Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

3.5

Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Soil Minerals, Silica, Mica, Calcium Silicate (+/-): Zinc Oxide (CI77947), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499)

on 9/23/2013 5:01:00 PM

I initially got this product probably back in 2001 or 2002 with the kit. I liked it and used it for years, then I started getting more into "making myself up" and started researching liquid foundations etc. I'm now a lot older and have more skin issues than ever, mostly fine lines and hyperpigmentation (from melasma and random acne breakouts). I've sort of given up hope of covering it completely and am now just happy to lighten it up a bit. A few months ago i was looking at old pictures (yearning for my good skin lol!) and was trying to figure out what i wore back then. it was BE!

I broke out the container and put some on, i couldnt remember why i put it away in the first place. yes, its messy and probably not as quick to apply. swirl, tap, buff. swirl, tap, buff.
But alas it gives my skin a perfected look, or a "my skin but better look". It lasts thru my 9+hour day without touch ups (even in the summer, amazingly). I use the original formula, appreciate the SPF just wish i could take it with me in my purse without the big mess. (I havent heard great things about the Ready foundation formula).

I don't have the irritation issues with this that a lot of people seem to have but i would recommend this to a friend (and have!).

on 9/11/2013 5:44:00 PM

I thought I would give this another try. I tried it about 5yrs ago and hated it then. Anyway the clerk talked me into trying it again. After about 3 days of wear it caused my face to break out in some huge zits. It also does not control oil at all. So from dealing with zits and oil I would never buy this again nor recommend it.

on 8/9/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first make up! My aunt gave me the starter kit as a gift for christmas (few years ago). I switched to other brands for more options and then few weeks ago I saw my old starter kit and tried it again and I realize this powder is pretty awesome if you have an oily skin. The only bad thing is..I realized I got the wrong shade! I got the medium tan when I think I should have gotten the Tan shade. Medium Tan was pretty ashy for me.

But overall this stuff is good for people with oily skin lasting power is pretty decent too although its really expensive!! and the packaging is just way too messy to work with

Just got the starter kit for my birthday in light. I have good skin NOW thanks to proactiv but have some scarring and redness around nose. I put this on one side of face and it covers great. I even wore it to bed just to see how it looked after rubbing face on pillow etc and it stayed on! So far I like it. Wish it was cheaper but from what I'm told it last forever so your not buying more all the time.

on 7/24/2013 5:06:00 PM

I do like this product it dosent seem to brake me out, as long as u keep your brushes clean! it provides good coverage .. my face gets super oily with this product tho and it can look cakey at Times.

on 7/21/2013 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Bought this as part of a starter kit with brushes. Kudos to Bare Escentuals for making an affordable sample kit! Two Lippies just for that.

Was looking for a light foundation to use on hot humid days when my usual liquid seems too heavy, The powder foundation was easy to apply but makes a small mess on the counter. Made my pores look larger than normal, even after using Mineral Veil. Tried it over primer - same results. Really wanted to like this but not for me.

on 5/28/2013 2:23:00 AM

I just simply do not like this. The packaging sucks it gets everywhere. I have small pores that aren't visible and this makes them look like giant craters in my face. It looks cakey and Grosse I do not recommend this at all a total disappointment. I was so excited as I always saw this on tv.

on 5/22/2013 4:16:00 PM

This is terrible, I have to use so much product in order to do anything, around or even less than one hour I'm an oily mess and redness and blemishes are clearly showing through. I would have returned this to Ulta after one use, but I bought it in a kit and I do like the mascara. It's just awful! If you're very oily and acne prone don't buy! This stuff is for those who basically have perfect skin already, so I don't know why they would even need this. Also I used a primer under this and it still came off, and I use smashbox photofinish primer which I love under my other foundations. Steer clear of this!

Being honest id heard the big hype about this and i wasnt impressed at all, i was promised a beautiful foundation that covered and concealed, i found it was cakey, dry and didnt cover or conceal anything, my dark circles looked ashy and cakey and probably worse than they started out as! I really didn't like this and i wasted so much money on it, disappointing.

on 4/21/2013 9:48:00 AM

Ok I have been using this foundation for 7 or 8 years. It has been an HG product and I do not have many. I loved that it is a powder and sheer build-able coverage, so you don't have to worry about having an "exact" match... whose skin is all 1 color anyway? That being said, I just don't have time for this stuff anymore. It is messy and takes way to much time to swirl tap buff, layering it on just perfect, etc. I hardly wear makeup anymore because I just don't have time for this. Lately if i wear m/u i use Nars tinted moisturizer instead and a thin, quick layer of this, mostly to use it up. I might look into the new pressed powders but I am actually very happy with the TM.