November 26, 2014 | 1701 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Being honest id heard the big hype about this and i wasnt impressed at all, i was promised a beautiful foundation that covered and concealed, i found it was cakey, dry and didnt cover or conceal anything, my dark circles looked ashy and cakey and probably worse than they started out as! I really didn't like this and i wasted so much money on it, disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok I have been using this foundation for 7 or 8 years. It has been an HG product and I do not have many. I loved that it is a powder and sheer build-able coverage, so you don't have to worry about having an "exact" match... whose skin is all 1 color anyway? That being said, I just don't have time for this stuff anymore. It is messy and takes way to much time to swirl tap buff, layering it on just perfect, etc. I hardly wear makeup anymore because I just don't have time for this. Lately if i wear m/u i use Nars tinted moisturizer instead and a thin, quick layer of this, mostly to use it up. I might look into the new pressed powders but I am actually very happy with the TM.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I really like this foundation. It literally covers up EVERYTHING, from blemishes to redness. I didn't even have to use any concealer. The finish is beautiful and great for any season. Even for my oily skin, it didn't bunch up like other powders. It stayed put! What's also great about this foundation is it has buildable coverage, so I can put more on throughout the day if needed and not feel like I have on a mask! My only complaint is that it made me break out a little (not bad, just 1 or 2 blemishes) but this is because I didn't moisturize before putting it on, so that was my fault. :) Good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jayneKerr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i adore this foundation. A few years ago i had terrible skin, i went to a skin doctor and they reccomended this product to me, it has changed my whole life, im a more confident person with this makeup on, its natural but at the same time gives full coverage. I suffer from bad acne and red patches but using this foundation alone has improved my skin 100%. I will never use liquid foundation again!. Honestly give this product a go, its kind to your skin, doesnt contain any bad ingredients and gives you a flawless finish, im 17 and i started wearing this when i was around 15. Im converted, ill NEVER use liquid again, first time ever reviewing a product but i felt the need to review this, also the foundation itself comes in a wide range of colours, i wear this everyday and it lasts me 3+ months.
LOVE BAREMINERALS <3

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by whiteblackcat

First I really liked this product, it seemed to be a good alternative to liquid foundations. Even though, after some time, I started to feel a mask-effect when it was applied, my skin felt irritated and not comfortable.
It gets oily on my nose and forehead in some 2h, in general, the skin does not look fresh and lively in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

i used this for almost a year since i bought a starter kit
this foundation really didnt do anything for me
when i wore it my pores looked huge!! and did not cover any redness
also really made my dry patches stand out
it went on cakey and did not last throughout the day
AND it if my face was to sweat it would burn and itch not good!
will never buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Gemmylou86

After having my daughter my skin changed a lot and liquid foundation just started looking bad on me so when I saw this on qvc I had to try it.
I have combination skin with a flaky/oily t zone and I find unless I exfoliate before EVERY application it finds the tiniest patches of dry skin and clings on for dear life!
It also seems to accentuate pores I didn't even know I had. Indoors it looks flawless, I'll admit... And you get no neck/face colour tide mark but in daylight my skin looks awful! A bit dead and waxy like I'm a corpse that's just been made up in the morgue! I've tried various colours to no avail.
It seems to wear off quickly even with the prime time primer and I look oily after a short period, and I'm not impressed with the coverage.
Like I said, indoors I look wonderful - unfortunately I can't spend all say indoors!

I'm going to try the matte version and hopefully that will work otherwise it'll just be a case of money down the drain and back to my HG foundation quest

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by blonegirl979

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was lured into trying this product after I heard many women talk about how it looked lke they were wearing no makeup at all. I have to say when i do wear this makeup that it doesn't look like anything is on my face at all. The only thing is that people that know me know I'm wearing makeup because I have awful skin. Dark spots, acne scars, dark circles, very pink skin, large pores. You name it I got it. But this does a good job of concealing without looking heavy. However I will say I use the max coverage concealer brush and I purchased the bare minerals SPF 20 correcting concealer which I love. It works great with the foundation and really takes the redness out of my skin (cheeks/fresh acne messes). The staying power is great and my days are 16 hour days at the max. I just take an oil blotter sheet to my face once or twice if it's a really long day. The foundation does look better the longer you leave it on. It blends with the skin or something and it makes my skin feel very soft/doesn't break me out. It is also one of the only foundations I can put over my prescription strength duac gel and not have a burning sensation. The only complaint I have is that I use the original formula bc I have oilly skin, but i love the glow the original gives my face. I want the glow minus the oil, but sometimes you can't have it all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this several years ago and I was told that I had to purchase both the foundation and mineral veil in order for the foundation to work. It was too expensive and the containers were messy. I never repurchased, despite the way this foundation made my skin look and feel.

I revisited Bare Minerals because of the start up kit and now I'm hooked. I have fairly good skin, but I have a scar on my chin that is always red, even with concealer. Most powder foundations keep the redness at bay for a couple of hours, but if I don't touch up, the redness comes through. The Bare Minerals minimizes the redness for a lot longer than traditional powder foundations. Without a touchup, my chin is barely red. This foundation also has great overall coverage and imparts a healthy glow. It leaves my face feeling soft. I only use the foundation, I don't use the mineral veil.

I also like using the foundation as a concealer. The kit contains a concealer brush, which probably makes a difference. The concealer does a great job under/around my eyes and as a shadow base. I've had no problems with caking; I just have to wait for my eye cream and moisturizer to fully dry before I apply the Bare Minerals. The "concealer" makes my eye area appear smoother and brighter.

The container has been updated with a sifter lock, which prevents spills and wasted product. This is a big improvement because it keeps everything clean! This foundation is a must have for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by blondebeckyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After getting the Bare Minerals women to put this on me in Fenwicks, I was dead impressed. I looked soo flawless and it lasted ALL DAY without making me oily at all which is VERY rare. So I went back the next day and purchased the starter pack which came with 3 brushes, mineral veil, fairly light and light powder, warmth and a small bottle of prime time. The prime time is a great primer btw. Anyway everytime I tried to put it on myself I could not get it right... the coverage was so minimal and I got oily quick! I watched the video and everything and couldn't get it right...it was a waste of £50. This makeup would be great for normal skin with few blemishes but not for myself!