Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002

3.7

Aqua (Water) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Propylene Glycol , Talc , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Vinyl Dimethicone , Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , PEG 10/15 crosspolymer , Magnesium Sulfate , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , Fragrance , Tocopheryl Acetate , Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone , Lecithin , Punica Granatum Fruit Juice , Vitis Vinifera Juice (Grape) , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Glycerin , Retinyl Palmitate , Sorbic Acid , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Dipropylene Glycol , Ascorbyl Glucoside , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Tocopherol , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Silica , Dimethyl Silylate , BHT , Butylene Glycol , Sapphire Powder , Palmaria Palmate Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Hexylene Glycol

on 10/1/2014 10:08:00 PM

I tried this after seeing a fave Youtuber raving about it. I have very oily t-zone and oily/combo everywhere else. I have tried numerous anti-shine primers before, from drugstore to very high end, and I was pleasantly surprised with this one! I was used to the clear primers that went on like a gel, bit this one goes on like a cream. So as soon as I saw that, I didnt have high hopes for it. Not at all. So I had used this primer, and MUFE duo matte powder foundation over top, finished my makeup, and went out for the day. I was SHOCKED to see that 6 hours later, I did not even need a touch up!!! This is my new Holy Grail of mattifying, oil control, makeup extender primer ever!!

on 9/28/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Picked one up by pure accident, I used it one morning and wasn't even aware of it. By about 3 pm. I looked into the mirror and was wondering why the T zone still looks good, just a bit of shine and yet the foundation stayed intact. Then I realized maybe its the primer, I used it again the next day and the same experience occurred.
I will reserve this for my T zone and a different kind for dry skin for my cheeks unless its summer.
I returned to Shoppers and picked up 2 more before their sales end.

on 9/28/2014 10:51:00 AM

I found this primer to be really good. Not expensive and works pretty well. Highly recommend it

on 9/26/2014 3:59:00 AM

I really like this a lot, I have dry skin and this feels sooool nice on it almost like a moisturizing lotion without it being to thick as it sheers out as you rub it in. I do notice a prolong wear in my foundations when this is on and I got this for a decent price around $7.00? and its lasted me awhile just starting to run out. this is a really nice affordable primer and I do recommend it especially for dry skin girls. I will repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm not a big fan of this, or the other one in this line. To me, it felt like it was a lotion more than a primer. I really don't think it it made a huge difference with my makeup. It's not terrible, it's just not my favorite. I wouldn't go in to a store looking to buy this product, but if it was one of the only primers they had in stock I would buy it.

on 9/4/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This primer is mattifying. Thats all i can say about it. Doesnt hide fine lines, does not even help foundation stay on longer. I got a horrible breakout from it and it turned into two. Very painful breskouts.sadly i will have to discontinue use because of that. It is a shame because it really did control my oil.

on 9/4/2014 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really thought I would like this one more than the Rimmel Stay Matte primer... but I really didn't. It just felt like I was putting a light moisturizer on... and it didn't really help keep my skin anymore matte than it would have been had I just used a moisturizer anyway. I think i'll probably go back to using the Stay Matter primer, because that one, was the more effective one out of the two. Or perhaps i'll look around for something completely different. The whole point of using a primer is to have it help your makeup last longer anyway, so I guess i'll keep searching until I find one that actually does it's job.

on 9/4/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I prefer their original to this one.
This formula did nothing more than a lightweight face lotion would. Which is what the texture is like.
I need something to help with my oil which this only made the issue worse.
If it cannot truly help my makeup last longer or control oil then I have no purpose for primers. I think if you have dry skin or wrinkles they are helpful but anyone else I see using them I do not see any improvement in the way their makeup wears and if anything it looks cakey due to all the extra layers of junk you are putting on your face.

on 9/2/2014 3:33:00 PM

For me this was an ok primer. I noticed my foundation applied better. I won't buy again however, because I like a matte finish and normally my shiseido sun protection foundation gives this to me but not when I apply this primer underneath. Like other people mentioned, it's to oily for me though I haven't got greasy skin but combination. i will keep this for in the winter when my skin is drier and I have troubles with applieing foundation!

on 8/30/2014 2:46:00 PM

I bought this Primer a few days ago as Boots has an offer and it was only 5 pounds. It was a bargain, as other primers cost more! It is a really really good one for the price! (Even if it cost more I'd buy it again!). I have put it on around 9 in the morning and used a foundation I hated on my face, as it slid off and looked as I have put baby oil all over my face within two hours (Maybelline Dream Satin). After putting this primer on, the foundation stayed in place and I could hardly see any pores. I only had to use powder once throughout my day as my t-zone get's oily, but for a cheap primer and a foundation I hate, I'd say it did a great job! Would buy again!
Even if you're not sure about it, it only costs 5-7 pounds, so worth a try!
x