April 16, 2014 | 1492 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Lumi Magique

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by lonefreckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Dewy skin lovers rejoice!!

This is such a pretty foundation that really shows off your skin. It's not too shimmery that it looks unnatural (so important to me), but it adds just enough light reflection that you look nice and healthy and awake.

The coverage is solidly medium when I use my beauty blender, which is my preferred way for applying liquid foundation in general, including this one. This is great for those who like the healthy skin look, because it shows enough of my freckles to look like I have little to no makeup on, while still evening out my skin tone significantly. I do use a concealer to cover up acne and acne scars.

My biggest issue with this foundation is it's available color range. In Sweden they seem to offer only 4-6 shades, which is not a lot. Thankfully I have a close match in N1 Pure Pearl. It's a bit pink for someone who like to tone down the coolness in my skin, so sometimes I mix it with a more yellow toned foundation. But it's not a majorly pink-toned foundation at all (N being the neutral range). I'm probably around a NC15, so N1 also works for us pale gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by emilyp149

I've tried so many different foundations in the past year, from different types of MAC foundations, and i've splurged on Chanel and Dior. I suffer from severe eczema and I often have acne break outs on my chin and cheeks. I found that I could not find a happy medium foundation that would suit both my eczema and acne, and found Chanel foundations to not provide enough moisture to my face, MAC making my acne worse, and Dior to be blotchy on my face. (After these experiences I was too scared to try anything else!). My mum suggested going for a cheaper option, and since purchasing L'Oreal Lumi Magique I've been so happy!!
This foundation is perfect for my skin, as the colour suits my light/olive skin. The foundation coverage is medium, but very natural looking and lasts all day!! I have noticed that it tends to get a bit oily at the end of the day, but seriously not a big deal at all.
Since using this foundation my eczema has vanished completely and I have noticed a significant decrease in my acne. I found no colour change by the end of the day either.

This cost about $30AUD from Myer in Australia, and so so worth it. For any girls struggling with finding a good colour for light skin with olive undertones I highly recommend it.
Definitely a Holy Grail product for me, and I will be purchasing again!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by baileyrenae25

I didn't have very high expectations when I bought this product because I usually don't like the luminescent look for my skin, but I decided to give it a try. At first I absolutely LOVED it! The coverage was great on my skin and I loved the finish! I thought I finally found my HG of foundations. I used the product for about 2 weeks and realized it was making my skin break out HORRIBLY! I have acne-prone skin and before using this product it had been almost clear for a couple months but this product made it worse than ever! I was so upset. I recommend this to anyone who doesn't have acne prone skin just because it is a beautiful foundation but if you are prone to breakouts STAY AWAY

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by samie202

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would have loved this foundation if it had more shade ranges. It's pretty expensive for a drugstore makeup around 11-13 USD. I the consistency is actually creamy. It feels very light weight and has a satiny finish. Again, this would be my everyday makeup if it was the right shade for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Yasmin159

A pretty decent drugstore foundation, it does have a sheer/luminous feel to it, I can also use the excess as extra concelor

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my favorite foundations! And so cheap!

It gives such a beautiful glow to your face without being too much. Like "dewy".

its fairly lightweight yet with a medium/full coverage.

I have combination skin, so this foundation is right on the border to being too oily for me. But I put some powder and Im fine.

Comes in many shades, even shades that could fit my yellow-y skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by elizgibb

This product looks great, love the container... But.. I'm just not impressed. I had trouble finding a color that suited me. I got the lightest color and it still came out a bit yellow. And it really doesn't give much coverage at all. It feels alright going on your face, quite light. But after a couple minutes it was looking overly-dewy spin decided to set with a powder for extra coverage and a matte finish.... This stuff cakes up so bad on my face when a powder is applied over the top. It pretty much brings out all the flaws you were trying to hide in the first place. Not to mention after the powder it still feels oily. This stuff also broke me out almost immediately which is a problem I usually do not have with my other foundations. Over-all, I just would not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Nssmith281

I purchased this product based on a lot of positive reviews from beauty guru's on YouTube. I have pretty normal skin, with potentially a bit of oil on my forehead. This product unfortunately made me incredibly oily within a few hours. It also oxidised on my face and turned a couple shades darker, giving off a very unflattering orange tone.

However, my mother (who has dry, mature skin) took this foundation off my hands and tried it for herself. She loved it - and it looked fantastic on her. All in all, I agree with some previous reviews in saying that this is a great product - but only for people with dry or mature skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by pinklaceloserface

I was really excited about this foundation. I had seen a lot of makeup guru's raving about the lumi line for L'Oreal and I thought I'd give it a whirl since it was so inexpensive. I was throughly disappointed by how oily it made my skin! I looked like a greaseball a few hours after application. Not even a few hours. Maybe an hour or so. Applying powder just made it look really cakey and gross.
When you first apply the foundation, it goes on very smooth and looks beautiful, but the wear is just awful. It feels heavy and it will definitely transfer if you are not careful. BEWARE! Only super dry skin could get away with this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Shandy313

I've been using this liquid foundation together with my pressed powder for more than 6 months. When the liquid & pressed are used together, the coverage seem alright. However when used it solely on its own, the coverage is only minimal. If you have a good clear skin, this liquid foundation might be suitable for you.
Another 'surprise' i saw was a very thin layer of oil (after using for almost 9 months)...hmm
Overall i do not really like it as it doesn't give a good coverage & it does make your face a little oily. Won't repurchase again...