December 22, 2014 | 1096 users online

BB Cream - Marcelle - BB Cream Beauty Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

So this is my first western BB cream, and I'd say this definitely does not compare to some Korean BB creams (Etude House, Lioele) I have tried. I bought this mostly because it claims to offer immediate hydration and soothing/calming properties. I never ever expect any product other then a moisturizer to be actually moisturizing, and the Korean BB cream (Etude House) I was using before this was actually kind of drying and the Marcelle one is not drying, however since my skin is sensitive and slightly dry on the cheeks in terms of mild eczema like irritations, i feel it may cause or aggravate any existing dry patches. My forehead is slight oily, and this BB cream does not make it any more oily. My skin tone is evened out slighty and my skin looks decently smooth as it gives light coverage with a satin-matte finish, depending on any products you put before this. I personally like an SPF in my BB cream, but its not too big of a complaint for me. Though, I find it a little odd of how this BB cream will protect my skin from premature aging and environmental stresses without any SPF. I noticed that Marcelle's BB cream has a faint sour smell which doesn't offend me but I just want to comment on that as it may bother others. Overall, I think its worth a try, especially because its a Canadian product, but this isn't for me. $20.96 at Real Canadian Superstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Cheapchic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the BB cream and powder in a set for $23 CAD at London Drugs in medium to dark. I am NC30 and would say this shade was a bit dark on me but I didn't mind.

I really liked the natural coverage and the moderately moisturizing attributes of this BB. I use Legere and also Kate BB gel on a regular basis and find that the Marcelle product is equally as good especially for the price. I can add some pigment powder where there is discoloration and I have pretty good success for a sheer but flawless look. Overall, I do recommend this BB, especially at this price point.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by bladejynxxm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really like this product.

Great coverage and consistency.

A little dark on my skin but the tone is neither too yellow nor too pink. The pump can be troublesome.

Would not recommend this product to people with oily or combo skin as my skin got shiny by the end of the day, but I did not mind.

If you are very fair the colour is not great (typical of BB creams and tinted moisturizers) but i find that if i layer a lighter powder over top it corrects the colour.

If you are having trouble with the pump squirting try holding the product with the pump facing down so the product will pool down into the pump.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really want to love this product but I can't although I know why everyone loves it.

First of all, it have pump dispenser from a tube so it's really great and hygienic to use. It is very handy.

Second, it goes on really nicely and gives a beautiful glow and a medium coverage without looking cakey.

My only problem is that it doesn't stay. I tried with primer, without primer, with setting powder, without setting powder... I tried everything! At the end of the day, at some place on my face you can see my skin, and on other place, you can see the product. It look patchy, like i rubbed my face on a towel, but I don't !!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by DARBSI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this bb cream. I use the med/dark shade and I also have the golden glow in this. It goes on smooth and feels light and not heavy at all. I received a sample and I went out of my to order this online and love it! The nicest feature is that it has a pump dispenser from a tube which makes the packaging unique and very handy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely 100% recommend this BB cream. Last year I wanted to see what all the hype was about BB cream. The cosmetic specialist at Shoppers Drug Mart recommend that I try this one. I got the light/medium shade. The coverage is excellent and it instantly smoothes out my complexion. The convenient pump dispenses just the right amount. It does not dry out my skin and it does not look like I've caked it on. I find that it blends perfectly with my skin colour (I don't get that gross orange line on my jaw line). It was about $20.00 CDN and it is worth every penny! I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea2358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like how it looks, how it feels..... But honestly this is the worst smelling beauty product I've ever gotten!!!!! My guy friend came close to me and say what smells so bad? I can't quite describe it, almost rotten kinda rotten smell :( I love this product, because it sits on my face beautifully! but I really don't know about the smell... Anyone else got this problem?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Meaney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice coverage. Good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by montinez

let me start off by saying this might not be a fairfair review because I just tried this product in about 20 minutes ago. I wanted to review it right away because it's off the hook lol. I got this as one of my samples in my birchbox. they gave me a pretty decent amount of this stuff, the box said its like a tinted moisturizer and BB cream and can be used as a makeup base. I was going to put my Mac Foundation on over this but the coverage was so good that I decided to just wear this.im nc30 and it matched my skin pretty well, it covered my redness and it looks like I have makeup on but in a very natural way if that makes any sense. I will edit this if it gets oily or makes me break out.

Edit:
After 7 hours of wear I'm a bit of a grease ball but it is hot out & none of my makeup can really survive the heat unless im wearing a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by DaliaDee

Great-looking skin! I have sensitive skin so Marcelle's hypoallergenic makeup is perfect. This BB cream goes on easily. It's very light for everyday use. Does not look cakey - ever. It will not cover blemishes but it will even out your tone and give you a dewy glow. I find it a tad yellowish but it works for my skin tone. Only problem is that it makes my oily skin look even more oily so I have to wear extra powder on top. It's great for my dry areas though! Feels like moisturizer when you put it on. For evenings I put concealer over it and use it as a base.
TRY the BB Cream to Powder if you don't like the oily look of this one. I carry it in my purse for easy application through the day. Love it!