December 22, 2014 | 999 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow New Look Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by sdellinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am STUNNED by the low reviews on this mascara. Quite frankly I would never have tried it based on these reviews but a good friend gave me an extra tube and I am shockingly in love!

For the record everything, and I mean everything (even waterproof) smudges on me and gives me racoon eyes. This sucker did NOT budge all day! I travel a ton, have crazy long hours, rub my eyes etc.

Sisley's phtyo stretch was my previous HG since it didn't flake, but I noticed sisley seemed to just fade away by the end of the day. With the Dior I could go out after 10 hours and still look like I was wearing lashes.

The brush is so tiny I'm stunned that the payoff is so huge. it lenghten AND plumps and really defines every lash. I even love for the lower lashes.

I'm also in love with the intesity of the color. a lot of people have complained it looks "wet", but that is the high shine.

Have every intention of buying another tube when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

SMUDGES LIKE A MOTHER! I usually don't have an issue with raccoon eyes but had this on about an hour when my sister said "you have some black under your eye". Looked in the mirror and sure enough. Only it wasn't "some" it was ALOT. Fortunately this was a sample tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by 1alexa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using benefit they're real and thought that was hg status. I went back to Dior as of yesterday because I needed new mascara and noticed they came out with this one. Well I'm sorry I strayed from Dior for so long! All of their mascaras are amazing and worth the money. New look is great, super dark and lengthening. I like the I'm wearing mascara look and I also got a compliment on my lashes. Will be using Dior mascara from now on. Doesn't hurt that the packaging is very nice too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by macafz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I truly love the wand in this mascara. I find it makes the application so much easier. It also helps to get right into the lashes at the inner and outer corner of the eye without making a mess! Same thing for the lower lashes.
The color pigmentation is great, it leaves a truly black glossy finish and while i think the formulation to be a bit too sticky at first, it gets better as you let it dry out. I have to say it didn't hold the shape the lash curler gave to my lashes but that's not to say that they lay completely flat. Very buildable and I didn't experience any smudging whatsoever.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by quitabandita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is too wet when you first buy it for sure, but similarly to L'Oreal Voluminous it gets better once you let it dry out for about a week. Is it worth the money? No. There are cheaper & better mascaras out there. Is it terrible? No, once it dries out a bit it gives you really full, long, lush lashes and it doesn't run, fade, smudge or flake on me. I got the set that comes with the mini Dior palette, which was supposed to be in Khaki but instead was Gris, which I was actually happy about because I think the Gris colors are more wearable. Not worth buying this mascara on it's own, but with the mini palette it is a pretty good deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been considering trying a Dior mascara, and have been lusting for one of their quints, so I bought this New Look/mini Grege combo. I truly hate this mascara. I will say that it is very glossy black, which is nice, but the formula is very slick and thin. The brush is tiny, which I personally don't have a problem with.....except it made the ends of my lashes stick together. Very odd effect. I wasn't loving it to start with, and tried to give it a good, fair chance, but after two uses, my eyes started to itch. The tiny little palette that came with it is nice, but considering I used only those two products and a very tried and true eyeliner, I suppose it's possible the quint caused some of the itching. Either way, I've killed two lemmings with one stone here. Definitely wouldn't buy again, and probably wouldn't consider dropping 30 bucks on a mascara again either.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by littlehousebigvacation

Let me begin by stating that is a truly black mascara and I don't mind the small brush. It's the wet and gloppy formula that is the trouble. I made the mistake of wiggling the brush at the root of my lashes and pulling it through to the end of my lashes. I ended up with about 5 clumpy spider lashes and impossible to remove smudges on my lash line. Oh and I don't know why I tried 2 coats, I couldn't even comb through it and then it started to flake. I'm so disappointed that I bought this.

I did get a mini quint with it. But the color was wrong (supposed to be Khaki but, it was Grege). Btw, it's very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Cherealex

First review! This is for diors new mascara. So I've been stalking makeupalley for a while and you guys have led me to buy lots of amazing products but I've never wrote a review so hereeee goes
This Mascara is ammmmazing and shockingly underrated! Gives beautiful lengths and Volume and separates with just two coats and no prior curling! It comes with a small brush which put me off at first, but gives an amazing look. would buy again for sure. For mine in boots in London whilst I was meeting the kardashians, only last week and came with a minke dior eye shadow palette. Attached picture, mines the one looking up and just of the eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Wolkje

This mascara caused an allergic reaction to my eyelids The consistency of this product is rather smooth in the beginning, but after a while it gets thicker and sticky. This mascara transfers to the under the eye area during the day, and that is bothering me. I will not repurchase this. Instead I will switch to my beloved Shiseido Perfect Mascara Defining Volume again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Packaging: The packaging looks nice but is far too bulky for my liking.

Colour: This mascara is very black and works great with a smokey eye.

Formula: The mascara is a semi wet formula and not clumpy, although you have to be careful not to touch your lashes soon after application as they will stick together and look spidery, and if you overapply your lashes will look spidery. Have to be careful not to apply too much on the bottom lashes. Makes my lashes look nice and thick and volumnous, which I like, but does not lengthen very much. I think it enhances my lashes but maybe not as much as I expected for a high end mascara.

Staying power: Unfortunately this mascara smudges on my bottom lid a little by the end of the day, BUT I have very oily lids and usually have this problem with mascaras anyway, and easily fixed!

Price: Very expensive considering the decent mascaras sold by drugstore makeup brands such as Maybelline and Maxfactor. Even my NYX Doll Eyes mascara is comparable (if not better for length) than this mascara (although not as black as I would like).

Would not by again as I am constantly trying out new mascaras (: