April 25, 2014 | 922 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by huka07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

My first primer ever at age 36 (yeah..I know). I like it so far and now on the second tube. It doesn't break me out, although it slightly reduces the oil traffic on my skin but nothing ever stop the oil traffic. I highly recommend this for oily and acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Sandy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer is fabulous! It has a lovely texture. Your skin looks and feels super silky once this is applied and your foundation glides on smoothly and evenly leaving a flawless finish! The price is also fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by pretty1np1nk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE it!! so smooth on my skin..also makes my makeup last alot longer :) great price and lovely scent!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by GreatReviews

Yay for smaller pores and smoother skin! :D It definitely makes pores looks smaller & I actually bought this because my Baby Skin primer from Maybelline is finishing. I prefer this to the latter as it feels really lightweight on the skin, which is what you would want for summer! Not sure if it prolongs foundation wear but it controls shine very well though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I'm hugely impressed by this primer! Living in the UK is advantageous because we have opposite weather extremes - one day it's scorchingly sunny, and then next it's rain, rain and more rain - thus presenting me with excellent opportunities to test out base/face products. I really did not expect this primer to be so good, in fact I think it's on par with my beloved Estee Lauder 'Matte Perfecting' primer. It really controls my oily-combo skin all day long, especially my problematic t-zone, and I have suffered no breakouts. Furthermore, it applies effortlessly onto my skin. Sinking in instantly and creating a matte, smooth base for my make up, I suspect due to the silicones, but hey, no breakouts so I'm fine with that. In the UK it retails for £6.99 for 30ml - the size of the tube makes you greatly aware of just how little 30ml of product actually is! A definite repurchase for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by confessionsonadancefloor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading a lot of glowing reviews about Rimmel's primers, I was dying to give this a try. I'm new to makeup, so over the past few months I had no idea what a primer was and what it did, so I never bought one. When I finally DID find out what purpose a primer served, I was doing research on m.u.a. like crazy trying to find the right primer for me.

I used this everyday for about 2 weeks. It comes in a squeeze tube, so it's very easy to get the amount out that you want. The product did blend very well onto my face, and after leaving it on for a few minutes I could see it smoothing my skintone out and reducing the size of my pores, which was very exciting!

Within minutes, however, my face took on a darker, more tan color that I was not happy with. It took me about to week to figure out it was the primer doing this. I like my fair skintone, and want to enhance it --- not cover it up with an unnatural skintone. I also felt it had no brightening or illuminating effects like the text on the tube claims. In fact, this primer almost cast a shadow across my face.

You only need a little amount of product to cover your face, but the tube is small and was $10... I'm not sure if this is the going rate of drugstore primers but I felt it was a little pricey, especially for a brand like Rimmell. Long story short, I wouldn't repurchase this product again. I wouldn't recommend it for lighter skintones, either, who would like to stay true to their skintone.

PROS:
- Blends well onto skin, and you only need a small amount to cover your face
- Gives your skin a smooth texture which you can see
- Reduces the sizes of pores

CONS:
- The tint is too dark for light skintones
- It enhances already dark areas of your face, like around the eyes and the nose.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by RunawayGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mannn this stuff clogs my pores like crazy, it broke me out in 1 large cystic bump and a couple small ones on my face. Yikes! It sucks though because I actually like this product. It smoothed the look of my skin and pores. I'm giving it a generous review because I did like the scent, and final results but I won't be repurchasing as this broke me out terribly. If you don't have sensitive skin like me, give this a try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Megan117

I'm always afraid to try new products on my face, as I break out easily, but I was tired of paying some 30 odd dollars for the Cover FX clearprep which wasn't really doing anything for me. I decided to try this as a cheaper alternative and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Its very hydrating, perfect for my dry skin, and makes my skin feel smooth and even looking. It does however cause me to get a little bit more oily than usual during the day but its worth it. It hasn't broken me out (well I don't notice any more breakouts than usual) so I'd say this product is pretty good!

UPDATE:
Turns out this product isn't as great as I initially thought: by midday my face is super shiny and oily which has lead to breakouts. I can't stand this product anymore - so much so that I had to throw it out ....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

The Good: My skin is "perfected". Smaller pores, foundation lasts longer, feels moisturizing but is mattifying (but not drying). Simple and useful packaging, lots of product for a cheap price. Doesn't slip and slide around.

The Bad: My face feels like a honey glazed ham. It's very thick. I can stand this in the winter but in the summer (when I need primer the most) I don't bother.

For pore minimizing and line filling, this does the job as well as HE products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by andraealynne

This is by far the best drugstore primer I've used! In conjunction with a good setting spray, my makeup stays put all day.