April 19, 2014 | 1562 users online

Liquid - Physicians Formula - Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by francie197

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Physicians Formula products, and this is no exception. This is a great product that, depending on how you apply it, gives medium to full coverage. It has a mousse texture that I find best applies with a damp Beauty Blender. You do have to be careful to blend in properly; if not, it will look thick and heavy on your skin. I honestly have not tried the brush that comes with it - since it is a mousse texture, I really feel you would be better off with a Beauty Blender or your fingers. The product does a good job of providing coverage for aging skin without settling into fine lines. As for whether or not it actually improves your skin... well, I don't know, but it does not irritate my sensitive, aging, skin which tends to suffer from rosacea. In fact, my skin is in a good place right now! Before this, I was using a PF tinted moisturizer but wanted something with just a little more coverage, so I was anxious to try this. If you like PF products and have aging skin like me, I would recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

First off I want to tell you what I look for in a foundation. Not everyone expects the same thing or has the same skin. My skin is olive (yellow undertones) and combination. My chin is dry; my forehead, nose, and cheeks are oily; and the rest is normal. I want to cover up my orange-rind looking cheeks, my oily nose (everything tends to slide right off), redness, and these little veins I have by my mouth (there's 3 of them together it's not noticeable until you get right up in my face; I'ms elf conscious about it). I want a foundation that lasts, barely transfers, looks flawless, covers the above mentioned flaws, and has a dewy-matte finish (aka for it to look like skin not makeup).
I am going to go over this by category:
-Color: Physicians Formula is always too dark or orange for me. This foundation is no exception. I bought mine in "light". The website says there's a "fair" but I didn't find it at the Walmart I went to. "Light" is a color better suited for NC/NW20 skin. I have skin that's a hair lighter than NC15. So this foundation tends to look a bit dark on me in natural lighting (artificial you can't tell as much). I'm not even sure they sell "fair" in stores.
-Finish: This is a matte finish but since I'm oily, the oily areas tend to make it look dewy-matte at the end of the day.
-Texture: I thought this would be a liquid. It is not. It's more of a mousse than anything. I think it has silicone in it and just a warning to acne-prone ladies: this will not work for you. I broke out like crazy.
-Coverage: This is pretty decent. It covers a lot while not getting too cakey. I'd say it's a light-medium to medium coverage.
-Application: I did not use the brush that came with this (it's a paddle foundation brush). Instead I used a stippling brush. I feel you had to use a lot of the product to cover your entire face. When paying $13 for a foundation and having to use a lot, it's not really cost effective. Kinda disappointing actually. Anyways I tried using my hands with this and it got cakey. So a brush is a must.
-Oil control: There is little to none with this. My oil started showing half way through the day
-Wear: I need a long wearing and pretty transfer proof foundation for work. This is not transfer proof but it is pretty long wearing. It can last 10hrs for me but with some minor powder touch ups for oil. Also it's really nice that it doesn't slide off my oily nose too.
-Packaging: I gave it a 3. I personally don't care for this. I wish it was in a jar or pump bottle. It'd dispense better than the tube (had to squeeze pretty hard to get a little out).
Over all: It's a decent foundation for those who aren't acne prone. For me this didn't work due to color & acne so it's going back to the store. I gave it a 3 over all 'cause someone could actually enjoy this. It's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation and I have many in my drawer (drugstore and high end). This stuff goes on smoothly and really feels good on the skin. My skin tone is NW20 and I purchased this in Light, which is an excellent match.

ETA: I've been using this foundation a lot recently and I LOVE it! I'm adding to my rating. The coverage is good, it feels great on my skin and doesn't dry me out like a lot of foundations do. The pricing is awesome and this is a GREAT buy!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by FLJutta59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have started to coupon some time last year and consequently have tried a lot of drugstore products. I absolutely love this foundation. I don't know if my skin will look younger over time but it looks really good when I wear foundation. I also use the Physicians Formula anti aging skincare and a green primer (with attached brush applicator which is a nightmare). I love all those products plus the youthful powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got the fair - product is dry and orange-y. It kind of cracked on my face. The first day I wore it someone asked me if I was sick. Nice. this might work if you are a color match and have normal to oily skin, so for that I offer 2 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by blueflamingo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish I could give this product a zero. Gritty texture which has been mentioned by numerous reviewers. I thought my tube was defective so I contacted Physician's Formula to return the product. It took a month for me to get the product return form from them, and now it's been over a month and I have yet to get my money back. Not to mention the wrong phone number on the product packaging. Quality control Physician's Formula?? Completely turns me off to purchasing any other PF products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Overall its a nice drugstore foundation.

PROS:
-Blends very well
-Has good coverage that can be adjustable (applied w/ the fingers gives a more natural look w/ med. coverage, applied with a brush, kabuki or the one given provide a heavier coverage)
-Last all day without flaking, sliding off, becoming patchy, or changing colors.
-Gives a soft look
-Lightweight
-Nice creamy whipped formula
-The medium color matches my skin perfectly.
-Doesn't irritate the skin
-Removes easily
-No strong smell
-Powder not needed
-Pretty packaging
-Good quality brush given

CONS:
-The color range isn't good. There are only 3 Fair, Light and Medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by dennyinmi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alright Physicians Formula...yah...a mature womans "bb cream"....I love this stuff!!! Start with a good moisterized face, and apply with fingertips...don't need the brush! I can wear light or medium...very little difference between the two...(went back and bought another one right away after first trying it in light)...your skin becomes a palette for blush...btw this can double as concealer if put a bit extra under the eyes...the staying powder is 12-14 hours literally covers every pore, and does indeed take 10 years off of you!!! I swear this foundation is a must have...mousse like texture....glides on leaving flawless, soft focused effect like no other!!!
WOW and WOW....You will love this!!!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by kweid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this so far. I don't use the brush that came with it, I use my Chanel foundation brush. I put it on the back of my hand and then go from there. For me it blends really nicely with my skin (I bought the color Fair). I was worried the color would be too dark, but once on the skin it blends really well. It is a different texture than I am used to but using the brush it melts onto the skin providing decent coverage. I have very very sensitive skin which has been on the drier side lately and so far no breakouts. I also like that there are no parabens and some sunscreen. My one complaint is you only get 1 oz of product, so even though I don't need to use a lot, I may end up going through rather quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like Physicians Formula products in general. I like this base for what it is and that's a mat, powdered down foundation w/out using powder. It wears well and covers quite nicely. However, the color range is very limited so unless you're lucky enough to find it in a shade that's right on the money then you will not like this base as it is unforgiving when used atop a skin which is not within this bases tone and undertone. The interesting thing about it is the company promotes it as a cosmeceutical. That is it is suppose to act as a very high tech cosmetic/medical procedure/drug on the skin. It's suppose to firm the skin and have a treatment affect by softening lines/wrinkles and having a resurfacing/clearing/brightening effect on the skin. To do these things it needs to act not only on the surface or upper most layer of skin, but must also penetrate into the middle layer of skin. Whether it does this or not I could not tell you as you need to use it daily for weeks before it having this result. I cannot imagine this company lying about it being a treatment (especially as the company was started by Dermatologists, hence their name.) I will tell you it has an exhaustive, complicated list of very high tech ingredients. A simple formula this is not. I bought it as they had a mail in rebate for the full amount you paid for it. I received my check in 2 weeks, I kid you not. You better have a pretty good texture of skin to use it. That's where it seems counter-intuitive. It's suppose to treat damaged skin and improve it's texture, but it does not look good on anything but a very refined/nice skin. Put this over lined/dry skin and this bases will just make it look moreso. Because my skin is really quite nice bare, this base does for me what a base is suppose to do: make it look more refined, more even toned, poreless and just more perfect skin. It did all these things for my skin plus through the rebate, I got it for nothing! How could I complain about it? There is also a matching pressed powder which comes w/a brush for application. It also is quite nice. I like them both!!!
P.S. The base comes w/a brush also, but I did not try it that way. I only used my fingers.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No