may take a little practice for some but once you get the hang of it, application is quick and perfect. It really is like having lip liner, lipstick and gloss in one product that goes on super quick and lasts longer then the typical multi-step process. I find that the stain is lasting after the product is gone but since it applies so quickly, I usually reapply mid-day. Once the product sets after application, it is moderately good at not transferring. I can give my husband a good pressure peck but it won't last through a make out session. It also doesn't last well through eating with utensils but it fairs well with drinking from a glass or a straw.
UPDATE: Still using these and loving these. These are the Cadillacs of my lip gloss collection. Although they are pricey, I'm really contemplating purchasing more colors. I really feel like these are worth the money. BTW, it's super nice to have a nice red that doesn't feather.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by catwebb0000

I absolutely love this product! I have it in #9 Rouge Laque and plan to buy a few more soon. It's not cheap at $52 from David Jones (Australia) but it's worth it. I love wearing lipstick, but find that I'm contsantly reapplying and it builds up and gets flakey and dries my lips out. Not this! The gloss has a huge amount of colour and stays on all day/night with very minimal applications. The gloss isn't thick or tacky and actually feels quite light on your lips. I haven't found that I need a liner either, if you apply it with precision the first time. It doesn't bleed either and doesn't stain straight away so if you accidentally mess up you can just wipe it off. Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I tried mine in "Brun Glace". the name implies that it would be brown, but it looks like a dark lilac in the tube, and on my lips turned a beautiful perfect raisin. the color actually had good staying power. however, I was unhappy that the glossy feeling would wear off so fast. it would only take two drinks at a party before I could no longer feel it on my lips and it made me want to run to the mirror to check on it. I expected better from such an expensive product.

if it cost less, I would have been willing to put up with that. I've worn other longwear lip colors where I'm able to learn to ignore the dry texture (as long as it keeps looking good). but I can find much more affordable longwear colors that perform the same. so I returned mine to the store. thankfully, nordstrom has an insanely generous return policy. always keep your receipt!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This are absolutely awesome. Last all day (or long enough for me not to complain) and decent shade selection. The best thing is that when they do wear off it isn't in unappealing uneven blotches. I was also worried the pigmentation would disappoint me like so many glosses do. Even the pale pink showed up on my medium skin tone, which I could not be happier to find. I've bought 3 or 4 different shades. I use it sparingly now bc the price point gets to me, but I wish I didn't have to (trust me, I tried the L'oreal wet shine stains and those just make you want this back).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by poobear906

I LOVE the YSL glossy stains. I have it the colors #6 and #9.
#6 is a bright coral and #9 is a blue-based red. Both of which are DIVINE!
I don't think i've come across a product like this ever. Certainly nothing as long lasting, glossy, easy to apply and luxurious. These lip products truly last a long time. They are pricey but I've had mine for over 6 months now and i use them often. Totally worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by ohio_state_scholar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The colors are pretty, the feeling on your lips is quite nice, those are the things I liked. The hings I didn't like: the way it dried out my lips after a little while of wear, the way the color seemed to bleed down over the edge of my lips, THE SCENT, and the feeling of putting it on (doesn't feel like a gloss or lipstick going on, somehow less thick feeling).

I just can't get past the scent most of all. The GSs are not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by ELLEGIIRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only have this in the shade 19 (my lips look super pigmented already, so I usually buy shades to make my lips lighter). I love how pigmented these are with minimum transfer when I drink and eat. I don't have to constantly apply this as I would with other nude lipsticks. The outside packaging doesn't look very nice, but it's quite functional. The wand and opening of the product dispense the perfect amount for 1 application. I usually do 2 layers to achieve the accurate colour from the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by misstaggart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This beats out any other stain I've tried. Yes, the finish looks glossy but feels semi-matte, but what I want out of a stain more than anything is amazing color that is positively ANCHORED to my pout, so I love that about it. I don't understand how it works, it's magic!

I have it in three colors:

5 - Rouge Vintage (a very comely rose petal pink)
10 - Rouge Philtre (classic berry red)
26 - Violine Surrealiste (very bright plum w/ a dash of pink)

Definitely try these puppies on if you're able to, before buying (especially at this price). What you see in the tube might be a shade or two away from what you're going for, so it's important to play with a few shades in the same family before committing. I almost always ended up buying the shade I wasn't sure I'd like, and never bought the very first shade I picked up!

I think if I just add a nice orange-y coral, my collection (and bank account) can rest for a bit. I'm not sure how much I'm gonna love the packaging (which is pretty) when the product starts to run low, and there is some color separation, but you can swirl it around to re-blend.

It's brutal how expensive they are, but if you need a stain for special occasion or want to splurge, consider this for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I have this in #1 Violet Edition. This colour is described (by the name itself) to be violet - so some sort purple shade mixed with deep red tones. However, from 1 layer, this appears more red than it is purple. It only comes off somewhat purple after 2+ layers.

This review is based more so on the product (wear, longevity, scent etc) more so than the colour of the product.
I saw this shade and I knew that this was going to be the perfect fall/vampire-dark lipgloss for me.

Shaped like a rectangle lipgloss - pretty standard. The gold cap makes it look very luxurious, and the black bottom has a see-through stripe in which you can see the actual product inside the tube.

There IS a scent, but it fades/not really noticeable after application.

The true colour itself lasts a pretty long time, 2-3 hrs of wear (sooner if food is involved) that you start noticing a slight fade in color. However, the shine fades a lot quicker as it dries throughout your wear. One weird thing I've noticed is that the fading starts from the inside of my lips, does not fade evenly - which may be a concern, and once I start noticing this I begin applying the next layer.

The stain is nice. I wore 3 layers for an evening with slight touch ups throughout the night, and my lips are still somewhat stained even though its been a full day now of taking this off my lips with make up remover.

Kind of moisturizing. Not too much, not too little. 5 hours of this on my lips and my lips did not get chapped or dry. However, I still recommend applying some chapstick a couple of minutes before applying this.

Is it worth the $30? ($38 CDN after taxes)? Not really.....$30 is just WAY to expensive for ANY make up product besides foundation. The only reason I talked myself into getting this stain was because I had a $30 gift certificate. If I didn't, I don't think I would ever purchase it even if the colour is one-of-a-kind. If you have the money to spend on this, then sure I would definitely recommend it. However, if you don't, I'd recommend the L'Oreal stains unless there is a colour within this collection that speaks to you.