September 20, 2014 | 1802 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this and think it is much better than Laura Mercier primer or Monostat anti-chafing cream. It is cheap and effective and I can usually get it on sale at CVS. I am older now but my skin still gets oily, especially my forehead. I usually wear Estee Lauder Doublewear which I love and is already long lasting. This improves my foundation's staying power even more and keeps my skin not matte and not shiny but just right. I have sensitive skin but for me it's not about breaking out but about getting irritated, red, and sore. I can wear this near my eyes and have no problems. I have even stopped using an eyelid primer and just use this everywhere and my makeup stays put - or as well as I expect it to anyway. Nothing really lasts all day, does it?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I had a real "d'oh" moment when I saw this in CVS for a dollar less( $7.49) than what it was going for on drugstore.com; I assume they wouldn't have it at my local drugstore, but I guessed wrong. Anyway, for a year I've been using the monistat anti-chafing gel for a primer, but with my moisturizer of choice, it wasn't clicking well as I thought: it was all dry and pill-y but at least it kept my skin matte in spite of that. Anyway, not to say that this primer doesn't, for humid springtime in Florida, the only thing that got oily was my nose much to my surprise. Cheeks, no oil or pores showing, same for chin and forehead; foundation sliding off? Nope. A few touch ups, sure, but nothing drastic. I like it. Anyway, creamy consistency and mattifies in no time, foundation(revlon colorstay) actually went on smoother and looked better on my skin compared to the other primer I used. Comes in a tube, which could be problematic, but no wateriness or anything which is nice and the smell is pleasent. I wish it were and thought it was bigger, but considering I don't wear makeup too often and it is a decent product, I can live with that. Its a definite repurchase for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is easy squeeze out. No problem there. The primer it self smells amazing. It makes my pores undetectable. Also makes my makeup go on better. The staying power seem okay but...I have only been wearing for two days. And its 30 degrees here in houston today. I want to test it in the summer. Other then that I like it so far. I still like the mac primer better. It just cost much. This is a good primer though. It cost about 7 bucks I think. It's a good alternative primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by BriJax01

This product is just OK. I love the smell, and the fact that it's not tinted because you don't have to try to match your shade. As a primer though, it's alright. I don't feel it makes my makeup stay on any longer than any other primer I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by AhziieSkye

this is the third primer I've ever purchased. I needed a cheaper alternative for revlon's photoready primer. when I used this, I had no idea how thick my old primer made my makeup look! this made my makeup look more natural. it smoothed out my skin which totally surprised me. oil control is average. it hasnt broken me out yet which I'm glad because of my acne-prone skin. love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by c0nsequence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I haven't tested many primers, this is certainly the cheapest I've had so far. It helps my makeup stay for a few hours but sometimes when my T-Zone can get a bit oily, my makeup just slides off. It's an alright product which I have repurchased, but I will definitely find something else to replace it soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

I really like this primer. It has a nice consistency and smells nice, but best of all, it keeps my foundation on all day and before I used to come home with patchy foundation or less foundation. Problem solved :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought it after reading MUA reviews. I haven't found my HG primer yet. My skin is very oily on the T-zone, and i have to blot my face at least every hour if i want to look presentable.
My routine is: cleanser/moisturizer/primer/foundation/powder. This primer is nothing special unfortunatly. My skin does not look smoother or more even, my foundation doesn't stay better and i still look like a glazed doughnut after a while.
Oh well, onto the next one!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I've ever purchased. I got this because none of my foundations seem to mattify my oily skin for longer than an hour, so i figured they just needed a little help from a primer. And it did help! After i used this under my Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation, my face stayed matte the whole day! It makes your skin feel like a SO SOFT and I find it easier to apply foundation over this stuff. I definitely recommend giving this a shot bc it's cheap and of great quality.
EDIT:
I don't know if my skin evolved to overpower the mattifying effects of this primer (bc i promise you at first this did help keep me matte), but for some reason, this isn't cutting it for me anymore. But don't panic if you've been eyeing this! It's not you Fix & Perfect Pro... It's me (well, my oily skin, at least).
If you need something at a reasonable price to give you a smooth base for foundation, I say give this a shot, so long you don't have skin like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Mjmj1211meagan

This primer works great. It instantly smoothed my skin and because it isn't at all tinted you never have to worry about them having your shade available :) this primer is my new favorite par of my makeup, I use it under my light porcelain Rimmel stay matte mousse foundation and he two products combined make my skin look flawless and the best part is you can't even feel them on your skin :)