NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.0

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 3/27/2014 8:35:00 PM

this works at a good setting powder.
it does not give a great coverage but it does control shine and oil.
i am around N15, and i use the lightest shade and the colour matches very well.
the texture of the powder is super soft and apply smoothly on face.

on 3/8/2014 9:15:00 AM

This does not work at all for me on its own. As a finishing powder it is just OK. I have the lightest shade and it is a pretty good match. Wear on me is just average, it doesn't seem to oxidize which is a plus. My biggest complaint is the amount of product you get. I hit pan on this quickly despite somewhat sparing use as a light finishing powder. I checked the amount and discovered that the NYX compact contains only .26oz. By comparison, my favorite Lancôme Dual finish powder contains .67oz-- nearly three times as much! So, while up front, the NYX seems like a better buy, it really isn't considering how fast I go through it. I definitely won't repurchase when I'm finished with this compact, which will be pretty soon.

on 3/2/2014 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Oh dear, where to begin. I have had this for a few months but always used it as a finishing powder instead of a foundation. Today, I had to run a quick errand and buffed this on instead of using liquid foundation. Oh man, this is the worst powder foundation I have ever tried. I look like I am wearing stage makeup or a powder mask or something. The powder clung to all my dry skin and fine lines..agh, it is just horrible. I will use this up but I will never replace it. It made me look like a monster. I cannot recommend it to anyone.

on 2/22/2014 1:36:00 PM

I have NC20/NC25 skin with yellowish undertones and I bought this foundation in the shade 'Natural'. I think I hit the jackpot because the shade is a great match for my skin.

I bought both this product and the L'Oreal True Match powder foundation to see which one I liked best. The L'Oreal powder foundation felt heavier on my skin and more cakey. The NYX Stay Matte felt light and refreshing. Also, the colour of the NYX was more vibrant and healthy looking.

The powder goes on very smoothly and provides surprisingly good coverage when you use the sponge it comes with. It's more of a medium coverage, which works for me. It does an amazing job at evening out my skin tone in a natural way. If you're looking for full on hardcore coverage, this may let you down. I find it sometimes catches on dry skin, but as long as you moisturize then it's no problem at all. Lasting power is also impressive, I can go a whole work day without touching up.

The packaging is sleek and very MAC looking, the only bummer is the tiny little plastic tab that you have to use to get at the sponge compartment. It's so small! If I had short fingernails I wouldn't be able to lift it, and even having slightly longer fingernails is problematic because if I'm not careful I jab the powder with my nail and lose a small chunk of it. In the grand scheme of things though, I forgive the packaging annoyance because I love the product.

If your skin is relatively clear and not too dry (and if you find a good colour match) this product is wonderful and I recommend it.

on 2/16/2014 11:10:00 AM

I bought this because it was on sale and figured I would give it a try. I bought the stay matte but not flat foundation to go with it as well. I think both are WONDERFUL. They make my skin look super smooth, and this stuff lasts during my 7 hour work day!

on 1/17/2014 5:12:00 PM

I wanted to love this product sooo bad, but unfortunately I ended up really really NOT liking this...I purchased in Nude for my NC20-25 skin. The coverage was weak and even though I purchased Nude which is the second to the lightest shade....my face ended up looking muddy and dull!!! I put the rest of my makeup on thinking I just had to put my full face on for the full effect.....WRONG.....I couldn't stand it so much I took it off and put my old foundation on.

I used Mac Studio Fix for years but once my dermatologist told me to stop because the ingredients were not good for acne prone skin I switched to Neutrogena mineral powder foundation. I liked that but still was not totally satisfied. I don't like the bismuth in other mineral foundations either so a good powder foundation is hard to find. I switched to Almay Clear Complextion liquid foundation in Sand, which is a perfect shade for gals with golden undertones. I top off with the Almay Clear Complextion powder in light. I will stay with that combo for my liquid foundation routine....and the search continues for my HG powder foundation :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Where have you been all my life!? Talc free and absorbs oil and best of all doesn't break me out at all! I've used so many different powders and after using this one I will NEVER use any other again! It's a super good price too it's only $10 but with my $3.50 off $10 or more transaction I only pay about $7 with tax so that's a plus! Ulta always has this coupon up in their site so use it if your purchasing there! I but the color "natural" which is a light golden color which is great for those like myself with neutral and golden undertones. It has no sparkle or glitter so it definitely is matte. It makes my skin look nice and "glowing" so it lives to to its name "stay matte not flat" which is great. The size of the powder is a good amount for the money paid for it but for some reason I find my self buying a new one every week and half so I'm not sure if it runs out that quick or I just use that much but i don't mind because its great! This is my HG powder.

on 12/10/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Update: 19/2/14 - I no longer use this powder. I found after using it for awhile that it became very cakey. I couldn't reapply it without it moving my foundation around. This powder also hits pan very quickly so isn't good value for money.

I have tried on and off to use this because i wanted to like it but unfortunately I don't find this a very nice powder

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a great product, especially for mornings when I need to slap my makeup on as fast as possible, or when I just can't be bothered. I'll apply primer, concealer and this, and it gives medium coverage - it doesn't cover up everything, but that's not my goal on a daily basis.

It can be built up to heavier coverage, but it will usually end up looking cakey, and since it is ever so slightly shimmer (VERY subtle) it can emphasis pores. As many reviewers have mentioned, for a full-coverage look this makes a great setting powder.

My only real complaint is the amount of product you get for the money. I paid $13.99 CAD for this, and after a month I have already significantly hit pan. Granted, I have been using it as a foundation almost every day, but with foundations of whatever formula (powder, liquid etc) I usually expect at least 3 months... and this rate I won't get that out of it. Of course, this is still cheaper than a high-end powder would be, but I almost never buy high-end makeup. It is also probably quite a bit cheaper in the States.

on 12/6/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i have a pretty oily face, so when i saw this product at my local Ulta i decided to give it a try. i dont need much coverage, so this worked perfect as a foundation for me...about a month into using the product...i noticed my face was completely broken out. i havent gotten pimples on my forehead since hs, and im 25. behold, broken out forehead. i noticed my cheeks are extremely broken out, and i'm beginning to wonder if its because im using NYX blush . regardless, if your skin can handle this product, i'd say go for it. unfortunately, won't be purchasing again.