April 16, 2014 | 1498 users online

Powder - NYX - Stay Matte but not Flat Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Catsmeow2324

This is pretty good. It gives light coverage and doesn't look Cakey. The only downside is the packaging. It's very bulky and I don't get any use out of the sponge

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this to actually use as a powder foundation, but it doesn't give enough coverage for that, so I use this as a setting powder. However, using a small brush to apply this over concealer on blemishes or acne scars works as an extra layer of coverage, because you apply it so precisely and more heavily. It's very soft and easy to work with. It does keep my skin matte for about 4 or more hours, depending on the season and how my skin is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

A new Ulta store just recently opened in Nashville and I was ecstatic to find NYX products because I haven't been able to find them anywhere here. I was just about to buy a powder foundation from LORAC and when I saw this from NYX I thought I would try it and omg . . . love it! The packaging is very similar to LORAC and the texture is finely milled and goes on smooth for a gorgeous matte finish. Just as it says, it is "matte but not flat". I was surprised at some of the low ratings for this product and totally agree with the previous reviewer that this is an awesome foundation powder. This could very well be an excellent LORAC dupe for a fraction of the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Mezalez

It only lasts for approx. a little bit more than an hour and it doesn't even make such a big difference. You can probably just use blotting paper and it gives the same results :/ In the end, switched back to L'oreal. Now that stuff is Amazing!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by BonChicBonGenre

This doesn't serve as a powder foundation, but works well to layer over liquid foundation for additional coverage; or, in my case, to provide a good dose of yellow because my liquid foundation isn't yellow enough. I buff it on with my EM long-handled kabuki brush. When I do so on a bare face it doesn't stay on at all. It's too powdery. But when I buff it on top of foundation, it's like it has something to stick to, and provides a good layer of additional coverage. And then I don't set it at all. And, as I said, it's a great dose of yellow to put on top of my EltaMD and NYX HD, which are slightly too beige for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

(I have the straight pressed powder one, the picture shows cream to powder) I actually like it. Not expensive, it stays on decently, doesn't turn a funny color on me, doesn't break me out, which is huge. It's not the best coverage or the most amazing product, but considering all the halfway decent reviews some very expensive competitors got, I went for cheaper and so far it's ok. Still going to look for a permanent better one, and might not actually re purchase this, but it's not as bad as it seems from all the reviews on here. It does feel silkier in the 'tester' pot, I wonder if that's from all our greasy hands -_- ew

Update: I have been extremely vigilant about writing down everything I use on my face to find out what causes bumps, but I left out makeup. I'm realizing now that this could be one of them (I react easily, so it's not as simple as one thing). I'm returning it. It had OK staying power, but I like my L'Oreal more anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by jijijonggg

Hate this one >< Never buy again! The worst of worst product I've ever used

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by hmllr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It is super cheap. The powder stays in place and i love the matte finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Since NYX is my favourite general makeup brand and I needed powder (having nothing to go off of from before), I tried it, buuuut...

It's cakey, the coverage sucks (when you're not using it to set concealer/foundation), it clumps if you're not careful, the sponge it comes with is a joke, and the colour is also pretty deceiving.

It can supposedly be used with water for fuller coverage, but all I've found that using it with water does is make it clump oddly so it looks like you've got sand on your face. I've found that the powder really isn't as fine as it should be for what it's advertised as.

One small but still significantly aggravating problem is the compartment the sponge is in; I have short nails, so I basically have to break it to get it open.

Would not buy again, would not recommend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I should have read glamstep's review before buying this, because we have the same skintone (around a MAC NC25) and I ended up having the exact same issue with the same shade she bought (soft beige). It started out as what appeared to be an excellent match, but after a couple of hours (maybe mixed with skin oil) it started to look dirty, uneven, and a little orange, particularly where I had applied a bit extra because its coverage is kind of sucky. I have olive undertones and orange looks icky on me.

The aforementioned sucky coverage is sort of good, however, because I'm still keeping this product around to set other powders or blend/color-correct, and since it doesn't really go on that thickly, it doesn't really mess up my face too much so long as I use it sparingly and over some other makeup.

If you want a Nyx product that has a better consistency, as well as better coverage and staying power, look into Twin Cake. If you're NC25, Nude in that line is perfect.