Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

3.5

Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Soil Minerals, Silica, Mica, Calcium Silicate (+/-): Zinc Oxide (CI77947), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499)

Just got the starter kit for my birthday in light. I have good skin NOW thanks to proactiv but have some scarring and redness around nose. I put this on one side of face and it covers great. I even wore it to bed just to see how it looked after rubbing face on pillow etc and it stayed on! So far I like it. Wish it was cheaper but from what I'm told it last forever so your not buying more all the time.

on 7/24/2013 5:06:00 PM

I do like this product it dosent seem to brake me out, as long as u keep your brushes clean! it provides good coverage .. my face gets super oily with this product tho and it can look cakey at Times.

on 7/21/2013 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Bought this as part of a starter kit with brushes. Kudos to Bare Escentuals for making an affordable sample kit! Two Lippies just for that.

Was looking for a light foundation to use on hot humid days when my usual liquid seems too heavy, The powder foundation was easy to apply but makes a small mess on the counter. Made my pores look larger than normal, even after using Mineral Veil. Tried it over primer - same results. Really wanted to like this but not for me.

on 5/28/2013 2:23:00 AM

I just simply do not like this. The packaging sucks it gets everywhere. I have small pores that aren't visible and this makes them look like giant craters in my face. It looks cakey and Grosse I do not recommend this at all a total disappointment. I was so excited as I always saw this on tv.

on 5/22/2013 4:16:00 PM

This is terrible, I have to use so much product in order to do anything, around or even less than one hour I'm an oily mess and redness and blemishes are clearly showing through. I would have returned this to Ulta after one use, but I bought it in a kit and I do like the mascara. It's just awful! If you're very oily and acne prone don't buy! This stuff is for those who basically have perfect skin already, so I don't know why they would even need this. Also I used a primer under this and it still came off, and I use smashbox photofinish primer which I love under my other foundations. Steer clear of this!

Being honest id heard the big hype about this and i wasnt impressed at all, i was promised a beautiful foundation that covered and concealed, i found it was cakey, dry and didnt cover or conceal anything, my dark circles looked ashy and cakey and probably worse than they started out as! I really didn't like this and i wasted so much money on it, disappointing.

on 4/21/2013 9:48:00 AM

Ok I have been using this foundation for 7 or 8 years. It has been an HG product and I do not have many. I loved that it is a powder and sheer build-able coverage, so you don't have to worry about having an "exact" match... whose skin is all 1 color anyway? That being said, I just don't have time for this stuff anymore. It is messy and takes way to much time to swirl tap buff, layering it on just perfect, etc. I hardly wear makeup anymore because I just don't have time for this. Lately if i wear m/u i use Nars tinted moisturizer instead and a thin, quick layer of this, mostly to use it up. I might look into the new pressed powders but I am actually very happy with the TM.

on 2/1/2013 11:34:00 AM

I really like this foundation. It literally covers up EVERYTHING, from blemishes to redness. I didn't even have to use any concealer. The finish is beautiful and great for any season. Even for my oily skin, it didn't bunch up like other powders. It stayed put! What's also great about this foundation is it has buildable coverage, so I can put more on throughout the day if needed and not feel like I have on a mask! My only complaint is that it made me break out a little (not bad, just 1 or 2 blemishes) but this is because I didn't moisturize before putting it on, so that was my fault. :) Good product!

on 12/27/2012 5:38:00 PM

i adore this foundation. A few years ago i had terrible skin, i went to a skin doctor and they reccomended this product to me, it has changed my whole life, im a more confident person with this makeup on, its natural but at the same time gives full coverage. I suffer from bad acne and red patches but using this foundation alone has improved my skin 100%. I will never use liquid foundation again!. Honestly give this product a go, its kind to your skin, doesnt contain any bad ingredients and gives you a flawless finish, im 17 and i started wearing this when i was around 15. Im converted, ill NEVER use liquid again, first time ever reviewing a product but i felt the need to review this, also the foundation itself comes in a wide range of colours, i wear this everyday and it lasts me 3+ months.
LOVE BAREMINERALS <3

First I really liked this product, it seemed to be a good alternative to liquid foundations. Even though, after some time, I started to feel a mask-effect when it was applied, my skin felt irritated and not comfortable.
It gets oily on my nose and forehead in some 2h, in general, the skin does not look fresh and lively in it.