July 28, 2014 | 1988 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - Reserve Your Cabana

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ff731emt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I saw this in the store and wondered why on earth a product so light would be marketed as a bronzer. Once I got back home I did some research, and found that W'n'W had intended this to be a highlighter. In fact Reserve Your Cabana is a match for their now discontinued Acapulco Glow. As I'm a MAC NW23 and where most highlighters are concerned they do not complement my skin tone and undertones, I figured I'd give this a go. Well, I love this product. It is very soft and smooth, no chalkiness. There is a beautiful luminosity to it without the pixy dust/ arts-and-crafts glitter most highlighters and illuminators can have. My first few uses I was very light with my application, gradually I've learned that this is a build-able product and I need not fear the "melting fairy face." I used my E.L.F. Studio Blush Brush to apply above my eyebrows, sweeping up my cheekbones, down my nose, above my lip, and upon my chin then gently blending. The bonus SPF made me feel better about putting it on in the morning. The staying power has been impressive, at 14+ hours. I tend to have sensitive skin and had no issues with breakouts or irritation. I must say at $3.89 at a Nt Wt of 0.46 oz the pan is quite impressive when compared to some of my other fave products. I went back today and got Bikini Contest, I'll review on it after I've had a few days to experiment with it. It's well worth the $$ and really leaves you with a glowing complexion. After two weeks of daily use I'm loving it, and will definitely purchase it again!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Not quite sure if I am using this right. I am applying it after I am finished my regular foundation/setting powder but right before I apply my blush. I concentrate on my cheeks and undereye but do apply everywhere. It's very light, I am quite pale and it doesn't really add too much colour it just adds a very suble glow to my skin without shimmer or glitter and blurs out my imperfections just a bit more. I really like it, the slight glow really makes my skin look more healthy. Even though I have oily skin and do use a mattifier I like this product so my skin doesn't end up looking too flat. The packaging is nice, very big surface so it's easy to pick a lot of product up on the brush quickly and it smells nice too. Picked this up at Walmart Canada for about $4.99. I took off one lippie because it's not a massive difference, enough that I really like it but not something dramatic. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as kind of an inexpensive test run before shelling out the $$$ for the Ambient light pallete. After reading a ton of comparisons, reviews and pics this is supposed to be comparable to Dim light albeit more glowy and missing a bit of the subtle light diffusing properties that make Ambient Light so coveted. With combo skin I usually don't aim for glowy when shopping for makeup however my skin went bananas this past winter and could use a boost. I was seriously surprised how well a $4 Walgreens dupe looks on. I love this as a highlighter. Since I tend to get oily in the t-zone the fact that this provides glow and not glitter is great. Most highlighting products are too much for places like the bridge of my nose or forehead.This doesn't make my T-zone look disgusting after an hour and lasts all day. In fact I like it better the longer I have it on. With a light hand this also works well as an all over finishing powder but has limited oil control and requires some blotting in t he t-zone throughout the day. Great product for the money but predictably the packaging is friggin horrible. The compact is huge therefore not very portable and both the compact and the powder are beyond fragile. I've gone through two of these in a week. If you drop it on your vanity or toss it in your makeup bag too hard it's a goner. The catch on the compact breaks and the powder becomes dust. I deducted a lippie for that. Otherwise this is a great drugstore find.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I initially bought this to use as a highlighter, but it doesn't show well on my skin tone for that purpose. However, it does make a wonderful finishing powder! I have oily/combo skin and use matte products to help my face mu stay on longer. I love the products I use, but sometimes I get a flatter look than I intend. I use this powder with a big fluffy brush (RT Powder Brush, it's huge!) so the product doesn't concentrate in one area. I just tap it on the powder and dust lightly on my face. With this, I can get a glowy look without sacrificing the long wear/oil control I love with my other products. For reference, I did try the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim and I didn't love it as much as I love this one (regardless of price) so I ended up returning it. I've used this every day for several months and have barely made a dent in it. The amount of product for the price is outstanding. I will always have this on hand. Also, the compact holds up great! I toss it in my purse, my travel mu bag, or whatever (I move my mu a lot due to life haha) and it's withstood all the abuse. I highly recommend this powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really good highlighter, good price, great quality. I have high end, I mean really high end as well as $1 highlighters. This one for the price looks stunning, not too shimmery, and applies really easy. Every time I look at the mirror, I see a nice glow. The dome like packaging is a little too big, but you know a little goes a long way and this will last you forever and ever. Lol!!! Heck yes I will repurchase this. Ok and I love Ticket to Brazil for contouring. 2 HG products that are a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I'm new to highlighting, and thought that I could use a highlighter to brighten up parts of my face. I did some research, and saw that so many people raved about this highlighter, and for about 4$, why not! I would say this probably isn't the most pigmented highlighter but the colour is buildable in my opinion.

pros
- inexpensive and you get a ton of product!
- long lasting
- doesnt cause breakouts
- looks natural

cons
- cheap packaging, like why does the cap have to dome out like that

the pros definitely outweigh the cons and I think the terrible packaging can be compromised for the great product! I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

When I got Hard Candy TIKI, this is what I expected.
Highlighter is not easy for a male with oily skin, but I really wanted to try. My skin is not lacking in shine but it is mostly concentrated on my nose, cheeks and forehead. I felt like I needed some highlight on top of my matte blush, my temples, and my jawline. It balances out my shine and right after I blot I don't look awfully flat. I did some research and it seemed like Tiki would fill the bill, but that's not how it turned out.

I was disappointed. It is a beautiful subtle highlighter but I hated the shimmer in it. Yes it is subtle, and very fine, but I simply can not leave the comfort of my home with shimmer on me. I will become awfully self conscious and start looking for that perfect lighting where the shimmer will start being visible on my skin. I know it's silly and Tiki is a great highlighter but I personally don't find it wearable by a male - especially one who takes the "no-makeup makeup" literally.

So, I sadly put Tiki away and gave up on highlight for a while... Until I was walking by the Walmart makeup section one day and took a glimpse of Reserve Your Cabana by Wet 'n' Wild. This is what I had wanted, exactly! A simple, subtle, slight sheen. I use the Sephora Pro Contour Brush #74 to highlight my cheekbones, temples and jawline. Because the brush is relatively small I can slide on my under eye, the inner corner and my eyelids. It brightens the whole area and gives dimension to matte eyeshadow on my eyelids.

The 13 g of product is generous and will last a long time. The powder adds sun protection and the company has been good enough to specify that this will protect you only from UVB/sunburn. That's fine by me.

I have to say I'm not a fan of the packaging. I defend all the Wet 'n' Wild compacts in general but this is an exception I'm afraid. I don't mind that it's simple and has no mirror, but why did the cover have to be so domed and thick. It's not particularly pretty and takes much space. Still a minor con considering the overall quality.

Reserve Your Cabana would work great as an all over finishing powder for a non shimmery dewy finish on someone with dry skin. For something slightly more you could always upgrade to Tiki. For me it is just the perfect touch of highlight. But perhaps my favorite use for this is as a finishing powder all over my eyelids. As a male I use matte colors which together with the primer can make my eyelids look dry. It also contrasts with my undereyes where I don't powder and leave moist not to accentuate fine lines. Some Reserve Your Cabana all over my eyelids and into my browbone illuminates everything without making it shimmery. I use the Smashbox Eyeshadow Blending Brush #3 and it is perfect!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+HUGE pan. Seriously humongous. This will last me a lifetime.
+Dirt cheap (Regular price is $3.99, but on sale, I got mine for $2.84 at Walgreens)
+Great quality. Its hard to find a non-shimmer drugstore highlighter and this is great. It subtly brightens up and illuminates areas. I use this on my cheekbones, nose, and cupid's bow.

Cons:
-Packaging is incredibly cheap. The clear lid bubbles so high that I know if I drop this once it will crack. It's very bulky and I will likely depot this.
-Not a very dramatic highlighter. At first it's hard to notice. I'm not bothered by this because I bought this to be an everyday highlighter. I will probably find something else for more glam events.

Overall, this is a great product. Plus, for about $2, what's the risk in trying it? Get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A "glowing" review for this product! This is such a gorgeous highlighter/all-over illuminating powder! I usually set my under eye concealer with this and a small setting brush or, if I'm wanting to look especially radiant, I'll lightly dust this over my whole face with a large powder brush. I've been really big lately on products that give my skin a glow, and this certainly delivers. Price is cheap, about $3.99 at Walgreens for a huge pan. Packaging is meh- I've had the other bronzes from this line and the lid always falls off at some point. But it's a minor complaint overshadowed by the many positives.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Harlilee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a finishing powder to go over my Maybelline fit me sick, and it gives a great glow that really impressed me! I would definitely re-purchase!