NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 11/18/2014 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this powder. Since I now have my experiences with this powder I will not be buying another 30 Mac studio fix powder ever. For the most part i have normal skin. So, this powder does not look shiny nor matte on my skin. One thing I llike about this powder is the color match. So much Better then Macs color selection. I do not need to reapply this powder through out the day. I also use this alone and over my foundation. It's so beautiful over foundation. People are always complementing my skin not my makeup when I'm actually wearing my foundation and this powder. When I wear it all alone its okay. It just makes my skin look airbrushed. It states on the box that it's waterproof. I'm not sure about that claim yet I haven't got my makeup wet yet. I'm sure living in crazy Houston that I'll be walking out side and it'll probably start pouring bananas outside unexpectedly. Also it claim to be sweat proof.....that's in contrary with it's earlier claim of waterproof. Sorry ladies I haven't been sweating due to the 30 degrees freezing weather out here. But I'm sure soon enoungh when the Houston humidity returns I'll get to really test it out then I'll update. so far so good. I wear the color tawny. I am a nw43,44,sometime nc50. It depends on what time of the year it is. Right now I'm a nc50. Nc 50 is a lil bit dark on me right now but not a significant change. The packaging is very bulky. Not sleek like the Mac packaging. It's really bulky and weigh a lot. I really do not like the mirror it's shiny and poorly designed. It does come with a sponge applicator. I do not use the sponge. I use my elf powder brush and I stipple and pressed this powder on to my skin. It does say as stated by nyx, to use the sponge for FULL COVERAGE. I tried it and it does go on as full coverage that way. Hope I helped someone bye bye. Also, before I forget. It does not say anything on the box about using this product wet like most powder foundations. It's says use dry. Also I did not smell any harsh odors from the powder. Maybe a slight makeupy scent nothing over powering.

on 11/11/2014 11:16:00 PM

This product is labeled as a powder Foundation, but I think it is much better as a setting powder. I was looking for a cheap replacement for my MAC studio fix powder because I like just wearing that on lazy days for Foundatio . This did not fit the bill. The color was a good match but it didn't have the coverage I was looking for in a foundation. As a setting powder it works great and has a nice finish. I would buy it again as a setting powder, but never again for Foundation.

on 9/25/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this as a powder to go over my foundation or bb cream. I think it is a great medium coverage powder. I love that it looks like my actual skin. To me it had a natural look and feel and matches my skin great (I use soft beige). When my face is clearer I use it with my hope in a jar A to Z bb cream and benefit porefessional primer. When I need a little more coverage I use it with benefit primer and maybelline dream wonder fluid (which seems to cover most imperfections).

on 8/30/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is just an okay setting powder. It really doesn't do anything to control the oil on my face. By lunchtime, my forehead and nose are just as oily as if I didn't use any powder at all. I usually love most NYX products, but I think there are better drugstore setting powders.

This powder is so primitive, I tried it on my hands in target and it looked ok, but when I actually powdered my face with it, I noticed that it wasn't matte, contrary to the name, it's shiny and flat. This is such a cheap product, it brings out any imperfections you have, and it doesn't have any coverage, if you try to build it up, don't, because it just makes your face look cakey

on 8/27/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like this a lot but it does feel slightly thick and heavy on the skin, does not look heavy just feels that way. For the look and coverage it gives I will continue to use, I wish it kept my oil at bay but it does not . I get shiny just as quick as I would with a liquid.

on 8/23/2014 5:42:00 PM

I do not care for this at all. I was on the hunt for a new powder foundation, thought I would give this a try. It just makes my face look dull and lifeless. Since it IS a powder foundation, that was how I was initially using it. I tried many different application methods and tools. It covers ok. I also tried using it as a finishing powder, hoping that I could find a way to make it work and get some use out of it. I tried on and off many times. Yesterday, I used it again. Looked in the mirror at work and in the car and thought "Why? Why am I trying to make this work when it looks so bad on me?" So finally, I threw it away. So I'm not tempted to wear it again. (It also oxidizes on me pretty badly)

on 6/29/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think the reason this product has had bad reviews here is because people are using it as foundation. This is a great setting powder on par with other HD setting powders but not as good as MAC's. I like this product for highlighting. I bought the lightest Ivory which is one shade lighter than my skin and I use it under my eyes over my concealer. It is very light and it needs to be applied with a brush and or a bulb sponge. I really like this powder but thinking it is a foundation will disappoint as it is on the sheer side. Probably the best powder for the price in the drugstore. It is very fine and silky.Also if your skin is super oily this will not work. I guess it is a good product but not what it claims.

on 6/29/2014 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The shade I got has a lot of yellow in it so I like it for that reason. But the rest of it.... meh. It's kinda I don't know.. sits on top of your face... makes you look like you have powder on. I use a light hand too and it still is too much. Not finely milled... I just am not impressed. And it's expensive for NYX especially.

on 6/12/2014 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is quite good for oily skin like me, and the texture is feel so light on my face, but doesn't have good coverage,if i use it from morning to night it's ruin very quickly and the color is not suit well on my skin, i pick natural shade, and it's too yellow on my face, it's make my yellow skin look more yellow.

Good:
- light texture
-Have a matte look on ur face
-Good on oily skin

Bad:
- Too yellow for asian skin
-Doesn't have good coverage
-Doesn't last longger on ur face