MAC Scene Eyeshadow

4.1

on 5/27/2010 9:14:00 AM

I agree with the reviewer below...this has so little pigmentation in it (i.e. incredibly sheer). you would need to use it wet in order to get some kind of coverage...i find this is mostly the case with a large number of MAC matte eyeshadows. For the price (AUS$30), this is so not worth the price. Go elsewhere, and always ALWAYS test the pigment out before you buy...take a finger, swipe it across the shadow and wipe it on the back of your hand. If the colour does not show up the same as in the pot, it is not worth buying...you will spend forever trying to build it up. Will not repurchase.

on 5/26/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wow, what a disappointment. Little pigmentation, VERY hard to blend, and I hardly ever use it. I thought that a grey would be a nice color to add to my neutrals but this falls short.

on 5/11/2010 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Muted blue-grey, satin.

Scene is a matte light grey colour I use mainly for daytime smokey looks. It's easily blended to whatever colour you choose and since it's grey, goes with anything and matches all skintones. It's nothing special in itself, but if you're preferential to MAC's Matte formula, then it's good. Pigmentation is great and intensity can be layered or washed out easily.

on 4/24/2010 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great for a smoky eye! Nice color, a nice medium gray with some purple undertones. Beautiful for my blue eyes!

on 4/18/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a basic, mid-grey cool shade. I like it in the crease of a smoky eye. However, it's quite hard to blend - it drags and goes blotchy. There are better formulas out there (even in similar colours from MAC) so I doubt I would repurchase.

on 3/26/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like using this eye shadow to create a smokey eye effect. I would buy it again.

on 3/18/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i was in need of a medium gray e/s and this was it. great as a lid color with humid or club in outer corner/crease.

this is a great color for a neutral eye - but also goes well with bright colors too.

staple in my e/s stash

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I was looking for a matte gray color for Fall and this was perfect. I think I bought it because Kandee Johnson recommended it. I put this all the way around my eyes along with with a shimmery purple eyeshadow and tons of black liner and mascara. I love using this color underneath my eyes. It's now almost Spring and I'm still using this color almost daily, I've never used up an eyeshadow so fast in my life. I've had eyeshadows for 5 years and can't see as much pan as I can with my Scene. Definitely will repurchase soon.

on 2/26/2010 1:47:00 AM

I love this eyeshadow! I used it over the lid with Brown Down in the crease and it looked wonderful. All of my friends commented on how pretty my shadow was. Definitely a great buy!

on 2/21/2010 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love love love this! This eyeshadow is perfectly pigmented, easy to work with, and the shade is even more beautiful in actual use than in the package. This makes my blue yes really pop :)

Top Rated MAC Products