Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is NOT a bronzer! What this is is an amazing highlighter! Because I have more mature skin I have stayed far away from highlighters, however, after reading up on the topic I learnt that if you find the right one it can do wonders to take years off of your face.... so of course I knew that Reserve Your Cabana would be the one to try. AMAZING! What this does is just add a beautiful youthful ~ very gentle glow. It in no way will emphasize wrinkles or any other issues you have going on with your skin. I apply this down the bridge of my nose, over my eye brows, on the top of my cheekbones, the cupids bow and on my chin. I sometimes also use this as an all over finishing powder...... it really wakes up mature, dull or tired looking skin. It enlivens the skin, gives you a healthy ~young ~ fresh look. I can't rave enough about it. If you have ever wanted to try a highlighter but were afraid to because of shimmer and glitter I highly suggest you get yourself to Walgreens and pick this up for only $4.99. You'll be glad you did!

on 1/31/2015 4:58:00 PM

This is deffinately not a bronzer!
However, this is a truly awsome powder that gives your skin a radiant subtle finish.
The powder is smooth and goes on beautifuly. It makes a really lovely subtle glow over the skin which gives me a bit of a pick-me-up on days when my makeup looks a bit flat.
I dislike the shimmery, glittery or shiny highlighters that many people go for, but this is much more subtle than those types.
I use it on my highlighter areas, (cheeks, down my nose, under eyes, cupids bow etc) but even if you applied this all over your face, it still wouldnt be too much or too shimmery.
It is also a dupe for Loracs perfectly lit powder in spotlight, which is considerably more money than this little gem.
It will last me for years as the pan is huge!
I just love it and would highliy recommend it to people starting out in highlighting or just want something very subtle and pretty. :)

on 1/26/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I actually use this as a bronzer. Most bronzer just looks like mud on my extremely fair skin. It's the best I have found that doesn't muddy up my complexion and lasts for hours, with a setting spray and use over a primer or foundation.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought RYC this morning in an attempt to find a new highlight. This isn't your white highlight that you get if you're tanned even slightly. This is however, a subtle sheen or glow. Perfect for anybody who wants just a little freshening up.

on 1/16/2015 10:37:00 PM

I bought this almost two years ago after seeing a YouTuber use it during a tutorial and it looked amazing on her skin, it was the first ever highlighter I added to my collection and even after trying many others it is still my favorite one .it has a subtle glow rather than looking like a glitter face which I love since I have acne scarring which sparkle can and will usually pick up ( yes even Mac soft and gentle) even though I love soft and gentle soo much I usually only where it when I really want more in your face highlight so my point is for the price it's worth trying if you're interested I even picked up some on sale for $2

on 1/9/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I had to drive to two different walmarts to find this and it was totally worth it. This is a very good drugstore highlighter even tough its sold as bronzer. I absolutely love the glow it gives.

on 12/26/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This has to the best highlighter in the world. It's got a golden undertone to it and when applied lightly can really give you the most amazing glow. There's enough product in here to last a few years!

on 12/24/2014 10:46:00 AM

Oh hello there new favorite makeup thing...

Would have never picked this up if not for some of these reviews. CLEARLY not a bronzer lol, it's a beige powder with slight shimmer housed in an enormous compact (that will last 27 years) for $3.99.

I tried the Hourglass Ambient powder (Dim) and I think it was actually *too* finely milled and high quality for my skin if that makes sense. It didn't work as a setting powder (no oil control) and I couldn't detect any highlighting properties. I literally could not notice its presence on my face. (And for the price? nahhhh son.)

Anyway, Reserve Your Cabana is great. It has some pigment to it; I noticed this when I applied it over my blush one day - it totally cancelled out the color. For reference, I have light olive skin, so I'm not sure how this would work out on darker skin tones or extremely pale ones. I have large pores and it does have a tendency to highlight them, so when I use it as an all-over glow-maker, I fill in the sides of my nose/inner cheek with primer and then apply (before blush haha) and they're not that noticeable. When used that way, typically on a night out for me, the effect is an overall radiance. Otherwise, I use it as a regular highlight on the top of my cheekbones, bridge of nose, etc. It's not shimmery enough for a dramatic look, though. I have other products for that!

Doesn't cake, oxidize, or break me out. YAY.

Yeah this is definitely not a bronzer! Which I in no way thought this was-although they label it as such. This is a highlighter!! I really like this product, it really isn't a shimmery type of highlighter, I think it's more of a satin finish. Compared to my MAC soft and gentle- this could be considered a matte! Lol! But really, this stuff is great at brightening your face and especially good if you aren't into the super shimmery highlighters. I don't put this on any areas where I have prominent pores, so I don't know if this product enlarges their appearance. Personally, I enjoy a highlighter with a bit more sheen than this ( MAC soft and gentle for example) so that's why I gave it four lippies. Price is great and you get a ton! Packaging is typical drugstore, not really a pain but not the most beautiful thing. But all I care about is what's inside the packaging anyways!

on 12/11/2014 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

They call this a bronzer, but...no. Maybe if your skin happened to be in the NW0-3 range. Otherwise, this is a fantastic highlight or finishing powder. Gives a beautiful glow that isn't gold, silver or pearlescent white. The glow is a very subtle beige, though tiny golden sparkles can be seen if you shine a flashlight directly on the product (it really doesn't translate as gold on the skin, though). I'm around NW20 and this is basically the color of my skin, so not quite highlight material for me, but a great skin finisher. It's my 2nd favorite only to Hourglass Dim. For $4, it's absolutely worth a try!

Popular Bronzers