April 17, 2014 | 1420 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Amynichol14

THIS PRODUCT IS ONE WORD ..... PERFECT.
I ALMOST CANNOT PHYSICALLY EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS PRODUCT

Is this foundation a fair price? Yes.
Did they have a good shade for me? Yes.
Did it seem like a very promising purchase? Most definitely.
Was it. YOU CAN BET YOUR LUCKY STARS IT WAS.

So what went WRIGHT?
*The packaging. Not the best Looks pretty sleek and everything, but there isn't a box or pump.
*The shade selection! There are a lot of different shades for fairer people, but looking on the website, there is very little selection for darker skin tones. The shades made for very fair skin (like I am) are very medium tone. I have pinky undertones, so obviously they looked good on me. (after the first shade I got didn't suit me, I went back and tried others they all mached except the really dark ones.)

Do yourself a favor- and buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by raindrops_on_roses

I picked this up after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it in a tutorial. I had been using foundations from the L'Oreal True Match line, which were fine, but just had a little bit too much slip to them, even with powder. This product is AMAZING. First of all, I got it at Ulta for $4.99.....which is like a third of what you pay for good drugstore foundations nowadays. The texture is like a mousse, but it's only creamy as long as it takes to apply it....it dries completely. Some people may even find it dries too much. This "dry mousse" texture is what I am loving right now. I use the Stay Matte powder too, but you could even skip powder with this and be fine. The coverage is great. The packaging is minimal, but fine. I prefer pumps, but this kind of tube is the next best thing.

For some people, they are going to find it to be cakey and pore-emphasizing. If you are self-conscious about your pores, or have super dry skin, this may not be for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing the new formulation in the purple crown tube. I know this has gotten a ton of love lately on youtube and even on here, but no. No no no. I got super excited to try it, along with the new stay matte primer 003, but it's really, really not nice on the face. The mousse colors have a very limited range, and while ivory was the closest thing to my skintone, it was still a tad bit yellow for me. I'm NC15 with some reddish pink undertone. Not only that, but my god does it ever cling to every problem spot on your face! Impossible to spread, even with a damp beauty blender, I ended up with thicker patches in certain areas, resulting in a streaky, spongy looking finish. It also transfers like a b***h. Definitely returning this even though it was only 10 bucks, I can't imagine wearing it for longer than an hour. Oh, and stay matte my butt! Sure the formulation is super matte, but also cakey, and I was oily not even 2 hours later! If you really want to try it go for it, it's cheap, but you get what you pay for with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Jennamilne1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

New formulation is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Fallenangel1241

I am reviewing the new formulation of this product. I picked up the Light P. (NC25) shade at Ulta for $4.99 and have completely stopped using my tried and true Kat Von D foundation ever since. The packaging is very user-friendly-I have seen a lot of reviews comparing this product to Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation, and while this product, in my opinion, is superior in MANY ways, it is without out question packaged better than the bulky RCSWF. Medium to FULL coverage, non-creasing under the eyes, extremely buildable with a lightweight, silky feel. Incredible staying power, mattifying....beautiful! Oily skinned gals, acne-prone gals-TRY THIS! It obviously isn't meant to work for the drier among you but if you struggle with oil production, uneven skin tone and texture, breakouts or hard to cover areas-this stuff is worth a try! I picked up 4 more tubes today and at the price point, you've got nothing to lose!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by xbexiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing the new formula, just to be clear. This stuff is amazing! The consistency is a light mousse which gives a flawless airbrushed look. It's full coverage and the shade 'ivory' is a great match for my complexion. I believe there's a pretty decent colour range. I make sure my skin is well moisturised before use and definitely wouldn't recommend if you have dry skin as it would probably cling to dry patches and look cakey. This foundation definitely lives up to its claim of keeping you matte. I work 9 hour shifts and don't need to touch up with powder or blotting sheets at all, and I have pretty oily skin. I also love the squeeze tube - light, hygienic and convenient. In a nut shell I LOVE this, you just can't beat it for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

I'm reviewing about the new stay matte foundation which is not the same as the old one in the picture! This foundation makes me look literally flawless! I've never found a foundation that creates a better coverage than this one! A tiny pea-sized amount of this product goes such a long, long, long way. I love it and it makes my face look matte, smooth and perfect all day long! My only problem is it's kinda hard to blend in because it's quite cakey and dry. However, once you've blended it in it looks like your natural skin colour and there are a variety of shades for pale people so it's great. (I use a bit of moisturiser over the foundation once I've applied it so I don't look too dry).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by xp0418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst I have ever used. It is runny and like a lotion when you apply it on your face. I tried to mix it with another, more solid type of foundation but even that did not help. When I put it on I couldn't even see any difference on my face - it was as if I did not put anything on at all. Will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mfguille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

JUST A WORD OF CAUTION THERE ARE REVIEWS ON HERE FOR TWO DIFFERENT PRODUCTS ON HERE. IT'S RIMMELS NEW LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION THAT HAS GOTTEN A LOT OF PRAISE, NOT THE OLDER FORMULA.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Deenapan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I received a tube of Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I tend to have very oily skin, especially by the end of the work day, which is what makes this product so good for me. I have used this a few times and found that it really reduced the shine I get around my nose and on my chin. This is definitely a product that I will be using in the future to keep my shine down!! It is light and comfortable to wear, but also blends well and gives your face an even tone.