November 27, 2014 | 1551 users online

Liquid - Physicians Formula - Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this months ago when It first came out. I thought it sounded alright and I just wanted to try it! Ive been dying to use a liquid foundation from PF but I always find their shades to be too dark and orangey so I hoped that this one would be different.

Alas...It wasnt. This foundation looked fine on my skin nothing really to get excited about. But the only problem I had is that the color was way off. It was too dark and orangey colored just like 99% of their other foundations.

PF WHY is all your foundation makeup so dark and orange??? Do people naturally have orange skin tones??? OBVIOUSLY NOT!

I wish PF would totally REDO all their foundation products with NORMAL skin tone shades. Seriously. Like yellow, neutral, and pink. No Orange.... or grey (like the talc-free mineral liquid foundation).

I love their pressed powders at least.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

The price of this product is almost as high as the department store products. Another down side of it is that it says step 2 on it as if it does not work by itself or without step one. I took my chances as I had a coupon and got the foundation for about $7 including taxes. I am NC 30 and I got it in Medium. The product comes out of a tiny hole. You have to squeeze the tube really hard to get some out. When I wore it, it looked natural and perfect. The shade was a true match. In fact, it reminded me of the Revlon CS before they went ahead and messed it up. About 3 hours after wearing it, I felt that it started becoming really oily on my skin. When I touched my skin with the back of my hand, the oil was visibly enough to make an omelet. So it went back to the store....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have always been a fan of Physicians Formula and used to LOVE their cream foundation. I wish they still made it! I haven't purchased anything from them in a while because it seems they are getting really trendy with their items and i liked the classics like their matte shadows and plumping lip gloss. I use Estee Lauder Double Matte foundation currently and have tried a bazillion others but just keep going back to that one. I saw this in the store and picked it up along with the illuminating powder and concealer (the concealer is terrible). This foundation actually surprised me. I threw the brush away that it came with and applied with a beauty blender makeup sponge and got a great application.and light-medium buildable coverage. I would not say you can build to full coverage at all so would not recommend for those who want full coverage. I have a light olive skin tone and the LIGHT color worked well for me. Limited shade selection is a huge drawback on this one. Foundation stays on all day when set with the powder and looks natural without cakiness. Only time will tell if all the other benefits that PF claims are true! I would recommend this if you can find your shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by francie197

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Physicians Formula products, and this is no exception. This is a great product that, depending on how you apply it, gives medium to full coverage. It has a mousse texture that I find best applies with a damp Beauty Blender. You do have to be careful to blend in properly; if not, it will look thick and heavy on your skin. I honestly have not tried the brush that comes with it - since it is a mousse texture, I really feel you would be better off with a Beauty Blender or your fingers. The product does a good job of providing coverage for aging skin without settling into fine lines. As for whether or not it actually improves your skin... well, I don't know, but it does not irritate my sensitive, aging, skin which tends to suffer from rosacea. In fact, my skin is in a good place right now! Before this, I was using a PF tinted moisturizer but wanted something with just a little more coverage, so I was anxious to try this. If you like PF products and have aging skin like me, I would recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

First off I want to tell you what I look for in a foundation. Not everyone expects the same thing or has the same skin. My skin is olive (yellow undertones) and combination. My chin is dry; my forehead, nose, and cheeks are oily; and the rest is normal. I want to cover up my orange-rind looking cheeks, my oily nose (everything tends to slide right off), redness, and these little veins I have by my mouth (there's 3 of them together it's not noticeable until you get right up in my face; I'ms elf conscious about it). I want a foundation that lasts, barely transfers, looks flawless, covers the above mentioned flaws, and has a dewy-matte finish (aka for it to look like skin not makeup).
I am going to go over this by category:
-Color: Physicians Formula is always too dark or orange for me. This foundation is no exception. I bought mine in "light". The website says there's a "fair" but I didn't find it at the Walmart I went to. "Light" is a color better suited for NC/NW20 skin. I have skin that's a hair lighter than NC15. So this foundation tends to look a bit dark on me in natural lighting (artificial you can't tell as much). I'm not even sure they sell "fair" in stores.
-Finish: This is a matte finish but since I'm oily, the oily areas tend to make it look dewy-matte at the end of the day.
-Texture: I thought this would be a liquid. It is not. It's more of a mousse than anything. I think it has silicone in it and just a warning to acne-prone ladies: this will not work for you. I broke out like crazy.
-Coverage: This is pretty decent. It covers a lot while not getting too cakey. I'd say it's a light-medium to medium coverage.
-Application: I did not use the brush that came with this (it's a paddle foundation brush). Instead I used a stippling brush. I feel you had to use a lot of the product to cover your entire face. When paying $13 for a foundation and having to use a lot, it's not really cost effective. Kinda disappointing actually. Anyways I tried using my hands with this and it got cakey. So a brush is a must.
-Oil control: There is little to none with this. My oil started showing half way through the day
-Wear: I need a long wearing and pretty transfer proof foundation for work. This is not transfer proof but it is pretty long wearing. It can last 10hrs for me but with some minor powder touch ups for oil. Also it's really nice that it doesn't slide off my oily nose too.
-Packaging: I gave it a 3. I personally don't care for this. I wish it was in a jar or pump bottle. It'd dispense better than the tube (had to squeeze pretty hard to get a little out).
Over all: It's a decent foundation for those who aren't acne prone. For me this didn't work due to color & acne so it's going back to the store. I gave it a 3 over all 'cause someone could actually enjoy this. It's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation and I have many in my drawer (drugstore and high end). This stuff goes on smoothly and really feels good on the skin. My skin tone is NW20 and I purchased this in Light, which is an excellent match.

ETA: I've been using this foundation a lot recently and I LOVE it! I'm adding to my rating. The coverage is good, it feels great on my skin and doesn't dry me out like a lot of foundations do. The pricing is awesome and this is a GREAT buy!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by FLJutta59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have started to coupon some time last year and consequently have tried a lot of drugstore products. I absolutely love this foundation. I don't know if my skin will look younger over time but it looks really good when I wear foundation. I also use the Physicians Formula anti aging skincare and a green primer (with attached brush applicator which is a nightmare). I love all those products plus the youthful powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got the fair - product is dry and orange-y. It kind of cracked on my face. The first day I wore it someone asked me if I was sick. Nice. this might work if you are a color match and have normal to oily skin, so for that I offer 2 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by blueflamingo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish I could give this product a zero. Gritty texture which has been mentioned by numerous reviewers. I thought my tube was defective so I contacted Physician's Formula to return the product. It took a month for me to get the product return form from them, and now it's been over a month and I have yet to get my money back. Not to mention the wrong phone number on the product packaging. Quality control Physician's Formula?? Completely turns me off to purchasing any other PF products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Overall its a nice drugstore foundation.

PROS:
-Blends very well
-Has good coverage that can be adjustable (applied w/ the fingers gives a more natural look w/ med. coverage, applied with a brush, kabuki or the one given provide a heavier coverage)
-Last all day without flaking, sliding off, becoming patchy, or changing colors.
-Gives a soft look
-Lightweight
-Nice creamy whipped formula
-The medium color matches my skin perfectly.
-Doesn't irritate the skin
-Removes easily
-No strong smell
-Powder not needed
-Pretty packaging
-Good quality brush given

CONS:
-The color range isn't good. There are only 3 Fair, Light and Medium.