Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 11/18/2014 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I frequently see this compared to Hard Candy Tiki but I don't think they are similar at all. Tiki is much more shimmery & golden. RYC is very subtle. I know some people like to use it all over (like an Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder). And while I can see it working, esp if you have a lighter skintone I personally like a more controlled glow.

I like this but I don't love it. I rarely wear foundation or completely mattify my skin so it doesn't make a huge difference on me. If this becomes a must-have I will update my review.

This product is an amazing value! Wet n' wild is not generally a brand I would purchase, yet I am so glad I read some reviews, watched. Some YouTube videos, and purchased this. The store I bought it at (fred Meyer) also had BOGO 50% off, so I also picked up their ultimate minerals bronzer in amber glow, which is also great. Back to Reserve Your Cabana, it gave me a nice, natural highlight/glow without being shimmery. I felt that it made me look younger, more awake, and even worked on subtly hiding under eye darkness and facial redness. I would reccomend this to others!

on 10/13/2014 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm IN LOVE with this. Super natural looking glow. The micro shimmers are undetectable unless you look extremely close at yourself. Looks so lovely in natural light. It's a very neutral and soft shade. Serious dewy/pearly highlighted look without any chunky glitter. I love it even more than St.Lucia by E.L.F because I can pack on Reserve Your Cabana without it looking too dark on my face (I tend to go ham on highlighters).

on 9/15/2014 10:16:00 PM

I love the glow that this product gives, without putting actual chunks of glitter on my face, however, maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like it shows of my pores quite a bit, even though I use a really good primer. This is a common problem that I have had with highlights like this one, but I have found some like the Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki which is also used a highlight like this product, which I do not notice my pores with.

on 9/11/2014 8:48:00 AM

Pleasantly surprised with this product and you cannot beat the price. I am fair skinned and "Reserve your Cabana" is just the right addition of color for me (my face and body look like they go together). It is illuminating without the addition of glitter. Added bonus of being SPF 15. I have acne prone skin and had zero issues with it causing a breakout. Worth a try!

on 8/18/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like w&w bronzers - been using them since high school! can't beat the price, colors are nice and rich, and I've never had an issue with the packaging.

on 8/17/2014 5:04:00 PM

I really really like this product, but wet n wild needs to correctly re-label it as a Luminizer/ highlighter!! This would only work as a bronzer on someone the same skin tone as Casper the friendly ghost. However, this is a beautiful natural looking highlight. I use it on my cheeks, down my nose and on my chin and Cupid's bow to give my face a nice glow. It isn't matte at all, but isn't glittery or bright. Just very glowy and natural. On dark skin it might come off a little ashy so beware. Also I would avoid using this on areas of your face where you have prominent pores because I've noticed that it can look cakey over those areas. And the packaging is very ugly and cheap, but you get sooo much product for such a cheap price and I still use it almost every day. Overall I really love this. I hit pan after a year of everyday use and will buy when I run out!

on 8/15/2014 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this after I read it was used as a dupe for TheBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer.

My daily makeup routine: I dot Cinema Secrets corrector around my eyes & problem areas, then buff it in with a mixture of tinted moisturiser & BB cream. This provides light/medium coverage only, so I use Meow Minerals Powder Foundation to set it & provide that little bit extra coverage. I find the powdery effect finish to be very aging - enter Wet 'n' Wild's Reserve Your Cabana.

As other reviewers have noted, the amount of product is huge & there is no glitter, just a really lovely highlighter. TheBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer is $35 here in Australia & I bought WnW RYC for about $5 online. I scraped some of it into my Meow Minerals powder & mixed it up, in order to minimise the dull, powdery finish - I would be extremely reluctant to do this with a product which costs $35! I find this creates a more natural skin-like effect, & if I want to further highlight cheekbones etc I just apply the product directly on top of this.

This is simply fantastic for the size & price. I'll buy Mary-Lou Manizer one day, I hope I don't feel like an idiot when it turns out to be the same but for 7 x the price!

on 8/14/2014 8:18:00 AM

This is the wrong product for you if you have oily skin and large pores. It emphasized my pores and made them look like HUGE craters. I bought it because emilynoel83 on youtube raved about it as a glowy, non-flat powder that photographs well for special events like weddings. Oh lord. I hated it the first time I tried it.

The packaging is ugly, cheap and huge. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this as it was an annoying reminder of all the cheap drugstore makeup FAILS in my life. It was just sitting there on my desk taking up too much space and making me sad. Then I accidentally tipped my desk over and all the makeup on one side dropped to the floor. Nothing was damaged except this product, which was completely smashed inside its ugly, cheap packaging. I know how to repair broken powder compact products using alcohol but into the trash it went, and good riddance!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hermoso...mi piel es mixta y me encanta el efecto de las bases que dan un toque glow a la piel pero siempre sacan grasa.Queria iluminar mi piel de alguna forma con un bronzer. .pero termine con reserve your cabana y resulto que me dio ese efecto glow color hueso!!! hermosooooo sobre mi base!! dura ene puesto y lo mejor es que NO TIENE GLITTER.

Popular Bronzers