April 18, 2014 | 909 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in "Attitude" and are the worst eyeshadows that I have ever had. The color payoff is terrible, the lighter colors don't even show up and the darker ones are a "muddy" mess. They are no soft at all, are hard to blend, are poorly pigmented... in one word, a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 5:35:00 AM More reviews by MrsRupee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow is really incredibly long lasting with great color options. I highly recommend. You must give it a try, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by bonnydoon

I purchased this in Addictive (neutral, mostly matte taupes and browns) and Adventurous (richer olive green, browns) and guess what - I like 'em! I'm surprsed at all the negative reviews but it could be that Revlon reformulated... Anyway, I wanted some work-friendly, light weight quads to tote to work in my MU bag, and these have served me well. I wish there was a mirror in the compact though.

The matte Attitude shadows aren't buttery, but neither can they be described as chalky. They're good, neutral colours that I can slap on in a flash without messing up. Lasted all day on my without a primer (no time for that!) which is great b/c my eyelids are so oily.

The Adventurous shadows are more deeply pigmented, and wear just as long. More dramatic but still SFW.

Pretty good overall, and I feel pulled together without looking made up. I wasn't expecting loads of pigment but was pleasantly surprised, and no I don't work for the company. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Badoumba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in Enchanted and Adventurous and I love both of them. The shades are gorgeous and they are a great combination of matte and shimmery colours.
They both compliment my green eyes and they stay put for a very long time! I have very oily eyelids and I can't keep shadows on for more than a couple of hours. With a primer, these stay on looking beautiful for about 10 hours.
They are very pricy in Australia but they are still worth it compared to other cheaper products. I will definitely repurchase these shades and probably try other combinations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm reviewing this for the shade "Seductive", which is the purple palette. I was originally drawn by the cool midtone purples, which bring out the red tones in my brown eyes. The packaging is sleek, and the price is fine- not too expensive, but I'd wait for a sale.

The colors in the palette are a glittery pale lilac, a darker (but still pale!) lilac, a beautiful cool midtone, and a dark purple with blue shimmer. The top two shades look exactly the same on the eye and I cannot stand them. No matter how much I pack them on, they still don't appear. They cannot be used on the browbone because of the glitter and just... patch everywhere. lol. The top two are literally awful. On a primer, they work exactly the same. The bottom two colors are the redeeming colors in the palette, they're beautiful! I love to put UD Half Baked on the lid, with the midtone in the crease and the dark purple in the outer "v". The only problem with the darker colors is that they fade... and almost change colors? Originally they appear on the lid fairly close to the pan color, but as the minutes go by, they fade to a duskier, paler color. I just put more on, and the problem is solved!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Eop234

Thank gosh I had a coupon for this!

I got the quad "moonlight" for $2.65, its original price was $8.49. These colors are okay, but are a bit sparkly for me. I am still trying to make these work, mostly because I really really WANT them to work! The shades are too pretty, I just can't throw them out! I'll update if I find a way to make them work!!

Oh, the packaging is really good by the way :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

First of all I would have to say I much prefered the old Colorstay quads, but I preferred the old wet dry quads way more than both of these. These aren't actually so bad. I had the quad Siren (silver/taupes) was just awful on me bad lasting power and super glittery all the colours turned bluish on my yellow toned skin. However I also have the Luscious (greens quad) when I first recieved it I had to admit I thought it would look very 80s (mint green brow highlighter, lime green mid tone, olive green and a hunter green shimmer gold duochrome) I was actually amazed how nice this one went on, the olive tone really blends with the lime green and makes it alot more wearable - a weird combo of greens which seems to really bring out the green in my hazel eyes - most green palettes make my eyes appear more of an amber colour . I would probably use a white brow highlight but overall a really nice quad - a 4 for the Luscious quad but would rate the Siren quad a 1. I have since purchased the Delightful quad - pretty peachy shades with creams gold and grey but this one is just atrocious - I am the palest of the pale and this doesnt show up on me even with a primer and a base its just gritty glitter all over my face - dreadful. I have also purchased the brown quad Addictive and expecting it to arrive soon hopefully I have better luck with it like I did the Luscious quad. Sorry Revlon you could do better these are so hit and miss unlike your last Colorstay quads and the amazing wet dry quads before those.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

As usual, something wasn't broke, but some idiot got a bright idea and thought he had to fix it anyway. Revlon's old quads were wonderful; the color was creamy and pigmented and the payoff was great. These new ones are pretty sorry. My go-to day quad was the old Nude Elements because of the perfect cool matte taupe shade it had. Now, the old quads feature mostly warmer browns and taupes. Also, LISTEN UP, REVLON! What happened to matte shadows? I am 49 years old and I don't want fairy dust on my freaking eyelids!

GRRRRRRR

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by TGrif6025

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The staying power of these eye shadows was actually pretty good, but I found the pay-off quite disappointing. I would rub and rub at the eyeshadow and very little actually came off. I prefer eye shadows that are a little more creamy and easy to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by arrasarras

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very good eyshadow who stays for a long time. Excellent quality. I don't understand the low rating.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No