October 25, 2014 | 1953 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Invisible Fluid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by agnessman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely my favourite foundation at the moment!!:D I used the lightest shade. It's so light weighted, and looks really natural(I'd say the finish is similar to chanel vitalumiere aqua). In a nutshell, This is a lovely fdt but I won't repurchase it since I wanna try other fdt:)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by shushiroll

The texture of this foundation is really really nice. Creamy yet light. True to its name, it is very fluid - kind of like a milky Japanese sunscreen. It feels very nice on the skin, nearly invisible. The feel of this foundation is exactly what I wanted.

Unfortunately it has horrible staying powder and it oxidizes. I got color matched at an Estee Lauder counter and had the SA do my entire face. I happily walked out and checked my face outside after an hour only to discover that the foundation was now in patches, and had oxidized to a really horrible dark orange color!

I never understood what it meant to have patchy foundation as I don't really wear foundation, but now I get it. It was so obvious and really embarrassing.

I was incorrectly matched as I had checked the color outside immediately after I left the makeup counter. It was too dark, but I had planned on going back until the patchiness and the oxidation.

I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks. The patchiness and oxidation happened everywhere. Didn't work for me but maybe the foundation will work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lottypotty

Love this foundation for a night out when I don't want too much coverage & the lack of SPF = no flashback in photos! Apply it with a paddle brush to get slightly more coverage than with ur hands. Controls oil pretty well & doesn't break me out. Love Estée Lauder products overall

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Hum... Not sure yet. Only have worn it one day and I was super tired so maybe would look better when I have had more rest. Easy too apply but yes super light. Too tired to put on over my sunscreen so will try tomorrow. Was using Chanel Aqua but hate the smell...anything applied too face should not have any scent IMO. My coworkers said it looked better than the Chanel so I will try it a bit longer and give a update. Yes, super light and seems just a bit heavier than a tinted moisturizer. We shall see. Well I think I like it more than the Chanel Aqua... It glides on much better and has a far better color range. The Chanel is good but hate the smell... I just wish this had a SPF. If I had to choose I think it would be this one!!!! Ok I decided on this on over the chanel. After trying samples for over a month I like this the best! Super light coverage and since it has no SPF it forces me to put on my Elta MD 45 SPF which is better that any sunscreen for the face. I love that it has no scent and has worked great over the sunscreen. I found that the Chanel got a bit cakey and this one did not. So try this if you want super light coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by GracefaceYay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation was ok for me. I like it a lot for summer! It's very light and evens out your skin tone. However, I do not recommend this product for people with acne. It covers very little. I like to use a bit of concealer with it. It's light weight and has a dewy finish but at the same time controls oil well. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because i like to try new foundations and don't tend to stick to one very long. My only complaint is that the makeup is VERY thin its a little hard to apply because its so runny. Other than that its an exceptional foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have given a low rating because:
1. It broke me out on my cheeks, very large and painful spots. My skin is acne prone but I keep it under control with a consistent regime. It was obvious it was this

2. It separates in 3 hours. This is very dissapointing. When I go to work I don't want to worry about touching up my makeup every 3 hours. One reviewer says you can reapply and carry on. I just can't justify my time and the cost of this makeup to do that. I am not doing my same makeup routine again 3 hours later

Kudos for no fragrance, lovely feel, breath ability and nice finish when you FIRST put it on ;)

I went into Shoppers and picked up Lise Watier Mattifant from what I read on here and that stuff is amazing!!! Will review it after a few weeks of wear

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Am very pleased with this foundation though was surprised I was matched with 1CN as I've usually been told my skin has warm rather than cool or neutral tones. That said though this shade seems to match my very fair skin. In terms of individual issues, I am almost 63 so my skin has some miles on it! It is also highly reactive and I have some mild rosacea on my chin, sides of cheeks, and chin.

I really like the fact that this foundation is very light in terms of coverage though have discovered it is indeed buildable. However for anything real visible I use a concealer anyway. I also wear a light sunscreen/moisturizer under any makeup so this product's lack of a sunscreen is not a problem for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I haven't worn anything other than mineral powder in years because they liquid foundations were all heavy and sat on top of my skin. They were a major factor in my break-out problem. The other day I saw Estee Lauder's new Invisible Fluid Makeup and the sales associate applied it for me. Seeing it in the store, under really poor lighting, does not sell me on a product, but it felt light and I decided to give it a try. I'm really happy that I did. It evens out my skin tone and I don't see makeup caked on my face; this foundation is truly invisible. It lasted all day for me and my face does not look oily or shiny, although I don't expect the same result when it's sweltering outside. A thicker foundation would no doubt make my skin look more polished, but would also cause blemishes. As for SPF, I'm very glad they don't include it in this foundation. You get much better protection by applying a broad spectrum sunscreen (I love EltaMD UV Clear) under your foundation. I'm going to keep an eye out for a (cheaper) Clinique variant of this, but so far, it's a keeper for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Laurel15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After using this foundation for a few weeks, I'm not so crazy about it. But I'll start with the things I like about it: The colors blend very well with my skin. I'm able to wear both the 2CN1 and the 2CN2, depending on my hair color or outfit. It goes on very sheer and blends well with my natural skin tone. I wear it over SPF moisturizer, with a little powder over it, and it looks very nice. Not gorgeous, but nice.

However, this foundation doesn't wear well at all. By the middle of the day I look sort of dull and meh. It's hard to describe, but my favorite foundations are the ones that make my skin look polished and more glowing as they wear, so that by the evening I don't even want to wash my face. This stuff does not perform. I think it just doesn't contain enough pigment. And I wish it had an SPF. The SA told me that it was a good thing that they removed the sun protection from their foundations, but living in sunny South Florida, I need all the sun protection I can get. So I plan to continue looking for a foundation that looks great not just in the morning, but all day long.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by moppage

Background info: I work an outdoor job, rain, wind or shine in a variety of locations including tip sites, waste water treatment plants, farms, forests, out at sea or on a lake. My skin is combination, in fairly good condition with some pigmentation around the mouth, nose and middle of my forehead. I occasionally get blocked pores in pigmented areas but nothing of real concern.

The Mission: To find a low-maintenance, super sheer, easy to apply foundation that will even out my skin tone and hangs around for the majority of the day. Importantly this foundation must be impossible to see on the skin, as my colleagues, clients and managers would not take me seriously if I turned up to work "made up".

How I use it: It is currently winter in New Zealand, so I will moisturise first with olay moisturising cream, then apply a neutrogena dryblock sunscreen. After these products have mostly sunk into my skin, I then apply dots of the foundation where ever I have pigmentation i.e. mouth, chin, nose and forehead, I then blend out with my fingers. I finish my makeup with the tiniest hint of highlighter on my cheeks, a lick of mascara and eyeliner massaged into my lash line a la Lisa Eldridge's no makeup makeup youtube video (look her up, she is very good).

What I think: The finish is neither dewy nor matte, but clean, fresh and healthy looking, it is very light and feels like I am wearing nothing at all, it is buildable, so if I am more pigmented than usual it is easy to just apply more without looking cakey. Throughout the day it continues to looks natural and healthy.

As this foundation is very sheer and I apply with a light touch, it does fade towards the end of the day, most noticeably around my nose, but this is most likely because I rub my nose a lot throughout the day, sometimes with rubber gloves on. I still end up with pink cheeks after all the outdoor work, but it is muted and cleaner looking. I also still get an oily forehead but much like the cheeks, it's not as obvious and looks cleaner. If I have a dry spot or flaky skin, at the end of the day the makeup does look a little patchy in these areas, but again hardly noticeable. Given that my work is physical and it is not uncommon for me to be caught out in the rain, this foundation lasts longer than I would ordinarily expect.

All in all this foundation does all that I require and will likely buy it after I finish the generous sample I was given. With this foundation, I look good, feel good and retain a touch of femininity within a sea of steel-capped boots, fleeced jumpers, high-vis vests and blue-collared language. For this reason I will continue to use it and I am happy to recommend it to anyone wanting a natural, sheer foundation for everyday. It will however be interesting to see how this foundation behaves during the summer when I start using Banana boat ultra sport spray sunscreen on my face halfway through my working day for added sun protection.

Please note: On my hunt for a foundation, I also tried Lancome visionnarie, Diorskin nude hydrating makeup and Chanel aqua vitalumiere. I honestly found the Chanel foundation to have a slightly better finish, but Estee Lauder is more affordable and fulfills all of my requirements. I am hoping to try Clarins ever matte before I buy the Estee Lauder, but feel comfortable in recommending this product to those looking for something similar to what I wanted.

I hope this review is helpful to anyone looking to try this foundation.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No