Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow

2.9

May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77431, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891)*, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Carmine (CI75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 40 (CI 16035), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Hydroxide Green ((CI 77288), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77289)22835 *Bound.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like the Revlon Colorstay shadows. I think they do last. The quads really help me coordinate the colors well. I would have never put a dark green on, but when blended in with the rest of these it really looked great for a night time dark eye.

Doesnt look same on eyes, doesnt last long. Overall poor quality

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was really disappointed with this eyeshadow quad (in Addictive). There was NO pigment, and the eyeshadow itself was poor in quality.

...and this is coming from someone who only buys drugstore products.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this quad after reading all the negative comments, thinking Revlon can't be as bad! I'm glad I've gave it a try!!! The colors are beautiful, the pigmentation is just right and it stays on all day long.I apply it over my Revlon ColorStay foundation, it's easy to blend with my regular eye shadow brushes. Great eye shadow for a great price! I'm yet to get disappointed in Revlon products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Revlon colorstay in Brazen.

Let me start with what I like about this eye shadow. The colors are divine. I bought brazen and it is a perfect warm palatte. I love the texture of the shadow. Soft, buttery, and smooth to the touch. The matte colors are Beautiful. Simply Beautiful! The shadow does not flake or powder off your lid. And I love that it does not get stuck in the creases of your lids. For a lady with a hooded lid this is a good thing. It stays where you put it.

I do not like the lack of lasting power. Why do they say ColorStay? It does not last! It lasted maybe 4 hours for me. And I am too busy to reapply shadow throughout my day or evening. I think it is overpriced for what you are getting. I paid $7.99. Too much. I should have saved my pennies and just bought the Urban Decay. UD has far better lasting power.

My daughter and I were at target and I foolishly wandered over to the cosemtic ailes where I wasted money on this and a few other goodies. Why do I do this??? Is it the never ending hunt for the holy grail? The belief that just maybe there is a treasure hidden in a drug store aile of make up? I have found treasures before and I promise you I will do this all over again the next time I happen to find myself distracted by the lure of pretty packages...

Save your money...of if this is all you can afford try it with a primer. Maybe that might make it last.... hmmmmm I need to do this.....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the "Addictive" quad and I'm sooooo disappointed. I feel like Revlon is just not as good as it used to be.
Let me say that I am a bit of a snob when it comes to eyeshadow and I pretty much stick with MAC (though I have some Clinique and Lancome I use here and there). I was grocery shopping and decided to purchase some DS eyeshadow on an impulse buy. I had a couple of the old Revlon quads a couple of years back when I first go into make-up, but threw them out when I started going higher end. I don't know why I did that since they were pretty decent (I had a berry/plummy quad and a neutral brown quad, they may have been those "wet/dry formula" ones). The packaging is different on these new quads and the color combinations are different.
I picked "Addictive" since the colors looked fairly simple and neutral.
The top two ( a very light champage and a neutral beige) look exactly the same, nothing but straight-up GLITTER CHUNKS. I'm 34 and glitter is a no-no. The bottom two (a taupe and a mediun brown) look really nice in the pans, more of a 'flat' matte formula. They had no color pay-off, the taupe one showed as a sheer, sickly pale green (over TFSI primer) that would not deepen if I packed it on. The brown was...okay enough, but if I want a matte brown I'm reaching for MAC Cross-Cultural.
What a waste of $7, I really wanted to like this and I hate it. I took that horrible taupe-green off at once and re-did my makeup with my beloved MAC shadows. I'm sure some of these quads have some decent formulas, but I won't bother repurchasing another one to try out.

I bought this this in "attitude" . I always wear my UD primer potion so it helps any eyeshadow to last forever and to have more intensity. This are not the most pigmented eyeshadows on earth but they will work with a good primer. I love how the colors are really well coordinated and are great for an everyday office appropiate look. They are soft and no sparkly at all so that's a plus for me. If you are looking for super bright, pigmented eyeshadows this are not for you. Also I think this might no show up in darker skin colors.

ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow is really incredibly long lasting with great color options. I highly recommend. You must give it a try, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed.

I purchased this in Addictive (neutral, mostly matte taupes and browns) and Adventurous (richer olive green, browns) and guess what - I like 'em! I'm surprsed at all the negative reviews but it could be that Revlon reformulated... Anyway, I wanted some work-friendly, light weight quads to tote to work in my MU bag, and these have served me well. I wish there was a mirror in the compact though.

The matte Attitude shadows aren't buttery, but neither can they be described as chalky. They're good, neutral colours that I can slap on in a flash without messing up. Lasted all day on my without a primer (no time for that!) which is great b/c my eyelids are so oily.

The Adventurous shadows are more deeply pigmented, and wear just as long. More dramatic but still SFW.

Pretty good overall, and I feel pulled together without looking made up. I wasn't expecting loads of pigment but was pleasantly surprised, and no I don't work for the company. :)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Enchanted and Adventurous and I love both of them. The shades are gorgeous and they are a great combination of matte and shimmery colours.
They both compliment my green eyes and they stay put for a very long time! I have very oily eyelids and I can't keep shadows on for more than a couple of hours. With a primer, these stay on looking beautiful for about 10 hours.
They are very pricy in Australia but they are still worth it compared to other cheaper products. I will definitely repurchase these shades and probably try other combinations.