December 19, 2014 | 1466 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Invisible Fluid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by bellahaley

Amazing. It will stay on even oily skin during hot days and during gym class. I'm in high school an it last all day but does fade a little, school is 7ish hours. It will cling to flakes but other that that is great.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by AshKay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a long-term user of double wear liquid foundation and still have a bottle of double wear on hand, but in the last 3 years after climbing the 40 fence, I have been trying to find a "less is more" foundation which provides reasonable coverage of pesky age spots, discolouration and melasma whilst still giving a 'no make-up look'. Almost impossible!
I have tried a range of foundations in the medium coverage zone (Dior Nude, Revlon photoready, double wear amongst others) and stumbled on the Invisible fluid whilst waiting for a tester of Double wear light Intensity 2. The Sa at the Estee lauder counter applied the colour 2WN2 and it looked pretty good in shop. I wisely went outside in natural light and still liked the look and colour and so on impulse bought the Invisble fluid in 2WC2 (NC 20 in Mac studio fix). The sa told me that this colour was perfect match according to the EL colour chart which matched the double wear colour I use (Rattan here in sunny Oz) to this colour.

I got home and was horified to find I had become pumpkin coloured and the foundation appeared muddy and slightly orange tinged and very flat-looking.
Too be fair, I took all my make-up off and started my usual routine of sunscreen, moisturiser and foundation which looked fine, but after 10 mins the familiar orange muddy look was back.
Thought I would give it one more go... 3rd time lucky and applied the foundation this morning. Same thing. I am really peeved as firstly this is more expensive than the double wear and dw light ($68) and the sa did not advise me that this foundation can oxidise (I have normal skin) Now I will have to take it back and try and get another colour (lighter) or give up on this foundation. Perhaps rather go with the double wear light despite the colours being limited.
Thumbs down EStee Lauder and the ignorance and unhelpfulness of sales staff!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by agnessman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely my favourite foundation at the moment!!:D I used the lightest shade. It's so light weighted, and looks really natural(I'd say the finish is similar to chanel vitalumiere aqua). In a nutshell, This is a lovely fdt but I won't repurchase it since I wanna try other fdt:)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by shushiroll

The texture of this foundation is really really nice. Creamy yet light. True to its name, it is very fluid - kind of like a milky Japanese sunscreen. It feels very nice on the skin, nearly invisible. The feel of this foundation is exactly what I wanted.

Unfortunately it has horrible staying powder and it oxidizes. I got color matched at an Estee Lauder counter and had the SA do my entire face. I happily walked out and checked my face outside after an hour only to discover that the foundation was now in patches, and had oxidized to a really horrible dark orange color!

I never understood what it meant to have patchy foundation as I don't really wear foundation, but now I get it. It was so obvious and really embarrassing.

I was incorrectly matched as I had checked the color outside immediately after I left the makeup counter. It was too dark, but I had planned on going back until the patchiness and the oxidation.

I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks. The patchiness and oxidation happened everywhere. Didn't work for me but maybe the foundation will work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by lottypotty

Love this foundation for a night out when I don't want too much coverage & the lack of SPF = no flashback in photos! Apply it with a paddle brush to get slightly more coverage than with ur hands. Controls oil pretty well & doesn't break me out. Love Estée Lauder products overall

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Hum... Not sure yet. Only have worn it one day and I was super tired so maybe would look better when I have had more rest. Easy too apply but yes super light. Too tired to put on over my sunscreen so will try tomorrow. Was using Chanel Aqua but hate the smell...anything applied too face should not have any scent IMO. My coworkers said it looked better than the Chanel so I will try it a bit longer and give a update. Yes, super light and seems just a bit heavier than a tinted moisturizer. We shall see. Well I think I like it more than the Chanel Aqua... It glides on much better and has a far better color range. The Chanel is good but hate the smell... I just wish this had a SPF. If I had to choose I think it would be this one!!!! Ok I decided on this on over the chanel. After trying samples for over a month I like this the best! Super light coverage and since it has no SPF it forces me to put on my Elta MD 45 SPF which is better that any sunscreen for the face. I love that it has no scent and has worked great over the sunscreen. I found that the Chanel got a bit cakey and this one did not. So try this if you want super light coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by GracefaceYay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation was ok for me. I like it a lot for summer! It's very light and evens out your skin tone. However, I do not recommend this product for people with acne. It covers very little. I like to use a bit of concealer with it. It's light weight and has a dewy finish but at the same time controls oil well. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because i like to try new foundations and don't tend to stick to one very long. My only complaint is that the makeup is VERY thin its a little hard to apply because its so runny. Other than that its an exceptional foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have given a low rating because:
1. It broke me out on my cheeks, very large and painful spots. My skin is acne prone but I keep it under control with a consistent regime. It was obvious it was this

2. It separates in 3 hours. This is very dissapointing. When I go to work I don't want to worry about touching up my makeup every 3 hours. One reviewer says you can reapply and carry on. I just can't justify my time and the cost of this makeup to do that. I am not doing my same makeup routine again 3 hours later

Kudos for no fragrance, lovely feel, breath ability and nice finish when you FIRST put it on ;)

I went into Shoppers and picked up Lise Watier Mattifant from what I read on here and that stuff is amazing!!! Will review it after a few weeks of wear

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Am very pleased with this foundation though was surprised I was matched with 1CN as I've usually been told my skin has warm rather than cool or neutral tones. That said though this shade seems to match my very fair skin. In terms of individual issues, I am almost 63 so my skin has some miles on it! It is also highly reactive and I have some mild rosacea on my chin, sides of cheeks, and chin.

I really like the fact that this foundation is very light in terms of coverage though have discovered it is indeed buildable. However for anything real visible I use a concealer anyway. I also wear a light sunscreen/moisturizer under any makeup so this product's lack of a sunscreen is not a problem for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I haven't worn anything other than mineral powder in years because they liquid foundations were all heavy and sat on top of my skin. They were a major factor in my break-out problem. The other day I saw Estee Lauder's new Invisible Fluid Makeup and the sales associate applied it for me. Seeing it in the store, under really poor lighting, does not sell me on a product, but it felt light and I decided to give it a try. I'm really happy that I did. It evens out my skin tone and I don't see makeup caked on my face; this foundation is truly invisible. It lasted all day for me and my face does not look oily or shiny, although I don't expect the same result when it's sweltering outside. A thicker foundation would no doubt make my skin look more polished, but would also cause blemishes. As for SPF, I'm very glad they don't include it in this foundation. You get much better protection by applying a broad spectrum sunscreen (I love EltaMD UV Clear) under your foundation. I'm going to keep an eye out for a (cheaper) Clinique variant of this, but so far, it's a keeper for me.