January 30, 2015 | 1876 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by klandon61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this as part of a starter kit with brushes. Kudos to Bare Escentuals for making an affordable sample kit! Two Lippies just for that.

Was looking for a light foundation to use on hot humid days when my usual liquid seems too heavy, The powder foundation was easy to apply but makes a small mess on the counter. Made my pores look larger than normal, even after using Mineral Veil. Tried it over primer - same results. Really wanted to like this but not for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just simply do not like this. The packaging sucks it gets everywhere. I have small pores that aren't visible and this makes them look like giant craters in my face. It looks cakey and Grosse I do not recommend this at all a total disappointment. I was so excited as I always saw this on tv.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by carnation95

This is terrible, I have to use so much product in order to do anything, around or even less than one hour I'm an oily mess and redness and blemishes are clearly showing through. I would have returned this to Ulta after one use, but I bought it in a kit and I do like the mascara. It's just awful! If you're very oily and acne prone don't buy! This stuff is for those who basically have perfect skin already, so I don't know why they would even need this. Also I used a primer under this and it still came off, and I use smashbox photofinish primer which I love under my other foundations. Steer clear of this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Being honest id heard the big hype about this and i wasnt impressed at all, i was promised a beautiful foundation that covered and concealed, i found it was cakey, dry and didnt cover or conceal anything, my dark circles looked ashy and cakey and probably worse than they started out as! I really didn't like this and i wasted so much money on it, disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok I have been using this foundation for 7 or 8 years. It has been an HG product and I do not have many. I loved that it is a powder and sheer build-able coverage, so you don't have to worry about having an "exact" match... whose skin is all 1 color anyway? That being said, I just don't have time for this stuff anymore. It is messy and takes way to much time to swirl tap buff, layering it on just perfect, etc. I hardly wear makeup anymore because I just don't have time for this. Lately if i wear m/u i use Nars tinted moisturizer instead and a thin, quick layer of this, mostly to use it up. I might look into the new pressed powders but I am actually very happy with the TM.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I really like this foundation. It literally covers up EVERYTHING, from blemishes to redness. I didn't even have to use any concealer. The finish is beautiful and great for any season. Even for my oily skin, it didn't bunch up like other powders. It stayed put! What's also great about this foundation is it has buildable coverage, so I can put more on throughout the day if needed and not feel like I have on a mask! My only complaint is that it made me break out a little (not bad, just 1 or 2 blemishes) but this is because I didn't moisturize before putting it on, so that was my fault. :) Good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jayneKerr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i adore this foundation. A few years ago i had terrible skin, i went to a skin doctor and they reccomended this product to me, it has changed my whole life, im a more confident person with this makeup on, its natural but at the same time gives full coverage. I suffer from bad acne and red patches but using this foundation alone has improved my skin 100%. I will never use liquid foundation again!. Honestly give this product a go, its kind to your skin, doesnt contain any bad ingredients and gives you a flawless finish, im 17 and i started wearing this when i was around 15. Im converted, ill NEVER use liquid again, first time ever reviewing a product but i felt the need to review this, also the foundation itself comes in a wide range of colours, i wear this everyday and it lasts me 3+ months.
LOVE BAREMINERALS <3

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by whiteblackcat

First I really liked this product, it seemed to be a good alternative to liquid foundations. Even though, after some time, I started to feel a mask-effect when it was applied, my skin felt irritated and not comfortable.
It gets oily on my nose and forehead in some 2h, in general, the skin does not look fresh and lively in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

i used this for almost a year since i bought a starter kit
this foundation really didnt do anything for me
when i wore it my pores looked huge!! and did not cover any redness
also really made my dry patches stand out
it went on cakey and did not last throughout the day
AND it if my face was to sweat it would burn and itch not good!
will never buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Gemmylou86

After having my daughter my skin changed a lot and liquid foundation just started looking bad on me so when I saw this on qvc I had to try it.
I have combination skin with a flaky/oily t zone and I find unless I exfoliate before EVERY application it finds the tiniest patches of dry skin and clings on for dear life!
It also seems to accentuate pores I didn't even know I had. Indoors it looks flawless, I'll admit... And you get no neck/face colour tide mark but in daylight my skin looks awful! A bit dead and waxy like I'm a corpse that's just been made up in the morgue! I've tried various colours to no avail.
It seems to wear off quickly even with the prime time primer and I look oily after a short period, and I'm not impressed with the coverage.
Like I said, indoors I look wonderful - unfortunately I can't spend all say indoors!

I'm going to try the matte version and hopefully that will work otherwise it'll just be a case of money down the drain and back to my HG foundation quest