July 30, 2014 | 2135 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Scene Eyeshadow

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by BeautyAffair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Muted blue-grey, satin.

Scene is a matte light grey colour I use mainly for daytime smokey looks. It's easily blended to whatever colour you choose and since it's grey, goes with anything and matches all skintones. It's nothing special in itself, but if you're preferential to MAC's Matte formula, then it's good. Pigmentation is great and intensity can be layered or washed out easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for a smoky eye! Nice color, a nice medium gray with some purple undertones. Beautiful for my blue eyes!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a basic, mid-grey cool shade. I like it in the crease of a smoky eye. However, it's quite hard to blend - it drags and goes blotchy. There are better formulas out there (even in similar colours from MAC) so I doubt I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like using this eye shadow to create a smokey eye effect. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i was in need of a medium gray e/s and this was it. great as a lid color with humid or club in outer corner/crease.

this is a great color for a neutral eye - but also goes well with bright colors too.

staple in my e/s stash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a matte gray color for Fall and this was perfect. I think I bought it because Kandee Johnson recommended it. I put this all the way around my eyes along with with a shimmery purple eyeshadow and tons of black liner and mascara. I love using this color underneath my eyes. It's now almost Spring and I'm still using this color almost daily, I've never used up an eyeshadow so fast in my life. I've had eyeshadows for 5 years and can't see as much pan as I can with my Scene. Definitely will repurchase soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mabv812

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow! I used it over the lid with Brown Down in the crease and it looked wonderful. All of my friends commented on how pretty my shadow was. Definitely a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by orchidd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this! This eyeshadow is perfectly pigmented, easy to work with, and the shade is even more beautiful in actual use than in the package. This makes my blue yes really pop :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Jent77

I LOVE the color of this shadow, but I guess I'm one of the few who had great difficulty building this up. It was almost cheap like, maybe I got a bad batch because the tester at the store was soft, but the new one I received was hard and didn't stick to the eyelid well even with primer. But OMG it made my green eyes look so pretty with a little bit of black eyeliner. That's the only reason I love it, one of the prettiest colors I've tried on my eyes in a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by jimmychoordam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Wowsy, this colour is described by MAC as muted blue-grey (Satin). When I looked at it in the pan I thought there is something about this colour, let me try it out. I did a swatch and purchased it straight away. I apply this colour on my eyelid and it's such a chique, sophisticated colour and look. I blend a little bit of Print or Cork in the crease for a natural effect and line upper lash with black eye shadow, that's it. My eyes then look stunning, it really brings out the brown in my dark brown eyes, beautiful! I think this would look nice with blue eyes as well. Because it's a Satin it goes on effortlessly. I must say I always use UDPP before I put on any eye shadow which makes my look stay put all day long. All in all I'm extremely pleased with Scene and totally recommend it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No